• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Under twelve hours left in my b-day GotK giveaway!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dongs Macabre:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=896909.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dongs Macabre, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gem of the Kursed (Marvel Heroes) -- MB-E83EFE6BAEB72652 - Taken by AdawgDaFAB. 4 entrants total.
Just PM me your name in-game and I'll send it to you when we're both online

t1433945869z1.png

If you win I'll give it to you when we're both online, so just PM me your in-game name. Mine is Arr.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So I'm loving TU2.0, but have run into a minor problem. So my deal is... I want to play a team up with who I want to play a team up with. I don't put anyone on passive and just have guys teamed up that are fun. Drax with Hulk, Quicksilver with Scarlet Witch, Doom(bot) with Doom(bot), etc.

So the minor annoyance is in a few cases I need to keep separate pieces of gear for a single team up in the case that a character I want to play them with doesn't match another character I want to play them with. Take Spider-Man. Spider-Man with Hulk is going to be geared differently than Spider-Man with Hawkeye. With heroes it's easy because we have hero specific stashes. With team ups it's just all sort of mashed together. I mean really thinking about it, they've always handled team up gear storage miserably. Now that actual itemization for team ups is actually improved, it just casts a light on how bad gear management is for team ups.

Oh well, first world problems.

So I'm loving TU2.0, but have run into a minor problem. So my deal is... I want to play a team up with who I want to play a team up with. I don't put anyone on passive and just have guys teamed up that are fun. Drax with Hulk, Quicksilver with Scarlet Witch, Doom(bot) with Doom(bot), etc.

So the minor annoyance is in a few cases I need to keep separate pieces of gear for a single team up in the case that a character I want to play them with doesn't match another character I want to play them with. Take Spider-Man. Spider-Man with Hulk is going to be geared differently than Spider-Man with Hawkeye. With heroes it's easy because we have hero specific stashes. With team ups it's just all sort of mashed together. I mean really thinking about it, they've always handled team up gear storage miserably. Now that actual itemization for team ups is actually improved, it just casts a light on how bad gear management is for team ups.

Oh well, first world problems.

Well technically they gave you an entire free extra inventory when team-ups were released and to their credit they let you put whatever you wanted in it. I also believe they are going to add a team-up stash at some point.

KKRT00

What is best site with some high level info about the game?
I've tried to find something on google, but everything was subpar or just pointed me to boards.

What is best site with some high level info about the game?
I've tried to find something on google, but everything was subpar or just pointed me to boards.

Really the only site out there is this one, http://marvelheroes.info/

But I'd assume you were referring to that one as subpar. There are builds and theorycrafting there, but a lot of the theorycrafting - as was pointed out - occurs on the main forums on the game's official website.

KKRT00

Its only for items. I meant more about mechanics of the game, tips about farming, leveling etc.
Something like PoE wiki - http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Oh sorry, I thought high level meant like build theories and damage calculators.

People pretty much recommend holo-sim/midtown/icp for levels 1-20, and then after 20 just follow the legendary quests until you hit 60.

Farming would be getting geared enough to do Cosmic terminals, (which on some characters you can be ready to complete immediately upon hitting 60 without gearing very much) then farming cosmic terminals or one-shot terminals until you get the artifacts and uniques you want.

Once you are geared pretty well you can start looking at raids. It's also good to do the shared quests and Genosha Liberation weekly and daily quests to get hero's and protector's commendations which are the currencies for item upgrades.

It's a lot more simple than PoE in terms of progression.

Also this section of the boards: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/categories/gameplay-guides
If you're looking for specific information you can always just ask us in this thread. We're usually pretty helpful!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'll have enough coms to get my last 66 recipe once GLF weekly resets, so I am looking forward to that. Pretty close to my third 69 too.

hardcore raider /flex

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Spent over £60 in game giving the supergroup gifts :D felt so good

Ill be giving out a spider clone and gem of the kursed tomorrow more details after i finish work on how to win :D

KKRT00

Oh sorry, I thought high level meant like build theories and damage calculators.
But i mean those too :)
Like here:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Evasion
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stun
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hit_Damage_Calculation
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Block
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion

----

I mean, i get the concept of criticals and brutal strikes in Marvel, but i dont know how high can You push them.
I understand concept attributes, but what role they get in end game.
How 'gain xxx on hit' affixes works.
How important is Attack Speed in general for builds.
What should i focus on to max - base damage rating, elemental damage rating, % damage modifiers and how they stack?

On other hands, what are benefits of challenges vs zones like midtown madness. What is different in killing elites vs bosses on those zones? etc

---
Yeah, i know i can ask here, but its faster to first search for info somewhere and filter simpler question and ask for additional details :)

I'll definitely check legendary quests, because terminals didnt get as much exp as Midtown Madness runs did.
And why are there some chests drops on midtown madness? When do they happen? I havent found anything about a special event in news.

Ps. This sub-board seems to be decent at first look.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
But i mean those too :)
Like here:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Evasion
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stun
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hit_Damage_Calculation
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Block
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion

----

I mean, i get the concept of criticals and brutal strikes in Marvel, but i dont know how high can You push them.
I understand concept attributes, but what role they get in end game.
How 'gain xxx on hit' affixes works.
How important is Attack Speed in general for builds.
What should i focus on to max - base damage rating, elemental damage rating, % damage modifiers and how they stack?

