• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Indignate

I have a hand of doom and I gave it to Emma Frost
laugh.gif

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
what a dumb idea for a giveaway

idk why but it really rubs me the wrong way

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I've barely played the game at all the past few weeks. Just feel completely done with all the content currently. If the Danger Room doesn't do what I want it to do, I may drop the game altogether after all the advance pack content has been delivered. It's taking them way too long to implement proper procedurally generated, repeatable content. Also, tying all the important loot to specific bosses was a mistake, but one that without aforementioned repeatable content, is kind of unavoidable.

Coming up on 400 ES again. Would you buy someone in the 400 cost bracket or save to pick up a 600?

oZ6Yv5i.png

I suggest waiting to see if Ant-Man is any good at all. If not, Deadpool is due for his review, so he might turn out to be really good.
Otherwise I can only suggest Doom, then Surfer. Star-Lord also is fun.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, might as well wait to see how Ant-man is. Surfer is probably my favorite of those 400 splinter options (and I like him a lot in general), but moon knight and nightcrawler can be a lot of fun, if not exactly top-tier dudes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Marvel Heroes 2015 retweeted
MassivelyOverpowered ‏@MassivelyOP 17h17 hours ago
You could win a lot of money by playing #MarvelHeroes this week... http://buff.ly/1CimOkL @MarvelHeroes

not shady at all

Dec

Marvel Heroes 2015 retweeted
MassivelyOverpowered ‏@MassivelyOP 17h17 hours ago
You could win a lot of money by playing #MarvelHeroes this week... http://buff.ly/1CimOkL @MarvelHeroes

not shady at all

If you read where the money came from it's actually pretty cool.

This is weird though

"If a winner is a residence of Canada, he/she will be required to answer a time limited mathematical skill testing question correctly in order to receive the prize."

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

This is weird though

"If a winner is a residence of Canada, he/she will be required to answer a time limited mathematical skill testing question correctly in order to receive the prize."

Canadian law, they basically don't allow lottery-style random contests. That is easily skirted by having you answer a totally silly math or history question, though. CONGRATULATIONS, YOU KNEW 2+2=4 YOU WIN THE PRIZE!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

This is weird though

no money for dumb dumbs!

its not affected by boosts at least

"The Vibranium Ticket can drop anywhere at any level. It's not affected by any boosts (SIF, RIF, Odin's Bounty, etc.)"

Dec

The 25k is directly from the marketing budget, they are basically not going to put it towards banner ads on websites and instead give it to players with the added benefit of websites covering the promotion for news.

Rhaknar

David Brevik ‏@davidbrevik 7m7 minutes ago
Excited about hanging out with @GameOverGreggy and @notaxation today!

Spoilers incoming!

@MarvelHeroes

Brevik has a good rapport with Greg Miller, and last time they chatted Greg asked him about a PS4 version. Brevik mentioning spoilers can only mean one thing: Console version
oops, i mean new variant costumes
incoming!

Drayco21

Brevik has a good rapport with Greg Miller, and last time they chatted Greg asked him about a PS4 version. Brevik mentioning spoilers can only mean one thing: Console version
oops, i mean new variant costumes
incoming!

We'll get it one day. Hell, we'll probably get it before the next piece of actual story content and solo Midtown at the rate Gaz is working on those.

Manbig

I just might wet my pants if they announce a PS4 version. A bunch of my friends will finally be able to play this damn game if that happens.

Calcium

Banned
I'd love to see this come to the PS4. My PC can't really handle the public areas like the Midtown Patrol that well, even with other players effects turned off. Game runs great other than that, but I'd hope that the PS4 version would be a smoother experience overall.

StMeph

I'd love to see this come to the PS4. My PC can't really handle the public areas like the Midtown Patrol that well, even with other players effects turned off. Game runs great other than that, but I'd hope that the PS4 version would be a smoother experience overall.

I doubt it. It's poorly optimized even for good-to-great PCs, so I can't imagine a port to PS4 somehow being better.

No PC can handle it. Having it on Ps4 won't change a thing. It would even be a downgrade for some players.

