• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Just want to clarify the gifting g store items doesn't have a barrier everyone here will get something if there is something you would prefer then do tell me before.

This is just my little gift because i enjoy playing with you all n talk crap to you :D

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Her default. The other look like ass. Does binary still have the bald issue ?

Also fear itself is later this ill switch to that then

I use warbird because I blendered it (or maybe got it from bogo? not sure.) It totally makes her butt look great.
/hoya

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
2 days, 6 hours

Really only thinking Doom is "meh" so far. Not sure why they didn't give him a (semi-)permanent summon from the start. Sucks that you have to get to 47 to get that. At least with SG and RR you get (essentially) perms-summons from the start with them.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The winner of the sacred necklace is red arremer. Ms marvels total play time is 6 days 4 hours.

Really only thinking Doom is "meh" so far. Not sure why they didn't give him a (semi-)permanent summon from the start. Sucks that you have to get to 47 to get that. At least with SG and RR you get (essentially) perms-summons from the start with them.

It's level 42, innit? But I do agree with you. I leveled him fully as a summoner and it wasn't fun until then. I will say that his performance at 60 is vastly better. I'm up to 600%+ summon damage and he's really strong. Held my own better than I anticipated in the red raid last night.

The winner of the sacred necklace is red arremer. Ms marvels total play time is 6 days 4 hours.

Congrats! Very nice of you to do that, Queen. Back to farming Man-Ape for me, haha.

-------

Any suggestions on Spider-Man versus Mr. Fantastic? I'm leaning towards the web crawler since I never even played him at 60 before. Is he fun?

Any suggestions on Spider-Man versus Mr. Fantastic? I'm leaning towards the web crawler since I never even played him at 60 before. Is he fun?

Reed is very fun to play, imo. I haven't played Spidey in a long time, but he also seemed pretty fun to play as well. I don't think you can make a bad choice regardless of whom you pick.

Based on what Dec was telling me before Reed is more viable than Spidey but Spidey is by no means bad.

Fun-wise Spidey is very nice. Lots of jumping and movement, you can easily build something that feels like Spidey should.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
No problem :) my plan is come next week everyone has had something.

My spiderman is level 1 waiting for spider gwen hope she comes soon

Reed is very fun to play, imo. I haven't played Spidey in a long time, but he also seemed pretty fun to play as well. I don't think you can make a bad choice regardless of whom you pick.

Based on what Dec was telling me before Reed is more viable than Spidey but Spidey is by no means bad.

Fun-wise Spidey is very nice. Lots of jumping and movement, you can easily build something that feels like Spidey should.

Thanks. I'm going to try them both out, I guess. I have enough gear to support both, just swapping relics and the 80 legendary around a bit.

Gothos

I don't have Mr. F, but Spidey is GREAT now imho. Very fluid to play, great animations, great movement power, much, much better survivability. And he can have great TTK, too. He became my main again after the last patch. Highly recommended!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Queen should just gift everyone Thing fantastic pants costume.

Indignate

I hella want the Gwen costume.

Actually, I hella want to see it to decide if I hella want it.

But there's a good chance that I'll probably hella want it.

mileS

I hella want the Gwen costume.

Actually, I hella want to see it to decide if I hella want it.

But there's a good chance that I'll probably hella want it.

Spider-Gwen_Marvel_Heroes_MMO.jpg

this is what they had back in Jan wasn't it? Yea its the team up but they will look the same I assume

Lord Phol

I'm actually enjoying both tech and sorcery Doom, not quite sure which one I will gear for. Orb of doom which I really like visually seems pretty subpar though (unless I'm missing something).
What spec are you guys going with?

Edit: ^ Oh cool, hadn't seen that one before. Looking forward to it!

Anoregon

I think heroes will get their re-review before Deadpool gets his first. I think they are trying to do something that requires additional marvel approval / resources.

They are giving him Hydra Bob as a permanent summon, like how Rocket has Groot
I wish

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
well when deadpools review comes out they will have to change his level 60 achievement description cos at the moment it cunrrently says hes working on his 52 review

unless thats the joke and his review is never coming :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They are giving him Hydra Bob as a permanent summon, like how Rocket has Groot
I wish

considering every hero these days has some sort of summon of some kind that wouldnt surprise me at all

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
looking for a fun, fairly complex melee character to unlock - who do people suggest?

i have Cap & BP already and enjoy them quite a bit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
looking for a fun, fairly complex melee character to unlock - who do people suggest?

i have Cap & BP already and enjoy them quite a bit.

Do you consider those 2 complex?

I like x-23 flippy floppy build but it's not exactly complex, noone is really.

Hulk ironically is probably the most complex

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

no, neither of those are complex. i'd say Dr Strange is the only character i've played who fits that bill.

i'll def give Hulk a try.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

Wot? Hulk is super easy. If you want a melee hero with some complexity, Daredevil or She-Hulk use combo points so require you to kinda sorta pay attention, but it's an acquired taste.

Rhaknar

Wot? Hulk is super easy. If you want a melee hero with some complexity, Daredevil or She-Hulk use combo points so require you to kinda sorta pay attention, but it's an acquired taste.

Hulk is super bloated with a ton of skills to use. Like I said, I dont think anyone is partculary complex. I was going to say She Hulk but shes AWFUL

You can get by with one extra ability on the second bar as Hulk. Hardly someone I would consider bloated. Half the roster is bloated in that case.

