• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Trying to level Doctor Strange but can't get a good rotation/spirit management going. I have a dual bar setup and following the build on MH but I just can't get a good rotation going.

I think I'm just too dumb.

You're using a Fangs build, right? I'd worry less about any kind of order and just make sure you're hitting the right stuff. Single hit powers should always be used off cd, but duration ones should be left alone until they need to be refreshed. Use Fangs inbetween all of that.

So if I have a skill that gives me a passive, like Magneto's Indomitable, but the power bar I'm using doesn't have it slotted but it's slotted in another power bar, do I still get the passive? And also, what is crowd control? The active for that skill doesn't seem very useful...

Passives give you the effect once you've specced into them. Are you talking about his toggles? Those will still give you their active effect even on another bar.

Tendo

You're using a Fangs build, right? I'd worry less about any kind of order and just make sure you're hitting the right stuff. Single hit powers should always be used off cd, but duration ones should be left alone until they need to be refreshed. Use Fangs inbetween all of that.

Should I worry about the enchant bar right now or just think of it as a "bonus" and focus on using fangs when buffed?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have a FoT, but that would only account for 300 LoH and about 2k health. That's not enough to make me survive what I'm dying to. Out of curiosity, are you using an Invuln core? If so, do you find yourself having to pop it on cd?

I use an invuln core on literally everyone (throw away every core without it) so yeah I use it when necessary. To be fair IM is probably my most well-geared hero but I don't find him exceptionally squishy or anything.

Well, with Iron Man's new uniques finally solidified, I decided to hop back on him and wreck some fools. LOL that didn't happen. Took all of about 10 seconds into the first CMM boss wave to go splat, and after that I was dying super quick to random attacks (that I couldn't even see). It's amazing/depressing just how much worse he is than Iceman and SW, despite him being fully geared out.

I have a feeling there's something weird going on with his defense shield. A character with 25% damage reduction, 12k defense, 500 HP regen per second, and 400+ life on hit shouldn't be dying in a couple seconds.

I haven't found him to be particularly strong either. However, I'm just not sure any more if it's because my mains are Hulk and Scarlet Witch and any comparisons feel skewed.

IM used to be my favourite in the early days, but a combination of not putting top-tier gear on him and that power creep, and he's not really one of my quick "go-to's" any more.

Should I worry about the enchant bar right now or just think of it as a "bonus" and focus on using fangs when buffed?

I'd at least make sure you keep up Seal of Vishanti. I suggest just sitting in the training room for a bit and practicing "piano-ing" your keys (hitting them all one after another in quick succession). Just hitting everything every 6-8 seconds will get you most of the results you want. Once hitting everything becomes second nature you can refine what you're doing to not needlessly overlap DoTs and get more out of Fangs itself.

I use an invuln core on literally everyone (throw away every core without it) so yeah I use it when necessary. To be fair IM is probably my most well-geared hero but I don't find him exceptionally squishy or anything.

I should have a full set of lvl 69 gear in a couple weeks. Hopefully that and an Invuln core will help out. Iceman has just spoiled me greatly.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Doom is not satisfied with a different resource bar...

...he demands...

TWO.

q3CffL6.png

neat.

Based on his earlier post, it's technology/sorcery

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That iceman costume is awful, especially since he was out of ice form in like 1 issue if that

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wonder if we they will shower us with daily gifts again this year for the anniversary lr if that was just a 1 time thing. We are like 9 days away from June now and not a peep about it

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Whys the game so laggy atm

That's a first. Joined Hydra Island terminal for a LQ, got put in a party with another dude. Managed to do it much quicker.

Lashley

Oh fuck off.

Just realized the chest of achievement stacks. Had an entire stash tab filled with them.

EDIT: Got Iron Man AGAIN from a random hero box. FFS I only have 13 heroes, this is the third time ive got the prick

Dec

x-23's new costume is for sure going to be all-new. Guess it goes to show how unpopular she is that iceman got his before her.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wonder if we they will shower us with daily gifts again this year for the anniversary lr if that was just a 1 time thing. We are like 9 days away from June now and not a peep about it

I dunno man. Gaz generally like to hype stuff, the fact that there hasn't been a peep about this year makes me think there won't be much. Probably a birthday cake and a couple little things.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so I got a sinister's cuirass.. HORRIBLE stats. +1 int and <20% on all summon stats.

