• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Drayco21

Ronan has been "good" at some point?

During the entire DnA era of Cosmic from Annihilation onwards and he was one of the Earth's allies during Infinity and the Hickman stuff that followed alongside Gladiator and Super Skrull. He was also an Annihilator alongside Silver Sufer, Beta Ray Bill and Quasar.

If it wasn't for the movie, it'd be the most prominent characterization for him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Modern Ronan is mostly known as a good guy, GotG movie notwithstanding

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well damn, put him in!

He's just a guy with a hammer, just make him a Thor skin

(Drayco right now)

tumblr_ndenbfDhVb1qj4315o1_500.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Are there any bonuses for playing in heroic/superheroic difficulty?

Well all of the story-specific quest rewards (the 4 skill points, retcon, other odds and ends) can be done on each difficulty. So every character has a total of 12 skill points to get from story mode quests, 4 from each of the 3 difficulties.

Also as someone who doesn't read comics, when has MODOK done good guy stuff that would warrant him being playable?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
question: outside of the 400 ES you get after a few days of playing, are there any other "free" hero boxes in-game?

Well all of the story-specific quest rewards (the 4 skill points, retcon, other odds and ends) can be done on each difficulty. So every character has a total of 12 skill points to get from story mode quests, 4 from each of the 3 difficulties.

Also as someone who doesn't read comics, when has MODOK done good guy stuff that would warrant him being playable?

people don't read comics? weird. 50% of my enjoyment from this game comes from being a beloved character and punching AIM goons in the nose.

anyway, Ales Kot's Secret Avengers run with MODOK is excellent, hilarious, completely self-contained and only 15 issues long (2 or 3 trades)

Reknoc

Been playing this off an on, even though my Marvel knowledge consists only of spotty memories of old ass cartoons (yet perfect memory of their theme songs), the movies, and other games, I've still been enjoying it a lot. I guess you don't really need too much knowledge on the source material to enjoy a game where you can beat up dinosaurs and rocket dinosaur hybrids.

People in the game sure love the Insane Clown Posse though, I wasn't aware that was such a huge crossover in fandoms.

question: outside of the 400 ES you get after a few days of playing, are there any other "free" hero boxes in-game?

Not in-game however do give random hero boxes away plus there are often website giveaways.

If you keep an eye on this thread or the main forums you'll be able to grab one.

jon bones

Not in-game however do give random hero boxes away plus there are often website giveaways.

If you keep an eye on this thread or the main forums you'll be able to grab one.

Thanks, when I played a bit last year I remember grabbing a handful of random heroes during the 1 Year Anniversary promo.

Gotta hunt for my Hawkguy,

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
People in the game sure love the Insane Clown Posse though, I wasn't aware that was such a huge crossover in fandoms.

Well ICP fans don't know how magnets work, so they turn to Magneto for help.

Thanks, when I played a bit last year I remember grabbing a handful of random heroes during the 1 Year Anniversary promo.

Gotta hunt for my Hawkguy,

Actually thinking about it you do get a random hero box for your 300 day login reward. I'm assuming that won't be much help to you though as it's probably some way off. Also by then you'll probably have most of the heroes so it will end up as a dupe like mine was last week.

Also the anniversary is coming up again. Wouldn't be surprised if they give another one way this time as well.

Anoregon

Actually thinking about it you do get a random hero box for your 300 day login reward. I'm assuming that won't be much help to you though as it's probably some way off. Also by then you'll probably have most of the heroes so it will end up as a dupe like mine was last week.

Also the anniversary is coming up again. Wouldn't be surprised if they give another one way this time as well.

First anniversary last year was awesome. No idea if they plan to repeat any of that, but the whole "365 gifts" thing was great. They also hyped it up to shit and it coincided with the 2015 relaunch, and there hasn't been much hyping or anything this go around so we'll see.

First anniversary last year was awesome. No idea if they plan to repeat any of that, but the whole "365 gifts" thing was great. They also hyped it up to shit and it coincided with the 2015 relaunch, and there hasn't been much hyping or anything this go around so we'll see.

