• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
OK got Black Panther up to 32, unlocked the last ability I wanted for him (sans Ultimate) & wrapped up the Story for the rewards and terminal unlocks.

What next? From what I read I basically use pots & LQs to get BP to 60? Anything else I should be on the look out for?

OK got Black Panther up to 32, unlocked the last ability I wanted for him (sans Ultimate) & wrapped up the Story for the rewards and terminal unlocks.

What next? From what I read I basically use pots & LQs to get BP to 60? Anything else I should be on the look out for?

That's basically it. You can work in MM on during Midtown madness events if you wish, it's a nice change to leveling.

Also you could redo the story parts that gave you the rewards on the harder difficulties as you will get the rewards again.

jon bones

That's basically it. You can work in MM on during Midtown madness events if you wish, it's a nice change to leveling.

Also you could redo the story parts that gave you the rewards on the harder difficulties as you will get the rewards again.

The Power Point rewards or the loot stuff?

Dec

no, its as mocked as any other game where mid maxers mock the people that dont. like they do in this one. The rich hate the poor and vice versa, just like in real life :p

I don't think so... the brief time I played Diablo 3 most people in the thread were working up leaderboards, keeping track of what the top ranked players for each class wore and trying to get there.

Path of Exile, to me, just screams min max. Seems hard to imagine people casually playing that game for any extended period of time.

We have relatively poor ways of minmaxing systems-wise but this is a genre that attracts those kinds of players. My observation was that this game also attracts people that mainly just enjoy comics and marvel movies. Sometimes this thread seems like those two clashing.

As for min-maxing, most of the game is just so casual that it doesn't feel like it's required, and this game has some of the most impenetrable stat systems of all time, too. Damage Rating is such an incredibly weird, fuzzy concept that I still don't fully understand. Compare that to, say, Diablo 3, which is just percentage-based and much easier to understand and requires min-maxing to get to high Torment levels and Grift levels, well, there you go.

Also hitting a stationary, placid dummy and timing it is stupid. edit: lol that was too harsh I don't wanna insult people or rustle jimmies, just my opinion

It's math. Hitting a dummy to see what is better is what you do when you're lazy or ignorant. Diminishing returns always makes things fuzzy but it isn't exactly uncommon. Someone always works out the math, in this case the guy who did got a job at Gaz (Psilocke).

If you care, those numbers are out there and you can use them. Most people just punch a dummy over and over but you're right that that is stupid

Dec

No one cares. We argue stupid shit that never ever matters. It's why I basically never post in this thread anymore.

Azzurri

Once I finish the story quest with one character, what do I do to hit 60?

Also, when leveling other heroes what is the best way to go from 1-60? Do I need to run the Story quest every time I level another hero?

Thanks

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Also, when leveling other heroes what is the best way to go from 1-60? Do I need to run the Story quest every time I level another hero?

Thanks

Legendary Quests and Midtown on Monday

Thanks

Midtown or Holo-sim to lv 12, then ICP to lv 20, then legendaries the rest of the way.

jon bones

Power points and the health/spirit bonuses mainly. Also xp bots as you get one each time you beat Sinister (3 per hero).

thanks, i guess i'll pepper those in

another noob question: i still have a ton of chests from random things (birtday cake, level 60 unique box, midtown madness chests, worldstone caches, coffers of achievement, ultimate upgrade boxes, uru forged item box)

i am waiting til i hit 60 to open these, is that smart?

Vecks

another noob question: i still have a ton of chests from random things (birtday cake, level 60 unique box, midtown madness chests, worldstone caches, coffers of achievement, ultimate upgrade boxes, uru forged item box)

You can go ahead and open the midtown madness chests and worldstone caches whenever. Those drop a lot during their respective events. That uru forged item box... not sure what's in that. Is that the starter kit for uru's? Or is that from Christmas, the one with the tyr and serpent runes? If it's just basic uru stuff, you can open it, but if it's the one with good runes, you can hold on to that until you need it. Ultimate upgrades you can save for whoever you want to focus on, and you can use them at lv52. The rest you can save till 60.

In general yes. From what you've mentioned though worldstone caches just give you worldstones which will stack up in your currency tab. You should be fine to pop these.

Those ult upgrades boxes will give you a token for an ult upgrade for whoever you open them on. Once that hero has access to their ult you're fine to open them. Just right click the token when you have it and it will increase your ults level.

Indignate

You can unlock any of the starter heroes (the heroes you can level to 10) if you use the ultimate upgrade box on them.

jon bones

thanks for all the help, guys - much appreciated

You can unlock any of the starter heroes (the heroes you can level to 10) if you use the ultimate upgrade box on them.

thank you specifically for this, i would have never known!

hawkguy & storm are 200 a pop, so maybe i'll just use my box to cop a cheap Iron Man...

Hawkeye is interesting. He's a lot of fun to play now...except in cosmic patrols. If you're in a group he's okay, but solo in there is a train wreck. He's like tissue paper compared to the two ranged characters I'm playing the most right now (Invisible Woman and Scarlet Witch).

Mine was pretty damn well geared, so I don't think that was the issue. I also stick and move a lot, and don't die to telegraphed boss attacks. It's the thousand bullets from trash that wastes him.

Anyone else have that experience, or am I Kepow bad? I want to play him but it's painful in there, and cosmic patrols and terminals are my end game now.

Lashley

Hawkeye is interesting. He's a lot of fun to play now...except in cosmic patrols. If you're in a group he's okay, but solo in there is a train wreck. He's like tissue paper compared to the two ranged characters I'm playing the most right now (Invisible Woman and Scarlet Witch).

Mine was pretty damn well geared, so I don't think that was the issue. I also stick and move a lot, and don't die to telegraphed boss attacks. It's the thousand bullets from trash that wastes him.

