• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My only choices for the free hero are Nova, She-hulk, and Iceman (and x-23, but I'm not going to waste it on a 200 splinter char.) I am strongly leaning towards Iceman, and have no interest in greenlady. What is Nova like?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
also this anniversary is gonna be shit without the big ten or some big event with it which seems like there isnt ):

nova got a huge nerf so dont buy him

its weird how birthday cake only drops from week 2 onwards lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You know what you can waste on a 200 splinter hero?

200 splinters.

What the fuck have you been doing I am visibly angry right now.

Never even heard of X-23 until I started playing this game and didn't find Wolverine very fun. I'm sure I'll grab her eventually.

Anoregon

also this anniversary is gonna be shit without the big ten or some big event with it which seems like there isnt ):

Yeah Doomsaw mentioned server-side xp boosts as a month-long thing but no specific event(s) is kind of lame. I am pretty disappointed. They haven't even mentioned any sales.

Indignate

Guys, Moon Knight is a trash hero and people who play him probably like playing other trash heroes that turn into snowballs and fall off hard late game.
ggradiant.gif

Dec

Yeah Doomsaw mentioned server-side xp boosts as a month-long thing but no specific event(s) is kind of lame. I am pretty disappointed. They haven't even mentioned any sales.

They did, I figured queen would post it.

"Yes, there will be some extremely celebratory sales and a few other things throughout the month, but I'll let the people in charge of those areas announce those details when the time comes."

Anoregon

They did, I figured queen would post it.

"Yes, there will be some extremely celebratory sales and a few other things throughout the month, but I'll let the people in charge of those areas announce those details when the time comes."

Oh ok thanks, I must have missed that!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Med Kits now stack to 200

thank fuck for that

patch is up for download on launcher and steam 6.2gb

downloading at 15mb a second is fun :D

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
is this the first time they are actually testing their patches

Servers will need at least an hour of checks / verifies before opening, possibly more.

inky

Path of Exile has many things that would benefit every ARPG greatly. Flasks were a bit cumbersome at launch but at this point they are an essential part of your build, not just healing items.

There are many kinds, they have rarity and affixes and refill by killing stuff, not just going back to town. I expect the medtkits thing to be more like Diablo 3's solution whicb is just the same higher rarity item for everyone.

Dec

is this the first time they are actually testing their patches

Servers will need at least an hour of checks / verifies before opening, possibly more.

Nah they always do it. It isn't to check the patch for bugs but for deploy problems.

Path of Exile has many things that would benefit every ARPG greatly. Flasks were a bit cumbersome at launch but at this point they are an essential part of your build, not just healing items.

There are many kinds, they have rarity and affixes and refill by killing stuff, not just going back to town. I expect the medtkits thing to be more like Diablo 3's solution whicb is just the same higher rarity item for everyone.

I don't play the game, just trying to give a base level of explanation of what unique medkits could be. I wouldn't make any assumptions about their implementation considering how early it is and how open Gaz is to feedback.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im thinking the suprise team up will be howard the duck considering same week is armor event they both correlate

A special ops combat team assembled by A.R.M.O.R. to stop the zombies of Earth-12591.

The Ducky Dozen is composed of the well-trained,and hardened veterans led by Howard the Duck.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

doomsaw said he was certain there were "big celebratory sales" coming, but he deferred to letting the people in charge announce them.

I also expect the true leveling experience (figuratively, not literal points) of team ups to be much less harsh than people are freaking out over. I mean we are definitely talking hours of grinding per team up, but the most dedicated (with serious boosts) will probably be able to hit the typical 2-4 hour mark I am willing to bet.

Tendo

Haven't played Nova in awhile but he is still my best geared 60 - what happened to him?

Bladelaw

Haven't played Nova in awhile but he is still my best geared 60 - what happened to him?

His Blast Off! power had a bug fixed that was letting it do double damage on the front and back end against large hitboxes.

He lost power duration on his sig.

The Cosmic Combo/Back Blast Off thing seems to have been removed, making much tougher to get the back blast damage while combo-ing.

Wasp Team-Up lost the movement bonus damage...then got it back in the "style" selection of Team-Up 2.0

Tendo

His Blast Off! power had a bug fixed that was letting it do double damage on the front and back end against large hitboxes.

He lost power duration on his sig.

