• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

StMeph

Just started playing to try the game out. Looks like the Avengers are available as Starters (including the unlock). Who's the best to pick up with the starter unlock + 400 Splinters?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
me with professional make up

wN922ug.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
me saying it's not the best run ever does not mean it's not good, or great even. Must the Internet always be about extremes?

i know, i'm just emphasizing my recommendation. i have a feeling there are fans of MH who would really enjoy some new comics.

Just started playing to try the game out. Looks like the Avengers are available as Starters (including the unlock). Who's the best to pick up with the starter unlock + 400 Splinters?

I'd say give Cap, Hulk & Hawkeye a try. You can get them to 10 for free and you'll get a feel for their playstyles.

Azzurri

Man, it's easy to lose your self in the game.

Its such a good game to log in for a couple hours and hit your daily and some legendary quest and power through a bunch a levels. I almost have my first 60 just 11 levels and SW will be 60.

I want to use her as my main, so I'm gonna level her synergy hero's first.

Drayco21

After reading this week's Secret Wars books, I've changed my mind about not wanting the inevitable playable MODOK.

Anyone who kills Gambits so effortlessly is a-okay in my book.

FeD.nL

tc patch is around 4 gigs right now.

let me guess a suprise hero release during june.

domsaw already said each week of june will have a new feature or something.

heretic also posted this and said second word is meant to be malekith so im guessing new terminals

11011610_10152882906117078_5784127534255869777_n.jpg

It's happening

sw-issue4-moment.jpg

Please Gaz.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
david brevik on stream last night confirmed a few things

they are teaming up with curse do have addons for the games (probs community made in game clocks power bars etc because they cant) est july.

and some big changes coming to any hero uniques soon too

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I came around on Hickman a bit, I think New Avengers is pretty great, and the way this Incursion stuff ties everything together is smart and it's obvious how this will lead to Secret Wars (I know very little about it other than the universes merging). I'm kind of excited about it now.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
No more Retcon merchandise
I would buy.
david brevik on stream last night confirmed a few things

they are teaming up with curse do have addons for the games (probs community made in game clocks power bars etc because they cant) est july.

and some big changes coming to any hero uniques soon too
In game clock would be nice. Extra non-F6 key bindings that don't break target lock would also be nice. But mostly.... Let me just output my paper doll and power window (all three tabs) in XML.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Started playing windowed mode recently (but still fullscreen) and I haven't looked back. Makes it much easier to just pop in and out, which is how I like to play it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Started playing windowed mode recently (but still fullscreen) and I haven't looked back. Makes it much easier to just pop in and out, which is how I like to play it.

hows iron man going lol

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Play every game in window-fullscreen for the rest of you life.

Trust me.

but muh immersion (I do play most games in borderless windowed fullscreen because I get horrible screen tearing in most games otherwise, but in borderless windows. because immersion.)

Iron Man is 50 now and I want to die

don't cosmic prestige kids.

Don't fucking do it.

Unless you're Queen of Boosts.

borghe

people on the forums are brimming with excitement over damage meters.. poor fools don't realize that modding/add-ons don't inherently mean damage meters. Recount/skada only exist in WoW because WoW sends all combat data effectively to its own chat channel. Similar to how the log sites only exist because WoW can also write out combat logs (and detailed ones as well, which is actually really friggin cool).

MH does neither of these currently. AFAIK there is no way currently in-game (with or without mods) to capture damage meters. For it to exist Gaz would have to add it in.

IMHO doing so would be purely toxic.

don't cosmic prestige kids.

Don't fucking do it.

I feel like there should be a massive warning sign that pops up in game if you choose this route. Something along the lines of, "Do you seriously realize what you are doing? Cosmic prestige takes approximately XX hours to hit the level cap!"

I can't see myself ever going that route. In fact, I'm pretty sure if I ever attempted a cosmic run, I'd just end up writing that character off forever. There's a lot of negative incentive there, especially if it's someone I genuinely enjoy playing.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
MH does neither of these currently. AFAIK there is no way currently in-game (with or without mods) to capture damage meters. For it to exist Gaz would have to add it in.

IMHO doing so would be purely toxic.

cosigned. pls no fucking DPS meters in this game

borghe

I feel like there should be a massive warning sign that pops up in game if you choose this route. Something along the lines of, "Do you seriously realize what you are doing? Cosmic prestige takes approximately XX hours to hit the level cap!"

