• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
almost forgot to log in for the daily reward / armor tech box today.

looking forward to hearing about Nova, I am officially on a marvel break for a bit

Sblargh

Banned
Yeah, it's a combination of several moderate changes that end up making a major difference on the character. Psylocke was already in a good place, but this should make her massive single target damage ability actually work 100% of the time, make her more durable with the barrier, and make her more fun. The only thing left is to buff her signature ability or make it do splash AOE damage, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Her signature actually got an actual QoL change a little while back so now it targets bosses more often. I like it, very short cooldown. Big fan of sigs with short cooldowns.

Indignate

Really excited for Psylocke.

Got her to level 20 and dug the management system she had, but sounds like she's just way better with her changes.

Ka-Zar, quite the D-lister. Though he could have a great moveset if he can summon Zabu, Shanna, and Devil Dinosaur with Moonboy lol.

Well, Ryolnir said that if they did Ka-Zar, nowadays, he'd be calling Zabu and likely Shanna, so not too far off with your idea there.

Her signature actually got an actual QoL change a little while back so now it targets bosses more often. I like it, very short cooldown. Big fan of sigs with short cooldowns.

I love the animation, I'm speaking more from a damage standpoint. It's fairly weak compared to many other sigs I've tried out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, I googled "juggs model" but I don't think any of those would be safe to put in the game :p

413.gif

Yeah, I was also surprised about how much more enjoyable it is compared to the Vibranium Mines. Feels a lot more like a stand-alone story addition, there's a lot more effort in it.

That's exactly what it was. They've been working on BZ since late last year, and it was going to be added into chapter 2 of the story, but they recently flipped it to being a one-shot after Vibranium Mines came out.

I'm sorry if you guys answered this a million times, but how easy is it to get characters from just playing the game? I haven't played it since the launch of the game.

Drayco21

Well, Ryolnir said that if they did Ka-Zar, nowadays, he'd be calling Zabu and likely Shanna, so not too far off with your idea there.

I would think they'd want to make it Shanna who's playable, with Ka-Zar as her summon, since she's always been the more popular of the two, and there's always a push for more female characters. I'd actually rather have either of them before another Mutie in the game.

I'm sorry if you guys answered this a million times, but how easy is it to get characters from just playing the game? I haven't played it since the launch of the game.

It's not too bad if you like the hero you already have- Eternity Splinters drop like candies, and you only need 175 to spin the wheel.

Sblargh

Banned

Easy peazy. There's a currency now called eternity splinters; wih 175 you get a random box (which can get you a hero token that you already own, in this case you use it to upgrade that hero's ultimate power) or, starting from 200 splinters all the way to 600, you can buy the hero you want (the ones that cost more money, also cost more splinters).

I think I may have, like, 25 or 26 heroes or so and only 3 of them I bought with money, and not out of frustration of not getting a specific hero, but out of "meh, I can burn some paper on this game, no biggie".

It's really free to play friendly. (possible exception is stash space; costumes are also practically real money only, but they do the exact same thing as the free default costume that comes with every hero, so it's really just a cosmetic issue).

I would think they'd want to make it Shanna who's playable, with Ka-Zar as her summon, since she's always been the more popular of the two, and there's always a push for more female characters. I'd actually rather have either of them before another Mutie in the game.

Zabu playable with the humans as summons.

Rhaknar

i wish you could trade random hero boxes (or even heroes), I got so many fucking splinters and noone besides Nova to spend them on

Agreed, but we both know it's not gonna happen lol.

Tarazet

I put together a new Nightcrawler build based on the Cunning Acrobat tree and making use of Sneak Attack as a filler. So far I've been pretty happy with how it's gone. The idea is that when you're up against bosses, especially in group play, you want to keep them debuffed all the time with IB and FnG.. but keeping those up while spamming X-Slash starves you of mana, so you get periods of downtime. I fight bosses by keeping Righteous Frenzy up while I can, holding down Sneak Attack on the left mouse, keeping IB and FnG up, Shadowmelding to keep up the damage bonus on Sneak Attack, and using Bamf Bomb on cooldown or whenever I get a chance to re-engage from stealth.

