• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Changed it to these catch up potions. Also they require an insane amount of XP to hit level 60. Something over 120 billion (which is more than it takes to level a character three times from 1-60).

What the fuck?

Even more bad news. Doom's Sorcery spec (the one most people like) is busted and won't be fixed till the Friday bug fix patch. Yeah that's right, there are so many bugs, they're already planning a patch the following day to fix them. Screw delays!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Even more bad news. Doom's Sorcery spec (the one most people like) is busted and won't be fixed till the Friday bug fix patch. Yeah that's right, there are so many bugs, they're already planning a patch the following day to fix them. Screw delays!

Lol. Well I was only going to log in for rewards anyway until I'm done with witcher (which is busted in its own way) but sucks for people that are going to play

Have no idea which Team-Up I will level first.

I have them all, but I pair them all with different characters. She-Hulk with Hulk, Bill with Thor etc.. So it'll be tough to pick my starter.

I imagine I'll probably do She-Hulk (Hulk's team-up) though, or possibly Quicksilver (Scarlet Witch's team-up) as they're my main/go-to's now.

Rhaknar

Like deadpool all my team ups are paired canon-wise so I'll level up whichever is paired with whoever im using atm

But if they start at low level and aren't immune, they will last out even LESS time now... what the fuck are they thinking?

Gothos

Wow, Gaz hitting new lows. Reading last 2 pages is sad... What the FUCK Gaz?
Anyway, glad I didn't spend any money on this game in the last 6 months. They seriously need to step up their game...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Erm i already posted about those team up but u guys completely ignored it at time

I said when tc went up this week they took over 2 of the level 60 instant pots to get yo to max

Rhaknar

Erm i already posted about those team up but u guys completely ignored it at time

I said when tc went up this week they took over 2 of the level 60 instant pots to get yo to max

actually not even joking but when you post giant pictures along with your posts, can you blame people for maybe missing them lol. its not even a "OMG PRETTY LADY" thing, its a "OMG THAT PICTURE IS HUGE" thing

so what about team ups then? are you saying that theres a potion for lvl 60? if thats the case why not just make them lvl 60 from the start.

You post a lot of things boo

also this

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoy your t posed doctor doom this is one of his skills and ryolnir confirmed it wont be fixed till atleast next week
8Fm1vF4.png

Also on tc theres n instant level 60 pot what i meabt was using that pot for testing team ups it took like 3.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
My gripe with the leveling teamsups basically adds another huge stepping stone for having multiple alts especially who are different dmg types

Rhaknar

My gripe with the leveling teamsups basically adds another huge stepping stone for having multiple alts especially who are different dmg types

thats fine the game only has 6 characters like the other action rpgs

oh wait

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
thats fine the game only has 6 characters like the other action rpgs

oh wait

yup i made a thread on the forums with this as my post

im not asking to rush but a team up taking 3 times as long as my hero to reach max level is a bit insane let alone they are meant to be a supporting class. nevermind the fact we have over 40 heroes with varying damage types. how does this remotely promote people wanting to buy multiple team ups anymore ?

im dreading playing ms marvel scarlet and captain my basically 3 main heroes because they are all different damage types so will all use different team ups.

this isnt going to increase team up sales people are just going to stick with what they have and dread the endless grind when a new releases.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Besides the pet variant at 200 retcons, do we have any idea of the other things we can get or their prices?

nope doomsaw said earlier in the week they will put out the list before patch then yesterday editied his post to say they wont lol

nope doomsaw said earlier in the week they will put out the list before patch then yesterday editied his post to say they wont lol

Was tempted to try and grind out to 200 retcons (only had 74) but I think I'll stick at 100, it's really boring running Bullseye.

I don't really need a pet anyway, hopefully the other stuff available is decent although I do wonder why Doomsaw won't release the info in it.

Tendo

Having recently read Hickman's FF, avengers, and now obsessed with all things Secret Wars all this Doom news really bums me out. I have been so hype for him the last few weeks but his model looks meh and he sounds like he does awful in game. This is not how I expected things to go for the God Emperor!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Remind me why we still play this game.

Because for the most part it is fun and well-designed with a respectable, engaged dev team.

It's the game's 2nd birthday! It's a celebration bitches, it aint the day for hate! As i mentioned earlier the whole hassle of leveling your team-ups is a very temporary issue. We are all going to have the team-ups we actually use at 60 (or at least high enough to be useful) by the end of this weekend and never have to worry about it again. The xp curve for them is very back-loaded, if you are level 60 and bring a fresh teamup out in any content, they are going to be like 20 almost instantly and at that point are already fairly durable.

