• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If I'm going to farm a specific artifact is it better to get the bounty or just boss rush?

It's better to get tattoos and a phone for selfies. Scientifically proven to help with boss drops

Dec

mmo official forums are the internet's bottom of the shoe, why exactly are you even making threads there?

This is a hilarious theme in GAF community threads. Though in most of them there is a huge amount of cross-posting to laugh at people on official forums and it derails forever.

Anyways... MH official forums are not that bad and the people that complain don't even go there (thus the reliance on someone that does to crosspost dev news here).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This is a hilarious theme in GAF community threads. Though in most of them there is a huge amount of cross-posting to laugh at people on official forums and it derails forever.

Anyways... MH official forums are not that bad and the people that complain don't even go there (thus the reliance on someone that does to crosspost dev news here).

It has nothing to with gaf. I thought...knew that long before I was on gaf. It's not opinion, it's fact. Every mmo official forum I've seen is garbage

Rhaknar

I'll rephrase that to "in my opinion official mmo forums are trash", I don't hold claim to what is or isn't fact afterall, my bad.

Azzurri

I prestige Star-Lord to green with 700% xp boost and server side and it was like an hour. It was so awesome. I think I'm gonna go for Red, because I really don't care for the Cosmic Color and how long it would take.

Last night I finally got my cake and I only have 3 more areas to clear till I get my Hulk Tux costume. Unfortunately one of those areas is Fisk Tower story mode.

Tendo

It's better to get tattoos and a phone for selfies. Scientifically proven to help with boss drops

This is not good advice. No one wants to look at my mug.

Srsly tho - I need artifacts and runes - best way to get rune drops and should I just boss rush the artifacts or earn chests? I'm an end game noob. usually I just level to 60 and then move on but Doom got me like whoa.

I usually don't bother with the bounties especially since bosses can now drop an extra cosmic loot box with the right affix. For me it's all about speed.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
There should be a specific branch of selfies that you take while catching a sweet wave called surfies.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
my rif is on 1260% the server side is on 176% so what does that make my % ?

ive had 3 gems this morning and 2 of them came from the bounty chests

Azzurri

For some reason only HoN drops for me; although, I did get the Tasky guide today, rolls where mid, but I re rolled for better stats.

That Tomb Raider news is awesome. 1000 treasure rooms is still alot, but I will eventually grind it out for that black and red Starlord costume.
I took Nova as my free character the other day. He felt piss-weak until I got him into the 50's. He is such a cool looking character though, with some nice flashy attacks. I tried to build him around movement powers (the Rhino-charge one mainly), but he still seemed to take a lot of damage despite moving around a lot.
His pose emote is also one of the best in the game IMO

rJls5rS4vMB8kkL9LppxLUtkkkD6FU8qUQHCkM_iTTY=w134-h253-no

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
That Tomb Raider news is awesome. 1000 treasure rooms is still alot, but I will eventually grind it out for that black and red Starlord costume.
I took Nova as my free character the other day. He felt piss-weak until I got him into the 50's. He is such a cool looking character though, with some nice flashy attacks. I tried to build him around movement powers (the Rhino-charge one mainly), but he still seemed to take a lot of damage despite moving around a lot.
His pose emote is also one of the best in the game IMO

rJls5rS4vMB8kkL9LppxLUtkkkD6FU8qUQHCkM_iTTY=w134-h253-no

I played with Nova up to the 10 cap, I enjoyed what I played and will probably move on to him after I finish Vision. It is all about the flashy attacks.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I almost bought Nova with splinters, but since there are at least 3 (probably 4, counting ant-man) heroes i plan to get with splinters coming out in the next few months I am holding off.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
my rif is on 1260% the server side is on 176% so what does that make my % ?

ive had 3 gems this morning and 2 of them came from the bounty chests

out of curiousity, can you post how you hit the account side number?

I am not opposed to spending real $$$ for big account boosts in cases like that.

This is not good advice. No one wants to look at my mug.

Srsly tho - I need artifacts and runes - best way to get rune drops and should I just boss rush the artifacts or earn chests? I'm an end game noob. usually I just level to 60 and then move on but Doom got me like whoa.

