• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
The mh compendium is insane. I figured out the dps sheet. I saw a build on marvel take +10% brutal damage over +2 ranged for scarlet witch pet and according to the comp that's a dps loss (which I thought).

Pretty scared how much I may end up theory crafting this.

The mh compendium is insane. I figured out the dps sheet. I saw a build on marvel take +10% brutal damage over +2 ranged for scarlet witch pet and according to the comp that's a dps loss (which I thought).

Pretty scared how much I may end up theory crafting this.

Those two affixes are in different tiers (one purple, one cosmic).

Sblargh

Banned
I've seen it recommended for quite a few heroes on marvelheroes.info and use it on a few myself, can't remember who otoh. But yeah it's one of the best anyhero uniques that's relatively easy to come by (I have like 4 or 5)

Also whoever said Daredevil by Bendis/Maleev is good (everyone), fuckin' A. That issue where he beats the crap out of Bullseye, oh my gooood that was awesome. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/41539/1680937-daredevil_v2_049_1819a.jpg Still going through it, it's been taking up all my comic reading time.

What is great about this scene is how it fits the character. Matt isnt Batman, he is all feels and sometimes it all comes busting out. This isnt theatrics or mind games. That is an angry devil.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Test Center - hoping for this weekend, otherwise, next week depending how testing of his Technology and Sorcery resources UI element goes (including the ability to disable one if desired) - some advanced new tech for Doom... plus there's the Specializations. I should just wait until you can see it.

Doom sounding fancy. 600 splinter fancy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
^This. Time to live up to your tag.

My tag comes from the days when I had spending money. A recent death in the family and semi-problems at work this year reduced that spending money to living money.

Went all real on your ass didn't I? Well you asked for it Frost

Went all real on your ass didn't I? Well you asked for it Frost

image.php

J-Tier

Took me a while to re-register what the title of this thread meant after reading through the last few posts of this thread:

"Doom 2015 Gameplay Teaser with no Gameplay AKA Announcement of Announcement #48329"

Took me a while to re-register what the title of this thread meant after reading through the last few posts of this thread:

"Doom 2015 Gameplay Teaser with no Gameplay AKA Announcement of Announcement #48329"

And the inevitable "delayed until next week" coming soon.

Dec

eh, I'm not sure with the way the game is setup. I mean it's too easy to get the hero uniques.. you could argue that you still need to get good rolls, but bis should have to be worked for. a long term goal.

I think the only "best of both worlds" option is to have some hero uniques be bis, and others be 2nd place to rare any hero uniques.. like it is I guess... :p

I mean the slot 1 or whatever hero unique should still be viable for end game.. but I don't think it's wrong for a rare item to be better... as good as iron man's blasters are, infinity gauntlet is still better ;)

I agree with you overall but getting BiS hero specific uniques isn't at all easy.

I'm missing 1 skill rank on Thor's uniques and I've played him for 400 hours alone.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
What is great about this scene is how it fits the character. Matt isnt Batman, he is all feels and sometimes it all comes busting out. This isnt theatrics or mind games. That is an angry devil.

Yup. I once heard it said that you can tell a bad Batman story by how much Batman acts like Daredevil in it and now I see what they meant. Batman is supposed to be world's greatest detective, Daredevil is supposed to threaten to throw you off a damn roof if you don't tell him what he wants to know, and it's staggering how many stories get Batman wrong.

Gaz has revealed that Doctor Doom actually heals enemies in game, living up to his billing as the ultimate super villain. His TTK is therefore infinite. In-game enemy NPCs ignore him completely, but entering any hub will result in every hero instantly attacking him. You level him via a combination of PVP and turning hubs into graveyards. He remains flashy as fuck.

KzldBMq.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm cautious of getting my hopes up, but with any luck we'll have another nice, flashy, top-tier character to play with.

Yeah, I hope so. I'm planning on grabbing his pre-order pack pretty much regardless of anything, unless he is literally the worst thing ever on test center.

I am looking forward to seeing if they make footdive a thing. There are comic purists who think it's dumb and hate it, but there definitely seems to be more people who love it and how silly it is. Should probably be his ult imo.

Lanrutcon

Doom pretty much sucks, but when you reach 1% HP a storm of hidden missiles erupts, allowing you to pull off a sick combo to win the fighting tournament.

