• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Sblargh

Banned
I'll be rocking Lady Mandarin in a few days. I'm almost as excited about the costume than I am for the Psylocke changes.

If they do a costume bogo (because my religion only allow me to buy heroes and costumes on bogo), I'll probably get that, too.

I'm still uneasy on the changes, tho, I was having a lot of fun leveling her. That "don't fix what is not broken" feel.

If they do a costume bogo (because my religion only allow me to buy heroes and costumes on bogo), I'll probably get that, too.

I'm still uneasy on the changes, tho, I was having a lot of fun leveling her. That "don't fix what is not broken" feel.

Having raided and run cosmics on her consistently, she's certainly not broken. The issue is she requires a ridiculous amount on gear to keep her survivable and doing above average damage. I could slap the artifacts I have on her onto most post-review melee characters and be more effective. My Wolverine was doing almost double the damage while remaining practically invincible with basically the exact same setup.

I view these QOL efforts as more of bringing characters in line with one another. In Psylocke's case that means a defensive barrier, better stealth mechanics, and a direct boost to her damage.

I'm not on the test center, but one of the more accomplished Psylocke players is testing her with a big improvement to her raid dummy kill time that will jump her up quite a bit relative to her current output. I hope we see the same for Ghost Rider on Friday.

I've played a little bit of pvp. It's like a single lane moba from what I can tell. This was a long time ago too so I don't know how much has changed, but I was just getting crushed in there.

So many games this fall that are taking me away from Marvel. I should at least get the green raid done every week. I still need 3/5 of the 66 item grade recipes.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually looking forward to all the QoL characters and Cyke's review more than I am to Nova this patch. For a character that was worked on for so long, he came out super underwhelming. Aside from Magneton Pulsar (which looks really cool), his visuals aren't even anything to write home about. I think it's safe to say he never left "side-project status".

Lord Phol

Yeah he has some things going for him that are really neat, while others seem almost incomplete. His meele animations and visuals are pretty crap while some of his other moves like Falling Star and Nova Rush look great. He has only like 1 or 2 semi-efficient builds and the Pulsar mechanics while interesting feels half-finished. Overall he just feels rushed, guess he will be another QoL hero in 6 months or so. Gotta give props for making a crashdown power that I actually like though, looks rad.

Cyclops rework really is awesome, probably the best so far IMO. Will definetly be spending time on him.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
nova to me feels like what a pre 52 hero feels like, he also feels like a vanillia gambit.

nova was probs finished pre release or some what after, then they slowly changed few things after they got ok from marvel. but for me i see him getting many changes down line.

Gothos

We were telling you guys he's nothing special, but you didn't want to believe us :p I'm also more excited about Cyke rework than Nova. And that new sexy camera - I just wonder how it will affect performance in MM...

I got Thing to 30.

I...like him?

I went all the way to 60 and when I mentioned it, everyone was like "damn, good work, that's a hard slog" but I have to be honest, I didn't think he was a bad character at all. Certainly not in the same tier as Hawkeye, Punisher etc..

Drayco21

Did this get posted yet?

Data miners found more stuff, presumably from the test center:

All New Marvel Now Armored Wolverine
Classic Nova
Earth X Thor

Marvel_Heroes_Datamine_11.10_.x6.png
Marvel_Heroes_Datamine_11.10_.x4.png
Marvel_Heroes_Datamine_11.10_.x5.png

I'm a little surprised it took this long to get to this Wolverine costume, but it looks solid. Earth X Thor seems fine too. Classic Nova looks crazy weird to me.

Agent Coulson Team-Up Model

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ill wait for the current Thor costume for my "female Thor" fix

I got Thing to 30.

I...like him?

I went all the way to 60 and when I mentioned it, everyone was like "damn, good work, that's a hard slog" but I have to be honest, I didn't think he was a bad character at all. Certainly not in the same tier as Hawkeye, Punisher etc..

Thing is a fun character to play as.

Sudden appreciation for Benjamin J Grimm? What is this madness? ... :p

I'm looking forward to his eventual review. There's not all too much variability in terms of how one can build his powers. However, he's got decent power, lots of survivability, a strong Ultimate and a fun rotation. With the right tweaking, he could become a great character.

