• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Azzurri

When you put grades on your costume like 1 thru 4 do they scale with you or is it a random you have to keep doing until you content?

Can I get some opinions on Luke Cage please. I'm thinking of getting him with this week.

When you put grades on your costume like 1 thru 4 do they scale with you or is it a random you have to keep doing until you content?

They scale with the core you place in the costume.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I would recommend against Luke Cage unless you have some kind of deep, abiding love for the character. He's not great. Has a summon tree that's unfortunately entirely worthless. He uses a combo point system for his melee attacks that's not super interesting or fun imo. She-Hulk is a better version of him imo.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Yes and yes. Yes they are random. Both the affix is random and the value is random (hold alt over the new costume to see possible ranges for the current affixes). And yes it scale with the costume core level. If you have credits, most people will put offensive affixes on right when they start playing a new hero just to get their desired affixes on there and give them an early boost. Then they're ready for a decent core ~30, which is around the level cores start dropping.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
went on a costume binge, finally got a bunch of my favorites

Hawkguy
TWS Lemurian Star mission Cap
Mark III Tony
80's Mohawk Storm
Priest's run Black Panther

so good

Tendo

surprise Lockjaw team-up & Kamala Khan hero drop plz

I actually reread the current Ms Marvel run yesterday. She is probably my most anticipated character now that Doom has released. EMBIGGEN!!

On the subject of Carol she was my first 60 and most played until Nova came out. I need to go back to her but I want a Captain Marvel costume that doesn't look like garbage.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm also thinking about grabbing the Winter Soldier costume for cap. I need some kind of costume for him, the default is so silly.

I still can't get myself to pull the trigger on Thing fear itself. I've never actually bought an enhanced costume before, I am afraid of what will happen once I start down that rabbit hole.

Also moop totally made fun of me for getting excited about getting 2 GOK drops in the course of like 15 runs (my first two ever), so today I gotta try to do the same thing but with zola boxes or something.

jon bones

You now own the best IM costume. Congrats!

i had to pay the crafter to take off the dumb visual effect on my odinson artifact, but now IM looks dope as hell. love that dark red.

I'm also thinking about grabbing the Winter Soldier costume for cap. I need some kind of costume for him, the default is so silly.

the default is why i stopped playing him. get that heroes reborn shit outta here.

it is pretty nuts that his TWS costume is GOAT. right down to his muted blue/grey shield.

I actually reread the current Ms Marvel run yesterday. She is probably my most anticipated character now that Doom has released. EMBIGGEN!!

yesssss

gonna re-read it all once issue 16 comes out next week

as good as Secret Wars has been, i hope it doesn't mess up Wilson's momentum with Khan

StMeph

Now that I already have Magneto, I'm leaning toward Ghost Rider for the free unlock next week, and am within striking distance (200 ES) of Doom. That should keep me occupied for a while before deciding who to prestige.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
There's a pretty great thread on the official forums about a guy who is qutting the game because the cutscene at the end of Ultron mode indicates that it is MCU stark-created Ultron and not Pym-created Ultron. This is apparently an unforgivable transgression.

Azzurri

Yes and yes. Yes they are random. Both the affix is random and the value is random (hold alt over the new costume to see possible ranges for the current affixes). And yes it scale with the costume core level. If you have credits, most people will put offensive affixes on right when they start playing a new hero just to get their desired affixes on there and give them an early boost. Then they're ready for a decent core ~30, which is around the level cores start dropping.

Cool, I found a pretty good core with the 2s invul and spirit gain one. If I find a better one I all replace my old.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
It's my birthday, MarvelHeroesGAF! Here's a free GOTK! :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dongs Macabre:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=896909.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dongs Macabre, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gem of the Kursed (Marvel Heroes) -- MB-E83EFE6BAEB72652 - Taken by AdawgDaFAB. 4 entrants total.
Just PM me your name in-game and I'll send it to you when we're both online

t1433945869z1.png

borghe

You now own the best IM costume. Congrats!

incorrect. first is Classic armor, then followed up by Silver Centurion.

