• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
was about to post that frost but ofcourse it came from you in first place :D

basically expect red axis once spiderman and taskmaster get their qol no doubt

also you missed this part

I just talked with @Amthua and we'll be adding some Champion's Commendations to non-raid content early so people can start to accumulate some progress towards the recipes/items even before Red-difficulty AXIS launches.

champion ones are used to craft axis uniques etc

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Silly GLF daily and weekly quests for like a month then buy for 1k Odins.

:(

Is it needed for raids? Worth it?

EDIT: Can I make it load mobs quicker in ICP and MM? Takes like 5 mins. Have to randomly hit AOE spells and hope for he best. Wasting my boosts.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I got one for IM, just because I want to have at least 1 character who's as geared as they can be (within reason, not like perfect roll on everything necessarily). I don't think you *need* it for any raid currently, but it can't hurt, you know?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
ALERT: There is another 15% Bonus G sale going, so if you are low/empty you might want to stock up for inevitable 2nd anniversary sales in a couple of weeks.

ALERT: There is another 15% Bonus G sale going, so if you are low/empty you might want to stock up for inevitable 2nd anniversary sales in a couple of weeks.

I think I'm going to get a bigger pack of Gs this time. Just smarter for the long run.

So I do the rep thingy for gfh or whatever for a month then I can buy it for 1k odin marks?

Yes. It's the third rank you reach with them that unlocks it.

I think I'm going to get a bigger pack of Gs this time. Just smarter for the long run.

I had thought about this too, but with Advance Packs + Team Up packs already bought, the only thing I really bite at now are the occasional old costumes for a hero I go back to, or a Pet or something.

was about to post that frost but ofcourse it came from you in first place :D

basically expect red axis once spiderman and taskmaster get their qol no doubt

also you missed this part

champion ones are used to craft axis uniques etc
I need that Tasky QOL like, yesterday. He was the first character I fully geared out, only to find his damage was incredibly lacking. I miss playing him, my fave character (comics wise) by far.

Tasky...my fave character (comics wise) by far.

Lr4lMwR.png

I'm onto you, Kepow alt.

Sblargh

Banned
I started my great campaign to prestige everyone to green so I can grab their costumes.

1st one of the day: Anti-Venom. (tho I don't have Venom lol)

I started my great campaign to prestige everyone to green so I can grab their costumes.

1st one of the day: Anti-Venom. (tho I don't have Venom lol)

Damn, nice roll straight out of the gates.

I love all of Venom's costumes. Switch between them basically every time I play him haha

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im still kinder pissed off how winter soldier was gutted in his pre release tc for stance dancing/weaving

then iceman comes out and is built around weaving

vision comes out and is built around stance dancing

and dr doom will probs be both

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just started Journey into Mystery and it's already excellent - any word of a Kid Loki costume showing up?

Hrmm... may need to pick some up in case the Hawkguy variant pops up in the store.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
im still kinder pissed off how winter soldier was gutted in his pre release tc for stance dancing/weaving

Vision has stance dancing?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I do hate how Winter Soldier has to use a ranged power every 8 seconds for no good particular goddamn design reason, just because. Withering Fire is a shit ability too.

Anoregon

I do hate how Winter Soldier has to use a ranged power every 8 seconds for no good particular goddamn design reason, just because. Withering Fire is a shit ability too.

Yeah, it is pretty lame. The knife works really well in ranged builds so it's a non-issue, but for melee builds there is no ranged-tagged ability that really meshes well. IMO they should have made the DoT on grenade launcher baseline, that would have made it a worthwhile ranged investment for Bionic builds and you have a reason to fire it every 8 seconds to reapply the dot.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I disagree; I really like how it's a "pseudo-channel" and seeing so many numbers. The little breaks synergize well with repositioning, which Bucky is required to do often. Then again I don't play for TTK.

uninstall noob, go play pokemon

...or something? thats how it works right?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
ngl I got a little anxious when suddenly people were talking about spreadsheets in here.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
doom is on tc nextweek and dr dooms patch will contain team up 2.0 and thing

Dec

vision has separate cooldowns on each stance and becomes invulnerable while switching stances. So ya I would say he stance dances at least in the way that I played him.

Iceman also does have multiple weaving builds that have not been removed. Doesn't line up exactly with "built around" but that was just an exaggerated sentence to make the point I guess.

It's odd that this is the only ARPG where minmaxing is regularly mocked. Guess it has to do with people playing primarily for the Marvel aspect.

Anoregon

Oh, hah. Weird. I totally didn't even think of phase shifting as stance dancing but I guess that makes sense.

Wallach

vision has separate cooldowns on each stance and becomes invulnerable while switching stances. So ya I would say he stance dances at least in the way that I played him.

Iceman also does have multiple weaving builds that have not been removed. Doesn't line up exactly with "built around" but that was just an exaggerated sentence to make the point I guess.

It's odd that this is the only ARPG where minmaxing is regularly mocked. Guess it has to do with people playing primarily for the Marvel aspect.

Stance dancing requires stances to be off cooldown (edit - or have a multiple exclusionary set of connected stances, at least). If they are on cooldown you aren't "dancing", the stance is enforcing the gameplay cadence to begin with that you can't bend to gain benefit beyond. Vision used to have an element of stance dancing in Holographic Manipulation, but it was removed.

My point about Iceman is that is definitely not something he's intentionally designed around. It's just an artifact of channeled power behavior. I wouldn't be surprised to see that get fixed eventually for everyone.

Dec

Stance dancing requires stances to be off cooldown. If they are on cooldown you aren't "dancing", the stance is enforcing the gameplay cadence to begin with that you can't bend to gain benefit beyond. Vision used to have an element of stance dancing in Holographic Manipulation, but it was removed.

