• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Drayco21

My bucket head is ready for the weekend. Still not sure if I'll buy the full pack and get Sam too, or use those G's on another hero instead.

My bucket head is ready for the weekend. Still not sure if I'll buy the full pack and get Sam too, or use those G's on another hero instead.

I said a while back I was happy with Sam as the default, as I'm enjoying his run in Marvel NOW (and missed the whole Richard Ryder passion era), but I'm sort of over buying the packs now that I can keep up with Splinters for new heroes.

Kinda disappointed I don't get Sam now lol

Drayco21

I said a while back I was happy with Sam as the default, as I'm enjoying his run in Marvel NOW (and missed the whole Richard Ryder passion era), but I'm sort of over buying the packs now that I can keep up with Splinters for new heroes.

Kinda disappointed I don't get Sam now lol

You should really go back and read Annihilation and the Cosmic stuff around it. It's some of the best stuff to ever come out of all of Marvel.

I mean, I like Sam well enough, especially after Loeb left the book- Duggan is a great writer, but making him default would have been like making Superior the default Spider-Man or making the default Venom be Mac Gargan.

You should really go back and read Annihilation and the Cosmic stuff around it. It's some of the best stuff to ever come out of all of Marvel.

I mean, I like Sam well enough, especially after Loeb left the book- Duggan is a great writer, but making him default would have been like making Superior the default Spider-Man or making the default Venom be Mac Gargan.

I already have so much backlog. I struggle to keep up with the current releases, let alone the old stuff I missed in my hiatus, but I'd love to one day catch up on Annihilation, Fear Itself etc.

Drayco21

Have you tried Nova out on the TC? I would buy him with splinters before you regret your decision.

I don't have TC, nothin' gonna stop this train

pUpBFtP.jpg

No hardware mouse cursor tomorrow, bros. A "few weeks" away.

Didn't feel very good to use on the TC anyway.

And regarding Nova:

We will not have any additional changes for tomorrow's build (scheduled for 6am), but we will be putting up a Nova feedback thread which will be carefully watched all weekend for iteration feedback so we can make sure he's in great shape.

Internally our tuning team has been able to get some aggressive TTKs and clear times, so we look forward to analyzing player's builds, streams, and general feedback over the weekend. Nova has some pretty interesting mechanics with his Pulsars and movement options and we don't want to make any changes we'll regret in one week. I apologize that you feel we haven't been paying very close attention! (Side note: a request for energy VFX on his melee powers has been sent in - it will also need sound work but I hope we can get those in for next week.)

We have been collecting all of your feedback and I personally look forward to continuing to do so all weekend (I'll also be playing him all weekend - Richard Rider is my favorite cosmic Marvel hero and in my top 5 favorite heroes of all time).

Welp. Seems like they're going to sit back for a little bit before they make any significant changes. At least his melee attacks are getting energy VFX, but Nova is going to sit on the back burner for me. With Cyclops becoming a monster and Psylocke finally being quick and fun to play, the wait should be easier.

Dec

Didn't feel very good to use on the TC anyway.

What was wrong with it? If it's working correctly it should be flawless because the game does nothing but draw a pointer over windows input.

I asked one of the devs in the TC forum from a few days ago if he could explain how they were implementing it and he replied because I got the notification, but when I went to look the subforum had been closed for the new TC patch and I never saw what he said.

Last minute swerve on Psylocke that is very disappointing. Her psi blade toggle now changes all her physical damage abilities to mental. Sucks for those of us who play her as a hybrid with the Power Cosmic.

I'll have to do some testing when it releases, but I have a feeling we're getting shoehorned into a mental build.

What was wrong with it? If it's working correctly it should be flawless because the game does nothing but draw a pointer over windows input.

Made moving items around really sluggish.

Last minute swerve on Psylocke that is very disappointing. Her psi blade toggle now changes all her physical damage abilities to mental. Sucks for those of us who play her as a hybrid with the Power Cosmic.

I'll have to do some testing when it releases, but I have a feeling we're getting shoehorned into a mental build.

Just don't use the toggle. Your attacks will not only still be physical, they'll get the 20% damage bonus that goes away when the toggle is on.

