• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the patch was early this week....or is that next week?

Yea its early but they said the even will carry on after patch till thursdsy night or friday morning depending where u are and change to omega

New Vibranium ticket contest:

Hey that looks cool, I'd lov- ... oh, Austria is excluded. Of course. :(

Any recommendations on who to level next?
Just getting back into the game and the past 2 weeks have been a blast to level these guys up to 60. So far, Ghost Rider and Rocket have been my favorites to level.
I prefer heroes that don't have a 8 button rotation.

xGrxMfG.png

I'd suggest taking Punisher, Wolverine and Widow up to 60. The more people you have at 60, the more XP bonus you get, and those 3 are at 40+, which should make the leveling fairly swift.
Venom also is generally a good idea to have up, and so is Cap.

Personally, I'm leveling my heroes up to 30 always, cause that gives me a good idea of how they play, and then if I feel like it, go beyond.

Indignate

Use them when you're hunting for unique for your character. The better portal drops like 6 or so uniques every run. It's also a good way to get dupes for 500k chest.

Also you want to do them with a party cuz dem cows have a lot of health. Doable solo, just takes a bit longer.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Save ur cow portals for armor event revamp.

Altho u can just ponce portals of me i have nearlly 200

shock33

Are they resetting the xp server side bonus with the patch?

EDIT: By god! Redeem for cakes at the anniversary vendor in Avengers Tower

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Like ibsaid earlier patch is today due to holidays coming.

Big ten last till thursday / friday morning yhen its omega

Ploid 3.0

Iceman

Iceman's Ice Golem snowy aura no longer stacks when affecting the same enemy (this only affects Construct Focus, which can have 3 Golems out at the same time).

Iceman will now summon all 3 Golems at once with Construct Focus.

:(

Did they fix/nerf Summoner Doom?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
downtime during EU peak hours is always baffling to me, in any game

StMeph

downtime during EU peak hours is always baffling to me, in any game

They're non-peak-but-normal US work hours. Working around both US and EU would require some late night stuff that would be pretty grueling for a team to have to do for every major patch or maintenance.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They're non-peak-but-normal US work hours. Working around both US and EU would require some late night stuff that would be pretty grueling for a team to have to do for every major patch or maintenance.

Must be grueling for Blizzard also and they do it. Maybe have a not-broken game that doent need patches every 2 days and you can just have your scheduled weekly automated maintenance

and thats saying something because WOW used to be pretty fucking broken itself :p

StMeph

Must be grueling for Blizzard also and they do it. Maybe have a not-broken game that doent need patches every 2 days and you can just have your scheduled weekly automated maintenance

and thats saying something because WOW used to be pretty fucking broken itself :p

The scale isn't entirely the same, so I imagine Blizzard can afford to do things a little differently. And really, regarding Blizzard's practices... when any game gets a major patch everyone goes down together on Tuesday maintenance. Hearthstone, Diablo, HotS, doesn't matter. Everything's dead.

StarCraft was already dead.

Rhaknar

The scale isn't entirely the same, so I imagine Blizzard can afford to do things a little differently. And really, regarding Blizzard's practices... when any game gets a major patch everyone goes down together on Tuesday maintenance. Hearthstone, Diablo, HotS, doesn't matter. Everything's dead.

StarCraft was already dead.

yes and everything goes down at proper times (AM in the US, morning in EU, probably afternoon somewhere else)

not 8-9pm at night >_>

like I said marvel isnt even the only one to do it, ive seen many do it, and its always shit for us (us as in europeans, not us as in U.S)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they are nerfing summoner doom next week, (reducing summons health so they dont tank on shot moves in raids etc)

Super duper casual player (played at launch and pop-in every now and then during xp events) and decided to level Star-Lord, Ms Marvel (got Mar-Vell costume from drop), Punisher and Scarlet Witch during the anniversary.

Had an okay time with Marvel but a miserable time leveling Star-Lord (two heroes I was looking forward to leveling), while I had a phenomenal time with Scarlet Witch and Punisher (two I thought I'd have to slog through leveling). Even went through and got the Holo-Sim Grandmaster title with Frank.

Thinking of leveling Nightcrawler next or buying Dr. Strange. Is Strange as "hard" as people make him out to be? It's either him or Deadpool (for the item find bonuses).

Indignate

Super duper casual player (played at launch and pop-in every now and then during xp events) and decided to level Star-Lord, Ms Marvel (got Mar-Vell costume from drop), Punisher and Scarlet Witch during the anniversary.

Had an okay time with Marvel but a miserable time leveling Star-Lord (two heroes I was looking forward to leveling), while I had a phenomenal time with Scarlet Witch and Punisher (two I thought I'd have to slog through leveling). Even went through and got the Holo-Sim Grandmaster title with Frank.

Thinking of leveling Nightcrawler next or buying Dr. Strange. Is Strange as "hard" as people make him out to be? It's either him or Deadpool (for the item find bonuses).

Don't get Nightcrawler or Deadpool.

I haven't played Strange yet so I can't speak to his difficulty (although I'd imagine it's not such a big deal), but NC is kind of just trash at the moment and DP is one of the few heroes who hasn't been reviewed yet so I'm assuming he's also pretty trash.

