• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

you would use it when you would be using positron in a positron build. Giant Punch does pierce.

In what metric?

Stretch beats the other two in single target situations, so you take advantage of dual spec since single target situations is a huge part of end game MH content. I don't see why you would want an all purpose build.

Stretch being ST is what I said. And single target really isn't that much of end game. Raids are the only place I'd say rock a Stretch punch build. In cosmic terminals, cosmic patrols, x-def, and holo-sim the Positron's long range and pierce is way more useful (especially now with the new cosmic boss affixes). And why wouldn't you want an all purpose build when it's most useful for the majority of game modes?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Question about gear.

Let's say I have a 60 hero and his gear is level 54-59 unique's. Do I just upgrade them to level 60? Or grind for the level 60 gear?

Also can you upgrade item grade 60-69 or do you have to do it step by step?

Better to just farm for the level 60 uniques.

You can't upgrade directly to 69, so you'll have to upgrade from 63 to 66 then 66 to 69.

Dec

Stretch being ST is what I said. And single target really isn't that much of end game. Raids are the only place I'd say rock a Stretch punch build. In cosmic terminals, cosmic patrols, x-def, and holo-sim the Positron's long range and pierce is way more useful (especially now with the new cosmic boss affixes). And why wouldn't you want an all purpose build when it's most useful for the majority of game modes?

You can respec for free and use multiple specs now. The only aoe mode I play is ultron, cosmic terminals and one-shot farming is killing the boss and ignoring adds. Using positron at range means you need to use stomp to reposition or run in and out of the enemies melee range.

I don't want an all purpose build because I can easily use the optimal build for content I'm doing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Got my Cap an Ironman prestige ironbuddies because cosmic patrols are raining uniques and I got my cash flowing again. Almost got pets and legendaries on everyone

tumblr_n8mac6AVuP1rvfy6do1_500.gif

I want to do cosmic patrols on Doom but I still don't have a lvl 60 slot 2 so I feel like a gimp

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
True story only died twice (maybe 3 times) in cosmic patrols on doom.

Too much cannon fodder for mobs to focus on instead of me, I love it

You can respec for free and use multiple specs now. The only aoe mode I play is ultron, cosmic terminals and one-shot farming is killing the boss and ignoring adds. Using positron at range means you need to use stomp to reposition or run in and out of the enemies melee range.

I don't want an all purpose build because I can easily use the optimal build for content I'm doing.

You should be using stomp anyway, especially with the animation hitch fixed. And it's not like Stretch punch is much better than Positron anyway (it was actually straight up worse until recently when the bosskiller affix got fixed). The damage difference is more than made up for anytime you have to run to hit the boss. Also my first post was strictly about build usefulness overall, whereas you're using a build for your specific taste in modes. Some people like only using one build/playstyle, so swapping specs or resetting points is moot for them.

Dec

You should be using stomp anyway, especially with the animation hitch fixed. And it's not like Stretch punch is much better than Positron anyway (it was actually straight up worse until recently when the bosskiller affix got fixed). The damage difference is more than made up for anytime you have to run to hit the boss. Also my first post was strictly about build usefulness overall, whereas you're using a build for your specific taste in modes. Some people like only using one build/playstyle, so swapping specs or resetting points is moot for them.

Maybe I should be using stomp, it's unclear and impossible to say without trying both.

I am using Stretch with the knowledge that it has now been fixed.

You do not have to run to the boss because you are always in melee range. If you are in melee range (you need to be) in a positron build isn't the effectiveness of it being a ranged ability moot?

I have catered my build to how I play, I think everyone should do that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

You were just saying I don't know how to play magneto because it's not how everyone plays him not so long ago :p

Dec

You were just saying I don't know how to play magneto because it's not how everyone plays him not so long ago :p

I didn't. I don't know how to play Magneto.

You made jokes in the past about me probably poking fun at an ability you used (I don't even know the names of his abilities) because it probably wasn't something I would like. My post about you using an unoptimal Magneto build was made under the assumption that you were right and just used it cause you liked it (which is fine) not because it was the best choice.

I am talking about optimizing your build for the content you do, not using abilities just because you like them but because they are the best choice for the content you do even if they are not part of the popular build on the forums. I do like the abilities I use or I wouldn't play Reed.

To me that is the difference between good heroes I don't play and the ones I do. If I can make an optimal build for the content I play while also not having to use an ability I do not like using, I like the hero.

Maybe I should be using stomp, it's unclear and impossible to say without trying both.

I am using Stretch with the knowledge that it has now been fixed.

You do not have to run to the boss because you are always in melee range. If you are in melee range (you need to be) in a positron build isn't the effectiveness of it being a ranged ability moot?

Stomp has always been worth using, not sure why you think otherwise. And there are always random situations where you won't be at a bosses location. After Juggernaut charges, Hood teleports, Man-ape leaps, various Hyde attacks. My point is that Positron is way more flexible while providing you basically the same damage output. Personal gameplay preference should be the only reason you ever take Stretch punch.