Gaz actually did listen to and effectively respond to/implement changes based on Doom TC feedback, to the point where the build a few days ago had fairly unanimous praise from all the doom testers. Yesterday's build fucked things up, of course, but it's good to know that at least part of that is bugs that will be fixed tomorrow and not entirely "we decided to nerf him because fuck you."

Today is a day of days!

jbhZANZzsN1fZ6.png

Rhaknar

Because for the most part it is fun and well-designed with a respectable, engaged dev team.

It's the game's 2nd birthday! It's a celebration bitches, it aint the day for hate! As i mentioned earlier the whole hassle of leveling your team-ups is a very temporary issue. We are all going to have the team-ups we actually use at 60 (or at least high enough to be useful) by the end of this weekend and never have to worry about it again. The xp curve for them is very back-loaded, if you are level 60 and bring a fresh teamup out in any content, they are going to be like 20 almost instantly and at that point are already fairly durable.

And to you idiots that use more than 1 team-up, fuck you haha we already got your money

Dec

Using "over 3x the xp it takes to level to 60" as a descriptor of how much xp team ups require to level is purposely making it seem awful.

If you put a legendary on a hero at level 1 then prestiged them 3 times you wouldn't finish it either. It'll take a few hours of doing high level content and you'll never have to do it again.

Non-issue.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
And to you idiots that use more than 1 team-up, fuck you haha we already got your money

I use 6 or so teamups (and will probably end up using all the ones I have now with the new system) and I still don't really see it as more than a minor inconvenience, if that. Magik, Coulson, Horsethor, and Drax are all folks I am looking forward to having as active teamup bros, and I will end up leveling domino and one of the groots as well.

Using "over 3x the xp it takes to level to 60" as a descriptor of how much xp team ups require to level is purposely making it seem awful.

If you put a legendary on a hero at level 1 then prestiged them 3 times you wouldn't finish it either. It'll take a few hours of doing high level content and you'll never have to do it again.

Non-issue.

Pretty much any event with boosted cosmic XP (or xp in general) will make taskmaster farming result in max level teamups in like 20 minutes or some shit, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get something like that when patch is up for the anniversary.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
thats hilarious they moved my thread from general discussion to the test center like dafug

patch is 6.2gb

Dec

Fun fact, Mr. F is and has always been a viable and good hero. His ttk is basically the same as Thor's for example, he is just never played because of his animation priority.

With this patch tidying some up, making his channel able to be canceled and being able to use medkits at full health, he should be more sturdy in stuff like CMM and AXIS.

I don't think you will like him if you didn't like him before, he is not changing drastically and despite being extremely unpopular he is actually a high-tier hero.

Wallach

Gaz actually did listen to and effectively respond to/implement changes based on Doom TC feedback, to the point where the build a few days ago had fairly unanimous praise from all the doom testers.

Two builds before the last one he was also doing about 4 million DPS, so... I'm sure he was getting a lot of praise.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
shame they didnt listen to the thing testers no changes in latest patches hes in a horrible state and people offered great feedback to be told no changes.

you them have doom being in a pretty good place just need some fine tuning and instead we got a few skills nerfed into oblivion cough. yea torment needing tweaking but they dialed it down to 0. you then have his passive skills bugs. his summons being nerfed into oblivion aswell. him and thing could be in the running for worst hero / review of the year so far

and people are saying war machine and kitty and a hero review coming in same month will be ok haha no

Anoregon

Two builds before the last one he was also doing about 4 million DPS, so... I'm sure he was getting a lot of praise.

Well, I was specifically talking about build/mechanics changes (Spec/skill changes that opened up more hybrid build options, for example), not numbers.

him and thing could be in the running for worst hero / review of the year so far
I think Thing definitely got hurt by just being a relatively unpopular/less-played hero in the same patch as a bunch of shit people are way more interested in, so he didn't get the focus he otherwise would have.

Wallach

shame they didnt listen to the thing testers no changes in latest patches hes in a horrible state and people offered great feedback to be told no changes.

you them have doom being in a pretty good place just need some fine tuning and instead we got a few skills nerfed into oblivion cough. yea torment needing tweaking but they dialed it down to 0. you then have his passive skills bugs. his summons being nerfed into oblivion aswell. him and thing could be in the running for worst hero / review of the year so far

He wasn't in a horrible state (Doom, that is). Sorcery was the only one that was over 35 seconds in TTK because of the bugs. The Tech build was still sub-30 and the summon build was about 4 seconds slower. I'm not sure what kind of DPS people were expecting, but he didn't need just "tweaking"; in the Monday build he was absurdly broken DPS-wise. He was very close to getting single digit kill times.