Spider-Man is the least complex melee character I've tried. I mean, you literally struggle to fill up his skill bar. I have both his movement skills on the same bar, no joke. He has zero toggles or activation skills. Nothing to juggle. Good durability, strong damage, and very fun to play. He feels like Spidey. You need some gear to maintain spirit.

Mr. Fantastic is as fun as ever. I'm not sure what his most effective build is, and am considering dumping giant punch altogether in favor of stretch punch. That allows me to keep the ray gun of death which I love. I don't have him fully geared yet, but he feels fairly fragile still. I'm going that changes when I get him properly equipped. The animations are great and the damage is superb. Zero resource management. Definitely needs a second skill bar.

Indignate

Don't you have to really manage your life bar as Moon Knight?

That seems more involved than other characters.

How do You level so fast to 60?
I'm like at 10 or 11h on Storm and still lvl 41.

It comes to time. Due to learning how to best level alongside the permanent and consumable boost you acquire.

Dec

Don't you have to really manage your life bar as Moon Knight?

That seems more involved than other characters.

He needs to stay under 40% health at all times and as near 0 spirit as possible while still being able to apply your layers. Because of how low you need to be it can add a large risk factor to difficult content because if you can't stay low health you deal terrible damage.

=Mr. Fantastic is as fun as ever. I'm not sure what his most effective build is, and am considering dumping giant punch altogether in favor of stretch punch. That allows me to keep the ray gun of death which I love. I don't have him fully geared yet, but he feels fairly fragile still. I'm going that changes when I get him properly equipped. The animations are great and the damage is superb. Zero resource management. Definitely needs a second skill bar.

I don't know about most effective but this is what I use

http://i4.minus.com/iHp3tNHWWumfV.png

Things change a bit if you want to use positron, you may need something like super stomp to have enough abilities in your rotation. Maybe 1 point Phontonic aura for max super stomp in that case.

edit: image was not showing changed to link

I don't know about most effective but this is what I use

http://i4.minus.com/iHp3tNHWWumfV.png

Things change a bit if you want to use positron, you may need something like super stomp to have enough abilities in your rotation. Maybe 1 point Phontonic aura for max super stomp in that case.

edit: image was not showing changed to link

Why aren't you using stomp? Great damage and you reposition yourself anywhere you like. The cooldown lines up perfectly, too. You stomp right into a group or boss then inflate.

I definitely see value in stretch punch, if nothing else because it gives you something more active to do, but I'm struggling to fit it regularly into my build. I'm already using six damage abilities (most on short cooldown) and his signature. There really isn't much filler time for it, unless you use it as an either/or with the ray gun.

I'm least sold on giant punch. It's okay filler but it's fairly underwhelming. If it pierced our something I might like it more.

Mr. F's best build uses Positron and Giant punch along with all the cooldowns. If you really wanted, you could switch Positron with Elastic Barrage. Stretch punch is really only useful as your spender in single target situations. Wouldn't bother with it for an all purpose build.

Rhaknar

I just use the 3 cooldowns to trigger the gun :/

The giant punch, the balloon and the stomp that is

Dec

Why aren't you using stomp? Great damage and you reposition yourself anywhere you like. The cooldown lines up perfectly, too. You stomp right into a group or boss then inflate.

I definitely see value in stretch punch, if nothing else because it gives you something more active to do, but I'm struggling to fit it regularly into my build. I'm already using six damage abilities (most on short cooldown) and his signature. There really isn't much filler time for it, unless you use it as an either/or with the ray gun.

I'm least sold on giant punch. It's okay filler but it's fairly underwhelming. If it pierced our something I might like it more.

you would use it when you would be using positron in a positron build. Giant Punch does pierce.

Mr. F's best build uses Positron and Giant punch along with all the cooldowns. If you really wanted, you could switch Positron with Elastic Barrage. Stretch punch is really only useful as your spender in single target situations. Wouldn't bother with it for an all purpose build.

In what metric?

Stretch beats the other two in single target situations, so you take advantage of dual spec since single target situations is a huge part of end game MH content. I don't see why you would want an all purpose build.

The build I use from what I can tell is exactly the same as the old build (that everyone used and probably still uses) except I max photonic for an extra layer instead of Stomp and instead of Positron I use Stretch Punch in its place.

I have a second build that maxes Positron instead of Stretch Punch for game modes that it is appropriate for.

Rhaknar

Got my Cap an Ironman prestige ironbuddies because cosmic patrols are raining uniques and I got my cash flowing again. Almost got pets and legendaries on everyone

tumblr_n8mac6AVuP1rvfy6do1_500.gif

Azzurri

Question about gear.

Let's say I have a 60 hero and his gear is level 54-59 unique's. Do I just upgrade them to level 60? Or grind for the level 60 gear?

Also can you upgrade item grade 60-69 or do you have to do it step by step?

Rhaknar

Question about gear.

Let's say I have a 60 hero and his gear is level 54-59 unique's. Do I just upgrade them to level 60? Or grind for the level 60 gear?

Also can you upgrade item grade 60-69 or do you have to do it step by step?

Uniques are raining like I said, but I've upgraded on ocasion because I have every hero and it gets to a point where I just want to be "done" with gearing them asap.

And yes you need to upgrade to 66 first which sucks

Top Bottom