Lord Phol

I think the default nova costume is my favorite nova costume.

Yeah it will be hard to be excited by another Nova Costume when his default is the most awesome one :p. Can't understand the people who rather play as Sam >>. Even if you disregard his origin and (A-hole) personality, the costume is just meh and the animations are way worse than Nova Prime. The way he floats, his meele animations, some people just don't have taste I tell you!

wat the heck?! why are his hands so huge?

That's not what she said!

because he's huge all around

That's what she said!

Anyone know how long the +damage from Power Cosmic lasts? I'm thinking of using Angel for my Cyke's Strike Team support and I'm curious if it would be beneficial to switch to that vs the Bow Legendary I currently have on him. The rest of my build will be all ranged, energy based. Thus, they would be the only proc I have to get the + Energy rating, while the + Physical will always be active. I'd idealy be activating the attack every 8s on CD.

I was going to use Jean since her attack is strong and energy based, which fits with my gearing. However, I don't like how long the attack takes. Scott is left standing there, vulnerable, as the animation plays out. It breaks up my combat flow and puts me in danger. Also, Jean and Beast stick around in the Ult, so you have to wait for it to finish before using a Strike Team attack. I haven't tested this yet, but I'd imagine Iceman and Angel can still be used in this situation (they are only part of the initial hit for the Ult).

Dec

Anyone know how long the +damage from Power Cosmic lasts? I'm thinking of using Angel for my Cyke's Strike Team support and I'm curious if it would be beneficial to switch to that vs the Bow Legendary I currently have on him. The rest of my build will be all ranged, energy based. Thus, they would be the only proc I have to get the + Energy rating, while the + Physical will always be active. I'd idealy be activating the attack every 8s on CD.

I was going to use Jean, but I don't like how long it takes with Scott standing there, vulnerable, as the animation plays out. It breaks up my combat flow and puts me in danger. Also, Jean and Beast stick around in the Ult, so you have to wait for it to finish before using a Strike Team attack. I haven't tested this yet, but I'd imagine Iceman and Angel can still be used in this situation (they are only part of the initial hit for the Ult).

Pretty sure it's 12 seconds. 8s would definitely work.

Vecks

Haven't really been playing lately, just logging in for the gifts. On day 96. It's kind of weird not to get much of anything anymore in the 90's. But I'm nearing day 100 for the "exclusive" vanity pet. I hope it's not a palette-swapped old lace.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
sounds like great ultron is the 100 day login exclusive pet

Haven't really been playing lately, just logging in for the gifts. On day 96. It's kind of weird not to get much of anything anymore in the 90's. But I'm nearing day 100 for the "exclusive" vanity pet. I hope it's not a palette-swapped old lace.

You'll get the rewards next patch. Aside from the special ones, the rewards are exactly the same on a rotation. Not sure why they didn't activate the ones in the 90s in a prior patch knowing we'd be getting there, but it's no loss.

I know they've mentioned a Punisher H.E.R.B.I.E. that was being worked on. Is that for the Daily Reward or is that for the AP2?

AP2.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I didnt get the armor tech daily unique box today, only the normal daily login reward :/

1 less box for Nova, oh well

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Not only was there no daily bonus, but I caved and bought in the hero sale.

And promptly got a hero I already have from the random box. Well now I have an excuse to go back to leveling Colossus, I guess. Not tonight. Figure by the weekend I'll feel less disgusted with having dropped that five bucks.

Not only was there no daily bonus, but I caved and bought in the hero sale.

And promptly got a hero I already have from the random box. Well now I have an excuse to go back to leveling Colossus, I guess. Not tonight. Figure by the weekend I'll feel less disgusted with having dropped that five bucks.

I've spent a ridiculous amount on this game for, quite often, duplicates haha..

Got all the Heroes now though, so no more BOGOs for me.

The day before the patch goes live they put out a build to see if there are any major outstanding bugs so they can fix them. If the game isn't completely ruined, they'll just release that version of the patch.

Top Bottom