I'm still new to the game and haven't tried it out at end-game yet. I'm just using principles I know from RPG's I've played before. It seems like this should be a workable build, and it's a lot of fun to play.

http://www.marvelbase.com/builds/vi...rimental#2v222KPvvM22vvr2/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Its been aaages since I played Nightcrawler. I found he was a lot of fun to use and I loved how he could cover ground quicker than any other character. I will at least green prestige him one of these days.
Tonight I found my first ever Gem of the Kursed. The funny thing is I got it from MIDTOWN Kurse. Him and Maliketh NEVER drop anything good for me, and then tonight i got this :) They have always been my most hated MM boss fight.
I was told in game chat that is is only a mid quality roll, but Im just glad to have one. Its like a MH souveniour or something

Other than an ESP box from cosmic Mandarin and a Hand of Doom from red Doom (thanks RNGesus) I think all of my boss artifact drops have been from Midtown (including a GoK).

Doing the Zoo daily for the Hearts will hopefully net something eventually though.

I hope they implement some other way to get Hearts... 3 a day means like a year or something to get the recipes if they're the same price as Eyes for Lvl 66.

Sblargh

Banned
Other than an ESP box from cosmic Mandarin and a Hand of Doom from red Doom (thanks RNGesus) I think all of my boss artifact drops have been from Midtown (including a GoK).

Doing the Zoo daily for the Hearts will hopefully net something eventually though.

I hope they implement some other way to get Hearts... 3 a day means like a year or something to get the recipes if they're the same price as Eyes for Lvl 66.

Converting eyes to hearts seems like a no-brainer to me. 5 to 1; 10 to 1; whatever, it sucks to have a bunch of eyes just sitting there.

Lord Phol

Converting eyes to hearts seems like a no-brainer to me. 5 to 1; 10 to 1; whatever, it sucks to have a bunch of eyes just sitting there.

Agreed that would be a fair and good way for non red raiders to get a chance at the upgrades, and for green raids to still feel worthwhile.

i wish you could trade random hero boxes (or even heroes), I got so many fucking splinters and noone besides Nova to spend them on

Upgrade you ult? I have every character in the game and that's what I use mine on. Either upgrading my ultimate or buying the unbinding item to save some credits.

I proposed this on social last night and was told it would never happen. Not sure what the reasoning there is. The upgrades are account wide, so if you raid every week and own all five recipes, eyes become a pointless currency. All my level 60 heroes that I play frequently have 66 unique items. I have zero incentive to run Man-Ape unless it's part of the daily.

I'd do a 10:1 trade, easily.

Taking a break from the game, actually uninstalled it for a bit. Really needed to cut down on the free to play games until I find a job. As fun as they are, especially when Nova is around the corner :(

KePoW

Banned
Taking a break from the game, actually uninstalled it for a bit. Really needed to cut down on the free to play games until I find a job. As fun as they are, especially when Nova is around the corner :(

cmon buddie don't leave! Just charge MH purchases on credit card or something

Sblargh

Banned
It's a rehash of the discussion over eyes dropping outside of raid. I was in favor of taking 6 months or so with no raid to get the eyes and I'm also in favor of taking 6 months or so of no red raid to get the hearts.

And then it's the same argument. "If people don't have to raid, they won't" "yeah, but if they need to be forced to raid, it means it isn't fun in the first place" and on and on.

Edit: I mean, I don't even mind the really high requirement for the raid (lvl 20 ultimate and 5k omega last I heard); it's cool to have this kind of elite content so the 1%ers fat cats like Kepow doesn't notice we are well on our way to the revolution; but gating content versus taking longer to access it is too much. This way the revolution will be even bloodier. Gotta give up the rings so you don't lose the fingers.

Rhaknar

too many new (and good) games atm, just a bad time for Marvel to be fair. Draenor around the corner doesnt help either.

Its fine, game isnt going anyware, breaks are healthy

It's not too bad if you like the hero you already have- Eternity Splinters drop like candies, and you only need 175 to spin the wheel.

Easy peazy. There's a currency now called eternity splinters; wih 175 you get a random box (which can get you a hero token that you already own, in this case you use it to upgrade that hero's ultimate power) or, starting from 200 splinters all the way to 600, you can buy the hero you want (the ones that cost more money, also cost more splinters).

I think I may have, like, 25 or 26 heroes or so and only 3 of them I bought with money, and not out of frustration of not getting a specific hero, but out of "meh, I can burn some paper on this game, no biggie".

It's really free to play friendly. (possible exception is stash space; costumes are also practically real money only, but they do the exact same thing as the free default costume that comes with every hero, so it's really just a cosmetic issue).

Zabu playable with the humans as summons.

Cool thanks for the fast replies! I'll give it a try again.

