• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
it would suck. It's already been pointed out a ton of times that controller worked for Diablo 3 because Blizz basically redid a sizable chunk of the game to work with a controller (added universal dodge, reduced/changed mob density, altered aimed power behavior, etc) D3 on consoles is awesome, don't get me wrong.. but it IS basically a noticeably different game. I doubt Gaz is big enough to put that kind of manpower behind essentially a completely separate release (and separate servers, etc)

also, im so broke (in game) its not even funny :(

does any (sane) player actually loot drops for selling? Or does everyone just accept the 99% vacuum convenience charge?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I love the idea of playing this on my PS4 and nice big TV, but I use 2 bars on half my chars as is. Controller support would be tricky.

does any (sane) player actually loot drops for selling? Or does everyone just accept the 99% vacuum convenience charge?

Vendoring gear was never an efficient way to get credits anyway. Items are only worth like 140 credits or something, right? That's way less than the standard credit pile drop at 60 as is.

styl3s

I see you get extra G when you buy through the game but does that also work if i was to buy the G through amazon and redeem on their site? I got some amazon credit burning a hole in my pocket.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I love the idea of playing this on my PS4 and nice big TV, but I use 2 bars on half my chars as is. Controller support would be tricky.

if i can play Scholar in FFXIV:ARR with a controller, anything is possibel

it would suck. It's already been pointed out a ton of times that controller worked for Diablo 3 because Blizz basically redid a sizable chunk of the game to work with a controller (added universal dodge, reduced/changed mob density, altered aimed power behavior, etc) D3 on consoles is awesome, don't get me wrong.. but it IS basically a noticeably different game. I doubt Gaz is big enough to put that kind of manpower behind essentially a completely separate release (and separate servers, etc)

there is a huge user base to sell to, though

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I see you get extra G when you buy through the game but does that also work if i was to buy the G through amazon and redeem on their site? I got some amazon credit burning a hole in my pocket.

Naa, G's though code redemption (like through cards or amazon) are totally self-contained, they do not get effected/boosted by anything else.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

no. steam wallet cash works tho (dat card money)

Anoregon

I'm still at work so can't check, but what happened to crafter recipes that required a retcon, like the one that refunds a legendary back to 300 odinmarks? Did they just remove the retcon requirement outright, or replace it with something?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
if i can play Scholar in FFXIV:ARR with a controller, anything is possibel

there is a huge user base to sell to, though
as I get told a billion times (I LOVE FFXIV PS4), FFXIV is a) an MMORPG, not ARPG, b) with a 2.5s GCD. Most believe (I don't have an opinion) that a shorter GCD would make FFXIV a much different (worse) experience on the controller.

the other problem though comes down to effort vs. reward. Again, Diablo 3 could do it because it had the backing of the Diablo name, and was selling a full priced ($60) game. With MH being f2p (and truly f2p at that) revenue by default is going to be smaller and more drawn out.

I know they've basically all but said a PS4 version is in the works.. but man... I worry about either it's quality or actual ability to make it to market. Truth be told though, I would LOVE to be proven wrong. Even better, I'd love to be proven wrong while tying it all to my existing account ;)

no. "alternative" payment methods can be steam, paypal, and that might be it. the closest you might be able to get is like someone else said.. somehow turn the amazon credit into steam credit, and then use steam.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
They are working on console the 2 barriers stopping them is the ui n being able to control ground aoe n stuff. This is where the wii u tablet is effective u could easily press a button then touch screen where u want aoe etc

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm still at work so can't check, but what happened to crafter recipes that required a retcon, like the one that refunds a legendary back to 300 odinmarks? Did they just remove the retcon requirement outright, or replace it with something?

its free now, just did it to doom's power cosmic

Anoregon

its free now, just did it to doom's power cosmic

You can't turn a Power Cosmic into 300 odinmarks tho... you might be thinking of the other recipe,e the one that just unbinds and resets a legendary.

Rhaknar

You can't turn a Power Cosmic into 300 odinmarks tho... you might be thinking of the other recipe,e the one that just unbinds and resets a legendary.

yeah, which one did you ask about?

Anoregon

yeah, which one did you ask about?

There is a recipe that will turn a regular (non-GLF/event) legendary back into 300 odinmarks. It used to cost a retcon, but since those arent a thing anymore I am wondering if it's just essentially free.