Also, to add to Indignate's reply, Deadpool's synergy (the rif and sif) isn't going to make a big difference. There is little point in grabbing him just for those.

Don't get Nightcrawler or Deadpool.

I haven't played Strange yet so I can't speak to his difficulty (although I'd imagine it's not such a big deal), but NC is kind of just trash at the moment and DP is one of the few heroes who hasn't been reviewed yet so I'm assuming he's also pretty trash.

That's disappointing to hear : (

Other level 1 heroes I own just through various site giveaways and free hero boxes are Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, Human Torch, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Storm, Taskmaster and Thor, so I'm weighing my options and I'm open to buying about 2-3 more heroes.

My current 60s are Cap, Cyclops, Jean, Rogue, Thing, and the 4 mentioned above.

I like most Marvel characters so going with "my favorites" isn't a big deal, I just don't really want a bland leveling experience as I had with Star-Lord.

Indignate

That's disappointing to hear : (

Other level 1 heroes I own just through various site giveaways and free hero boxes are Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, Human Torch, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Storm, Taskmaster and Thor, so I'm weighing my options and I'm open to buying about 2-3 more heroes.

My current 60s are Cap, Cyclops, Jean, Rogue, Thing, and the 4 mentioned above.

I like most Marvel characters so going with "my favorites" isn't a big deal, I just don't really want a bland leveling experience as I had with Star-Lord.

I'm not sure how Star-Lord plays, so I'm not sure if any of those compare to him.

DD and Cage are combo heroes, which add something different to manage for them (some people here hate the system, others don't mind it. I'm indifferent and enjoyed both characters). Ghost Rider, Storm, and Thor are all fun heroes. Don't shy away from Thor just because he's getting buffed soon, he's still in a very good place to level to 60. I think Hawkeye is boring as hell and Taskmaster along with him as his abilities are just carbon copies of DD, Cap, Clint, and Spidy so he's especially boring if you've played some of those characters, that's probably really up to taste though. I can't really speak to Moon Knight or Johnny.

I'm not sure how Star-Lord plays, so I'm not sure if any of those compare to him.

DD and Cage are combo heroes, which add something different to manage for them (some people here hate the system, others don't mind it. I'm indifferent and enjoyed both characters). Ghost Rider, Storm, and Thor are all fun heroes. Don't shy away from Thor just because he's getting buffed soon, he's still in a very good place to level to 60. I think Hawkeye is boring as hell and Taskmaster along with him as his abilities are just carbon copies of DD, Cap, Clint, and Spidy so he's especially boring if you've played some of those characters, that's probably really up to taste though. I can't really speak to Moon Knight or Johnny.

Awesome, perfect. Was looking for general impressions as I haven't kept up too much so this is great, thank you!

Rhaknar

potencial future costumes. pics galore incoming:

X-23 Wolverine

All New X-Men Cyclops (and Angel/Beast if they ever come out)

Amazing Spider-Man

Captain Marvel

Daredevil (and no thats not Gambit)

Dr.Strange

Storm, Iceman, Colossus (beard!), Jean, Nightcrawler and Magik (when she comes out)

Venom (even if its a different person), Rocket/Groot, Thing, Gender-swapped Starlord

Invincible Ironman

Squirrel Girl (and Hulkling enhanced I guess)

Scarlet Witch

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
holy fuck

After 12 AM PST tonight, all terminal and patrol mode bosses will continue to drop Odin's Bounty Chests until Thursday at 11:59 PM! Zomg!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I can confirm that even on a 980 GTX Ti this game still occasionally chugs and hitches in Patrol modes. Optimization on this game makes Arkham Knight look like the best port ever.

Also anyone know how to run this at 4k but have the UI scale? it's unplayably tiny and the settings don't help.

Rhaknar

holy fuck

After 12 AM PST tonight, all terminal and patrol mode bosses will continue to drop Odin's Bounty Chests until Thursday at 11:59 PM! Zomg!

So no more rotation? I can just do ICP until my fingers drop off?

You didn't show shit and I'm done wasting my time.

Lets start a QQ brigade every time a hero other than mine gets buffed

It's hilarious for you to act like an elitist bully in one breath (complete with saying that we fail by disagreeing with you), then playing a victim card in the next (saying we don't like you).

Hmmm, I wonder what's really happening here? Maybe you don't have a monopoly on skill or knowledge of this game. This is like you trying to explain to me how I don't understand tank gearing, when you don't play a task character or even attempt the hardest content in game, cosmic patrols.

I get along with everyone here. Hell, Kepow and I are Steam buds and he rubs some people the wrong way. You get into e-peen knowledge fights with multiple SG members. I'm confident I know where the problem lies, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Azzurri

I can confirm that even on a 980 GTX Ti this game still occasionally chugs and hitches in Patrol modes. Optimization on this game makes Arkham Knight look like the best port ever.

Also anyone know how to run this at 4k but have the UI scale? it's unplayably tiny and the settings don't help.

I added another 980, I want to see if it chugs after I add it.

inky

I don't like anyone. Wait what?

I popped half a page of boosts earlier today and only got to 700 RIF, 500 SIF. I got like 1 unique doing terminals.:sadface:

Top Bottom