Dec

Stomp has always been worth using, not sure why you think otherwise. And there are always random situations where you won't be at a bosses location. After Juggernaut charges, Hood teleports, Man-ape leaps, various Hyde attacks. My point is that Positron is way more flexible while providing you basically the same damage output. Personal gameplay preference should be the only reason you ever take Stretch punch.

I don't agree and think there are far too many what ifs in your argument but I'll do me and you do you but I have a suspicion only one of us has actually played both build options extensively. :p

Though for someone that seems to hate the build hivemind that goes around it seems odd to me that you are so set that Reed's is the correct way to play the hero absolutely.

Azzurri

Awesome, thanks guys

I don't know the right way to play him, but I never have even considered dropping stomp from the mix. It does great damage, has awesome utility, and just looks freaking cool. It's 3/3 for me in what I consider a great skill.

I tried the different builds out earlier today, including a weird one with both the ray gun and stretch punch. That doesn't really work out. I ended up settling on this (not my post):
http://marvelheroes.info/build/218/

Dual specs with the only swap being stretch instead of ray gun, but I haven't enjoyed that as much. I'll need to test the damage to see if the tradeoff is worth it. I'm going to also try one where I drop giant punch and max out his defensive passive, though at a glance it doesn't scale well. I just dislike the punch and he's already using enough skills to keep a rotation going.

I don't agree and think there are far too many what ifs in your argument but I'll do me and you do you but I have a suspicion only one of us has actually played both build options extensively. :p

Though for someone that seems to hate the build hivemind that goes around it seems odd to me that you are so set that Reed's is the correct way to play the hero absolutely.

Those what ifs are exactly why I recommend Positron. It's useful more often, whereas Stretch has your typical inherent melee issues. And your suspicion is wrong as I played a Stretch punch focused build all the way until I hit max omegas not too long ago. Saying I think this build is the "correct way" is an odd way of putting it. I'm just saying that it handles more situations well, hence all purpose.

As an aside, with the way this game is balanced, being "all purpose" isn't mutually exclusive with "fully optimized".

Dec

Those what ifs are exactly why I recommend Positron. It's useful more often, whereas Stretch has your typical inherent melee issues. And your suspicion is wrong as I played a Stretch punch focused build all the way until I hit max omegas not too long ago. Saying I think this build is the "correct way" is an odd way of putting it. I'm just saying that it handles more situations well, hence all purpose.

As an aside, with the way this game is balanced, being "all purpose" isn't mutually exclusive with "fully optimized".

The hilarious part is that it doesn't even matter. What enemy survives two signature usages and isn't in a raid (where you have said Stretch wins)? Enemies in content I don't play.

Though on the "correct" point

Mr. F's best build uses Positron and Giant punch along with all the cooldowns.

I asked in what metric you were saying this and from follow up responses it seemed to me you meant this in an absolute way.

I don't think the what ifs are a strong argument in any case.

Also, Mr. Fantastic's attribute stats are laughably bad. You can pump characters like Spider-Man up to 20/20+ strength and fighting. Reed, not so much.

Drayco21

I wish they'do a review pass on his godawful script while they're at it. Only character I've played where I played without voices all the way to 60. Whole thing felt like an even more tryhard Daniel Waypool; the character deserves better than the meme factory people who have never bothered to read his book think he is.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they'do a review pass on his godawful script while they're at it. Only character I've played where I played without voices all the way to 60. Whole thing felt like an even more tryhard Daniel Waypool; the character deserves better than the meme factory people who have never bothered to read his book think he is.

99% of all the writing is atrocious, I wouldn't count on it. All the characters are written as broadly as possible to play up their unique traits, which in Deadpool's unfortunate case means WACKYYYY so he's even more annoying than all the other asshats in the game like Spidey.

Ironically, Thor has by far the funniest lines in the game, and he's not exactly known for his wit.

Accidentally donated the first Cosmic Team-Up gear I'd found this morning.

Can't wait for Deadpool's review. I got him in a random box (twice), but I'm waiting for his review to play him.

Literally the first money I spent on the game went to purchasing Deadpool.

So hyped for the review.

Azzurri

Accidentally donated the first Cosmic Team-Up gear I'd found this morning.

Literally the first money I spent on the game went to purchasing Deadpool.

So hyped for the review.

image.php

Fitting, :D

BTW, so I'm close to getting other hero's to synergize with my main hero. So do I grind cosmic terminal for gear to gear up for raids? What's the best way to gear up?

Also, to artifacts scale to your level?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Doom might be the first character where I bother to have multiple legendaries. I finished my Power Cosmic for tri-dmg build last night, which I have been enjoying quite a bit, but I also want to have a trident (300 odinmarks, aint nobody got time for 1000) available for when the urge to be robomaster strikes.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Ranged pure mental doom i went into cosmic midtown and did perfectly fine. This guy is insane.