And his ultimate is a dramatic 4 minute monologue.

Anoregon

Oh dear.

Anyway, would some cool costumes for Doom be? All we have confirmed at this point is classic green and default white. There's a cool future one from like 2099 or whatever right?

I got Gambit in a random hero box a couple days ago and played him for a bit. He seems mega boring. Any opinions? He's nothing compared to my mighty Cyclops and his level 50 Ricochet Blast!!!!!!

Anoregon

I haven't played gambit in a while, but I did find him pretty fun.

Dec

ok... super confused... everyone swears by "everyone takes +fighting. higher DPS gain"

but using the DPS formula sheet on MHC, this looks wrong.

starting with a base DPS for a skill of 32.450K and assuming a starting crit of 48.6% and brutal of 14.2%

now assuming energy and/or mental damage
every added point in energy adds 1298DPS

every added point in fighting adds 1164DPS

???

Obviously strength plays out the exact same way. Speed is slightly worse than fighting (and only applies to movement, but gives you dodge for potential mitigation). Intelligence when applied to summoners beats all of the above.. provided the majority of your DPS is coming from summons.

obviously people know that last paragraph.. but what I'm confused on is why fighting over energy/strength? The MHC math doesn't seem to add up unless your damage is varied across physical and mental/energy.

Fighting also gives brutal strike and brutal damage rating. It is generally only recommended to go str/energy for heroes with spirit problems like Storm.

my numbers included the brutal chance/damage in the fighting calculation. It still comes out behind.

1 point in fighting gives you 3% base damage, 60 brutal rating, 180 brutal damage rating
1 point in strength/(energy) gives you 4% physical/(mental/energy) damage

the extra 1% base damage outweighs (according to MHC) the 60 brutal chance and 180 brutal damage by roughly 130DPS in my simulation.

Change the sheet to have 55% crit and 50% brut and then see what the DPS gain is for energy/strength vs. fighting.

Well, with Iron Man's new uniques finally solidified, I decided to hop back on him and wreck some fools. LOL that didn't happen. Took all of about 10 seconds into the first CMM boss wave to go splat, and after that I was dying super quick to random attacks (that I couldn't even see). It's amazing/depressing just how much worse he is than Iceman and SW, despite him being fully geared out.

I have a feeling there's something weird going on with his defense shield. A character with 25% damage reduction, 12k defense, 500 HP regen per second, and 400+ life on hit shouldn't be dying in a couple seconds.

Anoregon

When Doom hits, will he be a % chance get with Random Hero buys?

Every new hero is possible from 175 splinter random hero boxes as soon as they are live. The Box has to have been created AFTER he goes live though. If you like currently have a few random hero boxes in your stash that you haven't opened yet, they will not be able to be Doom.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Well, with Iron Man's new uniques finally solidified, I decided to hop back on him and wreck some fools. LOL that didn't happen. Took all of about 10 seconds into the first CMM boss wave to go splat, and after that I was dying super quick to random attacks (that I couldn't even see). It's amazing/depressing just how much worse he is than Iceman and SW, despite him being fully geared out.

I have a feeling there's something weird going on with his defense shield. A character with 25% damage reduction, 12k defense, 500 HP regen per second, and 400+ life on hit shouldn't be dying in a couple seconds.

My IM doesn't feel squishy at all, certainly not to that extent. Fragment of Twilight helps a lot obviously, but yeah, that's not consistent with my personal experience. Of course it's very easy to die in CMM regardless of who you're playing.

My IM doesn't feel squishy at all, certainly not to that extent. Fragment of Twilight helps a lot obviously, but yeah, that's not consistent with my personal experience. Of course it's very easy to die in CMM regardless of who you're playing.

I don't have a FoT, but that would only account for 300 LoH and about 2k health. That's not enough to make me survive what I'm dying to. Out of curiosity, are you using an Invuln core? If so, do you find yourself having to pop it on cd?

Tendo

Trying to level Doctor Strange but can't get a good rotation/spirit management going. I have a dual bar setup and following the build on MH but I just can't get a good rotation going.

I think I'm just too dumb.

Durden77

So if I have a skill that gives me a passive, like Magneto's Indomitable, but the power bar I'm using doesn't have it slotted but it's slotted in another power bar, do I still get the passive? And also, what is crowd control? The active for that skill doesn't seem very useful...

Top Bottom