True I've heard little about also, however they have said that they will rebrand the game as Marvel Heroes 2016 at the anniversary so I could certainly see them doing a similar thing so that any new players like the game just a bit more.

I could live without 365 gifts if they would just give me 400 splinters rather than a random hero box. But I guess that's unlikely as it means Gaz will loose out more.

Anoregon

True I've heard little about also, however they have said that they will rebrand the game as Marvel Heroes 2016 at the anniversary so I could certainly see them doing a similar thing so that any new players like the game just a bit more.

I could live without 365 gifts if they would just give me 400 splinters rather than a random hero box. But I guess that's unlikely as it means Gaz will loose out more.

A good chunk of the 365 gifts last year was splinters. I forget how many though, 50 maybe? Certainly not enough for a hero on it's own.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
A good chunk of the 365 gifts last year was splinters. I forget how many though, 50 maybe? Certainly not enough for a hero on it's own.

for a good chunk of the year every 10 days is 10 splinters.. I don't know the exactness of it... but it's pretty consistent at like 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, etc.

So does Taskmaster's guide only drop from TM himself? Or do I bother getting the bounty chest also? I mean it's only 125 enemies... but if it only drops from him that's like a 1-2 minute farm.

Spent the Omega Event getting 7 more guys to 60... should set a nice bar for the next one. What should I be going for for the cosmic event? I only have one character (Wanda) who can seem to farm most cosmic terminals... though she got wtf lit up in cosmic MM.

sup, my Steam notifications kept showing you playing this which reminded me I had it lol

I played it a lot the past week cause Omega Event XP bonus had me going so I could quickly get some characters up to max. :D
Glad (?) I was able to get you back into it. The game's only improving as it goes on.

Anoregon

So does Taskmaster's guide only drop from TM himself? Or do I bother getting the bounty chest also? I mean it's only 125 enemies... but if it only drops from him that's like a 1-2 minute farm.

Bounty chests in cosmic terminals can drop the boss-specific items, I believe this is a fairly recent change.

borghe

No it's completely free to play. You can buy hero advance packs for the 12-14 heroes they release each year for around $130. That's kinda like a sub?

basically, yeah... if you "want" to sub... it's basically the advance pack.. the mini-advance packs are likewise comparable to the 3-month subs of most games ($40 for 3 characters)

even better than a sub, you get to KEEP everything when you stop paying. The downside is that the advance pack (the yearly big one) is only available for a couple months toward the end of the year.

Bounty chests in cosmic terminals can drop the boss-specific items, I believe this is a fairly recent change.

grrrr

Azzurri

No it's completely free to play. You can buy hero advance packs for the 12-14 heroes they release each year for around $130. That's kinda like a sub?

Ahh, that's kinda crazy usually there is always a sub option.

So you're talking about the Mega Pack that's 199?

Anoregon

Not really the mega pack. Every year they do a specific "Advance Pack", which lets you pre-order every hero that is going to be released that year. There is not currently one for sale, as they are only available near the beginning/end of the year.

Reknoc

Well as far as I'm aware F2P games that have sub options usually limit access to stuff whereas marvel is stuff like heroes, costumes and boosts. Consumables basically.

Azzurri

Another newb question.

I see that there is more than 1 skill hotbar, but can you have more than 1 shown? If not how the hell do you rotate through 1 and 2 with it out clicking the arrow, is it hotkeyed?

jon bones

Another newb question.

I see that there is more than 1 skill hotbar, but can you have more than 1 shown? If not how the hell do you rotate through 1 and 2 with it out clicking the arrow, is it hotkeyed?

the numbers 1 and 2 on yer keyboard should do it

welcome aboard, btw. i'm also fairly newbish but i'm having a blast playing it

Another newb question.

You can press "1" or "2" to switch between the respective bars.

borghe

Are groups in MM pointless? Got invited to 1 and joined but everyones split up on the map ahaa

they count for the shared quests, which is probably the biggest part. not sure about boss kills or chest drops for midtown mondays.

Top Bottom