• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cosmic Advance Pack

Thanos
Blackbolt
Medusa
Warlock
Ronan
Gamora
Moondragon
Super Skrull
Quasar
Phylla-Vell
Drax
Mantis

giphy.gif

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
ANT MAN

two voice confirmed
UC__MarvelPlayerAudio_AntMan_HankPym_SF

UC__MarvelPlayerAudio_AntMan_ScottLang_SF

costumes

UC__MarvelPlayer_AntMan_SL_AvengersNOW_SF
UC__MarvelPlayer_AntMan_HP_Classic_SF

skills
UC__PowerAntMan_Anthill_SF
UC__MarvelConditionEffect_FireAnts_AntMan_SF
UC__PowerAntMan_FireAntAttack_SF
UC__PowerAntMan_SummonAntWall_SF
UC__PowerAntMan_GiantManFoot_SF

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lame variants.

And Ant-Man was confirmed to have Nova style costumes a while back. Pretty sure we'll get an O'Grady one too.

I meant for release. Weren't we assuming it would be marvel now default, movie alt?

Bonethug

Any recommendations on who to level next?
Just getting back into the game and the past 2 weeks have been a blast to level these guys up to 60. So far, Ghost Rider and Rocket have been my favorites to level.
I prefer heroes that don't have a 8 button rotation.

xGrxMfG.png

Dec

hahahaha this is fucking hilarious to me

like Thor is A-tier. what is going on.

He was but a lot of heroes have come out since then that are extremely strong, plus other heroes improved much more than him with the new legendary items because there is no power cosmic ilvl80.

He is great, just a bit lacking in damage compared to a very large portion of the cast at this point.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
He was but a lot of heroes have come out since then that are extremely strong, plus other heroes improved much more than him with the new legendary items because there is no power cosmic ilvl80.

He is great, just a bit lacking in damage compared to a very large portion of the cast at this point.

To be fair he is still in alot better place than quite a few heroes.

For heroes getting changes i think anyone would tell you he wouldn't have been at the top for changes.

Yea he isn't as strong as new heroes but hes in alot better place than many others.

But we are in an endless cycle they need to have a target point and get everyone to there or they are going to constantly be reviewing people.

Im sure in 6 months time he will be benched by many

Just look at surfer they nerfed emf cos it was to strong now they are going to revert it back that shows u power creep is real n very much so present

Balancing characters is a ball ache in any game, I can't imagine what it's like trying to balance all the characters in this one and the constant release of new ones they add too. I guess that's not really their concern though, whatever keeps people playing and buying.

Rhaknar

Magik is (or continues to be) on one of the X-Men books relaunch after secret wars, so 12th character even more likely, around October when the book launches?

Dec

To be fair he is still in alot better place than quite a few heroes.

For heroes getting changes i think anyone would tell you he wouldn't have been at the top for changes.

Yea he isn't as strong as new heroes but hes in alot better place than many others.

But we are in an endless cycle they need to have a target point and get everyone to there or they are going to constantly be reviewing people.

Im sure in 6 months time he will be benched by many

Just look at surfer they nerfed emf cos it was to strong now they are going to revert it back that shows u power creep is real n very much so present

The heroes that need more than Thor need more than just tuning, they need item reviews.

Thor has good items but needs a little tuning is all. Not a big deal.

Rhaknar

New Angela ongoing too, I would be shocked if she wasn't in the next Advance Pack at this point

Sabretooth, Mystique and Fantomex in Uncanny... yo Drayco Fantomex still around and getting a promotion from x-force to x-men, could it be? :3

Mystique would be an awful hero for the game, as would Sabretooth

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The heroes that need more than Thor need more than just tuning, they need item reviews.

Thor has good items but needs a little tuning is all. Not a big deal.

Yea i was just saying in general. If its a quick few changes then sure.

Hopefully johnny gets some good changes but hes part of fantastic 4 so im not expecting much

Rhaknar

Yea i was just saying in general. If its a quick few changes then sure.

Hopefully johnny gets some good changes but hes part of fantastic 4 so im not expecting much

I think you mean he's part of the Uncanny Inhumans there Queenie

Drayco21

New Angela ongoing too, I would be shocked if she wasn't in the next Advance Pack at this point

Sabretooth, Mystique and Fantomex in Uncanny... yo Drayco Fantomex still around and getting a promotion from x-force to x-men, could it be? :3

Mystique would be an awful hero for the game, as would Sabretooth

Man, next year's advance pack is going to be a real pile of hot garbage.

Fucking Angela, goddamn.

Thing is, now that they have the high health dummy up, disparity between characters will reveal itself even more. There will need to be at least one more full round of tuning (with a goal post that doesn't move with new releases/reviews). The new Team Up system is also throwing things for a loop.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My loves! I missed so much! Gay marriage! My birthday! Kepow still being banned!

At long last I can post nonsense about comics I don't read again.

600px-fuck_the_police_frogs.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Also yesterday Queen gifted me the 36 asgard card pack, and I got 2 visual artifacts and the king thor teamup. RNGesus (and Queen) be praised.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Also yesterday Queen gifted me the 36 asgard card pack, and I got 2 visual artifacts and the king thor teamup. RNGesus (and Queen) be praised.

At the same time i gifted frost 3 36 bundles n get got not one visual lol

So i gave him mine.

I have 197 arrows from asgard cards

176 bovenheim portals

also

We'll be publishing this week's patch on Tuesday or Wednesday, since it's a short work week in America with the July 4th holiday.