Indignate

One would assume he wants the effect though and would rather not compromise.

It's not exactly something I sympathize with (since it would/does not bother me at all) but I can kind of sort of understand why people are complaining about the switch, especially since it was very last minute.

Ended my night with exactly 1000 Drives.

I could have gotten better on the roll, but I figure it was good enough with the damage to not risk getting a worse one, since I'd only get one more roll refresh before I leave for work tomorrow. By the time I get back, the new patch would be up.

How many summoners do we have, anyways? SG, Loki, and Cage?

Drayco21

Ended my night with exactly 1000 Drives.

I could have gotten better on the roll, but I figure it was good enough with the damage to not risk getting a worse one, since I'd only get one more roll refresh before I leave for work tomorrow. By the time I get back, the new patch would be up.

How many summoners do we have, anyways? SG, Loki, and Cage?

Rocky's a summoner too, unless you decide to use his post-review gunner build.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
didnt know Wasp team up was this patch aswell

Lord Phol

Welp. Seems like they're going to sit back for a little bit before they make any significant changes. At least his melee attacks are getting energy VFX, but Nova is going to sit on the back burner for me. With Cyclops becoming a monster and Psylocke finally being quick and fun to play, the wait should be easier.

I'm glad they at least acknowledge our feedback now, and hopefully the new VFX should make his melee powers feel better (probably need new animations as well to feel just right). I'm still going to play him and will definetly provide as much feedback as I can. They nailed the Richard part now they just need to nail the numbers and some of the visuals.

Wasp team-up is sweet ass! Will use with Nova for sure (Gamora be jelly).

dMDABf2.jpg

Final version of Focused Beam, it's sooooo guuud. They did a great job with this rework, especially on the VFX front.

One would assume he wants the effect though and would rather not compromise.

It's not exactly something I sympathize with (since it would/does not bother me at all) but I can kind of sort of understand why people are complaining about the switch, especially since it was very last minute.

The biggest issue is they specifically said it would NOT change damage types, as they didn't want to mess with current itemization for anyone. The toggle was a purely visual effect to add some flair to the character.

Now they're basically saying the toggle is not an option for any hybrid players. I'm not sure how well her mental builds will work. I've slapped a Power Cosmic and other hybrid items on her, so unless I alter my gearing I won't be rocking those purple psi blades.

Lord Phol

Greetings,

We have a confirmed bug where slot 2-5 items from Cyclops don't display on the ground and can't be picked up.

We are going to hold the patch to see if anything else was affected and to do another build.

Bad news - Patch will not ship at 6 a.m.

Good news - We'll pick up a few bug fixes in the new build and we won't launch a buggy patch.

I'll keep you updated again in the morning once we've tracked it down and decided on a new patch time.

Have a good evening.

Oh noes D:.

The biggest issue is they specifically said it would NOT change damage types, as they didn't want to mess with current itemization for anyone. The toggle was a purely visual effect to add some flair to the character.

Now they're basically saying the toggle is not an option for any hybrid players. I'm not sure how well her mental builds will work. I've slapped a Power Cosmic and other hybrid items on her, so unless I alter my gearing I won't be rocking those purple psi blades.

Thinking about it, you only need to hit with each type once every 10 seconds or something to proc power cosmic right? I imagine that someone who is really awesome at number crunching and finds a good rotation will use all mental gear with a power cosmic, then she can do something like initiate with falling lotus or whatever physical skill, then hit the toggle and go to town. If there is any hybrid procs they just need to remember to hit the toggle get a hit then go back. I think pure mental might be very viable with power cosmic.

Sblargh

Banned
Thinking about it, you only need to hit with each type once every 10 seconds or something to proc power cosmic right? I imagine that someone who is really awesome at number crunching and finds a good rotation will use all mental gear with a power cosmic, then she can do something like initiate with falling lotus or whatever physical skill, then hit the toggle and go to town. If there is any hybrid procs they just need to remember to hit the toggle get a hit then go back. I think pure mental might be very viable with power cosmic.

