• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

J-Tier

NMs9dmV.jpg
Gosh, some Alex Ross art, didn't think I'd ever see some of these characters in his style.

It's probably safe to expect that we'll see a lot of this stuff show up in MH.
Back from extended work time and was looking for an opportunity to talk about this.

Tarazet

Got Punisher from my random box. They're retooling him, right? I'm hearing he might be the worst of all heroes at the moment.

Another BOGO on heroes for a week.

I put the game down for a bit yet that stupid sale made me think for five seconds, "Huh, I should buy a hero!"

It's not even wanting new heroes. I think I get more excitement from clicking the random box to see what I get more than anything else.

Got Punisher from my random box. They're retooling him, right? I'm hearing he might be the worst of all heroes at the moment.

He's on the list for a future review, but he's not up right away. And he is, indeed, one of the worst (if not THE worst) heroes in the game, and also happens to be super dull to play. I feel bad for people who want to play as him cause they like the character, even more so for people who picked him as their starter.

He's on the list for a future review, but he's not up right away. And he is, indeed, one of the worst (if not THE worst) heroes in the game, and also happens to be super dull to play. I feel bad for people who want to play as him cause they like the character, even more so for people who picked him as their starter.

What about those of us who purchased him pre-release before he was a starter character? ;)

Poor Frank Castle.

Lord Phol

TC with all the QoLs and Nova is up! Will be posting impressions later!

Doom Team-up

- Pretty damn neat! Now I really want him in-game.

Wasp Team-up

- More awesome than I first thought, if she becomes a suprise pack hero I wouldn't mind at all!
- Could be nice for a Nova movement build, though the passive buff is a bit short.

Star-Lord:

- I kind of miss the awesome visuals on Elemental Blast charge up (with the different elements) :7.
- The new rebounding Wind Element Blast is great!
- Fire and Fire Elemental Blast looks way better.
- Earth Elemental Blast looks great.
- Earth shots travels faster, I guess this is good.

Psylocke

- Her new Psi-Barrier passive seems great.
- Psion-Constructs (left) is now her Psionic Projection (illusions) tree and all mental damage.
- Deadly Assassin (middle) tree is still pure physical. Some of the illusion moves are in there.
- To make a decent Psionic Constructs build you will have to dabble in both of these trees (left & right).
- They moved two physical constructs (Bow/Crossbow) to her Telepathy (right) tree.
- Can't wait to experiment with left and right tree, lots of awesome stuff in there now.

Cyclops

- Fighting Expertise tree is alot cooler now with new animations.
- He has his bike!
- His Basic beam power (Snapshots Beams) looks awesome.
- New sounds are awesome.
- Optic Beam (channeled) still looks meh but great audio.
- Explosion Blast looks and sounds better.
- Shotgun Beam (wide small area blast) looks better now and has a 10% melee dmg increase which makes for some good variety and use in melee builds.
- Not super fond of rapidshot (former Barrage) but it's better than before.
- Riccochet blast looks way more authentic
- I would like to make a Snapshots Beam build, but he doesn't have any good options for slowing (it does 50% extra dmg on slowed mobs).
- Optic Devastation like Shotgun Beam looks way better and authentic.
- His Strike Team powers are pretty cool, but a shared 8 second cd seems a bit much.
- Overall he looks like a freaking blast to play!

Ghost Rider

- Seems alot better and I can see hybrid builds being the way to go.
- Judgement animates better and has a 40% damage to bosses affix.
- He has a new Hellfire powere where he throws burning skeletonheads.
- The New Hellfire DoT mechanic is interesting but a bit cumbersome.
- His passives are better, one was merged into another.
- Penance Stare is alot better now!

Silver Surfer

- Was never a big SS player but his new power is pretty sweet (semi-rapid firing EMF looking beams that pierces enemies).
- EMF has better spirit regen again and can be channeled for longer.

Nova

so-good_fb_603100.jpg

Haha! So excited for Nova.
I've kept a full stash tab of Midtown Chests for him too.

Any word on when us PC players will be able to get the Doom Team Up? Is it coming to a Fortune Card?

Lord Phol

My goodness the Sam costume is really bad and the voice is so annoying. The visual changes are neat though, but yeah not touching that one on live.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The best bang for your buck seems like the level 60 cows. We did two runs earlier and I earned close to 100 drives. I have nine more to use, so that's where I'm going to be.

the level 60 bovinheim I presume? I have 5 of those myself, just need peeps to do it with

Lord Phol

Having played around a bit with everything on TC, here's my overall hype meter for the patch:

1. NOVAAAAA!!!
  2. Cyclops pewpew rework of awesomeness is definetly main-material.
  3. Psylockes ninja build is going to be awesome!
  4. Ghost Rider could be pretty sweet if I manage to find a build.
  5. Star-Lords changes are good but nothing mind blowing.
  6. Silver Surfer is not my cup of tea but SS players should be happy.

The wait is going to be tough D:.

Gothos

1. Nova sucks big time. Pulsars are TERRIBLE mechanics. I'm utterly disappointed with him :(
2. Cyclops looks fun, but his Ultimate? What a joke....

