• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

I use that build but with 20 in Chaos Warp and 1 in the shield for lazymode AoE farming and with Legion as it is she doesn't really need the extra survivability

QueenOfSelfies A+ as usual

There are dual specs for a reason. That's exactly how I'm built. The AOE madness for easy farming, the defensive setup for everything else.

Unrelated, I swapped some gear around on Hawkeye and did just fine in cosmic patrols. The more you know...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You should check the character forums for builds. This is the go-to for SW

gkF4sgx.png

This 1 https://forums.marvelheroes.com/dis...ch-guide-by-cerneris-updated-for-52-review/p1

1 im using atm, thanks :)

Moondrop

Banned
Datamined powers for Thing suggest he'll have summons, but unclear whether they'll be more like those of Colossus or Cyclops. But I'll definitely play him again to see the Fantasticar.

At time like this I miss Kepow. :(

I've never liked Summon heroes, but that's mostly due to my inability to maximise their potential. Always end up wandering around for like a minute before realising that my summons have gone away/died or remembering to actually summon them in the first place - and it's usually only because I'm suddenly getting my arse handed to me that I realise.

Everyone swore by that Ice Man summon build at the start, but I lasted an hour tops before Retconning into one of the flashy, button-mashing ranged builds haha..

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've never liked Summon heroes, but that's mostly due to my inability to maximise their potential. Always end up wandering around for like a minute before realising that my summons have gone away/died or remembering to actually summon them in the first place - and it's usually only because I'm suddenly getting my arse handed to me that I realise.

Everyone swore by that Ice Man summon build at the start, but I lasted an hour tops before Retconning into one of the flashy, button-mashing ranged builds haha..

I don't think anyone that plays Iceman (you know...me and Frost) ever said to use a summon build, we said we use the summons talent and then the rest is ranged stuff. So a hybrid at best

I don't think anyone that plays Iceman (you know...me and Frost) ever said to use a summon build, we said we use the summons talent and then the rest is ranged stuff. So a hybrid at best

Even worse for me; if the focus isn't on Summons in general, I'll forget they're even there and be wasting the points.

(Wasn't referring to recommendations in here, mostly on the MH.com threads)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Even worse for me; if the focus isn't on Summons in general, I'll forget they're even there and be wasting the points.

(Wasn't referring to recommendations in here, mostly on the MH.com threads)

How can you forget 3 giant ice golem running around?

Rhaknar

Ugh keep stealing moves from a popular game that is a completely different genre and most of it not even faithful to the characters

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
the tears, deliciousssss

how you guys can not think foot dive is hilarious is beyond me

agreed on summons tho they suck. I like summon characters in theory but the way they work in this game is just terrible.

Indignate

If he didn't have foot dive I would uninstall.

Cuz the game I play isn't a Marvel Heroes that's not making people on forums mad about things that don't matter.

Drayco21

Foot dives and finger lasers confirmed?

giphy.gif

You're alright Gaz. Don't let anyone tell you different. Except for me, every other time something is announced or confirmed, I guess.

Moondrop

Banned
How accurate is this site?
It depends on your definition of accuracy. There's no real objective standard here, even TTK of test dummies, and ultimately the ratings are just somebody's opinion.

That said, I use that website all the time as a baseline for theorycrafting, as well as for tasks like knowing which artifacts to vendor.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It depends on your definition of accuracy. There's no real objective standard here, even TTK of test dummies, and ultimately the ratings are just somebody's opinion.

That said, I use that website all the time as a baseline for theorycrafting, as well as for tasks like knowing which artifacts to vendor.

Just for knowing what artifact/unique i should keep or vendor and what any unique etc is good for which character

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Mmhhh, yummy! And I thought that boxes with 10 Odin Marks were the maximum...

nope. 200 I believe. I just spent 1500 of my fortune on asgardian cards for the king thor team up.. in a 36 pack I got king thor and ~400 odin marks. was expecting to spend 4500 for the "Card cash" to have to buy him.

That's quite a lot. Do you have enough things in mind to warrant that much g or just thinking long term?
well for starters, like I said.. I didn't buy advance pack 2.. so all I have from 2015 so far is vision. beyond that, upcoming fortune cards, stash space (I only have 4 general tabs), costumes, etc.

ugh. what have I done... (in my defense I was out of the game during the Advance Pack 2 promotion)

Nice!

Definitely the best way to do it.

I think about what I've spent over the last 18 months in $10-20 transactions.. I would have been far better off buying the big packs. Especially when they're on sale.

Doom's gonna have 2 resources apparently:
q3CffL6.png

I assume one for sorcery one for tech stuff.

Edit: Just saw that's already been posted here, derp. Well, it's Doom. He deserves to be posted twice.

He's not a failure of a villain, and I don't know what kind of expectations you have from a country if Latveria is a "hole in the ground" for you.

First, let's talk Latveria.
It originally was a tiny Eastern European shithole, poor and ravaged by years of war. Then Doom rose to power and cleaned it up, eventually making it a super power. In the current Marvel Universe, Latveria is one of the world's strongest countries economically and militarily, it easily measures up to the real world's US or China, and has only the fraction of their size and (human) manpower.
But Doom did not do this based in slavery. He created an army of robotic servants that keep the peace and infrastructure of Latveria smooth. His people love him, and in most depictions of Doom, he cares about his country and his people as well. He never endangers his population directly, only using his own Doombots (and himself) for his operations.