Anyone else have that experience, or am I Kepow bad? I want to play him but it's painful in there, and cosmic patrols and terminals are my end game now.

What actually is there to do at 60 if you don't raid? I don't plan to as I'd have nobody to play with

Is it just gearing them up and cosmic midtown etc

Dec

Never played him in there.

Use twilight, trifecta if you really want to invest in him, do not use overload, always use medical arrow, use stealth to reposition and drop aggro instead of for 0.2 seconds to get the damage, legion omega node.

E: I have spirit problems without a 25% core in raids but that may be my build (I have not looked at his forums, just went with what I like) so if you don't go for a 400loh/invuln core maybe with durability as well.

The energy range mobs are overtuned in the game overall (mobs in cosmic modok are an example). Consider maxing his defensive passive for projectile deflection, it also scales really well as far as def passives go and you have enough points to at least 18 point it with extremely small damage loss.

What actually is there to do at 60 if you don't raid? I don't plan to as I'd have nobody to play with

Is it just gearing them up and cosmic midtown etc

I've raided quite a bit, just not that interested right now. I like perfecting gear on characters I like and mindlessly grinding away in cosmic patrols. I do the dailies. My main goal now is to hit the omega cap and I'm not really close, so that's as long term goal.

Also, leveling up the new characters when they release. The real game consists of waiting for Iron Fist to release. Doom will be acceptable in the short term.

Never played him in there.

Use twilight, trifecta if you really want to invest in him, do not use overload, always use medical arrow, use stealth to reposition and drop aggro instead of for 0.2 seconds to get the damage, legion omega node.

You should try him cMM. I think he's good in a group, but if you're going solo...oh my. I don't have access to Twilight, but everything else sounds about right for what I'm doing. He just disintegrates to trash mobs and that's a shame. I'm even rocking lemurias and a Crystal for defensive purposes.

Dec

Also his defense passive gives health on medkit use (like the health portion of the 25% core affix) so I think he is an extremely good trifecta user, medkits heal him for massive amounts with a maxed def passive, which I think might be a really smart investment in the new raid and cosmic patrol zones.

scosher

I just reinstalled this after having not played since the first few months. So much added to the game, jesus.

Could I get an invite to the GAF clan?

Mupod

I do like that it seems much easier to get raid-level gear without doing raids now. I don't play this game to raid - I'm not afraid of doing it, I've raided in MMOs for years and I'm in a Mythic raiding guild in WoW. It's just not what I want out of this kind of game.

I did the green muspelheim raid a few times last year and it seemed really easy with the only sticking point being DPS requirements. I'd imagine that's far easier nowadays based on how much damage I'm doing as Thor. I've yet to find a raid group since coming back though, they always fall apart before going in or fill up before I can get an invite. My friend's got a very geared Widow and hasn't had any luck either. We'd just run our own but he's never done a raid and I don't remember the fights well enough to explain them to people.

Azzurri

Just some thoughts and a question.

First, what does J do when you press it? Does it vacuum all the loot? Or destroy it.

A lot of the time I get lost with all the effects from the skills making it hard to see anything especially where I am. I think it's exsausterbatd(sp) since when you're zoomed out it makes you even smaller so you get lost quicker. I also lose track of the boss a lot because of this.

I was doing the holo sim mission and when those horde of enemies come I had no idea where I was.

Gothos

I do like that it seems much easier to get raid-level gear without doing raids now. I don't play this game to raid - I'm not afraid of doing it, I've raided in MMOs for years and I'm in a Mythic raiding guild in WoW. It's just not what I want out of this kind of game.

I did the green muspelheim raid a few times last year and it seemed really easy with the only sticking point being DPS requirements. I'd imagine that's far easier nowadays based on how much damage I'm doing as Thor. I've yet to find a raid group since coming back though, they always fall apart before going in or fill up before I can get an invite. My friend's got a very geared Widow and hasn't had any luck either. We'd just run our own but he's never done a raid and I don't remember the fights well enough to explain them to people.

Weird. Are you using group finder? Try LFG channel, I have zero problems joining raid groups.

Just some thoughts and a question.

First, what does J do when you press it? Does it vacuum all the loot? Or destroy it.

A lot of the time I get lost with all the effects from the skills making it hard to see anything especially where I am. I think it's exsausterbatd(sp) since when you're zoomed out it makes you even smaller so you get lost quicker. I also lose track of the boss a lot because of this.

I was doing the holo sim mission and when those horde of enemies come I had no idea where I was.

J will donate the items to your pet if you have one equipped. If that level i already full it will sell them for a reduced price.

If you have no pet it will destroy them. You can go into your settings and mess around with some auto vaporise options if you wish but you won't get as much credits than if you picked them up and sold them directly.

In the options you can turn off other people's effects. This can make a huge difference with seeing the screen.

I'm pretty sure they added a boss tracker at one point, thought that went on automatically but you may have to go into the options again to set it up.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
It's disabled by default for some reason.

cheer up dec

me with real make up
GpMUjjM.jpg

and kitty vs deathwing ^^
foeTKVE.jpg

Lashley

Any good SW builds that would allow me to raid if I wanted (And was geared) but didn't need to be a pro

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I use that build but with 20 in Chaos Warp and 1 in the shield for lazymode AoE farming and with Legion as it is she doesn't really need the extra survivability

QueenOfSelfies A+ as usual

jon bones

what's the deal with the avengers daily gift?

i get 5 shards / splinters seemingly randomly, separate from the daily login gift

Found my first ever Hand of Doom tonight in Cosmic Midtown.
Pretty happy because its not an item I would ever farm for (the Doom fight is too tedious to repeat 100 plus times).

2015-05-25_00001%2Bcopy.jpg

Top Bottom