Rhaknar

Juggernaut alt confirmed to be this

the default brown will go in the blender faster than you can say "Im the Juggernaut bitch"

Rhaknar

Jugg looks wider, more like his capcom iterations (which I loved), might just be the angle, but I hope its the case

MVC2Juggernaut.gif

Indignate

This event isn't doing it for me at all, especially without some server side boost.

Like, yeah, I want that artifact for SG, but 1000 drives is so much that I don't care enough to try and farm them out.

Hopefully Halloween will bring the interesting stuff. If anything, the new Psylocke will probably bring me back in.

Spoit

This event isn't doing it for me at all, especially without some server side boost.

Like, yeah, I want that artifact for SG, but 1000 drives is so much that I don't care enough to try and farm them out.

Hopefully Halloween will bring the interesting stuff. If anything, the new Psylocke will probably bring me back in.
The drop rate is MUCH more generous than last time. I ground the hell out of it for about half the days before realizing that I wouldn't finish last time and only got to just below 500. But this time I've pretty much been just doing shard runs and maybe an x-def if it's the daily SQ, and I'm almost done with the other 500

I've got The Thing Fear Itself enhanced skin and I can't really connect with the character. Could someone briefly explained Fear It Self in how it relates to The Thing? Never read the comics and the brief explaination I read on wikipedia doesn't explain it very well.

Drayco21

I've got The Thing Fear Itself enhanced skin and I can't really connect with the character. Could someone briefly explained Fear It Self in how it relates to The Thing? Never read the comics and the brief explaination I read on wikipedia doesn't explain it very well.

A long time ago, Odin had a brother named The Serpent, who was a big bag of dicks, so we don't talk about him. Red Skull's daughter found one of his bullshit magic hammers and uses it to make nazis invade murica. A bunch of other hammers ended up in du(des hands and transformed them into villains like Nul the breaker of worlds, Angrir the breaker of souls ann ed tom, the breaker of nice meals for orphans. Thing was one of them until he wasn't and no one will mention it ever again.

Comic books.

Sblargh

Banned
Midtown Patrol is a constant stream and high variety of enemies with regular upticks of bosses. Midtown is quite easy to solo, (though obviously you can still team).

Industry City Patrol in its default state has only a couple of mob groups and is natively a bit more lightly populated (though I should note, with higher xp/rewards to compensate for the density), but it is regularly punctuated by multi-phase, multi-player events with a variety of objectives that also changes the mob spawning patterns across the whole map.

While it is possible to solo Industry City Patrol, some of the events are going to be extremely hard to do such - think of it in this way as kind of a hybrid between Midtown Patrol and the Holo-Sim.

Also, Industry City Patrol's events will reward better than, say, a boss pack in Midtown Patrol...but it is actually possible to fail the Industry City Patrol events.

Gimme gimme gimme

A long time ago, Odin had a brother named The Serpent, who was a big bag of dicks, so we don't talk about him. Red Skull's daughter found one of his bullshit magic hammers and uses it to make nazis invade murica. A bunch of other hammers ended up in du(des hands and transformed them into villains like Nul the breaker of worlds, Angrir the breaker of souls ann ed tom, the breaker of nice meals for orphans. Thing was one of them until he wasn't and no one will mention it ever again.

Comic books.

ok, so The Thing was a villain during this time?

Sblargh

Banned
I'm having trouble understanding what herectic is saying in posts like these:

Can you function as a solo entity in Industry City? Sure. Can you queue up with just yourself on the map and finish events? Doubtful. Do you have to formally team up to complete events? Nope.

If you absolutely do not want to deal with any other players, directly or indirectly, and want a purely solo experience, yeah, completing Industry City events is probably unrealistic. That is, however, the deliberate distinction with Midtown, and why Midtown isn't being retired.

But anyway, very excited for this; I think it will be a good SG activity.

If soloing means just ignoring the map objectives or if it means not being in a group.

If you're mainly referring to the first line of that post, he just means not grouping. If you go around the map killing, but without the intention if doing the objectives, you'll fail. Unless others do them for you of course, but you'd be screwed if you queue into an empty map.

Sblargh

Banned
If you're mainly referring to the first line of that post, he just means not grouping. If you go around the map killing, but without the intention if doing the objectives, you'll fail. Unless others do them for you of course, but you'd be screwed if you queue into an empty map.

Ah, I think I got it.

Being alone in the map will make completing events impossible (which makes sense and is a good thing), but you can possibly have 10 individuals not sharing a word between them completing events.

Top Bottom