Cool, I found a pretty good core with the 2s invul and spirit gain one. If I find a better one I all replace my old.
lol.. good luck on finding a better one. That's only one away from the trifecta :p I still haven't found a core with both med kit affixes on it.

Tendo

yesssss

gonna re-read it all once issue 16 comes out next week

as good as Secret Wars has been, i hope it doesn't mess up Wilson's momentum with Khan

I dug the preview issue of all new all different avengers but I'm worried about others writing her or involving her in things. I really dig that she is growing slowly and has "small scale" problems compared to other books. As much as I'm digging Nova since Loeb left I feel like they are pushing him to be bigger than he should be too fast. He's in all the events and crossovers and stuff. I don't necessarily want that for Kamala yet. Wilson does such a great job writing her I want it stay that way.

And oh man am I loving Secret Wars...May or may not have bought every tie in so far...

Finally got Human Torch to lv60, such a pain. Now i've got no one else left to level except Nova but I don't fancy going back there.

That free hero token can't come fast enough.

jon bones

I dug the preview issue of all new all different avengers but I'm worried about others writing her or involving her in things. I really dig that she is growing slowly and has "small scale" problems compared to other books. As much as I'm digging Nova since Loeb left I feel like they are pushing him to be bigger than he should be too fast. He's in all the events and crossovers and stuff. I don't necessarily want that for Kamala yet. Wilson does such a great job writing her I want it stay that way.

And oh man am I loving Secret Wars...May or may not have bought every tie in so far...

i agree a lot, but Waid seemed to nail Kamala's characterization so at least that book should be fine. you could always just stick with her solo book and hope there isn't too much editorial pressure to throw her into every crossover/event going forward.

having said that, i can see her fill a spidey-esque role. 90% street level, with occasional big league shit

Azzurri

incorrect. first is Classic armor, then followed up by Silver Centurion.

lol.. good luck on finding a better one. That's only one away from the trifecta :p I still haven't found a core with both med kit affixes on it.

I think it does have the medkit on it too, but no rare item find.

I ran some cosmic term and cosmic midtown yesterday. The terms weren't all too hard because I'd just teleport to the boss so I could grind out what I wanted from that boss, but didn't get anything that I needed. BTW, Scarlet Witch really helps to farm.

The CMM was a tad harder, it's the trash mobs that kill you, you just need to move all the time.

Tendo

i agree a lot, but Waid seemed to nail Kamala's characterization so at least that book should be fine. you could always just stick with her solo book and hope there isn't too much editorial pressure to throw her into every crossover/event going forward.

having said that, i can see her fill a spidey-esque role. 90% street level, with occasional big league shit

I agree 100% I think her Shield issue is the best one yet, which was also Waid. Coulson says basically what I just said only better "I don't want her world to get too big too fast" So I'm sure ANAD will be just fine.

I'm honestly shocked with how "everywhere" Nova is that he didn't make it on the raft.

To keep it game related - Sam's Nova costume looks like garbage.

jon bones

I agree 100% I think her Shield issue is the best one yet, which was also Waid. Coulson says basically what I just said only better "I don't want her world to get too big too fast" So I'm sure ANAD will be just fine.

I'm honestly shocked with how "everywhere" Nova is that he didn't make it on the raft.

To keep it game related - Sam's Nova costume looks like garbage.

oh man, that issue was SO good.

i may need to change my avatar come ANAD...

jon bones

whats this about Waid and Kamala?