Public Test Center will be updated today with some design updates from over the weekend. This includes some bug fixes, some Tuning Corner buffs/nerfs (mostly buffs, @Psilocke has been teasing a few of these) and hopefully the final version of the Falcon as Captain America team-up.

Operation Omega will be the next event, likely starting FRIDAY. (We'll get confirmation from @TheCosmicCupcake on exact timing of everything).

Big Ten will run until Thursday midnight.

Later in July we'll be relaunching the A.R.M.O.R. Incursion event with a few changes (new items, new mechanism for acquiring Drives, achievements).

Ant-Man is the next hero scheduled for release. Testing will start in July and he'll be ready for release sometime in July, based on testing feedback.

Cable's 52 will come shortly after Ant-Man - exact timing TBD based on testing.

I believe there are about 3 powers that had some incorrect tuning tags that would constitute a nerf and about 6 that had incorrect tags that were too low (and are effectively "buffed").

Something in that range.

fully expecting doctor doom nerfs

Volimar

You guys if you have someone to cosmic prestige, do it now. I swear I can't tell the difference between this and the other prestige levels right now. Cosmic Ms. Marvel already in the lvl 30's. Bummer that the only boosts I have left are achievement brews. Chugging them like crazy.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
You guys if you have someone to cosmic prestige, do it now. I swear I can't tell the difference between this and the other prestige levels right now. Cosmic Ms. Marvel already in the lvl 30's. Bummer that the only boosts I have left are achievement brews. Chugging them like crazy.

dat level 55 - 60 is still a shit wank at 2000% xp

1 hero to cosmic is enough for me lol

Every time I log I'm greeted by a lv2 Spider-man that I just can't bring myself to level.
I'm 200 odins off lv80 legendary for him, but with Ant-man coming, I just might let Spider alone.

I don't know why but leveling felt slower for me today. Maybe I just wasn't as interested in playing today? I don't know. I wish there was a place where we could see what the total bonuses were both on character and server side.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why but leveling felt slower for me today. Maybe I just wasn't as interested in playing today? I don't know. I wish there was a place where we could see what the total bonuses were both on character and server side.

server side has been bugged this week

it didnt change on friday and its still on same % as it was on sunday.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
THOR

Spinning Strike - now has execute affix, will no longer slide during animation
Odinforce - now grants 5% more damage to all powers while imbued
The Anti-Force - spirit cost removed, critical damage rating replaced with critical damage percent
Bring the Thunder - duration increased to 8s. Fixed an issue that caused Odinforce to decay while he was still standing in hotspot.
Rolling Thunder - duration increased to 8s
For Asgard! - duration and cooldown both decreased by 16% so the cooldown can line up with his Signature at 50 ranks. - Fixed an issue in which his health on hit proc did not have an internal cooldown.
Asgardian Smite - slight increase to base damage

HUMAN TORCH

Fuel for the Flame - added damage rating vs burning targets, critical hit rating, and brutal strike rating
Flame On - added 20% increased critical hit and brutal strike chance while active
Scattering Blaze - converted to a pure DoT power, duration increased to 8s
Scorching Pyre - duration increased to 8s
Incinerating Blast - damage now scales with attack speed and gains 10% bonus damage per DoT on affected enemies. Base damage slightly reduced as a result of above buffs. Power can no longer be beam weaved.
Homing Flares - also gains 10% bonus damage per DoT on affected enemies
Thermal Intensity - damage rating while standing in fire hotspots now extends for 10s, so Johnny no longer needs to stay inside the hotspot to gain its benefits
SILVER SURFER

Electromagnetic Flux - base damage increased and has new affix that grants +25% damage to targets affected by Subspace Rift, Deconstruction, and Event Horizon (75% max). The damage bonus from ramping up now persists for 5s after channeling ends, allowing Surfer time to move and cast his supplementary powers.
Particle Burst - base damage increased, bosskiller replaced with affix that grants +50% damage to targets affected by Subspace Rift, Deconstruction, and Event Horizon (150% max)
Event Horizon - radius increased, but is no longer affected by Power Duration.
COLOSSUS

Crushing Smite base damage greatly increased, cooldown increased to 6s

Titanic Slam base damage increased, cooldown decreased to 7s

TASKMASTER

Anti-Heroic Charge - the 10% damage negation affix has been migrated to Flawless Emulation, with each proc now granting 10%
DR. DOOM and ROCKET RACCOON

Dr. Doom's Latverian Doombots and Rocket Raccoon's Time Warp Turret will no longer deal explosion damage if they are manually re-summoned. They will only deal explosion damage if defeated by an enemy.

Dr. Doom's Latverian Air Defense and Rocket Raccoon's Battery Specialization will now give bonus damage equal to 25% of Summoned Ally Damage.

ICEMAN

Iceman's Ice Golem snowy aura no longer stacks when affecting the same enemy (this only affects Construct Focus, which can have 3 Golems out at the same time)

Iceman will now summon all 3 Golems at once with Construct Focus

THING

Hammer Time, Stretch! - base damage increased
Let's Roll, Suzie! - base damage increased
Quit It, Hothead! - DoT duration increased to 8s
Yancy Street Gang - base damage decreased (damage was too high as a result of several factors including the global buff of all summon powers, even though this power is not a summon in the sense that it inherit's Thing's own stats. We apologize for allowing it to ship in this overtuned state)

changes

You're still on the easy part. Wait till the mid-40s and up.

Top Bottom