The Cosmic Combo/Back Blast Off thing seems to have been removed, making much tougher to get the back blast damage while combo-ing.

Wasp Team-Up lost the movement bonus damage...then got it back in the "style" selection of Team-Up 2.0

:( I wonder if it would be better to go back to the pulsar build. Total bummer :/

Bladelaw

3 hours!?

Just when I was in the mood to play (Haven't played all week)

smh

Any time I see posts like this I think of that bit near the end of Scott Pilgrim where Gideon is complaining about how long it took to gather the info to create the League of Evil Exes.

Fun fact, Mr. F is and has always been a viable and good hero. His ttk is basically the same as Thor's for example, he is just never played because of his animation priority.

With this patch tidying some up, making his channel able to be canceled and being able to use medkits at full health, he should be more sturdy in stuff like CMM and AXIS.

I don't think you will like him if you didn't like him before, he is not changing drastically and despite being extremely unpopular he is actually a high-tier hero.

What's funny for me is I found Reed a blast to play up until the level cap. He died too easily in cosmics due to channeled skills and animation locks, but he could blow stuff up. I consider the positron emitter to be one of the cooler looking skills in game (FREAKING RAY GUN!), but using it would get you killed too often.

I'm very interested in testing him out. He puts out very strong damage and has neat looking abilities. He was one of the first big cooldown style characters that Gaz introduced in game, and I really love that style. Rolling cooldown characters are so chill to play. You don't have to worry at all about spirit sustaining, and you just jump from one heavy hitting cooldown to the next. Really fun stuff.

My current interest based on the patch notes are:
1. Doom (just as a summoner, don't give a crap about the rest)
2. Mr. Fantastic (new animations, same fun character)
3. Nightcrawler (top notch leveling experience, getting some boosts for 60 play)
4. Spider-Man (one of the biggest letdowns in the game so far, hopefully this rectifies that)
5. Rocket (summoner revamp? Summoner revamp!)

If Magik drops in the near future and she is a pure summoner a la Diablo 2 Necromancer, I'll dump everything for her.

Anoregon

Doom is Doom, but other than that I am really looking forward to checking out how Nightcrawler and Taskmaster are doing. TM got some nice buffs but he isn't getting an unique love this patch, which is a shame

and I guess I'll see what Thing is like.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I hope to play with you guys this month. Been in the SG for awhile but still soloing. Would be nice to play with some peeps who know what they are doing and have uber gear that I can marvel at.

I hope to play with you guys this month. Been in the SG for awhile but still soloing. Would be nice to play with some peeps who know what they are doing and have uber gear that I can marvel at.

Most of us who have been playing from the get go have an overabundance of good gear, but the hero you are looking for is Declarius. He's our 1% overlord.

Dec

What's funny for me is I found Reed a blast to play up until the level cap. He died too easily in cosmics due to channeled skills and animation locks, but he could blow stuff up. I consider the positron emitter to be one of the cooler looking skills in game (FREAKING RAY GUN!), but using it would get you killed too often..

His unique review mostly added defensive affixes to his items besides slot 1 so his survivability jumped a bit with that, plus todays changes he should be in a good spot. The slot 1 rework made Stretch Punch and Barrage viable alternatives (and I think Stretch Punch is better for single target) to Positron which is welcome.

I use two builds depending on what I'm doing where the only difference is maxing Positron or Stretch Punch. Positron is great for anything aoe since it pierces but for stuff like raiding I use Stretch Punch.

They recently fixed a bug that caused the +30% damage to elite units power affix to not work on raid bosses so that pushed Stretch Punch up a lot.

What's Doom's Movement skill? Please let it be some sort of Teleportation like Wanda's Chaos Shift.

He has a medium range teleport and flight, both free of course.

Volimar

Most of us who have been playing from the get go have an overabundance of good gear, but the hero you are looking for is Declarius. He's our 1% overlord.

It was always fun clearing cosmics with him. Watching him clear super fast while I just tried to stay alive on Squirrel Girl...

His unique review mostly added defensive affixes to his items besides slot 1 so his survivability jumped a bit with that, plus todays changes he should be in a good spot. The slot 1 rework made Stretch Punch and Barrage viable alternatives (and I think Stretch Punch is better for single target) to Positron which is welcome.

I use two builds depending on what I'm doing where the only difference is maxing Positron or Stretch Punch. Positron is great for anything aoe since it pierces but for stuff like raiding I use Stretch Punch.

