• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no more mutants

damn it indignate, do it properly!

no-more-mutants-house-of-m-wanda.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Permanent Retcon / Birthday Cake Mark 2 week 1

Surprise Free Coupon for a the Hero of Your Choice week 2 (excluding Doom)

Surprise Pet week 3

Surprise Team-Up week 4

basically doomsaw said this year they wanted more meaningful rewards and didnt want everything on first day

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Surprise Free Coupon for a ultimate token of your choice week 2 (excluding Doom)

Surprise Pet week 3

Surprise Team-Up week 4

basically doomsaw said this year they wanted more meaningful rewards and didnt want everything on first day

fixed

:(

Rhaknar

so the surprise team up doesnt say its a coupon so it should be a new one at least right?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'll be grabbing Iceman with the freebie. Neat!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Surprise Free Coupon for a the Hero of Your Choice week 2 (excluding Doom)

Surprise Pet week 3

Surprise Team-Up week 4

damn, great rewards

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Doom's uniques got their flavor text, and sea horn contains *Toot*, so all is well in the world.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Weird angle to view the model I think.

Doesn't help that the image has been through hellish compression

yea stolen from forumhe should be in green

also

@Doomsaw said:
Archangel and angel are turning out great and I have high hopes for him being playable next year.

Drayco21

Human rights are for humans.

And clones of humans.

And magical space gods.

And clones of enhanced humans possessed by an ancient spider god that spend their time getting harassed by their sidekick, who is in turn possessed by a different space god, into doing hero bullshit.

But never mutie gene trash. Accept no quarter.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they are streaming for long time tomorrow

We're probably going to be live for 6-8 hours. We'll be rotating people in to take over and do different things - talk about what they worked on, new stuff, play the game in various modes.

I don't know EXACTLY how long it's going to be tomorrow, but you can expect something well in excess of our usual 1 hour stream time.

Rhaknar

Didn't know Doom was using white in Secret Wars. Guess the default costume is even more accurate now :eek:

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
hmmmmm ?

Cosmic Team-Ups are also now able to be found in the world.

also

General

Pets & Summons damage increased by ~25%.
Medkits can now be used when players are already full on health.

and christ doom just got a huge nerf on tc they say final tuning pass but they just turned torment into a useless skill. his uniques all got nerfed too

also these guys

Hey folks,

There are no specific changes for Thing's 52 review in today's build. We'd like to give players a bit more time to explore Thing's build & gearing options before making any further changes.

That said, we are still closely monitoring feedback and will make changes going forward as needed.

hahahaha

thanks for testing yea fuck you thing players lol

also

Affixes No Longer Used

The following have been replaced (as listed above) and will not appear on new team-up gear. The affixes will remain on existing gear.

Specific Types of Damage Negation
Crit Chance For Players
Tenacity
Strength
Durability
Energy
Speed
Intelligence
Fighting
Move Speed

Drayco21

Didn't know Doom was using white in Secret Wars. Guess the default costume is even more accurate now :eek:

He's gotta switch back out of his villain costume while he's being the greatest hero the Marvel Universe deserves. I'm even more glad it's his default now.

hahahaha

thanks for testing yea fuck you thing players lol

Thing isn't allowed to be good; who else would come out of every random hero box to mock us if they made him worth playing?

This is pretty huge right here: "Medkits can now be used when players are already full on health."

No more Magneto Medallion / Psionic Overload necessary to use an Invuln / Spirit Medkit on demand. Woot \o/

Indignate

This is pretty huge right here: "Medkits can now be used when players are already full on health."

No more Magneto Medallion / Psionic Overload necessary to use an Invuln / Spirit Medkit on demand. Woot \o/

It just means that I'll never accidentally die to Surtur.

Which only happened that one time I swear.

Drayco21

Iceman as a summoner is still incredibly stupid. What did they even base that on?

Bendis' Future Iceman being all about Ice Golems, I think?

Whenever something goes wrong in characterization, I just assume it was Bendis fucking it up at some point, and it's usually right more often than wrong.

LuuKyK

Well Elektra is in that poster so I am cool with it.

Anyway, about that dispute with FOX: does that mean that from now on we won't get x-men character in the game anymore?

Drayco21

Well Elektra is in that poster so I am cool with it.

Anyway, about that dispute with FOX: does that mean that from now on we won't get x-men character in the game anymore?

They just mentioned Archangel being likely for next year's pack, Gaz doesn't seem to care, and seem to have gotten in before getting hit with a mandate of any kind. Contest of Champions on mobile is the same way; they still add X-Men characters like Magick and new versions of Deadpool and Colossus to the roster semi-regularly.

It's weird they're still on track to put through any X-Men stuff though, since Marvel needs to okay every single detail in the game. Maybe Marvel just hasn't said anything to them, and plan to veto every X-Men thing they send in from here on?

Anoregon

Apparently Doom got nerfed pretty hard on this build, so we can all expect him to be shit at launch and hopefully get fixed a week or so after

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Whenever something goes wrong in characterization, I just assume it was Bendis fucking it up at some point, and it's usually right more often than wrong.

Remender's UXF alt-Bobby is full on Omega and wrecks shit with summons.

Rhaknar

I don't like you any more again

Bobby was shitting out ice clones in the amazing Wolverine & the X-Men

Drayco21

Remender's UXF alt-Bobby is full on Omega and wrecks shit with summons.

Oh, okay- I completely forgot about AoA!Iceman being in that book, but I do remember him doing a bunch of size changing and clone stuff in it now that you mention it.

I don't like you any more again

Bobby was shitting out ice clones in the amazing Wolverine & the X-Men

Pfft, I don't read books about no muties, my eyes glazed over it every time it was on the pegs until the relaunched it with a proper character in the title instead.

I wouldn't freak out about Doom just yet.

So they added "catch up" potions for Team Ups, since leveling them is going to be such a huge time investment. First one takes a Team Up to level 25, and the rest give much less of a boost. Here is how much of a level boost you get per use on the same Team Up:

1 - level 25
2 - level 29
3 - level 32
4 - level 34
5 - level 36
6 - level 38
7 - level 39
8 - level 40
9 - level 41
10 - level 42
11 - level 43
12 - level 44
13 - level 45
14 - level 45 (From here you get less than a level per potion)
20 - level 49

Rhaknar

That was one of the big things about the 2.0 update. Need to make experience (and XP boosts) relevant again for maxed players. It's also how they unlock all the powers in their talent tree.

Didn't they say they were giving everyone one potion that would max out a team up?

Changed it to these catch up potions. Also they require an insane amount of XP to hit level 60. Something over 120 billion (which is more than it takes to level a character three times from 1-60).

Top Bottom