Im currently wearing

3 level 20 purple items 2 unique level 50
Gem of kursed. Mental focus headband. Spider clone n advanced meta. My grade 80 warlock has no rank. Cosmic doom medal.

Everyone saying this guy is squishy without summons is talking shit.

StMeph

So I now have two level 60s, and still never cleared past Chapter 4 of the main story.

I should get around to doing that, if just to be able to buy a legendary. +_+

I also want to have a trident (300 odinmarks, aint nobody got time for 1000) available for when the urge to be robomaster strikes.

Literally, the first thing I did with Doom was slap the 1,000 Trident on him. Beast mode.

I have three of those level 80 legendary items now. I think my ultimate goal will be to grab one more to cover all my bases. I already have trident for summoners, axe for physical users, and rod for energy users. I need to pick up the Warlock's Eye for mental users, and should be good to go at that point. They level so quickly that I don't see the point in having multiple of the same type. I could maybe talk myself into picking up Excalibur for a more defensive melee setup, but that's a bit of a stretch.

What else am I going to spend odin marks on? I have blessings sitting around in my stash.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I just put the Power Cosmic on Doom because I never want to do a summon build. Doom does not summon! on this, Kepow and I are in full agreement.

Azzurri

I have a question about re rolling artifacts. How do I know what's a good roll? Is there a certain stat I need to looks at, or do I look at them all.

Is there an easy way to know?

I have a question about re rolling artifacts. How do I know what's a good roll? Is there a certain stat I need to looks at, or do I look at them all.

If you go here and search for the artifact you can see it's max rolls: http://marvelheroes.info/items/artifacts/#0-25-1-0

Whether you want to reroll or not depends on what you're after and what roll you currently have.

(Don't make an account here btw, there was some trouble with that in the past).

Anoregon

I just put the Power Cosmic on Doom because I never want to do a summon build. Doom does not summon! on this, Kepow and I are in full agreement.

Kepow sent me a steam message yesterday saying that summon Doom is awesome. Don't believe his lies, Noray.

Yes. Hold down either left shift or left alt, I can't remember which. It shows the full range. No need to visit external sites any more. The same holds true when you are rolling costume affixes, which is a huge help.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Since I'm going to kill everything, why does it matter the leader it pointed out? Is there a buff for killing him first?

He applies buff to the mobs around him they are highlighted with a similar effect without the crown

Dec

He applies buff to the mobs around him they are highlighted with a similar effect without the crown

Since people keep asking it is commanding aura, buffs allies around but not the leader. Kill the elite with no crowns.

I think it working like this has something to do with Emma. The aura works on her and her other summons but it doesn't work on itself.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Played this game for a few hours yesterday evening and it's pretty fun. Scarlet Witch is pretty awesome, very mobile with some powerful spells. I just hit level 12 I think and never ever came close to dying, she just wrecks everything with her AOE and can teleport around the map pretty easily to avoid damage. Very fun.

I was looking at team up heroes and they cost like 400 - 800 eternity splinters. Do I need to get a team up hero? I only have 400 splinters and from what I understand you should save them to buy new heroes.

Rhaknar

Played this game for a few hours yesterday evening and it's pretty fun. Scarlet Witch is pretty awesome, very mobile with some powerful spells. I just hit level 12 I think and never ever came close to dying, she just wrecks everything with her AOE and can teleport around the map pretty easily to avoid damage. Very fun.

I was looking at team up heroes and they cost like 400 - 800 eternity splinters. Do I need to get a team up hero? I only have 400 splinters and from what I understand you should save them to buy new heroes.

the only place people die these days is in cosmic stuff (terminals or patrols)

or on superheroic Loki for some heroes I guess :/

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

depends, i play casually so having more characters with different playstyles is more important to me

keep in mind you'll get a free hero token on thursday - can be used on anyone except doom. if you only have 1 other playable hero in mind you could get a team up with your splinters. your call.

Indignate

Teamups aren't as fun as getting an actual playable character.

Also, they're giving out a teamup for week 4. So just take that and call it a day.

Rhaknar

only a crazy person would get a team up over a actual hero

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
doomsaw posted this earlier probs trolling but there is actually a dog in marvel universe :D

I really should put this in the spoiler section, but in all seriousness, this is the pet being awarded during anniversary month: (inspired by @KingBacon )

tumblr_m07wc09l0c1qjazcx.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockjaw_(comics)

Lockjaw.PNG

Abilities Teleportation
Super strength and durability
Precognition
Matter ingestion

he could be the free team up :D that would be awesome

lockjaw looks better than cosmo plus cosmo is more popular ):

Rhaknar

cant wait for Kamala to be added so they are forced to change Carol's name to her proper fucking name

Top Bottom