I can't see myself ever going that route. In fact, I'm pretty sure if I ever attempted a cosmic run, I'd just end up writing that character off forever. There's a lot of negative incentive there, especially if it's someone I genuinely enjoy playing.

it's the biggest thing holding me off from wanting to do it. Not that it takes so long.. but that you basically render your character UNUSABLE until you finish. (in end game content that is). Want to use them to farm omegas during Omega event? Too bad! Want to farm level 60 uniques or artifacts during a loot explosion event? Too bad! So if I want to cosmic prestige my scarlet witch.. she is literally unplayable in end game content until I finish.. which will likely be weeks of game time dedicated to her. I mean even with boosts and the final days of omega.. you are still looking at (realistically) days of real life play time to prestige a character.. and that is dedicating a major portion of that event to doing so..

NOT THAT I THINK GAZ SHOULD CHANGE IT! It's there for what it is.. the few, the proud, the rare. But yeah.. I really am turned off from even trying. If I take a character through that I really don't care if I lose access to them for a while or not, then why bother? And if I take a character through that I absolutely love, man being locked out from the end game with them for that long would suck.

The game seemed dead for me last night. Not just in Cosmic Midtown, but also in hubs. They were so empty.
I hope Im wrong, but I wonder if this retcon/re-spec news is an attempt to boost the numbers back up?

The game seemed dead for me last night. Not just in Cosmic Midtown, but also in hubs. They were so empty.
I hope Im wrong, but I wonder if this retcon/re-spec news is an attempt to boost the numbers back up?

The whole Avengers thing probably pumped numbers up quite a bit and we're beginning to see them die down again. Some people will stay on but I wouldn't be surprised if most of them left.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

the only active hub is Avengers Tower as usual and you didnt find people in the places where you die alot and need stupid gear to not die alot, and where the alternative (non cosmic) gives you the same result for shared quests (where even people like Declarius do them in normal patrols)?

the sky is truly falling :p

Azzurri

Good thing there is like another 20 years of Super hero movies lined up to get more people in!

Btw, what's the point of Cosmic Prestige? E-peen?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
speaking of, I wouldn't be surprised to see them invest in pvp around the time Civil War comes out. I personally have zero investment in it but there is, at the very least, a loud minority who wants it.

I still have never touched it even once, closing in on 1400 hours.

Btw, what's the point of Cosmic Prestige? E-peen?

Mainly, you do get a free default costume for use in the blender but since you also get one every time you prestige that's not a big thing.

You also get access to a cosmic pet but since you can get a different pet for each level of prestige, again, not a huge thing.

the only active hub is Avengers Tower as usual and you didnt find people in the places where you die alot and need stupid gear to not die alot, and where the alternative (non cosmic) gives you the same result for shared quests (where even people like Declarius do them in normal patrols)?

the sky is truly falling :p

There was me and one other guy in the Avenger Tower (my default hub), which is why the game felt so empty to me. Usually there are at least a dozen people there.

You also get access to a cosmic pet but since you can get a different pet for each level of prestige, again, not a huge thing.

I really want that Cosmic Iron Buddy, but red prestige/text looks way cooler than yellow, so that where I stop prestiging. I also dont want to spend 2 week levelling from 50 to 60 etc.

I really want that Cosmic Iron Buddy, but red prestige/text looks way cooler than yellow, so that where I stop prestiging. I also dont want to spend 2 week levelling from 50 to 60 etc.

The fact you also have to wait for lv60 until you can buy the pet is probably another turn off too (then again I only prestige for colour).

shock33

Having got one character to 60 cosmic I'm never doing it again, utter hell. In addition to the message suggested above, I would like one where if you already have one it says "Remember what it was like last time? IT WAS WORSE THAN YOU REMEMBER"

Bladelaw

I put Iron Man on the Cosmic Prestige train. I have too many costumes for him and I never see them. So every 5 levels I'm changing (upgrading) suits. Keeps things interesting for me and lets me get back into just playing the game. Not burning through Dailies or anything just running the content.

I'm curious if there's a "complete all Legendary Quests" achievement, this seems like a good time to try for it. Hey I cosmic'ed Spider-Man in a day (CosMega +a hozillion boosts) Might as well run it the right way once.

God, Cyclops is awful compared to Scarlet Witch.

To be fair, most characters feel awful compared to her, and you probably never played Cyclops back when he was one of the worst characters in game. You're playing the vastly improved Cyclops, if you can believe that.

Weird that his classic costume isn't his default, since I imagine that will be his most popular by far.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Weird that his classic costume isn't his default, since I imagine that will be his most popular by far.

It's all about the money, I'm sure they expect people to shell out for the preorder pack just for the green costume. I know I'm one of those fools.

Their stated reason is that they want the default costumes for all anti-heroes/villains to be what they wore when they were most associated with doing good guy stuff, which for doom is future foundation.

Also, Re: SW, yeah. She is head and shoulders above like most of the heroes at this point, both in terms of power and fun factor.

Bladelaw

They've said that Marvel want's them to use a villain's "heroic" costume as a launch costume. That's why Venom has his black costume.

Also money.

Top Bottom