Rhaknar

There is a recipe that will turn a regular (non-GLF/event) legendary back into 300 odinmarks. It used to cost a retcon, but since those arent a thing anymore I am wondering if it's just essentially free.

uses a pure nanotech element now (the yellow ones). checked that just for you, now off to bed

please dont eat my dreams yogg saron

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Over christmas i leveled venom from 1 to 60 in 36 minutes i was running 1400% xp base not sure what server side took that too.

Ill be giving out random gifts to people in supergroup in coming days as part to say thanks for all the fun and all the help we give each other

Lord Phol

Never though I would say these words but Thing is pretty fun so far. He even got me the Holosim Grandmaster Title, good lad!

Over christmas i leveled venom from 1 to 60 in 36 minutes i was running 1400% xp base not sure what server side took that too.

Ill be giving out random gifts to people in supergroup in coming days as part to say thanks for all the fun and all the help we give each other

Even Kepow, though?

Speaking of which, Kepow has given me at least two cards in game, maybe three. He has inspired me to be more generous and a better person in life.
Dat racism/sexism/bigamy, though...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Dayum!!!!!

LuuKyK

Kepow sent me hate messages on steam because apparently I am "hating" on Fallout 4. Lol what!? All I said is that the dog from the trailer looked weird (and it did!).

Indignate

Fallout 4 just looks like another Bethesda game.

Like straight up. If you told me that trailer was just a mod for Skyrim (or just Fallout 3) I might believe you.

Kepow sent me hate messages on steam because apparently I am "hating" on Fallout 4. Lol what!? All I said is that the dog from the trailer looked weird (and it did!).

Typical Kepow trolling. He creates a nonsensical argument for you and gets pissed at you for feeling that way. Happens to me almost daily on Steam chat or Marvel Heroes private messages.

That latest is that I hate Marvel/Disney because I don't think Fox is doing a damn thing wrong by holding onto the X-Men and Fantastic Four forever. Marvel agreed to the perpetuity contract so it's case closed. Kepow thinks they should turn both properties back over out of the kindness of their collective hearts. "Why do you hate Marvel, bro?!? Don't you wanna see X-Men and the Avengers together??? Comix!"

Anoregon

uses a pure nanotech element now (the yellow ones). checked that just for you, now off to bed

please dont eat my dreams yogg saron

thanks bro
MADNESS WILL CONSUME YOU

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
fucking steam support is shit. 5 days waiting on a refund request...

Drayco21

Weird; I have been talking mad shit about Fallout 4, and he messaged me the other day about the X-Men. We even talked in the SG chat about games and how I'm always mad at them.

Maybe Kepow is secretly racist against Gaffers too, and think we all look the same.

Today I was playing summoner Doom, with whom I summoned massive amounts of summons, because that's what summoner Doom excels at: Summoning summons from the summoner tree.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
marvel anniversary selfie :D

stgzV5y.jpg

Today I was playing summoner Doom, with whom I summoned massive amounts of summons, because that's what summoner Doom excels at: Summoning summons from the summoner tree.

Right. I even like the left and middle trees, where he does stuff like summon energy beams from his fingers, or summon the courage to perform a deadly foot dive.

Right. I even like the left and middle trees, where he does stuff like summon energy beams from his fingers, or summon the courage to perform a deadly foot dive.

My favourite is the power where he pulls out his luger gun and summons his summons to attack a certain target with it.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking for a new grindy game to occupy me when I'm not in the mood for really involved multiplayer or singleplayer games (basically when I want to turn my brain off). I played a little bit of this game last year and enjoyed the little bit that I played (used Scarlet Witch and got to the Avengers Tower area).

Basically I'm wondering what to expect from this game - is it similar to Diablo 3? I enjoyed what I played of D3 but you can blast through the campaign in like 4-5 hours and then you're basically stuck replaying it on different difficulties. Is there more content in this game?

Also how extreme are the F2P aspects? Is there a way to acquire characters/costumes/gear using in-game mechanics? Or do they pretty much force you into spending real money to get these things?

Anoregon

I actually lol'd

I'm looking for a new grindy game to occupy me when I'm not in the mood for really involved multiplayer or singleplayer games (basically when I want to turn my brain off). I played a little bit of this game last year and enjoyed the little bit that I played (used Scarlet Witch and got to the Avengers Tower area).

