• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Wallach

Played this game for a few hours yesterday evening and it's pretty fun. Scarlet Witch is pretty awesome, very mobile with some powerful spells. I just hit level 12 I think and never ever came close to dying, she just wrecks everything with her AOE and can teleport around the map pretty easily to avoid damage. Very fun.

I was looking at team up heroes and they cost like 400 - 800 eternity splinters. Do I need to get a team up hero? I only have 400 splinters and from what I understand you should save them to buy new heroes.

Yeah, it'd probably be better to use ES on heroes at first if you're new. Leveling other heroes is easy during XP bonus events and will allow you to unlock some Synergies which you can use on all your heroes.

What's your in-game name, and what Team-Up do you think you'd want to get first?

Volimar

My new computer is waiting for me at the post office. If all goes well I'll be playing by this time tomorrow.

cant wait for Kamala to be added so they are forced to change Carol's name to her proper fucking name

As long as she can use her Ms marvel costume, I'm all for it. Hate the Captain Marvel costume.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Real talk I don't see Carol going back to the Ms Marvel moniker ever. She shouldn't, anyway. This is one of those changes that's just gotta stick

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Real talk I don't see Carol going back to the Ms Marvel moniker ever. She shouldn't, anyway. This is one of those changes that's just gotta stick

yeah, considering how big Kamala is and how hard they are pushing Carol i think it will be many years before either of em lose their mantle

I'm gonna take the guess of it being Lucky aka Pizzadog.
Lucky_(Earth-616)_04.jpg

Though I'd also love Cosmo.

I'm pretty sure that's a fairly safe bet, since her movie is also titled Captain Marvel. Pretty clear she's gonna keep the name.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Lockjaw team-up, Pizza/Cosmo pet. Make it so.

Also there are actual real humans complaining on the Thor forums about how he's squishy. What even is life. Thor's one of the most durable heroes in the game. Rounding out the joke, some of them are recommending gearing for Dodge. I can't... what...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Lockjaw team-up, Pizza/Cosmo pet. Make it so.

Also there are actual real humans complaining on the Thor forums about how he's squishy. What even is life. Thor's one of the most durable heroes in the game. Rounding out the joke, some of them are recommending gearing for Dodge. I can't... what...

The dev asros has started playing thor n on twitter asked how he could stop dying as much. He posted in that thread that he just needs to learn how to play.

Ofcourse players are taking it wrong way

Drayco21

Lockjaw would be cool, but It'd feel weird having him in-game before Black Bolt or Medusa become playable. Cosmo would be radical. I imagine Lucky would be hard to do a bunch of abilities for, but would be awesome regardless.

They should make Mrs. Lion a team-up, and have her active abilities revolve around whining to summon Aunt May to beat up crime.

I will purchase Pizza Dog for any amount of money just to troll the hell out of Kepow in game. Doom$aw, take note.

Wait, does Kepow hate Pizza Dog? Because I know we like to poke fun at him for basically being a real life supervillain, but I didn't think he was an actual pizza-dog hating war criminal.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not to mention a lockjaw pet would make no sense, he's gigantic. Both cosmo and pizza dog would be perfect as pets and Lockjaw could never be anything other than a team up for proper size

Yes yes me and my silly canon reasons

Wait, does Kepow hate Pizza Dog? Because I know we like to poke fun at him for basically being a real life supervillain, but I didn't think he was an actual pizza-dog hating war criminal.

Racism, xenophobia and homophobia are fine as long as you don't hate fictional animals.

Neogaf.gif

Drayco21

Not to mention a lockjaw pet would make no sense, he's gigantic. Both cosmo and pizza dog would be perfect as pets and Lockjaw could never be anything other than a team up for proper size

Yes yes me and my silly canon reasons

Making Cosmo a pet would mean that he can't knock out rooms full of Skrulls with telepathy, and we wouldn't get to hear his dumb russian accent as much, though. Marvel Dog Team-Up Advance Pack when?

Well we got an itsybitsy Vision as a pet, too. And itsybitsy Ultrons and Iron Men and Dragonmen and Old Laces (that raptor is fucking enormous in the books)... I don't think size really matters with pets.

I'd love Cosmo as a team-up, too. But I'd take him as a pet too. I just love Cosmo.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
depends, i play casually so having more characters with different playstyles is more important to me

keep in mind you'll get a free hero token on thursday - can be used on anyone except doom. if you only have 1 other playable hero in mind you could get a team up with your splinters. your call.

Unfortunately I'm flying out tomorrow for work and won't be back until Friday. So much for getting a free playable hero.

I'll just save up my splinters for a playable hero then.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Racism, xenophobia and homophobia are fine as long as you don't hate fictional animals.

Neogaf.gif

kepow isn't any of those things though, he just plays a character who is.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
kepow isn't any of those things though, he just plays a character who is.

Yes he is as proven by every non-marvel heroes thread he posts in (and usually gets banned in). I've seen people both mock and more often be appalled by the shit he says. Except here where we (well you) pretend it's all an act. When does an act stop being an act if you act like that 100% of the time.