They recently fixed a bug that caused the +30% damage to elite units power affix to not work on raid bosses so that pushed Stretch Punch up a lot.

How would you rate him compared to Juggs and Surfer? I've always been tempted to grab him but have heard better things about the other two.

So, with retcons going away, what are we going to be able to do with the hundreds of retcons some of us have taking up space? Since most of them were rewards, I how we get something for them.

With the token, I'm probably going to get Vision. There aren't that many heros I don't have.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So, with retcons going away, what are we going to be able to do with the hundreds of retcons some of us have taking up space? Since most of them were rewards, I how we get something for them.

With the token, I'm probably going to get Vision. There aren't that many heros I don't have.

you will be given a trade in item for them today that can either be vendored, or used as currency for minor rewards (apparently the most expensive being 200 retcons for a variant pet)

I managed to clean up 32 more last night putting me at 103.. hoping that the pet is in fact 100, and the 200 retcon reward is something... else.. :p

Indignate

It was always fun clearing cosmics with him. Watching him clear super fast while I just tried to stay alive on Squirrel Girl...

That's weird because my Squirrel Girl usually has to carry him just like I have to carry him late game when he falls off cuz he picked Tusk.
bts_watermelon.gif

I managed to clean up 32 more last night putting me at 103.. hoping that the pet is in fact 100, and the 200 retcon reward is something... else.. :p

200 retcons is the only way to get Magik.

How would you rate him compared to Juggs and Surfer? I've always been tempted to grab him but have heard better things about the other two.

I would put him on the same level of fun, personally. Great animations, and like Tragic said, fun rotation. You'd see a lot more Mr. Fs if most people didn't just outright dislike the guy. He's a great character.

Dec

He's very different to them I think.

He actually works very uniquely. He gets 30% increased damage done for using 3 cooldown powers, he reduces all of his cooldowns by 1 second every time he gets a brutal or critical strike and has an ability he can activate that instantly resets all of his cooldowns (including his signature which is incredible) that has a 1 minute cooldown itself.

He is all about rolling through a kit of cooldown powers with some light filler in the gaps.

There are 3 powers that fill that rotation gap really nicely and that are fun and equally viable. That adds some personal preference to him that can be fun.

In the past his greatest weakness in my opinion was travel options. His dash had a gross animation lock up that is being resolved today. Also his animation priority, since he uses only abilities with cooldowns and those tend to be abilities that have over the top animations and high damage packets he would be stuck in animations a large portion of his rotation.

That is still largely going to happen but this patch they have cut some of the animations slightly shorter to let you get out of them faster.

He has had a lot of survivability updates lately and in general has everything he needs to survive. Projectile Deflection, a massive self heal, constitution, 20% negation etc.

So he doesn't compare that well to those two especially since they are mobile and he is not but I also have not played Silver Surfer past level 20 something.

He has a 30-32 second ttk, is hilarious to play (his animations are really enjoyable) and is unique from every other hero. Also he has absolutely no spirit problems which is very refreshing.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The start of our Ascending Anniversary XP Bonus! 22% starting today and increasing by another 22% every day, resetting for the next week's patch!

Additionally, Retcon Devices have been converted to Ancient Forgotten Devices and stack up to 9999. You can exchange them at Clea for various different items, including a special pet, Reliquaries of Rarity, and Mysterious Crimson Boxes.

team ups

Affixes No Longer Used

The following have been replaced (as listed above) and will not appear on new team-up gear. The affixes will remain on existing gear.

Specific Types of Damage Negation (Damage Negation on Team-Up Gear is universal)
Crit Chance For Players
Tenacity
Move Speed
Crafting
You can now unbind team-up gear with the "Unbind any Armor, Weapon, Insignia, or Artifact" crafting recipe.

General Tuning

Tuning may be off on certain hero powers or team-up powers given the large round of changes. These will be identified very quickly with metrics from the live server and adjust in the next patch(es) as needed.

I'm also solidly in the loving Mr. F category. I raided with him for a while too, his damage has always been fine, but as others mentioned his animation locks made him a bit tough to survive. I always enjoyed dying during slag because I hit positron emitter at the wrong time.

If you time him right though, he feels great to play.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Good, I'll finally be able to get Iron Man cosmic from 55 to 60 in a reasonable time frame at 7x22% server side exp

Top Bottom