• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Juggernaut is such an exciting character that Gaz didn't even bother posting teasers. :lol

except they said they are doing just that in 4 days including his new model

Are there perks? I figured they'd just be meaningless bars to fill up.

Didn't they say a while ago, some would have Odin Marks as completion bonuses? Maybe I'm wrong.

EDIT:
dBbgQTX.png

That's what I'm thinking of, but hmm, the last screenshot preview doesn't have the Odin mark things, so maybe it's gone.

Dec

So achievements have been delayed by 7 months from the first estimated date. I assume it's for the better, just very strange looking back at June and seeing it as one of the anniversary features "on track to make it later this month".

The plan was to continue our Wednesday night raiding tradition...then only four people showed up. We typically have 7-8 folks ready to go and have to bring in a couple of extras from outside the super group to form the raid.

In the past, we've done two raids on Wednesday nights, then another run or two on the weekends. Times aren't set in stone, but the first Wednesday raid has tended to start at 2000 Eastern Time, with the second one starting at 2200 Eastern Time. Those are intended to accomodate our Brazilian/Canadian/USA players. In the past, Sblargh or someone has led the first run, and I usually shoehorn myself into leading the second group. We don't really need anyone leading them anymore, but it helps to explain fight mechanics to new players and narrow down group selections.

I would like to raid with you guys like I used to a month ago, but since I started my new job, I actually have to work nights, so it's a no-go for me, until a couple weeks and my schedule changes up.

Lord Phol

Good evening,

I hope everyone is well.

Here's the schedule for the next two weeks:

Tomorrow (Friday, October 10th) - ARMOR Incursion Event begins for approproximately one week. Several other bug fixes are also in the patch.

Monday, October 13th - Midtown Madness Monday also occurs. If all goes well, this will happen every Monday and will even extend to the Industry City Patrol when it launches in a few weeks.

Monday, October 13th (probably earlier) - The very big patch with Nova, Cyclops 52, Psylocke QOL, Ghost Rider QOL, Surfer QOL and Star-Lord QOL will open for public testing.

Friday, October 17th (possibly Thursday) - The big patch will launch, along with Cosmic Chaos!

Friday, October 24th - Halloween two-week event will begin (no currency attached, just various flavorful drops).

Likely that weekend - Juggernaut open for public testing.

Man with that many big changes in one patch something is bound to go wrong and/or get delayed. The TC forums should be a mess as well, not sure if I want to set my foot in there >>.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
achievements also come with titles, doomsaw said few weeks ago that titles are now completed, cannot find post right now but did mention it in old thread w ehad

Dec

Further camera zoom and hardware cursor coming with Nova. Hope it makes it through testing this time. Those two features overshadow all the QOLs and Nova I think.

Volimar

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyygggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooddddddddddddddddddddd Punisher is so boring. Figured I'd use the rest of this event to gear him a bit better and get him a few levels, but I literally started nodding off while playing him.

Dunlop

Is there any method to quickly level in this game?

I'm doing Midtown madness atm and while it seems much quicker it is still kind of tedious

Ploid 3.0

Ooo looks like a new power or just updated art for an all ready shown power, that icon wasn't in the earlier power tree spoiler nor the datamining. The one bound to the "F"-key.

For those playing Psylocke, what legendary do you use?

I use power cosmic since she used to change between mental and physical. Though I gave that power cosmic to rogue, and will have to replace Psylocke's. If the QOL makes it so I use mental or physical a ton less I'll just get something else.

Psylocke is my "main" and I've got her in full level 66 gear with almost all top end artifacts (still no Gem of the Kursed, but RNG is what it is).

The top choices for her legendary:

1) The Power Cosmic. No question. You are talking +1,500 health, +1,500 physical damage rating, +1,500 mental damage rating, and +2 to all her attributes. All of that will have a 100% uptime, and gives her a massive damage increase along with lots of health. Hybrid itemization in this game is ridiculous right now. Psylocke is very well balanced between the two damage types, and they've said her QOL will not affect current itemization. With her uniques getting reworked and the more defensive psionic barrier mechanic, I'm convinced the Power Cosmic will remain the top choice if you're looking for maximizing damage and raiding.