Anoregon

Also I just realized the list of things Doomsaw mentioned as weekly freebies for June does not include a costume (specific like last year or a random box), and that's kind of a bummer.

Dec

I think Thing definitely got hurt by just being a relatively unpopular/less-played hero in the same patch as a bunch of shit people are way more interested in, so he didn't get the focus he otherwise would have.

His feedback forum was posted in more than anything except Doom's and barely behind his. There was a lot of feedback and people were very shocked when they put up a new TC build last night that said "no changes...".

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
and it begins people already doing ttk tests on team ups haha

Agent Coulson - 1:53
Arachne - 2:40
Wolverine - 1:50
Clea - 2:13
Dr Doom - 2:47
Drax - 2:32
Domino - 2:26
Gamora - 2:16
Havok - 2:33
Spider-man - 2:20
Magik - 2:09
Firestar - 2:21
Quicksilver - 2:10
Groot - 2:54
Spider-woman - 2:41
Falcon - 2:44
Wasp - 2:45
Deadpool - 2:15
Thor - 2:09
She-Hulk - 2:37

alot of people are saying clea is best due to
She has competitive dps along with Constitution/power/toughness a 25% damage mitigation for 3 seconds and a 3k heal.
this benefits the player for around 40% of the time

also Arachne applies 100% uptime of vuln and weaken

Anoregon

hah, doom as the worst teamup damage. Clearly a malfunctioning Doombot.

I noticed there is no Bill on the list, but he is identical to Thor power-wise I think.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
full schedule for month

Here’s how the schedule looks for the month:

Week One (This Week):

Birthday Present! -- Birthday Cake Mark 2 Login Gift!
- Dr. Doom is released
- Thing’s Level 52 Design Review launches
- Team-Up System 2.0 launches
- Permanent Retcons are Permanent launches

Week Two

Birthday Present! -- Free Hero of Your Choice
Plus, birthday cake slices drop and players can create more Birthday Cakes!

Week Three

Birthday Present! -- Free New Surprise Pet for Everyone! Dance!
Plus, the return of COWPOCALYPSE
Plus, the biggest Play with Devs event yet!

Week Four

Birthday Present! -- Free New Surprise Team-Up to Celebrate Team-Up Mark 2!
Plus, the return of the revamped A.R.M.O.R. Incursion Event!

Throughout the Month

Tuning Upgrades, More Unique Reviews, Bug Fixes, Quality of Life Stuff, Live Streams, server side exp boosts,another Team-Up from the Advance Pack, etc.

Dec

Yea I've been talking about Clea in sg chat a bit. She has Strange's ground aoe buff and his team damage shield that gives health regen when on.

If you want a team up that is always out dealing damage but also giving you good buffs she is really good.

Anoregon

His feedback forum was posted in more than anything except Doom's and barely behind his. There was a lot of feedback and people were very shocked when they put up a new TC build last night that said "no changes...".

Sorry, what I meant was focus from gaz, not from the players on TC. Doom was pretty clearly a higher priority, and Teamup 2.0 is also quite important on their end. I know different teams and all that, but I get the feeling with a patch this big they tend to get spread thin.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
atleast he isnt breaking the trend of fantastic 4 heroes being shit :D

doom is locked out of the token.

you can pick any hero up until before doom. the token can be kept for up to 2 years but doesnt change who you can pick.

doomsaw just edited shedule more

Throughout the Month

Tuning Upgrades, More Unique Reviews, Bug Fixes, Quality of Life Stuff, Live Streams, server side exp boosts,another Team-Up from the Advance Pack, etc.

well we know next week ms marvel is getting her uniques looked at

Dec

Sorry, what I meant was focus from gaz, not from the players on TC. Doom was pretty clearly a higher priority, and Teamup 2.0 is also quite important on their end. I know different teams and all that, but I get the feeling with a patch this big they tend to get spread thin.

Ah I see, my bad.

"Free hero of your choice"

Surely everyone will just wait until then for Doom?

It is a vendor being added to the game specifically for this coupon and he only stocks heroes released prior to today.

Top Bottom