But hey, you believe what you want. I shouldn't even have said anything as I usually try to with anything Kepow related (here in bizarro land at least), sometimes it's hard tho. But I already regret it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just got my first GOK! the brut damage roll is almost perfect, the but strike roll is almost minimum, the the crit rolls are mid

Indignate

Unfortunately I'm flying out tomorrow for work and won't be back until Friday. So much for getting a free playable hero.

I'll just save up my splinters for a playable hero then.

I think it's available all week. At least I would hope so since they are separating the events out by weeks.

It's supposed to be a new vender that you just choose a token from according to Dec.

Rhaknar

Reading Old Man Logan makes me want the Hawkeye costume. Can't tell if he has the ponytail or not tho

400px-Hawkeyeoldmanlogancostume.jpg

Dec

I think it's available all week. At least I would hope so since they are separating the events out by weeks.

It's supposed to be a new vender that you just choose a token from according to Dec.

From what I read when you log in you'll get a coupon and a vendor will be added that sells hero tokens with the currency being the coupon.

The vendor will be around for months, but you probably don't get the coupon unless you log in one of those 7 days.

Rhaknar

first thing i did was check out the MH costumes for Old Man Logan/Clint

remember to read the SW tie in afterwards

I will

In 6 months

It's annoying me that costumes aren't 50% off. I got one of them G bundles for the anniversary and now I haven't splurged yet because I'm "afraid" we'll get a proper 50% sale soon

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it'd probably be better to use ES on heroes at first if you're new. Leveling other heroes is easy during XP bonus events and will allow you to unlock some Synergies which you can use on all your heroes.

What's your in-game name, and what Team-Up do you think you'd want to get first?

I think my in-game name is DanceInferno, at least that's what it says on the website. Not sure about the team-up, was thinking Magik? I'm playing Scarlet Witch so I feel like she would synergize well from a lore perspective, but I don't know if that's the case in-game.

Edit: Whoah you just gave her to me in-game. That's amazing, thanks!!

Rhaknar

Be careful going down the lore/canon path.

That's the road that Rhaknar walks and I'm pretty sure it makes him more aggravated.

Yup that's me, aggravated Rhaknar. Rawr or something.

Old Man Logan was amazing btw.

I forget who it was that didn't like me having size increases on my Squirrel Girl.

Even if it wasn't me, it's me because I hate that shit. You are free to do whatever you want of course, but I'm free to hate it :p

This game would be perfect if it was single player :(

Rhaknar

Such aggravation indeed

2262%20-%20Raw%20gif%20hunter_hearst_helmsley%20rage%20wwe.gif

Doom in Old Man Logan was just a black recolor...dude doesn't have the most diverse looks does he :(

Edit: did you drop HotS btw?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
How do you put multiple action bars on the screen? I have more skills than I have buttons and I don't want to keep having to click on a button to switch my action bar.

Rhaknar

How do you put multiple action bars on the screen? I have more skills than I have buttons and I don't want to keep having to click on a button to switch my action bar.

You dont. You can use a method to press a key and automatically switch to the second (and third) bar but they are never all on screen at the same time.

I belive Dec taught me how to do it

Edit: wait you know about the button switch, can't help you then lol

Indignate

Not sure if you're using these methods, but use these methods.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/66933/how-to-add-more-hotkeys/p1

The old way on the second post is what I use and is probably the best thing you're going to get if you just want straight up more hotkeys. Method 1 is similar, but the older way just kind of bypasses the whole F-keys thing, but will break target lock as a tradeoff (which I don't mind). For instance, I have the second row "a" power binded to my X key, so I can just hit X to bind a power to it in the power menu rather than binding said power to an F-key or switching to the second bar.

Also, I'm not sure if you can see the cooldowns of the powers using that first method.

Rhaknar

I don't actually know about the button press, I'm just clicking on the arrows to change my action bars. I'll try the link, thanks.

Oh then use what we are saying. Basically you have a hotkey to use your second bar, for example I use space and when I want to use a spell on the second bar I just press space and the button in 1 quick motion

Everything in the Ultimate universe became try hard nihilism at its worst. Marvel is bringing over the three characters that people care about. Morales, old man Logan, and recently Spider-Gwen.

Good riddance to the rest.

Rhaknar

Everything in the Ultimate universe became try hard nihilism at its worst. Marvel it's bringing over the three characters that people care about. Good riddance to the rest.

3? Reed, Miles and?

Rhaknar

Old Man Logan isn't from the ultimate books, it's 616 just a alternate future version

Drayco stop not being on steam, rude bastard!

Drayco21

Everything in the Ultimate universe became try hard nihilism at its worst. Marvel is bringing over the three characters that people care about. Morales, old man Logan, and recently Spider-Gwen.

Good riddance to the rest.

Miles is the only one in that list from the Ultimate universe; the others are self-contained alternate universe books. All great choices to move over to mainline, though. Hope Ultimate Jessica Drew makes it too, but I wouldn't exactly shed a tear for the rest of them.

Shame we're probably not going to see 616 Cap stick a boot up Ultimates Steve's ass for being a child-endangering, racist shitbrick.

Drayco stop not being on steam, rude bastard!

I have to sleep some time, man!

Top Bottom