So much hassle to keeping toggling on and off during a long boss fight, tho. Also, it's way easier to score an extra wizard's-something-legendary than a power cosmic that costs a lot of a currency that only drops one week a month. It just complicates things too much to build a pure mental character and spend the very rare power cosmic on it hoping you'll hit the one physical move right every time.

I could see someone trying this if all you wasted experimenting was 300 odin marks, but dat power cosmic gotta go to someone who is actually a hybrid and needs it.

To be fair, having a purely cosmetic toggle was always weird and kind of a waste. What they have currently in place makes much more sense itemization-wise, as it allows the middle tree to be used by mental damage geared players. While it does suck that the original intent of the toggle was ditched, the outcome is an improvement. For example, I'll be able to make good use of Tsunami Slash in my build now.

This is a prime reason why you should never get attached to anything on the Test Center. Iteration can and will cause things you like about characters to changed/removed.

I think I'm hopping on The Thing train. I've been so burned out on this game lately but I leveled him from 1-13 in a quick session last night and thought he could turn out really cool. If I had the Fear Itself costume it would be a no-brainer.

Lord Phol

Was going to buy some energy drinks, mix with vodka and have a night of Marvel Heroes, but the patch might not be up in time :(.

Dec

Made moving items around really sluggish.

That likely wont get fixed.

Your mouse will only move smoothly for us, not the game. So if you are clicking and holding on something then dragging it around the screen, the item will lag behind the cursor.

With software cursor your mouse would be lagging along with the item you're dragging. Not any more unresponsive than is in game currently, but maybe more noticeable how bad the mouse lag is without hardware cursor.

Unless there was actually a bug that caused moving items to be shit.

Have you played Psylocke extensively? She already requires one full skill bar and half of another in a raid setting. Her damage priority cycle is already full. I can't imagine attempting to cycle on/off a visual effect every other rotation to activate the Power Cosmic. That would be a huge pain and a damage loss no matter which way you look at it.

The issue is Gaz said they were doing one thing, then did the exact opposite at the eleventh hour. It's not cool.

Psylocke's optimal damage build is as a hybrid. Hybrid items are too good in this game. If someone is running around playing her with the psi blades, they have intentionally gimped their overall damage in order to enjoy a cool visual effect. If your goal is to have fun with the character, play her as a mental build and enjoy her. Once dual spec comes out, I certainly will have that as an option. But if your goal is to maximize the character's damage potential, you can't enjoy the new toggle.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Doomsaw just posted this

Thanks. We just found the issue. It was a UPK build issue and thankfully nothing serious.

We're rekicking a new game build and will give you an update in about 2 hours with patch time.

<3

they have also started the cosmic chaos server side boosts.
dam unreal engine lol

Lord Phol

Super delayed patch and I noticed I've lost my passport when buying alcohol. This evening isn't turning out as planned D:. If I can get at least one or two hours of Nova this night it might still be saved.

Edit: New spoiler picture

Juggernaut seems really far ahead. Wouldn't be suprised if we see him by the end of the month. Also can't wait for the next Story Chapter!

Super delayed patch and I noticed I've lost my passport when buying alcohol. This evening isn't turning out as planned D:. If I can get at least one or two hours of Nova this night it might still be saved.

Edit: New spoiler picture

Juggernaut seems really far ahead. Wouldn't be suprised if we see him by the end of the month. Also can't wait for the next Story Chapter!

Nice to see the multi-spec on there as well. Is that out with the patch today?

Shows what hero they've really been working on.
:(

Nice to see the multi-spec on there as well. Is that out with the patch today?

Not with this patch. One or two more weeks.

Patch did not hit yet?

ETA is one hour from this post.

More spoilers, cause why not?

Sblargh

Banned
I wonder if Avengers hangar is its own thing or part of the Axis one-shot/raid.

Also, instead of spirit, maybe Jugg will have momentum that is always depleting itself but you can restore it by using charge powers?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played much of this game since I got Rogue to 60 but I just bought the Advance Pack Dx after all. God dammit. Why pls

Is there a UI scaling option yet? I downloaded the game over the summer and played a little bit, but everything was so small at the native res of my monitor.

Top Bottom