• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Moondrop

Banned
I concur that Daredevil is quite fun post-review, and certainly in a better place than Cap and Nightcrawler. I recall leveling him just for his synergy, but then continuing straight on to 60 because he's so smooth now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I concur that Daredevil is quite fun post-review, and certainly in a better place than Cap and Nightcrawler. I recall leveling him just for his synergy, but then continuing straight on to 60 because he's so smooth now.

wut?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
NC is awesome. Cap needs help even after the review tho

Indignate

I got NC to the mid 20s and he feels super weak.

I don't know if I'm skilling him wrong or what, but I switched over to DD and he feels a lot better.

FeD.nL

So Doomsaw said he wants Wesley Snipes and David Hayter in the game. Well Snipes is for Blade but I wonder who they want Hayter to voice, Winter Soldier?

Drayco21

So Doomsaw said he wants Wesley Snipes and David Hayter in the game. Well Snipes is for Blade but I wonder who they want Hayter to voice, Winter Soldier?

I could see him as Winter Soldier, especially since he was already Captain America in the 90's Spidey cartoon, and CA:TWS was the closest we'll ever get to a good Metal Gear movie, it would make for a fun callback.

Moondrop

Banned
I'm not saying Nightcrawler is in a bad place, but I felt Daredevil blows him away in terms of sticking to a melee target and dealing consistent damage. Too much hit-and-run with Nightcrawler for my tastes, but then again I wasn't using a full meta build.

Nightcrawler is a slog early on when he's super squishy and I think because you level up so quickly these days, you're not always optimally geared to keep him alive either.

He's better at 60 fully geared (and certainly extremely good fun) but still on the squishier side of toons as others have said.

I've just started building him up again.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nightcrawler is a slog early on when he's super squishy and I think because you level up so quickly these days, you're not always optimally geared to keep him alive either.

He's better at 60 fully geared (and certainly extremely good fun) but still on the squishier side of toons as others have said.

I've just started building him up again.

he is also downright broken (in my experience) without a pym's shrinking

New raid changes.

Greetings,

We have been working hard on fixing bugs and tuning both of the Green and Red version of the raid. Here is some of what has been worked on:

Green Raids:

A full pass was done based on feedback to check the boss health pools of all of the raid bosses. An adjustment has been made which will result in Green Bosses having a lower amount of health.

Red Raids:

The fire on the Slag platform has been reworked. The power now spawns considerably less fire hotspots, however they are increased in size and damage that they deal. This should resolve any issues where players were unable to see the hotspots or where the VFX was disappearing

Additional Fixes:

Resolved an issue on the Sisters of Magma fight where the debuff would stick if you went to town. This debuff should now clear upon changing regions

Ultimate Cooldowns will now reset on success or failure of any raid encounter. This was done to lower downtime between pulls

The first bolded portion confirms what I suspected. Our group went from clearing green raids easily to dying on Surtur when the new red tier was released. Despite everyone having better gear. Hidden buffs to bosses would do that. This won't be out until the next patch, but I'm glad they're acknowledging the issue.

The second bolded part is long overdue.

KePoW

Banned
Well I'm still not clear if the Green bosses really have more HP than two weeks ago. That statement doesn't really specifically say.

Reason I ask is because I beat Surtur a couple times the past few days, so I'm not sure.

(although one definite change is the DOT pulse that Mono gives out, that was not there before)

Well I'm still not clear if the Green bosses really have more HP than two weeks ago. That statement doesn't really specifically say.

Reason I ask is because I beat Surtur a couple times the past few days, so I'm not sure.

(although one definite change is the DOT pulse that Mono gives out, that was not there before)

It seems random. Like the run we did during Omega week, he got the Omega modifier and was stronger than he's been in the past. Some folks speculate the 40% boss modifier skills don't work on him, but I'm not sure.

It does seem like he has more health. I can't explain why else we can enter the instance with better gear and not beat him, but maybe I'm missing something. The portals were screwing up with not taking enough people, so that could be part of it.