2) Gungnir. If you don't have a Power Cosmic available (most players have one, tops), Gungnir is the way to go. With top end gearing and artifacts, my Psylocke has right at 49% critical hit chance. Gungnir would up that number to 52%ish, but more importantly it adds +2,000 critical damage rating. That's a massive boost to critical damage, and can't really be replicated in any other gearing slot, since almost everyone takes all four costume affixes as critical damage regardless of other gearing choices.

3) Excalibur. This is a good general purpose legendary for melee, but I don't think it's optimized that well for end game cosmic terminals or raid content. The +1,000 defense means very little when getting hit by a raid boss. Congrats on taking 10,400 damage instead of 11,000! You are far better off with the +1,500 health instead. The +1,000 to melee powers is great, except it pales in comparison to the +1,500 physical and +1,500 mental you get from the Power Cosmic. It's important to note that while Psylocke is primarily a melee character, at least two of her most commonly used damage abilities have a ranged tag on them. So what you're left with is +500 critical rating (worse than Gungnir's +800) and regenerating 200 health on hit. The health on hit thing isn't terrible, but not something that is going to keep you alive in any of the harder content in the game.

TL;DR - The Power Cosmic >> Gungnir >>>>> Excalibur

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
new rig aquired, 1 game and 1 game only goes on the SSD. Guess which game :p

Lord Phol

Psylocke is my "main" and I've got her in full level 66 gear with almost all top end artifacts (still no Gem of the Kursed, but RNG is what it is).

The top choices for her legendary:

1) The Power Cosmic. No question. You are talking +1,500 health, +1,500 physical damage rating, +1,500 mental damage rating, and +2 to all her attributes. All of that will have a 100% uptime, and gives her a massive damage increase along with lots of health. Hybrid itemization in this game is ridiculous right now. Psylocke is very well balanced between the two damage types, and they've said her QOL will not affect current itemization. With her uniques getting reworked and the more defensive psionic barrier mechanic, I'm convinced the Power Cosmic will remain the top choice if you're looking for maximizing damage and raiding.

2) Gungnir. If you don't have a Power Cosmic available (most players have one, tops), Gungnir is the way to go. With top end gearing and artifacts, my Psylocke has right at 49% critical hit chance. Gungnir would up that number to 52%ish, but more importantly it adds +2,000 critical damage rating. That's a massive boost to critical damage, and can't really be replicated in any other gearing slot, since almost everyone takes all four costume affixes as critical damage regardless of other gearing choices.

3) Excalibur. This is a good general purpose legendary for melee, but I don't think it's optimized that well for end game cosmic terminals or raid content. The +1,000 defense means very little when getting hit by a raid boss. Congrats on taking 10,400 damage instead of 11,000! You are far better off with the +1,500 health instead. The +1,000 to melee powers is great, except it pales in comparison to the +1,500 physical and +1,500 mental you get from the Power Cosmic. It's important to note that while Psylocke is primarily a melee character, at least two of her most commonly used damage abilities have a ranged tag on them. So what you're left with is +500 critical rating (worse than Gungnir's +800) and regenerating 200 health on hit. The health on hit thing isn't terrible, but not something that is going to keep you alive in any of the harder content in the game.

TL;DR - The Power Cosmic >> Gungnir >>>>> Excalibur

Thanks for the write-up! Well guess I'll go Gugnir for now and Cosmic whenever I get enough "thingies" to buy one :p.

Dunlop

game is messing with me, rare instance I am home without the family and it is downloading a patch that is taking forever.

Are the boosts n real time or played time?

edit: lol patch has failed on me 3 times now and says i need to run a repair. It's a sign to go drink

Rhaknar

Just an FYI for those trying to farm ARMOR drives as quickly as possible, do Red Terminal Magneto. He's currently dropping three drives (instead of two), and he's quick and easy to farm.

Yessir.

since i would need 1000 thats still... 340 magneto kills give or take >_>

KePoW

Banned
game is messing with me, rare instance I am home without the family and it is downloading a patch that is taking forever.

Are the boosts n real time or played time?

edit: lol patch has failed on me 3 times now and says i need to run a repair. It's a sign to go drink

Are you on the Steam version? If not, I suggest you completely uninstall and use the Steam one

Top Bottom