• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

ICEMAN

Iceman's Ice Golem snowy aura no longer stacks when affecting the same enemy (this only affects Construct Focus, which can have 3 Golems out at the same time)

Iceman will now summon all 3 Golems at once with Construct Focus

Finally they made the golems summon together. Only had to tell Michaelmayhem once every week since release.

With the triple aura fixed I gotta rethink and recalculate my Iceman again though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Here's your gender swap Starlord btw

1796910_987382374625636_2721677475617041110_o.jpg

Gender swap characters/costumes that look nearly identical to the original character are stupid. I'm looking at you May Parker. That better just be Peter transformed into a girl or something.

Iron Fist is my most anticipated, no question, but UXF era Fantomex is an instant purchase for me. I love that damn character do much.

Also, LOL at Thor buffs.

plus other heroes improved much more than him with the new legendary items because there is no power cosmic ilvl80.

The heroes that need more than Thor need more than just tuning, they need item reviews.

Sounds like all he needs is a new 80 power cosmic, to be honest. He'll be over tuned when they finally release one, which they certainly will (for something like 2k cosmic stones).

Spider-Man has great items now, and needs a tune far more than Thor. Same for Nightcrawler.

Dec

Sounds like all he needs is a new 80 power cosmic, to be honest. He'll be over tuned when they finally release one, which they certainly will (for something like 2k cosmic stones)

Nah he needed tuning. He is a rare breed of hybrid where his damage is not even close to a clean split. He is like 70% physical melee and 30% energy range, omegas aren't kind to those kinds of heroes and with gungnir ilvl80 being not great plus power cosmic not having an 80 tier upgrade, he fell behind.

He is about equal with Emma at the moment for example.

It's weird when people comment on heroes being deserving of buffs or not when they don't even play them. One of those changes is actually a nerf as well.

Thanks for the reminder. Moon Knight's DoTs are all over the place, we'll take a look for next week.

Holy hell, finally.

Nah he needed tuning. He is a rare breed of hybrid where his damage is not even close to a clean split. He is like 70% physical melee and 30% energy range, omegas aren't kind to those kinds of heroes and with gungnir ilvl80 being not great plus power cosmic not having an 80 tier upgrade, he fell behind.

Once again, sounds like an itemization issue and not a skill tuning issue. With an upgraded level 80 power cosmic he would be right back to upper middle of the pack.

I have played Thor to 60 and raided on him.

Also, shamelessly stealing this from the main forum. Clicky for laughs. "And Doom did put Luke out!" LMAO.

Dec

Once again, sounds like an itemization issue and not a skill tuning issue. With an upgraded level 80 power cosmic he would be right back to upper middle of the pack.

I have played Thor to 60 and raided on him.

Well he is actually not even close so I don't know why you would think that.

Well he is actually not even close so I don't know why you would think that.

It's simple math, combined with one rather deceptive Thor video posted on the official forums. The dude posted a 7:08 TTK video without using a team up at all and without taking psionic overload, which is arguably the strongest offensive omega choice for a hybrid damage character like Thor.

The same dude also admitted he reached a 6:10 TTK using an active team up which, SHOCKINGLY, is faster than several characters in the game right now that use a level 80 legendary. Spider-Man, for example. Always, the player who wrote the most popular Thor guide on the main forums and the build site, broke under 6 minutes using a team up and a more optimal omega build setup...you know, the same way everyone gears for TTK tests.

So back to the simple math equation. Level 80 legendaries (excluding Gungnir) result in a ~20-30% decrease in TTK. Let's be conservative and say that a level 80 version of the Power Cosmic would only be a 20% increase in damage output for Thor. Even with the silly 7:08 TTK test, that would put him under 6 minutes. If you actually went off the more accurate TTK tests by Always, you're under 5 minutes.

TL;DR - One bad TTK test is resulting in Thor being buffed, when all he needs is a level 80 Power Cosmic option. That would put him among the upper half of characters in game. If these go through and a new legendary becomes available, you'll have another Doom on your hands.

Dec

It's simple math, combined with one rather deceptive Thor video posted on the official forums. The dude posted a 7:08 TTK video without using a team up at all and without taking psionic overload, which is arguably the strongest offensive omega choice for a hybrid damage character like Thor.

The same dude also admitted he reached a 6:10 TTK using an active team up which, SHOCKINGLY, is faster than several characters in the game right now that use a level 80 legendary. Spider-Man, for example. Always, the player who wrote the most popular Thor guide on the main forums and the build site, broke under 6 minutes using a team up and a more optimal omega build setup...you know, the same way everyone gears for TTK tests.

So back to the simple math equation. Level 80 legendaries (excluding Gungnir) result in a ~20-30% decrease in TTK. Let's be conservative and say that a level 80 version of the Power Cosmic would only be a 20% increase in damage output for Thor. Even with the silly 7:08 TTK test, that would put him under 6 minutes. If you actually went off the more accurate TTK tests by Always, you're under 5 minutes.

TL;DR - One bad TTK test is resulting in Thor being buffed, when all he needs is a level 80 Power Cosmic option. That would put him among the upper half of characters in game. If these go through and a new legendary becomes available, you'll have another Doom on your hands.

The devs aren't buffing him based on that video alone

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Raids should be moba style, only one of each hero allowed. Then everybody would have to be OP :p

tumblr_m52bm0OT8p1rqltfgo6_r1_500.gif

The devs aren't buffing him based on that video alone

That is literally what they are doing. PsiLocke in that very thread: "The All-Father has read this and sends some changes From Asgard with Love."

But good job on ignoring everything I just wrote about the inaccurate test and how an 80 Power Cosmic would solve all his damage "problems." Once again, simple math. ;)

Meanwhile, characters that actually really need some help like Loki...even those Colossus changes won't put him in the same ballpark as Thor.