I have beat the raid on PUGs so I'm confused.

Rhaknar

any word on the patch being tomorow or friday? I cant deal with midtown anymore

I have that spirit on crit runeword on my NC.

I don't mind his hit and run style, since it's basically what I'd expect from NC.

I didn't really like the combo system when I levelled DD for synergy. Similar with Psylocke and multiple resource management.

Volimar

any word on the patch being tomorow or friday? I cant deal with midtown anymore

Agreed. It's taken ages to level Reed. Eventually I just gave up on Midtown and started clearing LQs.

Oh, and I got Thor's Destroyer costume from a fortune card, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

I don't own Thor

Speaking of raids, that something that still happens on Wednesdays? If so, what's the general time frame for it? I need to start getting in on this action.

KePoW

Banned
Speaking of raids, that something that still happens on Wednesdays? If so, what's the general time frame for it? I need to start getting in on this action.

Typically starting around 8pm or 9pm Central

Speaking of which... I completely forgot it was Wednesday lol

Vecks

My first pack of 20. :)

Pq7xSeW.jpg

If there's a weekend raid again I'd be keen to join. Gotta get my last two upgrade recipes.

The hearts recipes apparently increase the "+ ranks" so if anyone wants to carry me through red raids...

Dec

Also want in on raid. Hopefully I'm around, haven't been playing really so the last two upgrade recipes is taking forever.

inky

Typically starting around 8pm or 9pm Central

Speaking of which... I completely forgot it was Wednesday lol

So that's every week? I don't participate in Raids and no one really volunteered any info to add to the OP. I take it the schedule might not be set in stone, but a guideline would help new people.

What type of event is coming with the next patch? Shared Quest rewards? Timer-based loot? Something else?

I believe it's ARMOR incursion, so drives dropping from bosses. They're tweaking the drop rates currently, but harder terminal bosses drop more drives; easier drop less.

Some of the info from last time is here, but the dropping mechanism has changed this time around.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
back from my 3 day ban on here lol with anew name :D

Vecks

So that's every week? I don't participate in Raids and no one really volunteered any info to add to the OP. I take it the schedule might not be set in stone, but a guideline would help new people.

Yeah, Wednesday "night" is usually when it happens, if it happens.

I believe it's ARMOR incursion, so drives dropping from bosses. They're tweaking the drop rates currently, but harder terminal bosses drop more drives; easier drop less.

Some of the info from last time is here, but the dropping mechanism has changed this time around.

I don't remember anything about this event. Things are starting to get hazy. Never realized that chaos portal existed. I'm gonna need'em for SG and RR.

back from my 3 day ban on here lol with anew name :D

Welcome back.

I don't remember anything about this event. Things are starting to get hazy. Never realized that chaos portal existed. I'm gonna need'em for SG and RR.

Are our lives being retconned?

I vaguely remember using the drives for one of those 4-affix costume shards, but now I wish I had saved the drives for the artifact on Rocket. That crappy 4-affix mod is now sitting somewhere in my stash. I think it was like strength, durability, speed, item find, or something worse than that.

KePoW

Banned

We try to do it every week, but not always and not necessarily at the same exact time. So it's kinda inconsistent lol, since we're casual guild

Dunlop

Do the Midtown chest items scale to when you open them?

My Storm is only like lvl 16 and wanted to know if I should wait to open them

The plan was to continue our Wednesday night raiding tradition...then only four people showed up. We typically have 7-8 folks ready to go and have to bring in a couple of extras from outside the super group to form the raid.

In the past, we've done two raids on Wednesday nights, then another run or two on the weekends. Times aren't set in stone, but the first Wednesday raid has tended to start at 2000 Eastern Time, with the second one starting at 2200 Eastern Time. Those are intended to accomodate our Brazilian/Canadian/USA players. In the past, Sblargh or someone has led the first run, and I usually shoehorn myself into leading the second group. We don't really need anyone leading them anymore, but it helps to explain fight mechanics to new players and narrow down group selections.