My point about Iceman is that is definitely not something he's intentionally designed around. It's just an artifact of channeled power behavior. I wouldn't be surprised to see that get fixed eventually for everyone.

Sounds like a worthless semantics conversation to me.

Indignate

We haven't seen or hear anything about these (unless I missed it) and they're on TC very soon?

Isn't that a bit worrying that they're not talking about them, trying to hide them maybe...

They had some bigger blog post about them when they first were talking about it.

It's been quiet ever since, but I figure much of their design philosophy about them hasn't changed.

Also, no one really cares about team ups.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
my point with iceman its clearly about weaving with the whole chill thing and that skill at does the 5 chill stacks right away then the skill that does 100% more dmg to chill mobs etc.

Wallach

Sounds like a worthless semantics conversation to me.

It's not. Hitting a button every 10 seconds isn't "dancing" when the negative impact of stance dancing is supposed to be excessively demanding gameplay requirements for max effect. Reducing the definition of "stance dancing" to "it's a stance" makes it a worthless term.

Dec

It's not. Hitting a button every 10 seconds isn't "dancing" when the negative impact of stance dancing is supposed to be excessively demanding gameplay requirements for max effect. Reducing the definition of "stance dancing" to "it's a stance" makes it a worthless term.

If I could stay in one stance and do equal damage on vision I would have had a lot more fun. Fuck weaving too. You need to switch back and forth and that's tedious, no matter how often you need to do it.

Seems more like you are pushing your own opinions of the term as a definition.

They had some bigger blog post about them when they first were talking about it.

It's been quiet ever since, but I figure much of their design philosophy about them hasn't changed.

Also, no one really cares about team ups.

I don't really care about TUs, I was thinking more about Doom, usually we've been shown the model or some in-game pics. Did I just completely miss those?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I don't consider Vision stance dancing either, gonna agree with Wallach on this. It's an ability on an 8 second cooldown you use as a normal part of the rotation. Magneto has stance dancing because it requires you to manually track buffs and use proper rotation and there's no cooldown on stances. Jean Grey mental/energy build is a similar example. It's kind of semantics, yes, but the point, to me, is that in Vision's case the "stance-dancing" is an integral tool of the character's normal rotation that works into his rotation in a very organic way, whereas with Jean or Magneto it's very much optional and only required if you really want to get the most out of them. You can play either hero (well, mostly Mags) without stance dancing and still be super effective. Vision, not so much (though some might argue you can't really play Vision effectively regardless).

The definition of the term is semantics, yes, but I do see it as a different style of play and design.

Dec

I don't agree. You switch stances on Magneto exactly as often as you do on vision, even if it translates differently into gameplay you are doing the exact mechanic. Either way worthless semantics argument.

I realize the difference you both are citing but both can be described as "stance dancing". Arguing that it isn't an appropriate way to describe how vision plays is just worthless.

Anoregon

I just got the 6325 G pack. I had $25 in my paypal account that I forgot was there, so I decided to go big(ish)

I don't really care about TUs, I was thinking more about Doom, usually we've been shown the model or some in-game pics. Did I just completely miss those?

Doom's ingame model is already ingame. There's nothing new to show. His spells are, like most characters, held off for approval reasons. Not sure why they're hush hush on Thing though.

Mupod

Recently came back after a long break, haven't paid much attention to forums lately...I vaguely remember reading that Eternity Splinter boosts ate a nerf a while ago? Are they crap now? I made a ton of splinters when I was last playing thanks to those, although minmaxing with them was kind of tedious.

I don't think I've ever actually played during an Odin event before. They always seem to drop when I'm busy or not actively playing. I saved a single potion for this one, although most of the ones I burned through before ended up being worthless because of that over-nerfing they received. At least a bunch of mine got refunded at some point because of that nonsense.

Recently came back after a long break, haven't paid much attention to forums lately...I vaguely remember reading that Eternity Splinter boosts ate a nerf a while ago? Are they crap now? I made a ton of splinters when I was last playing thanks to those, although minmaxing with them was kind of tedious.

I don't think I've ever actually played during an Odin event before. They always seem to drop when I'm busy or not actively playing. I saved a single potion for this one, although most of the ones I burned through before ended up being worthless because of that over-nerfing they received. At least a bunch of mine got refunded at some point because of that nonsense.

No boosts have been changed. The ES one still provides a bunch of extras.

Spoit

They're still as good a multiplier as ever, when I run a bunch of SIF along with the ES boost from the winter boosts, it's not uncommon to get like 3-5.

The real nerf was the ES drop mechanism in general, rather than dropping like clockwork from the first couple mobs you fight after the timer was up, instead the drop time in a bit more fuzzy, making the "get a ES drop, wait for the cooldown in the hub" thing a lot less effective (though it still does work)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

no, its as mocked as any other game where mid maxers mock the people that dont. like they do in this one. The rich hate the poor and vice versa, just like in real life :p

Lord Phol

God stance dancing is the worst mechanic ever imo. Vision is at least built around it but stuff like magneto changing stances everytime a certain skill goes off cd and whenever a dot has ticked for a certain amount of seconds just adds tedious management.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I actually use a Magneto stance dance build despite hating the idea of it, mostly because it all fits on one bar without hotkeys and the buff is displayed in the buff window in the lower right corner.

As for min-maxing, most of the game is just so casual that it doesn't feel like it's required, and this game has some of the most impenetrable stat systems of all time, too. Damage Rating is such an incredibly weird, fuzzy concept that I still don't fully understand. Compare that to, say, Diablo 3, which is just percentage-based and much easier to understand and requires min-maxing to get to high Torment levels and Grift levels, well, there you go.

Also hitting a stationary, placid dummy and timing it is stupid. edit: lol that was too harsh I don't wanna insult people or rustle jimmies, just my opinion

Top Bottom