Sadly I think you won't get an answer without some actual math involved.. basically it comes down to: can you rush the boss x times faster than it takes to complete x bounties. Kurse is probably a perfect example where it might be worth it to grab at least one bounty as you have to clear the lieutenants anyway. Doom is so friggin far away from the entrance that it's probably worthwhile to grab at least one bounty for him also. MODOK has SERIOUS mob density and distance from entrance, so maybe. Guys like Sinister, Tasky, Kingpin, etc.. definitely not.

RIF pot - 50%
RIF bar - 100% (up to 200% if you use five)
Iridium pot - 50%
Beach Party RIF boost - 50%
RIF boon - 25%
Avengers boost - 100% (up to 200% with four other party members)
Achiever's brew - 7%
Bounty Hunter boost - 200%
Cosmic Penta boost - 100% (up to 200% if you use five)
Galactic Guardian boost - 200%
iBoost - 150%
Odin's Bounty - 50%
Omega boost - 100%
Team Up boost - 100%
Collector's Bounty - 200%
Summer boost - 200%
Winter boost - 200%
Sweet Candy Rush boost - 100% (200% if you use five)
Spring Candy boost - 70%
Patrol boost - 100%

This should be the full list. These all stack with each other (as far as I know), so you're looking at 2152% with a single use of everything and 2552% at an absolute maximum.

Also looks like Carnage may very well be playable some day!

Indignate

I still roll my eyes at these people who are scared of villain characters.

Edit: Oh gawd, this post. Dude should be working on political campaigns.

Does anybody happen to know an officially published story about Carnage where he Language! someone or mutilates some children? That might change Disney's notion of allowing him in. Racist or anti-semitic remarks would also be fine.

God, I hate the idea of including such "characters" as playable.

EDIT: The censor got my question whether he ever "forced himself" on another person.

I still roll my eyes at these people who are scared of villain characters.

Edit: Oh gawd, this post. Dude should be working on political campaigns.

I mean I don't like playing as villains but at least with Juggernaut and Magneto, and maybe even possibly Doom, it makes sense. Carnage doesn't make sense at all unless they are using some version of him that I don't know about. Also symbiotes are really dumb. The less of them, the better.

Anoregon

Fuck all that. I want to play as Omega Red and Thanos and Carnage and Blackheart and whoever else. Stipulations are for hosers.

J-Tier

Give me all the villains. I want to play as MODOK, Red Skull, Mystique, Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Super Skrull, Bullseye, the Kingpin, Thanos, etc. It's obnoxious that they have to try and shoehorn a villain in under the rule of them needing to be a hero at some point in their history.

The whole immersion and accuracy thing already went out the window after you encounter four deadpools and five thors in the same room anyways, seeing villains running around won't change a thing. It just gives more creative freedom in playable character types they can choose from.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Apocalypse is the best and was fun to play in the xmen games

Azzurri

Fuck all that. I want to play as Omega Red and Thanos and Carnage and Blackheart and whoever else. Stipulations are for hosers.

Give me all the villains. I want to play as MODOK, Red Skull, Mystique, Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Super Skrull, Bullseye, the Kingpin, Thanos, etc. It's obnoxious that they have to try and shoehorn a villain in under the rule of them needing to be a hero at some point in their history.

The whole immersion and accuracy thing already went out the window after you encounter four deadpools and five thors in the same room anyways, seeing villains running around won't change a thing. It just gives more creative freedom in playable character types they can choose from.

This is how I feel. I get it's 'Hero's' but I would love to play as Carnage or Omega Red

Azzurri

I have now found the darkest corner of the internet where there are multiple people who actually like Omega Red.

I don't know why, but for some reason I've always like Omega Red. It has to do with the original fighting game he was on in Arcades about 20 years ago.

There are a bunch of developers working on Marvel games that will start showing up next E3 and the E3 after that. its just that this year Disney is focusing everything on Star Wars
I'll believe it when I see it. Marvel movies have been popular for years and there hasn't really been any development in anything other than mobile since deadpool came and went.

Top Bottom