That's why I'm playing this game too! :D

Basically I'm wondering what to expect from this game - is it similar to Diablo 3? I enjoyed what I played of D3 but you can blast through the campaign in like 4-5 hours and then you're basically stuck replaying it on different difficulties. Is there more content in this game?

There's plenty of content, but in a way, it'll all come down to grinding. Aside from the story mode (which is going to undergo an overhaul soonish, but currently is pretty boring), there's various other modes that you unlock at correspondent levels.
There's terminals (i.e. repeats of story mode dungeons but with better loot and chances at exclusive gear), a couple of endless modes for single- and multi-player, there's the patrol zones which are basically a big map in which you have endlessly respawning mobs and bosses with events/boss waves spawning every once in a while. Most of these modes have a "cosmic" variation, which is basically the super difficult version but yields the best loot.
Then of course there's raids, as well as various additional "sidequests" (achievements, legendary quests that give you a task for high XP and a gear-based currency called Odin Marks, and daily shared quests that send you through various modes for big loot chests).
There's a lot of stuff to do, but it's never going to feel particularly un-grindy. If you don't mind that aspect, the game is great.

Also how extreme are the F2P aspects? Is there a way to acquire characters/costumes/gear using in-game mechanics? Or do they pretty much force you into spending real money to get these things?

You can get gear pretty much only by playing the game.
When you make a new account, you can try almost every hero up to level 10, see what you like, and then pick the one you like best as your main. During your regular gameplay, there's an in-game currency called Eternity Splinters that you can exchange at a vendor for heroes or team-ups (i.e. companions; also note that some of those are exclusive to pre-orders and other money-based stuff).
Finally, for costumes, they're not all that easy to get without spending money. If you reach max level with a character (60), you can prestige them, resetting your level back to 1 and giving you a free costume.
I think you can only get 1 costume per character prestiging? But I might be wrong here, I'm sure the other people in here will correct me in that case.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

There's plenty of content, but in a way, it'll all come down to grinding. Aside from the story mode (which is going to undergo an overhaul soonish, but currently is pretty boring), there's various other modes that you unlock at correspondent levels.
There's terminals (i.e. repeats of story mode dungeons but with better loot and chances at exclusive gear), a couple of endless modes for single- and multi-player, there's the patrol zones which are basically a big map in which you have endlessly respawning mobs and bosses with events/boss waves spawning every once in a while. Most of these modes have a "cosmic" variation, which is basically the super difficult version but yields the best loot.
Then of course there's raids, as well as various additional "sidequests" (achievements, legendary quests that give you a task for high XP and a gear-based currency called Odin Marks, and daily shared quests that send you through various modes for big loot chests).
There's a lot of stuff to do, but it's never going to feel particularly un-grindy. If you don't mind that aspect, the game is great.

When you make a new account, you can try almost every hero up to level 10, see what you like, and then pick the one you like best as your main. During your regular gameplay, there's an in-game currency called Eternity Splinters that you can exchange at a vendor for heroes or team-ups (i.e. companions; also note that some of those are exclusive to pre-orders and other money-based stuff).
Finally, for costumes, they're not all that easy to get without spending money. If you reach max level with a character (60), you can prestige them, resetting your level back to 1 and giving you a free costume.
I think you can only get 1 costume per character prestiging? But I might be wrong here, I'm sure the other people in here will correct me in that case.

I think you get a costume every time you prestige, but you'll have to trade in three of them to get a random new one.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Cool, thanks for the extensive write-up! I'll probably give the game a go - I often find myself sitting at my computer after work wanting to play something but not being able to muster up the energy to power through Dark Souls 2 or playing a round of Insurgency. It sounds like this game might fill that role quite well.

squadr0n

Regarding the Team up 2.0 update, have they announced a date yet for Angel or ArchAngel? Speaking of ArchAngel, is he only available to those who pre order the advance pack, buy the pack after release, or is he just exclusive to them for a month and will be available separately for everyone else to buy?

Dec

By the way... this is the broken Earth X Thor. It is using all the male models animations and everything is in the wrong spot with a hilarious posture. It is like this 100% of the time since the patch.

BczbwS0.jpg

Regarding the Team up 2.0 update, have they announced a date yet for Angel or ArchAngel? Speaking of ArchAngel, is he only available to those who pre order the advance pack, buy the pack after release, or is he just exclusive to them for a month and will be available separately for everyone else to buy?

I think it's usually the last one: exclusivity for a month.

Top Bottom