Raids should be moba style, only one of each hero allowed. Then everybody would have to be OP :p

I've never played a MOBA, and thus don't understand this reference. But under your system, I claim Spider-Man as a placeholder for Iron Fist!

Rhaknar

Theres no reference to mobas, it's exactly what I said, you can't use repeat heroes in a team :p

I was joking but I think it would be awesome especially with the roster size as big as it's getting.

Also, team buffs for when you group with correct heroes...

...I just want all the MUA systems :(

If this game was just how it is but a 4 player joint like MUA instead of a mmo it would probably be my favorite game ever.

Now I'm sad :(

lol holy shit

Okay then.

Theres no reference to mobas, it's exactly what I said, you can't use repeat heroes in a team :p

I was joking but I think it would be awesome especially with the roster size as big as it's getting.

Also, team buffs for when you group with correct heroes...

...I just want all the MUA systems :(

If this game was just how it is but a 4 player joint like MUA instead of a mmo it would probably be my favorite game ever.

Now I'm sad :(

Themed raid nights once a month? Avengers night Fantastic Four (and honorary members) night. X-Men night. All unique characters.

But you don't really like to raid, right? I did love MUA, but I don't know if another one is getting licensed as long as this game exists.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Dec is gonna biased because thor is one of his main.

Also 3 hours sleep n working 14 hours shoot me please.

Dec

Okay then.

You don't "read" a video. All of the top theory crafter Thor players posted their impressions in that thread. The video may have drawn the powers team's attention but to say they are buffing Thor because of one video is just stupid.

And despite you having raided on Thor, you don't even play him. I can raid on Nightcrawler in 20 minutes but it doesn't mean I know fuck all about what he is lacking as a hero.

Dec is gonna biased because thor is one of his main.

Well apparently the devs agree with me so.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
You don't "read" a video. All of the top theory crafter Thor players posted their impressions in that thread. The video may have drawn the powers team's attention but to say they are buffing Thor because of one video is just stupid.

And despite you having raided on Thor, you don't even play him. I can raid on Nightcrawler in 20 minutes but it doesn't mean I know fuck all about what he is lacking as a hero.

Well apparently the devs agree with me so.

Ttk test are not really a good way to judge

Especially ones without main omega nodes and a team up

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
How do you even know if he does or doesn't play Thor, you stalking him or something? Either way, way to go, prime declarius condescension on this here page.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
How do you even know if he does or doesn't play Thor, you stalking him or something? Either way, way to go, prime declarius condescension on this here page.

His thor is cosmic like his moon knight. Me and dec did cosmic prestige same time i did ms marvel he did thor

Dec

I'll take the hit for poking fun at your sexism crap the other day

I still find y'all revert to Dec condescension arguments when your own are failing but whatevs

I'll take the hit for poking fun at your sexism crap the other day

I still find y'all revert to Dec condescension arguments when your own are failing but whatevs

Didn't fail at all. I showed you were wrong with simple math, and you played an immature, "I know way more than you" card, which does fit your standard MO. Keep posting more LOLs, please.

Dec

You didn't show shit and I'm done wasting my time.

Lets start a QQ brigade every time a hero other than mine gets buffed, sounds great.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
You didn't show shit and I'm done wasting my time.

Lets start a QQ brigade every time a hero other than mine gets buffed, sounds great.

Its not really an issue with u dec (atleast me personally anyway)

Its basically gazillions backward mentality. Like i posted earlier thor surprised many people as getting some buffs when other heroes are in far worse places

Dec

Its not really an issue with u dec (atleast me personally anyway)

Its basically gazillions backward mentality. Like i posted earlier thor surprised many people as getting some buffs when other heroes are in far worse places

I have no problem debating buffs and who gets them but I'm very clearly disliked by some.

StMeph

It's probably also some dev's pet project. They could have been totally objective with regard to buffs/nerfs, or even by organizing the schedule to prioritize for who needs it the most, but I'm sure dev team preferences and Marvel movie/license demands play a role in any changes made to the game.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I have no problem debating buffs and who gets them but I'm very clearly disliked by some.

Thats not my case to deal with i have no problem with you. Im just suprised thor is getting changes and im sure you are too atleast right now

Just like silver surfer emf another surprise

Dec

Thats not my case to deal with i have no problem with you. Im just suprised thor is getting changes and im sure you are too atleast right now

Just like silver surfer emf another surprise

I am surprised, I wasn't expecting them and I don't think he is the hero that needs tuning the most or anything.

I just don't think he is perfect where he is at the moment, and if he isn't perfect, tuning is always welcome in the case of every hero in the game.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I am surprised, I wasn't expecting them and I don't think he is the hero that needs tuning the most or anything.

I just don't think he is perfect where he is at the moment, and if he isn't perfect, tuning is always welcome in the case of every hero in the game.

Of course its endless cycle come christmas he will need abother update.

At least moon knight is getting them dot fixes

Volimar

Hey guys, what's up? So uh...funny story. You know how I was all "Wow, cosmic prestige isn't so bad, I'm racing up the levels" and stuff? Well, it turns out that maybe....I might have...kind of....somewhat....mistaken red prestige for cosmic prestige and I was just red prestige the whole time. He he, isn't that funny? Heheheh.......DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!

1vxHz.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hey guys, what's up? So uh...funny story. You know how I was all "Wow, cosmic prestige isn't so bad, I'm racing up the levels" and stuff? Well, it turns out that maybe....I might have...kind of....somewhat....mistaken red prestige for cosmic prestige and I was just red prestige the whole time. He he, isn't that funny? Heheheh.......DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!

1vxHz.gif

u r an hero

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

1vxHz.gif

Lol do it go cosmic

Top Bottom