Is it worth the 350K to reroll? Or just keep farming?

Anoregon

so I got a sinister's cuirass.. HORRIBLE stats. +1 int and <20% on all summon stats.

Is it worth the 350K to reroll? Or just keep farming?

I'd reroll it. I think any boss-specific drop with a decent rarity (so like, everything that isn't Taskmaster's guide) would be worth at least 1-2 rerolls to get it where you want it, if it is BIS for your character's build.

borghe

so taskmaster isn't rare? Because I've killed that dude like 300 times over the last 2 days and have only gotten one :p (also with shitty rolls... on top of my white suit jacket, also with shitty rolls... fml)

Dec

so taskmaster isn't rare? Because I've killed that dude like 300 times over the last 2 days and have only gotten one :p (also with shitty rolls... on top of my white suit jacket, also with shitty rolls... fml)

He has the same drop rate as all of the other bosses with artifacts but he is killed much more often because of how fast it is to kill him while still giving the full cosmic boss experience amount.

He is a popular farming target because of the short distance he is from the door (no gaps like hood etc.)

Edit: All that said a good taskmaster guide is worth a lot. Anywhere from a GoK to a dozen or two GoKs. His has many variables, so the huge majority of guides that exist in the game are terrible. It is about as difficult to get a good taskmaster guide as it is to get a good GoK but even bad GoKs are still great while the same is not true of guides.

A bad guide is given away for free sometimes, at most 1 blessing. Whoever is buying it is just doing it to play the lottery at the crafter.

Anoregon

^what he said. I have I think 5-6 taskmaster guides, and only one other boss-specific item.

borghe

ok.. so probably worth it then to reroll my bad white suit jacket and sinister cuirass.. not worth it to reroll my bad taskmaster.. got it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they confirmed that with doom you can turn off the other type of mana cost

Anoregon

they confirmed that with doom you can turn off the other type of mana cost

I'm sure it depends on build. Given what they have announced the tree names to be, it sounds like 2 of the trees will have a specific resource tied to them, while the third tree will probably be passives and physical/summon stuff. If you totally ignore the tech or sorcery tree it makes sense that you wouldn't have that resource.

Who has incredible single target DPS for melting bosses but also durable? and also isn't too boring to play

E: Another patch? Good lord, every fucking day.

Lashley

Did NC get his 52 review? Still weak as piss :(

Also, Savage Axe of Ares for Capt America? First legendary and I want him to be my main, hes great

borghe

Did NC get his 52 review? Still weak as piss :(

Also, Savage Axe of Ares for Capt America? First legendary and I want him to be my main, hes great

"52 review" is for heroes that existed before ummm.. Gambit I think.. heroes who got all of their powers by level 30 and just got points from 31-60. What you are asking about is basically a strong QOL (quality of life) pass.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Actual numbers tweaks aren't Quality of Life reviews. QoL tweaks are like... your travel power doesn't cost spirit now, or whatever. They're just reviews.

Indignate

x-23's new costume is for sure going to be all-new. Guess it goes to show how unpopular she is that iceman got his before her.

X-23 had her own series, fuck Iceman.

They're just trying to jump on this homosexual angle.

Speaking of, is his character only gay in game when he's wearing that costume? I need Marvel to tell me how sexual orientations work.

Anoregon

X-23 has three alternate costumes already and this Iceman costume was made prior to his release and was scheduled to be his launch alt.

And then they realized they actually wanted people to buy his adavance pack, so they changed it to the spikey one.

Dec

Who has incredible single target DPS for melting bosses but also durable? and also isn't too boring to play

E: Another patch? Good lord, every fucking day.

Moon Knight fits that description perfectly

X-23 has three alternate costumes already and this Iceman costume was made prior to his release and was scheduled to be his launch alt.

x-23's slot 2 icon is of her all-new costume and ryolnir has talked about how much he likes the costume. x-23 only really has 1 good alt costume as well. All the other ones were super obviously made over a year ago.

Interesting note about why Red Axis has been pushed back so far:

Doomsaw said:
We really want to do several passes of TTK and TTL tuning before we release red-difficulty AXIS, to ensure every hero can viably be brought to the raid, every tuning issue is fixed, every hero's uniques are on par and nobody feels pressured to bring a handful of heroes to the raid at the expense of their favorites.

Priorities seem to finally be in place.

Top Bottom