• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

He's on the list for a future review, but he's not up right away. And he is, indeed, one of the worst (if not THE worst) heroes in the game, and also happens to be super dull to play. I feel bad for people who want to play as him cause they like the character, even more so for people who picked him as their starter.

Im leveling him through purple prestige right now. I actually really enjoy playing him because I love watching him fire all his guns and stab the shit out of everything, but I admit he does feel a little lackluster in the DPS department.
I remember back in the day when he was pretty solid. He could mow down anything pretty quickly when he would duel wield those assault rifles :D

Im leveling him through purple prestige right now. I actually really enjoy playing him because I love watching him fire all his guns and stab the shit out of everything, but I admit he does feel a little lackluster in the DPS department.
I remember back in the day when he was pretty solid. He could mow down anything pretty quickly when he would duel wield those assault rifles :D

Deadly Barrage was pretty epic. It's more a case of newer, more improved characters have been released, along with harder game content. Frank feels exactly like he did a year ago.

I bought the ARMOR chaos portal and I somehow expected something more interesting. I played for about an hour after getting it and the only thing it seems to summon is a tiny deadpool and a tiny groot. Is that all I should expect?

KePoW

Banned
I bought the ARMOR chaos portal and I somehow expected something more interesting. I played for about an hour after getting it and the only thing it seems to summon is a tiny deadpool and a tiny groot. Is that all I should expect?

well the main reason for that item is the +45% summon damage

Gothos

Decided to dustt off Gambit and damn, he's a lot of fun now. The only thing that annoys me about him is this weird, high pitch sound that acompanies Street Sweep skill...

Decided to dustt off Gambit and damn, he's a lot of fun now. The only thing that annoys me about him is this weird, high pitch sound that acompanies Street Sweep skill...

You play this game with sound on? I've had it turned off for a year now. I couldn't even tell you what most of the roster sounds like.

And yes, Gambit is really good right now.

KePoW

Banned
haha you guys

yall realize you can turn down the in-game Music to zero, while still having the sound effects on and playing your own music in the background right?

Volimar

haha you guys

yall realize you can turn down the in-game Music to zero, while still having the sound effects on and playing your own music in the background right?

That's what I do, but if I'm listening to music, my PC automatically makes any music/sfx in a game quieter.

Drayco21

I keep the music turned off, even though I do like that so much of it is remixed Earth's Mightiest Heroes music, and spend most of game time either listening to the Bombcast or the Super Best Friendcast, or I have a playlist of music for each individual character I own and leave that on a loop while I play. Still keep the character audio way up because I'm crazy and actually care about that.

Dec

Honestly, half the time I play Marvel I'm not playing it because I wanted to, I'm playing because I wanted to listen to music and wanted to do something while listening. Music is the important part, so game audio goes.

That said I mute music and leave other sounds barely audible, not completely muted.

Ploid 3.0

I always play these kind of games while listening or watching something else. Everything mute or on a totally different audio channel.

I even play rpgs like Divinity OS muted, I felt no need to keep it's bgm and voice work on after experiencing it for a few hours (there is also a bug with that game where I can hear it even with all audio at 0).

KePoW

Banned
I always play these kind of games while listening or watching something else. Everything mute or on a totally different audio channel.

I even play rpgs like Divinity OS muted, I felt no need to keep it's bgm and voice work on after experiencing it for a few hours (there is also a bug with that game where I can hear it even with all audio at 0).

I can kinda understand people completely muting a MMO or online loot game...

But a single-player story RPG?! datz krazy!!

Perfect multitasking genre.

I play while listening to music for the most part.

Perfect game to listen to the bombcast.

You people get me. Before I even start Marvel Heroes, I fire up Spotify, an audio book, or a podcast. Diablo 2 is my most played game of all-time, and after the first play through I turned off the sound. I couldn't even tell you what the characters sound like in that game, either.

The only games I actually use sound in are ones where it's important to game play (e.g. Counter-Strike), or ones with an interesting story (e.g. single player stuff like Assassin's Creed or Uncharted).

Lord Phol

Gotta have sound effects in my games (especially in a fan service game such as this), but the music in this game is very hit and miss so I turn it down. Usually put on my youtube playlist with game-music or a Two Best Friends video. Don't like playing games to "spotify" music much.

