• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

inky

Oh great, I looted like 400 worldstones today while farming with Iron Man and Surfer actually has an achievement related to collecting them. The worst part is it didn't occur to me even though I've been saving my daily chests and opening them with Thor for the Odin Marks cheevo.

Meh.

arkteck

Neo Member
Don't worry too much, that achievement is actually bugged. None of the worldstones collected by Silver Surfer count right now. You would've been even more frustrated.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh I broke 1400 hours recently, guess it was all that Avengers prestiging

1422 acording to steam, and since I barely idle it...welp

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is there a site that tells you where to go to farm for certain items etc?

Should I use my uruforged at lvl 25 with seers brilliance?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing before 60 matters and good artifacts only drop at higher levels. The only low-level uru worth using imo is Brigand's fortune.

Dec

Anyone else get spirit problems with Capt whilst leveling him? I'm constantly running out

A lot of heroes have spirit problems while leveling. You can probably solve them by slotting gibborum relics and a River of the Soul at 25 if you really want.

Other stuff that I use while leveling a lot:

Clea team up passives
Loki, Iceman, Storm synergy

Lashley

A lot of heroes have spirit problems while leveling. You can probably solve them by slotting gibborum relics and a River of the Soul at 25 if you really want.

Other stuff that I use while leveling a lot:

Clea team up passives
Loki, Iceman, Storm synergy

Thanks will check them out

Dec

For those with high omegas you can spec into energy/strength while leveling for the damage and cost reduction. Especially useful for Thing I found.

I'm using that exact build and it's great, but you need to realize that he's adding +10 to strength via omega nodes alone. The resulting +17 strength make spirit almost a non issue. Even if you start running low, you hit his signature and regain full spirit.

I only have enough omega points to hit +12 strength, and I barely manage my spirit within the signature cooldown. And that's using power word Doop in my uru.

I highly suggest you get River of Souls for now. It's cheap to make and will help you a ton until you get more gear and omega points. Or just keep your basic handy.

Lashley

I'm using that exact build and it's great, but you need to realize that he's adding +10 to strength via omega nodes alone. The resulting +17 strength make spirit almost a non issue. Even if you start running low, you hit his signature and regain full spirit.

I only have enough omega points to hit +12 strength, and I barely manage my spirit within the signature cooldown. And that's using power word Doop in my uru.

I highly suggest you get River of Souls for now. It's cheap to make and will help you a ton until you get more gear and omega points. Or just keep your basic handy.

Ah, makes sense. Should I dump some omega points into Str? Haven't used any yet.

Also, does serum get used up by itself or do I need to do something?

Lashley

Thanks Arr for giving me those runes, really helped :)

Levelled capt to 36 in a day (so far. Good for me heh)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
oh man dat bug

AN3UjvY.jpg

these are all active and do damage. good luck if u get an instance like this and trying to kill things. they dont dissapear either

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
ONE OF US

ONE OF US

I just looked at my time played the last 2 weeks and it genuinely startled me. I keep thinking I could be playing so many other games or doing literally anything else but I just keep coming back to this game.

Lashley

ICP or MM

I love Midtown, but I personally prefer ICP, enjoy the events and people seem to help more with bosses. Also love the boxes you get.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The wait for Dr Doom is literally killing me. Haven't been this hyped for a new character in a long-ass time. This year's been disappointing so far in terms of new heroes, though the reworks have been almost all fantastic. I hope Doom is awesome and fun.

Azzurri

Ok, so how MMOrpg is the game? It seems to be single player story missions that you repeat? It doesn't seem like a traditional mmo like WoW or FFXIV.

Lashley

Ok, so how MMOrpg is the game? It seems to be single player story missions that you repeat? It doesn't seem like a traditional mmo like WoW or FFXIV.

Because it isn't

think of it more like diablo, very addicting and very easy to get into

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

It's like diablo except they are trying to make it more and more like wow each patch

They are chasing the wrong blizzard game unfortunately

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm at level 43 with my Cyclops, but man the leveling process feels sooo slow and repetitive. I've been doing the legendary quests.

Rhaknar

The focus is going away from single player driven content like diablo to wow (or mmo) style raids

You now don't gear for yourself, you gear for raids, you gear for TTKs ("time to kill") to do raids

Unless that screenshot was taken by a Gaffer in game, I'm convinced it's Photoshop. A lot of those were going around when the review happened.

There was a bug where vans wouldn't clear, but they didn't do anything but stay parked. That bug was patched.