Waid is writing SHIELD right now - issue 2 was Kamala centric. He is also writing ANAD this fall and she is on the team. ANAD FCBD issue is up on comixology now

yep, the SHIELD issue is a stand alone, it's fantastic but i don't think it's on MU yet

the ANAD issue is free everywhere, i think but may contain post-Secret Wars spoilers

borghe

So I used midtown madness yesterday to gear up my Cable and Hawkeye. Mind you NEITHER of them is geared up. Cable had 4 uniques, none at 60. Hawkeye had 2 uniques, none at 60. I ended up with cable having all 60 uniques (hellfire shotgun for slot 1. his slot 1 never dropped), and hawkeye with 4 uniques (no slot 1 for him either). Cable was the biggest revelation. Prior to getting his uniques setup, I was struggling with DPS (no duh) AND spirit. Just getting him geared up right, not only did DPS skyrocket, but I stopped having spirit issues also. hmm.. Hawkeye is still squishy and not great on spirit, but god damn... he cuts through everything. A well rolled Darkhold Scroll + shrieking arrow is virtually OP.

Ok, so how come GOK and blessing are currency for other items?

Is GOK that easy to get?

no. blessings are like $1 bills. GOKs are like various sizes of gold (depending on the roll).

i.e. Easier to horde 3 beautifully rolled GOKs in your stash than it is to store 60 blessings.

blessings are currency because they are the highest value tradeable item you can farm at a consistent rate.

Azzurri

no. blessings are like $1 bills. GOKs are like various sizes of gold (depending on the roll).

i.e. Easier to horde 3 beautifully rolled GOKs in your stash than it is to store 60 blessings.

blessings are currency because they are the highest value tradeable item you can farm at a consistent rate.

So to trade a blessing to you just bless whatever blessing that person wants to a crap artifact and trade it?. Also, blessings are just Odin marks right? so it's basically just selling Odin marks.

Can I get some opinions on Luke Cage please. I'm thinking of getting him with this week.

Luke Cage was Kepow's favorite character in game for almost a full year. That should tell you all you need to know about him.

I realized when I was playing some yesterday afternoon that I've spent way too much money on sweet costumes for characters, even for characters I don't enjoy playing all that much. It's a disease and I'm sorry, but between this and Queen's boost purchases, we're funding this damn game.

Here are a few standouts:
Black Widow - Classic White, I also have Fear Itself, but this one is just too good. It really pops on the screen. Such a great costume.
7D13oDn.png

Iron Man - Guardians of the Galaxy (white) and Stealth Armor, I don't even play him. :(
1gud4W7.png

Spider-Man - Noir, I'm not 100% sold on how it actually looks in game. Very dark and the details are muddy, but hey...rare costume!
tTacSM7.png

Storm - Avengers vs. X-Men, I've never played her. Costume looks nice, though.
HWtCH66.png

Thor - Destroyed Armor, I absolutely love this. What a sweet costume.
KZfYaOl.png

I wish I could trade give some of these away to SG folks. No idea why Gaz doesn't allow that.

It's my birthday, MarvelHeroesGAF! Here's a free GOTK! :D

Happy Birthday! We all know Declarius is going to win his 50th GOTK from this raffle.

borghe

So to trade a blessing to you just bless a crap artifact and trade it to that person. Also, blessings are just Odin marks right?

it's a Hela Blessing, and yes, 100 Odin Marks. And because you can farm Odin Marks at a consistent rate through LQs and SQs, you can sort of work out how long it will take you to farm a blessing. I know XP power leveling you want to avoid story LQs.. not sure how that falls with Mark farming. Also remember you get a bonus mark for every hero's first LQ of the day.

edit - yeah I wish we could trade costumes :( I have a spare Iron Man White GOTG from Future cards that I have to blender. Kind of annoyed. You can get dupe card costumes, but when you blender them you can't potentially get a card costume in return. I wish they provided you some mechanism to trade in card costumes.. i.e. half of the value in that card's currency.

Azzurri

it's a Hela Blessing, and yes, 100 Odin Marks. And because you can farm Odin Marks at a consistent rate through LQs and SQs, you can sort of work out how long it will take you to farm a blessing. I know XP power leveling you want to avoid story LQs.. not sure how that falls with Mark farming. Also remember you get a bonus mark for every hero's first LQ of the day.

edit - yeah I wish we could trade costumes :( I have a spare Iron Man White GOTG from Future cards that I have to blender. Kind of annoyed. You can get dupe card costumes, but when you blender them you can't potentially get a card costume in return. I wish they provided you some mechanism to trade in card costumes.. i.e. half of the value in that card's currency.