The weekend runs have been less consistent, but they seem to be happening at a time significantly earlier in the day to accomodate some of our European players. We also will put together impromptu raid teams late on Friday/Saturday night for alts.

Most of the more regular SG members have multiple raid geared characters, so there isn't a ton of structure to who raids and when they show up. It's usually a case of seeing who is online that wants to melt some bosses. I'm practically casual compared to dudes like Kepow with my 600+ hours played, and I have four different heroes fully geared for raids. That's not uncommon, so it's just about setting aside a couple of hours, seeing who you want to play, and getting to it.

------

Let's keep the Lady Mandarin hype train rolling!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I got Psylocke last night from a random box (Continuing my stretch of only getting X-Men in this game, as long as you stretch it and say Spiderman has appeared in enough X-series to count) and played her just a bit, thought "Oh wow, this secondary resource is really cool, sets her playstyle apart from everybody else I've used so far"

Then I read about her QOL changes. Meh. I'd rather the fun interesting playstyle than the strength increase that will presumably come from the changes.

I got Psylocke last night from a random box (Continuing my stretch of only getting X-Men in this game, as long as you stretch it and say Spiderman has appeared in enough X-series to count) and played her just a bit, thought "Oh wow, this secondary resource is really cool, sets her playstyle apart from everybody else I've used so far"

Then I read about her QOL changes. Meh. I'd rather the fun interesting playstyle than the strength increase that will presumably come from the changes.

SInce she's my best geared character and the closest thing I have to a "main" in game, I'll chime in and say I can't wait for the changes. The psionic barrier alone should make her more suitable for cosmic terminals and likely red raids going forward. As it stands, she is a melee character that requires a decent amount of defensive gearing options and liberal use of her projections to keep her alive in tough content. That should no longer be the case and allow for more offensive gearing, which I appreciate.

I do like juggling the secondary resource, but I'm fine with this change. Less cycling between mental versus physical abilities will definitely change the play style, but the changes to stealth and assassinate sound incredible.

Wow, never seen that.

I've had a few 10 packs, but never a 20 before.

My best haul so far was 100 Odin marks last night. I was super happy.

I asked about raiding a while ago and got no answers.

Didn't even know you guys did them anymore.

Yep, though it's nothing super formal. Basically, show up Wednesday night ready to roll. Anyone is allowed to start a raid at any time or PUG away, but that's the closest thing we have to an arranged date.

Rhaknar

so whats the word on how to get the armor tech event thingies? drops, tied to dailies, what?

so whats the word on how to get the armor tech event thingies? drops, tied to dailies, what?

Guaranteed drops from bosses and end chests in X-Def and H-Sim (varying amounts based on zone and completion times). The exact numbers won't be up until tonight's TC build.

Volimar

I wish the event had started already. I'm so done with MM. Got Reed Richards to 60 with some good uniques out of it though.

Good evening,

I hope everyone is well.

Here's the schedule for the next two weeks:

Tomorrow (Friday, October 10th) - ARMOR Incursion Event begins for approproximately one week. Several other bug fixes are also in the patch.

Monday, October 13th - Midtown Madness Monday also occurs. If all goes well, this will happen every Monday and will even extend to the Industry City Patrol when it launches in a few weeks.

Monday, October 13th (probably earlier) - The very big patch with Nova, Cyclops 52, Psylocke QOL, Ghost Rider QOL, Surfer QOL and Star-Lord QOL will open for public testing.

Friday, October 17th (possibly Thursday) - The big patch will launch, along with Cosmic Chaos!

Friday, October 24th - Halloween two-week event will begin (no currency attached, just various flavorful drops).

Likely that weekend - Juggernaut open for public testing.
Doomsaw previewing the upcoming schedule.

Rhaknar

cosmic event after armor tech, shit i need more power cosmics, but I want to take a break from marvel to play all the new games on the new rig >_<

Top Bottom