• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

They already said Lang is default, so classic needs to be enhanced or he'd be stuck with Scott's voice and personality, and Scott fucking sucks.

I assumed that would be what happens. Modern Scott Lang as default w/ Movie as the Alt and Enhanced Classic Pym released later.

All three will be available on launch, but they're still not being specific about Hank Pym or Scott Lang movie for the advance pack owners.

Scott Lang comics is most likely the default.

Ryolnir said:
I can say all three will be available at launch (one default, two in the store).

edit: I am just going to resign myself to the fact that I'll end up with two Scott Lang costumes and I'll have to wait until the next sale to get enhanced Pym :(

What's that third Ant-Man costume from? I quite like that one.
Scott Lang's comic costume.
OdLXlCE.jpg

inky

Does he carry anything in that utility belt?

People are going to disagree with me I guess, but I hate how detailed the texturework has got in the more recent costumes (more recent = last year). A) Doesn't fit the game's aesthetic and it looks out of place (unless they go back and redo everything else) B) In-game visual quality is a bit crap anyways so they look muddy at best. I already have to launch the game outside of steam and downsample it (with a framerate hit in the busy areas) just so it kinda looks decent. I hate Magneto's classic costume for example.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Where are the dumpsters for Rocket's Achievements?

chapter 5, mutant slums or whatever it's called, where everything is on fire and purifiers are there and occasionally Mega Sentinel drops in. Just run laps around the perimeter. When I was doing it I was competing with another random Rocket player so apparently I figured out the best spot independently of everyone too.

Also it's a stupid achievement.

also kinda sorta see where you're coming from Inky, this game's sort of lacking a cohesive aesthetic, but they're going for some level of realism on the designs now that doesn't really shine in an isometric game like this. But judging from the forums players like to zoom in and stare at their heroes in hubs and assess every strain of hair and body proportions or whatever so I guess they're catering to that crowd. Either way it's not like I super mind because while the details may be lost during gameplay, it doesn't hurt me that they're there.

Also I totally did buy that Spider-Man costume that's just the basic design that doesn't look like ass and has the slightly more mature Spidey voice.

Cool, thanks.

If I buy a costume for him it would be that one. His default is good too though so I certainly won't rush to buy it.

I don't see them putting the movie one as his default, so the Lang comic outfit will likely be the default costume. The other comic one is classic Pym, and they've already confirmed that playable Ant-Man is Lang by default.

I don't see them putting the movie one as his default, so the Lang comic outfit will likely be the default costume. The other comic one is classic Pym, and they've already confirmed that playable Ant-Man is Lang by default.

Oh so the one I like is going to be his default? Then I'm happy then.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
going to run a competition soon and its going to be for the 5000g boost bundle.

just thought id give a heads up :p

inky

That's so weak. It was MK I right?

Like, that's ~150 cards IF you own all the characters and IF you level them all to 60 at which point you probably already spent a giant amount of time and money in the game anyways.

Are they that scared you can get 1 or 2 already free costumes and a bunch of boosts? You can get 150 cards in less than 2 months of doing terminals, probably 1 month with how often they throw cube shards your way.

Meh.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
its more stupid because most people kill bullseye to get the recon potions before they took them out.

i doubt many people have many heroes left to kill bullseye anyway.

ok so new players can it would have been a good little extra for them.

on that subject why do they keep removing things from drops ? i havent seen a mark 1 card drop since christmas.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
wow glad I farmed bullseye for all those Mark 1s already then. I got like 80ish iirc, zero costumes :(

Indignate

What's Hoya's name over at the main forums?

Her face and hair are amazing, the body is also really good. The costume I am not a fan. She's definitely not fat anymore. But can we please have a sexy costume now? All of Jean's costume are so covered and not sexy. I need to wear something sexy for her Dark Phoenix.

They already said Lang is default, so classic needs to be enhanced or he'd be stuck with Scott's voice and personality, and Scott fucking sucks.

Disappointed. i'll have to suck it along white Magneto and Dumbclops.

Does he carry anything in that utility belt?

People are going to disagree with me I guess, but I hate how detailed the texturework has got in the more recent costumes (more recent = last year). A) Doesn't fit the game's aesthetic and it looks out of place (unless they go back and redo everything else) B) In-game visual quality is a bit crap anyways so they look muddy at best. I already have to launch the game outside of steam and downsample it (with a framerate hit in the busy areas) just so it kinda looks decent. I hate Magneto's classic costume for example.

I dislike the supertexturing and hyperrealism (especially when it's not even that good) too but the biggest problem is lack of a art direction/design guide. They had a fixed style at the beginning (with only female faces varying in style), so everything belonged, but from movie costumes to new modellers, everything became a mess.
And if you look at Contest of Champions, it doesn't look like Marvel has a "use our movie models" rule at all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my fault for not associating MKII with it, but I just noticed when I logged in that the Ironman team up with be the all silver one...ugh. So its basically going to look like War Machine-lite. Thats not what I want to use with War Machine proper >_>

you had plenty of red and gold costumes to choose from, and you make it the silver one. what am I missing

I'm really conflicted. I want to play the event, but I also want to complete the Fixit achievement and get my Hulk Tux. Why do I have such terrible timing??? At least one of the last 3 areas I'm clearing is the Bronx Zoo.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
my fault for not associating MKII with it, but I just noticed when I logged in that the Ironman team up with be the all silver one...ugh. So its basically going to look like War Machine-lite. Thats not what I want to use with War Machine proper >_>

you had plenty of red and gold costumes to choose from, and you make it the silver one. what am I missing

You could always invest in the Extremis omega tree!

I want to play as Iron Man with Iron Man teamup and the Iron Man summon from Extremis. Just for kicks. And summon an iron buddy.

Also this is the best event but I've totally not been feeling MH the last 2 weeks. Just not in the mood to play it at all.

What's Hoya's name over at the main forums?

"Her face and hair are amazing, the body is also really good. The costume I am not a fan. She's definitely not fat anymore. But can we please have a sexy costume now? All of Jean's costume are so covered and not sexy. I need to wear something sexy for her Dark Phoenix."

My name there is the same as it is here, so thats not my words you quoted.
That costumes not meant to be "sexy" anyway, so Im not really bothered by how it looks. And Iol at that guy considering Jean to be fat. He's entitled to his opinion, but I just said on the forums the other day that many of the original/old/launch/pre-Psylocke female bodies are the best looking ones.

StMeph

As a new player with only 5 characters I thought I would take advantage of BOGO, get some cheap 450G characters, and hope for something interesting with the random box.

I ended up pulling two duplicates. Really, RNG? Really? Maybe there's an initial pass check for dupe/not dupe when rolling, because that is insane. 1/43 * 1/43 is a 0.05% chance. And yet Sinister doesn't want to drop his Cuirass, nor Ultron and his Encephalo-Beam. QQQQ

And if you look at Contest of Champions, it doesn't look like Marvel has a "use our movie models" rule at all.

I would expect that it has more to do with potential sales interest. I've seen a lot of people using movie skins, despite feeling like they look out of place in the game and all their faces looking squashed.

Volimar

BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS BEHOLD MY CREATIONS

I would expect that it has more to do with potential sales interest. I've seen a lot of people using movie skins, despite feeling like they look out of place in the game and all their faces looking squashed.

Was talking about the art style, if I'm not terribly mistaken, Gaz just adapts received models for movie costumes instead of 'fresh' modelling themselves. Contest of Champions has movie costumes, but they are 'translated' to the game's core visual, unlike Marvel Heroes.

Top Bottom