Lord Phol

Total opposite on Nova but I agree with the Cyclops Ultimate, it's pretty bad. Should have been more like Captain Americas.

You can either get it through the Mac Pack or the Fortune card that'll probably have the Black Future Foundation varient costumes in it too.

His damage proc on his tier 4 away option is OP. By far the strongest Team Up related proc. On my Iron Man it does 72k damage twice per second (315k brutes) for 10 seconds as an AoE pulse. Nothing else compares.

Drayco21

Gosh, some Alex Ross art, didn't think I'd ever see some of these characters in his style.

It's probably safe to expect that we'll see a lot of this stuff show up in MH.
Back from extended work time and was looking for an opportunity to talk about this.

There's no way we don't see an Uncle Sam, Superior Iron Man and Lady Thor costume by the end of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if Gaz kept getting their requests to do American Dream turned down so that she could be released to tie into this event. I'd probably buy a 1602 The Bard costume for Daredevil, and a Ghost Rider 2099 costume.

Does Iron Man even have an enhanced yet? With all his costumes, I'd think they'd have done it already. Maybe an Arno Stark 2020 enhanced costume, and I think that Noir Iron Man is basically confirmed from Doomsaw's last spoiler hints for costumes.

I'm still hoping Miles is his own character instead of relegated as a costume- maybe he'll show up as a surprise hero since he shouldn't take too much work compared to a brand new character.

Oh man, this Psylocke QoL. This Psylocke QoL!

Does Iron Man even have an enhanced yet? With all his costumes, I'd think they'd have done it already. Maybe an Arno Stark 2020 enhanced costume, and I think that Noir Iron Man is basically confirmed from Doomsaw's last spoiler hints for costumes.

He doesn't. Pretty surprised they haven't added the Norman Iron Patriot yet.

You can either get it through the Mac Pack or the Fortune card that'll probably have the Black Future Foundation varient costumes in it too.

His damage proc on his tier 4 away option is OP. By far the strongest Team Up related proc. On my Iron Man it does 72k damage twice per second (315k brutes) for 10 seconds as an AoE pulse. Nothing else compares.

Of course they would lock away a top tier team-up behind a paywall. FFS.

Drayco21

Of course they would lock away a top tier team-up behind a paywall. FFS.

Doom forces all the people of Latveria to run Mac because he thinks its funny, and made gambling the national sport. All free-to-play peasants must spin the wheel and pray if they want to spend time with their glorious leader.

Doom forces all the people of Latveria to run Mac because he thinks its funny, and made gambling the national sport. All free-to-play peasants must spin the wheel and pray if they want to spend time with their glorious leader.

The funny thing is that I'm not free-to-play, quite the contrary. I bought the 200$ Ultimate Pack back to support the really shitty beta (I'm even in the credits!), both Advance Packs, the Team-Up Advance Pack AND the Guardians of the Galaxy Team-Up/Rocket alt pack.
The only items I acquired with splinters were Gambit, Taskmaster and 2 of the starting team-ups. And the Mac pack was an absolute garbage deal as an owner of both the UP and the AP1, because except for a Taskmaster costume, and the exclusive and semi-exclusive costumes/team-up, I already had the entire content.
And that's not even counting the Gs I bought for costumes/fortune cards.

Basically I've thrown like 500$ worth of money at Gazillion at this point just for their pack deals, but I was given no chance to purchase the Mac items without taking either basically 100$ worth of stuff I already owned, or get fortune cards.

Wait... there will be NO version of Doom TU with splinters??

Yall sure about that?

We don't know if classic green-coated Doom is gonna be a team-up yet (they haven't confirmed that for sure), and even if there was, there's no guarantee that he would have the same stats/powers as Future Foundation Doom (see Spider-Man and Black Spider-Man TUs).

Drayco21

Finally bought Hawkeye today and took a look at his costumes, and man is it slim pickings. How the hell is there still no Hawk-Guy costume in this game?

Drayco21

You don't like Kate?

I maintain my stance that alternate characters should be 200 splinter heroes, not costumes. If X-23 gets to be her own character, so should Kate Bishop.
Clint's the more interesting Hawkeye anyway.

So Cyclops is going to be summoning in X-Men as part of his moveset now? Interesting, that's a pretty cool way to make his "leadership" concept actually viable as opposed to giving him too many buffs and stances like he's got now.

Cyclops has always been a garbage leader, though.

I'm not in the TC and not about to download it, so I really appreciate all the feedback on here. Folks on the Psylocke forum say she is OP and that it's impossible to run out of spirit. If that is true, I expect they'll scale her back a bit this week.

Yeah, Iceman is early for next year, probably the first character to come out in 2015 (or the one after Venom in case he is pushed into that year).

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
midtown now has a queue on tc like holo sim and u can invite others to your instance,

i see this being really easy to farm bosses now on special events due to them being easy by yourse;f

Juggernaut forum has opened! My least hyped character from the remaining 2014 pack tbh but I'm still looking forward to what they do with him. Cant wait for Magneto!

Top Bottom