There is some legitimately good music in this game, you just can't hear it most of the time. I usually hear it when I stop fighting so I can make fun of Kepow in chat.

When I used to come home from high school I would play N64 while listening to the radio. I probably played Ocarina of Time and RE2 through about twenty times just so I could listen to stupid shows. I did the same thing with the original Starcraft. That activity kind of stopped until I got into ARPGs and podcasts.

This game has background music? (occasionally I do turn it back on and it gets somewhat nostalgic for my first 50 hours or so of the game)

KePoW

Banned
There is some legitimately good music in this game, you just can't hear it most of the time. I usually hear it when I stop fighting so I can make fun of Kepow in chat.

Haha I turned off music literally the first time I played MH. So I haven't even heard any of it. But I doubt it's any good

Ploid 3.0

I can kinda understand people completely muting a MMO or online loot game...

But a single-player story RPG?! datz krazy!!

It has text for everything. Outside of story talking I'd just be listening to the same background music and npcs talk to each other like the cheese merchant lady.

inky

I've talked about the music before. I wouldn't call it good, but it had this 'arcade brawler' feel I definitely enjoyed back then.

There is some good BGM in this game, but I need to multitask when I'm playing something that I sink insane hours into. I typically watch Netflix on my Laptop while I play. I've been going through Psych lately this way.

Drayco21

I know it's old news by now, but I finally carved out some time and played through the Bronx Zoo One-Shot, and man, I had a whole lot of fun in it. Huge, huge improvement over the Wakanda One-Shot- fun new enemies, visually interesting new area to explore, a fun set of new and low importance bosses and a neat little story. The loot wasn't anything to write home about, but it's been a while since I had this much fun with the content itself, and not just the characters and the process of leveling- makes me look forward to that Skrull Invasion story chapter and their Axis tie-in all the more.

Volimar

I know it's old news by now, but I finally carved out some time and played through the Bronx Zoo One-Shot, and man, I had a whole lot of fun in it. Huge, huge improvement over the Wakanda One-Shot- fun new enemies, visually interesting new area to explore, a fun set of new and low importance bosses and a neat little story. The loot wasn't anything to write home about, but it's been a while since I had this much fun with the content itself, and not just the characters and the process of leveling- makes me look forward to that Skrull Invasion story chapter and their Axis tie-in all the more.

I'm happy you can get cube shards from them now.

Sblargh

Banned
QoL changes is now code for post-52 review, isn't it?

Psylocke almost goes into "it's a new character" territory. Ghost Rider's new mechanic also should make people build him totally different.

Increasing DD's kick thing from 3 to 4 seconds is a QoL change, these are pretty much redesigns.

(salty because of neurotic reasons; when I get my psylocke to lvl 60; everything will change! Every thang! I like to learn a character while leveling, not after... probably gonna prestige her once because of it.)

Yeah, I was also surprised about how much more enjoyable it is compared to the Vibranium Mines. Feels a lot more like a stand-alone story addition, there's a lot more effort in it.

So apparently Ka-Zar was on the release roster early into the development of the game (particularly when heroes were much simpler mechanics-wise). That was pretty funny to me.

LuuKyK

Nova actually has quite a cool powerset. I love his light bomb attacks or whatever. Reminds me of Lux from League of Legends.

The Psylocke review is also pretty amazing. Made her an even better character. Well done Gaz.

J-Tier

So apparently Ka-Zar was on the release roster early into the development of the game (particularly when heroes were much simpler mechanics-wise). That was pretty funny to me.

Ka-Zar, quite the D-lister. Though he could have a great moveset if he can summon Zabu, Shanna, and Devil Dinosaur with Moonboy lol.

Sblargh

Banned
Yeah, I was reading that thread; apparently there would be a lot of heroes at launch, all sharing the same skill pool, with just a unique to differentiate them.

Can you imagine this game even worse than it was at launch?

QoL changes is now code for post-52 review, isn't it?

Psylocke almost goes into "it's a new character" territory. Ghost Rider's new mechanic also should make people build him totally different.

Yeah, it's a combination of several moderate changes that end up making a major difference on the character. Psylocke was already in a good place, but this should make her massive single target damage ability actually work 100% of the time, make her more durable with the barrier, and make her more fun. The only thing left is to buff her signature ability or make it do splash AOE damage, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Top Bottom