Now, Doom himself. Yes, he's a mustache twirler and has an ego the size of Jupiter, but he's the epitome of the mustache twirler and egomaniac. Doom was one of the pioneers of that particular type of villain within comic books. He is driven by his hatred for Reed Richards at first, but eventually this turns into his belief that his sole purpose is to govern Earth and lead it to glory under his rule. This goes to the point that he is willing to work with his enemies, even the man he so utterly hates - Reed Richards - to preserve the planet from destruction in the case of bigger threats. After all, if Earth doesn't exist anymore, what would be there for him to rule?
His ambition and his desire for revenge made him become a super genius in basically all fields of science. He is on the same level as Richards in basically all regards. But he also dabbled into the fields of the supernatural, becoming a sorcerer almost as powerful as Dr. Strange. Speaking of which - he teamed up with Strange to go into hell and beat up Mephisto to save the soul of Mama Doom.
And most of all, he just doesn't take any shit from anybody. You can be a peasant or a cosmic entity, Doom will shittalk you, and then continue to do whatever Doom pleases. Heck, when Loki visited him, he poisons the food just for shits and giggles.

tumblr_m41of2bXqO1rw2b6io1_500.png

Doom isn't a failed villain, over the decades he's been built to be one of the most powerful men on Earth, and rightfully so. He is insanely intelligent, has vast amounts of knowledge, has nigh limitless amounts of tech gadgets, is one of the most powerful magicians of the planet and heads one of the most advanced and powerful nations in the world, a nation that he himself brought to where it is now.
And to top it off, he knows all that, and that's why Doom doesn't take shit from anybody.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Found my first ever Hand of Doom tonight in Cosmic Midtown.
Pretty happy because its not an item I would ever farm for (the Doom fight is too tedious to repeat 100 plus times).

2015-05-25_00001%2Bcopy.jpg

Iron Buddies can breakdance? Mine never does that!

It's just like Doom fans to respond to a throwaway troll by posting walls of pictures and text. Just like he would do.

Doom's alright, though. It's a damn miracle that Waid and Hickman bailed him out of years of cheesiness to make him somewhat respectable. Years after Magneto got the same treatment, though.

Rhaknar

It's just like Doom fans to respond to a throwaway troll by posting walls of pictures and text. Just like he would do.

I'm sorry for assuming you were actually asking and didn't realise you were just trolling. I guess I forgot where I was.

Drayco21

She beat up Galactus and Thanos too, so that's pretty good company all things considered.

As cool as Doom is, not even he can hold a candle to the most powerful canonical character in the multiverse, accept no substitutes.

ElRenoRaven

He's not a failure of a villain, and I don't know what kind of expectations you have from a country if Latveria is a "hole in the ground" for you.

First, let's talk Latveria.
It originally was a tiny Eastern European shithole, poor and ravaged by years of war. Then Doom rose to power and cleaned it up, eventually making it a super power. In the current Marvel Universe, Latveria is one of the world's strongest countries economically and militarily, it easily measures up to the real world's US or China, and has only the fraction of their size and (human) manpower.
But Doom did not do this based in slavery. He created an army of robotic servants that keep the peace and infrastructure of Latveria smooth. His people love him, and in most depictions of Doom, he cares about his country and his people as well. He never endangers his population directly, only using his own Doombots (and himself) for his operations.

Now, Doom himself. Yes, he's a mustache twirler and has an ego the size of Jupiter, but he's the epitome of the mustache twirler and egomaniac. Doom was one of the pioneers of that particular type of villain within comic books. He is driven by his hatred for Reed Richards at first, but eventually this turns into his belief that his sole purpose is to govern Earth and lead it to glory under his rule. This goes to the point that he is willing to work with his enemies, even the man he so utterly hates - Reed Richards - to preserve the planet from destruction in the case of bigger threats. After all, if Earth doesn't exist anymore, what would be there for him to rule?
His ambition and his desire for revenge made him become a super genius in basically all fields of science. He is on the same level as Richards in basically all regards. But he also dabbled into the fields of the supernatural, becoming a sorcerer almost as powerful as Dr. Strange. Speaking of which - he teamed up with Strange to go into hell and beat up Mephisto to save the soul of Mama Doom.
And most of all, he just doesn't take any shit from anybody. You can be a peasant or a cosmic entity, Doom will shittalk you, and then continue to do whatever Doom pleases. Heck, when Loki visited him, he poisons the food just for shits and giggles.

tumblr_m41of2bXqO1rw2b6io1_500.png

Doom isn't a failed villain, over the decades he's been built to be one of the most powerful men on Earth, and rightfully so. He is insanely intelligent, has vast amounts of knowledge, has nigh limitless amounts of tech gadgets, is one of the most powerful magicians of the planet and heads one of the most advanced and powerful nations in the world, a nation that he himself brought to where it is now.
And to top it off, he knows all that, and that's why Doom doesn't take shit from anybody.

Yup Doom is actually a damn great villain. I'd rank him easily in my top 3 Villains of all time.

Top Bottom