Drayco21

The focus is going away from single player driven content like diablo to wow (or mmo) style raids

You now don't gear for yourself, you gear for raids, you gear for TTKs ("time to kill") to do raids

We'll get that Secret Invasion story chapter one day.

R-right guys?

ICP or MM

I love Midtown, but I personally prefer ICP, enjoy the events and people seem to help more with bosses. Also love the boxes you get.

ICP is so ugly and dreary that I spend all my time in Midtown. Midtown is great.
I wish Gaz would make a new open area based on the jungle/Savage Land setting from this game. Its the prettiest environment.

J-Tier

I've been mulling over what they could possibly have in next year's advance pack without having to dive into C and D-list heroes.

I haven't followed Marvel Comics since Original Sin (been more into DC comics lately) though I have been reading Secret Wars.

So based on what I know, sitting down and thinking about it, it was easier than I thought:

Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
Kamala Khan
Havok
Black Bolt
Medusa
Wasp
Gamora
Drax the Destroyer
Angela
Falcon
Namor
Adam Warlock

Though, for those of you following the books, what do you guys expect to be in?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brevik wants MODOK playable, and I wouldn't be surprised if he got his way soon. Though I imagine they don't want two 'silly' characters releasing close to each other(with Howard The Duck supposedly in the works) Quicksilver will likely be playable by then as well though I think they said the main thing was figuring out a good resource for him since you can't really slow down time.

Carnage, Crossbones(?), Daken, Green Goblin, Morph?, Dazzler, Black Cat, Kitty Pryde, Phyla-Vell, idk

Rhaknar

I've been mulling over what they could possibly have in next year's advance pack without having to dive into C and D-list heroes.

I haven't followed Marvel Comics since Original Sin (been more into DC comics lately) though I have been reading Secret Wars.

So based on what I know, sitting down and thinking about it, it was easier than I thought:

Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
Kamala Khan
Havok
Black Bolt
Medusa
Wasp
Gamora
Drax the Destroyer
Angela
Falcon
Namor
Adam Warlock

Namor is stuck in licensing hell, and Warlock hasn't done anything in ages nor is in any movie anytime soon probably, but besides those two and judging by team up models and what not that sounds about right. Maybe add Angel in there, unless they don't want 2 winged heroes in the same pack.

Carnage, Crossbones(?), Daken, Green Goblin, Morph?, Dazzler, Black Cat, Kitty Pryde, Phyla-Vell, idk

Black Cat and Kitty are in this year's advance pack (kitty is coming out soonish in fact) and they have said many times Carnage won't be a playable character (of course plans can change)

J-Tier

Namor is stuck in licensing hell, and Warlock hasn't done anything in ages nor is in any movie anytime soon probably, but besides those two and judging by team up models and what not that sounds about right. Maybe add Angel in there, unless they don't want 2 winged heroes in the same pack.
I see. It's a shame with Namor formerly being a member of the Illuminati as well as heading the current Cabal, he'd be a key character to try to sneak in.

As for Warlock, I figured he'd probably show up in GOTG2 or something.

Has Black Knight been up to anything lately? It'd be cool to have a character with a flying steed in MH.

Drayco21

Expecting:

Black Bolt
Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Wasp (If not this pack)
Archangel
MODOK
Gamora
Magick
Nick Fury Jr.
Havok
Spider-Woman
Mystique for whatever fucking reason
Electro for whatever fucking reason

With bonus Howard the Duck for April Fool's since we almost got him this pack, and 200 ES Miles Morales released at some point during the year ala X-23.

I doubt we'll see Falcon; they talk a lot about using Archangel instead and having two Falcon team-ups would either make him hard to justify as more than a 200es hero and implies to me that they're not putting much serious consideration into him as a standalone hero. I feel like they'd want to hold off one of the major Inhuman characters until the actual Inhumans movie; I feel like Kamala would benefit from the extra time to establish herself, but Gaz always makes shitty decisions, so I'd guess Medusa would be the one we don't get.

My Unreasonable Dream Pack though:

Scarlet Spider (Kaine Parker)
Dr. Nemesis
Captain Marvel / Quasar (Phyla-Vell)
Agent Venom
Nico Minoru
Machine Man
Adam Warlock
Black Knight
Araña
Gamora
Hercules
Ronan the Accuser

With 200ES Miguel O'Hara and Beta Ray Bill released over the course of the year.

Rhaknar

I want to hug you Drayco. Just hug you and whisper "shhhhh...shhhhh...it's alright, everything will be alright, you poor sweet innocent deluded child"

Top Bottom