Awesome, thanks a ton for the info. Clears a lot of stuff up.

Is it better to farm red terminals for specific items or cosmic? Are the drop rates higher?

i wish trading costumes was a thing, i'd kill for that Storm AvX

I would legitimately give it to you for free, bud. I bought a pack of 10 cards or something and got it. I'm never going to use it. You hear me, Doomsaw?!? Make it happen!

I want that really badly.

I mean, I'm using it on him and everything, but take comfort in the fact that it doesn't translate super well in game if you play zoomed out like I do. It becomes a bit of a muddled mess. There's a reason I never use my Black Panther Man Without Fear costume, even back when he was my main. You would have difficulty telling them apart in game, to be honest.
NkUe3KI.png

The one humorous part with Spider-Man Noir is when you zone into a new area and immediately start web swinging, the first spray comes out black. Buggy but cool.

I mean, I'm using it on him and everything, but take comfort in the fact that it doesn't translate super well in game if you play zoomed out like I do. It becomes a bit of a muddled mess.

It's a great looking costume in the comics. From what I've seen of it you're right as it doesn't come off super well in-game.

I still want it though cause it's his Noir costume, it's probably my third favourite costume after 2099 and Spider-Armour (the silver one).

If they put either of those into a fortune card I won't be happy.

Anoregon

I'm still hunting that Destroyer costume for Thor. I don't even know how many mk1 cards I've popped.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm still hunting that Destroyer costume for Thor. I don't even know how many mk1 cards I've popped.

the bullseye quest now gives a mk1 card at least (instead of a retcon). if you havent done it on all your heroes, go do it. if you have, well, thats at least 3 per new hero :p

I got the black cap costume from it the other day

the bullseye quest now gives a mk1 card at least (instead of a retcon). if you havent done it on all your heroes, go do it. if you have, well, thats at least 3 per new hero :p

I've probably run that quest like 3 times total across the full roster of characters. Looks like I have a lot of farming to do!

For the record, possible costume drops include:
Deadpool's Unmasked Costume
Iron Man's Stealth Costume
Thor's Destroyer Costume
Captain America's The Captain Costume
Wolverine's Days of Future Past Costume

I'll run it for the possible matrix of unbinding and experience potion drops!

Like Tragi was saying above with Spidey Noir it doesn't look great in-game. His legs are really weirdly proportioned.

Yeah, I absolutely love the Destroyer armor, but it's weird looking compared to the other Thor options. It looks bulky like the original Iron Man golden Avenger suit.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap I didn't know Bullseye dropped a Mark 1 FC now. Got work to do!

My biggest blending regret is definitely blending Thor Destroyer way back when FC1's dropped regularly and I thought it wasn't rare and I wasn't using it anymore anyways, because I got the Marvel Now costume. I was a fool. I've also blended IM Stealth and Deadpool Unmasked but idgaf about those.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've probably run that quest like 3 times total across the full roster of characters. Looks like I have a lot of farming to do!

For the record, possible costume drops include:
Deadpool's Unmasked Costume
Iron Man's Stealth Costume
Thor's Destroyer Costume
Captain America's The Captain Costume
Wolverine's Days of Future Past Costume

I'll run it for the possible matrix of unbinding and experience potion drops!

Yeah, I absolutely love the Destroyer armor, but it's weird looking compared to the other Thor options. It looks bulky like the original Iron Man golden Avenger suit.

if you already ran it through all the roster than you cant farm it now can you :p

it replaces the retcon reward is all

edit: wait I cant read, you said 3 times total not 3 times on each character. Yeah you have a lot of cards to get then :p

Top Bottom