On other hands, what are benefits of challenges vs zones like midtown madness. What is different in killing elites vs bosses on those zones? etc

---
Yeah, i know i can ask here, but its faster to first search for info somewhere and filter simpler question and ask for additional details :)

I'll definitely check legendary quests, because terminals didnt get as much exp as Midtown Madness runs did.
And why are there some chests drops on midtown madness? When do they happen? I havent found anything about a special event in news.

Midtown madness is every monday for that day every boss in midtown drops them chests.

Most people aim for crit % to be around 50 - 55% after that its heavy diminishing returns.

If im a mental hero ill get my crit n brut up then go for mental dmg etc. Alot of x on hit have internal cooldowns of up to 3 seconds. Only one that doesn't is relic of lemuria.

Im at work but many people in the official forums for heroes have skill calculators n how x effects work etc

"Midtown Madness" occurs on Mondays in the Midtown Patrol zone. The week before the anniversary they actually had a full week of Midtown Madness. This is when the extra chests drop off of bosses in that zone.

The MH compendium (google doc/first link) and other discussions in the gameplay guide section of the forums is probably what you want. The other problem is that the devs change things quite a bit - for instance, the dodge mechanic has been changed multiple times since I started playing a year and a half ago. People try to keep up with it, and some of the devs even help with dps calculators on the forums, but it's hard when things change all the time.

I am mostly casual and just try to get gear with the "big numbers" so I already can't help you much more.

...and Queen's got ya too!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah in Diablo 3 they eventually had to swap Dodge to a straight %mitigation stat, because "take no damage or get 1-shot" is not a good mechanic.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah in Diablo 3 they eventually had to swap Dodge to a straight %mitigation stat, because "take no damage or get 1-shot" is not a good mechanic.

It never is because one shot end game mechanics means no one will bother gear for utility or defense because u can't counter one shots.

Its my main issue with marvel heroes. Its why everyone hust goes crit n brut because.

inky

Ill be giving out a spider clone and gem of the kursed tomorrow more details after i finish work on how to win :D

Missed this post earlier, and now I log in to a surprise. Holy shit, Queenie, why are you gifting so much stuff? We (I) are not worthy.

You've gone mad with power again.
The power of giving :p
Thanks a lot.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Missed this post earlier, and now I log in to a surprise. Holy shit, Queenie, why are you gifting so much stuff? We (I) are not worthy.

Thanks a lot.

Hehe because i like us and we all help each other.

Im waiting for frost infero to return now n see :D

Doomsaw posted other day that devs arent posting much cos they are working on things for later this month. Dat howard or magik not so surprise release

Thanks a lot.
Queen of Gifting. :D

Congrats to AdawgDaFAB for winning the GotK. I'll get it to you when we're both online.
I WA SHOCK! \o/

Lord Phol

Hey whoa what! Was really suprised to login and find cards in my inventory, thanks alot, that's awesome of you ^^.
Do tell if you are ever in need of something in-game and I'll gladly help out to the best of my abilities!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Ty for the candy bar

Theres more going out soon im waiting for the next sale to give more bout because itll probs be boosts.

Yea more g store gifts are coming to a babe of gaf near u

Anoregon

Theres more going out soon im waiting for the next sale to give more bout because itll probs be boosts.

Yea more g store gifts are coming to a babe of gaf near u

Kepow pulled a doom teamup from the cards you got him, so you should either be proud or extremely upset about what you've done.

inky

Of course he did.

You people don't know this but the few times I've complained at length about FCs here and in game he gifts me one to taunt me with some silly message. Such a fucking troll, lol.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
How do we 'win' these gifts?

These arent win they are for everyone i cant do everyone at once look like im abusing gift system.

Yea kepow is great he gifted me on steam final fantasy x 13 2 n the devil may cry 4 revamp coming next week from my wishlist

Anoregon

Of course he did.

You people don't know this but the few times I've complained at length about FCs here and in game he gifts me one to taunt me with some silly message. Such a fucking troll, lol.

lol yeah kepow has gifted me a couple of cards over the last year or so. Always a single future foundation card, always results in a disappointing boost. It's like he knows.

I keep trying to get him to gift me the thing fear itself costume due to how much he used to say he loved thing, because if he really loved thing he would do that.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Gem of the kursed and spider clone give away details.

Guess how much i have spent on marvel heroes, whoever comes nearest gets spider whoever is second gets gem.

A hint to help everyone i have spent more than £1000 but less than £5000

Ill be giving out other artifacts like task guides etc to others. Also more g store gifts coming soon

Anoregon

I'll go with, oh, 2350 of your british sterlings.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im going to go ahead and assume this isnt real, even if they are pushing Hyperion lately (and he's in the ANAD banner)

latest

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well I was assuming it wasnt real. wouldnt shock me if he was in next year's pack tho

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
if Hyperion is in before Sentry i'ma be so mad

and because I really want a SCS I'm gonna guess Queen has spent around 4000 pounds? Queen of Boosts, after all.

also someone offered a SWGN and an SCS for my Iron Legion Armor Sheath. Didn't take him up on it, not sure if it's a great offer. I think I want a Lizard serum at least.

Rhaknar

if Hyperion is in before Sentry i'ma be so mad

if the character that has been around for over 2 years and all signs point for them to continue pushing is in and the character that nobody remembers and will never return isnt in makes you mad?

Top Bottom