Indignate

I only have problems during Sinister Six and the 150 mercenaries before the Tasky fight in ICP.

And it usually just seems to depend on how many other players are around making things explode.

Mupod

With a 2500k@4.5ghz and a GTX 970 I get horrible framerates during certain waves in ICP. Can't really name many games that manage to even tax this system much less slow it down that badly.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
That's because MH is very poorly engineered, or they're making the engine do things it clearly wasn't designed to do, one or the other. But it's fucking ridiculous how poorly it runs, no matter your specs, in Patrols. Pisses me off they still haven't fixed that.

Volimar

That's because MH is very poorly engineered, or they're making the engine do things it clearly wasn't designed to do, one or the other. But it's fucking ridiculous how poorly it runs, no matter your specs, in Patrols. Pisses me off they still haven't fixed that.

Maybe in time for Marvel Heroes 2016?

I can hope.

Anoregon

Oooh Loki buffs on Test Center.

Winter's Breath now deals 1% more damage per 1% attack speed.
Lay Waste bonuses increased to 50% per debuff on enemy.
Cold Snap base damage slightly increased, bonus damage against frozen targets increased to 200%.
Arcane Binding damage over time duration increased from 4 seconds to 8 seconds.
Illusion melee damage increased.
Arcane Illusion damage increased.
Meteoric Illusion damage increased.
Arcane Ruin now fully inherits Summoned Ally Damage (was previously partially inheriting it).

Should be noted that Loki may also receive another set of buffs next week with the Ant-Man patch, as will Emma. Jean sometime after them.

Also Doom got another nerf through Worthless Cretin this time.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Should be noted that Loki may also receive another set of buffs next week with the Ant-Man patch, as will Emma. Jean sometime after them.

Also Doom got another nerf through Worthless Cretin this time.

pure ranged mental so worthless cretin didnt bother me

i love everyone on the forum screaming hes useless now.

im sorry but my doom still wrecks the fuck out of everything.

Last week.

I'm really out of the loop.

Silver Surfer

Electromagnetic Flux - base damage increased and has new affix that grants +25% damage to targets affected by Subspace Rift, Deconstruction, and Event Horizon (75% max). The damage bonus from ramping up now persists for 5s after channeling ends, allowing Surfer time to move and cast his supplementary powers.
Particle Burst - base damage increased, bosskiller replaced with affix that grants +50% damage to targets affected by Subspace Rift, Deconstruction, and Event Horizon (150% max).

Guess it's time for Particle Burst to go back to my Movement build.

So when's Dr. Strange getting so buffed I'll mash my keyboard even harder to hit those 10 powers?

I loved seeing drayco throwing shade on this game in that mobile game thread. There isn't a single marvel mobile game that doesn't have atrocious f2p walls and hooks.

Indignate

That's harsh man.

I mean, I know game is bad and I say it constantly, but I at least don't go behind it's back to other Marvel games to do it.

Rhaknar

That's harsh man.

I mean, I know game is bad and I say it constantly, but I at least don't go behind it's back to other Marvel games to do it.

No you only do it with blizzard games

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, the other one. Future Fight is the best shit.

Well, I also made the OT for the fighting game, so I yeah, I guess I'm into that too. I'll go anywhere to get my Mahvel fix.

Future Fight is garbage. The business model is super gross and the game is boring and repetitive and builty entirely around its labyrinthine business model.

Seriously, fuck Future Fight, Contest of Champions and all those mobile f2p games. They're the fucking worst, absolute pinnacle of unethical design practices. Log in every day! 8 kinds of currencies, some of which you buy with other currencies, so as to obfuscate the real cost as much as possible. They're business models disguised as games. Into the fucking sun with all of them.

Rhaknar

Log in every day! 8 kinds of currencies, some of which you buy with other currencies, so as to obfuscate the real cost as much as possible. They're business models disguised as games. Into the fucking sun with all of them.

you...just described MH :p

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
you...just described MH :p

Yeah I knew someone was gonna bring that up, but it isn't really the same. the only currency that relates to real money in any way is Gs, and while it's mildly shitty that the store doesn't just display dollar amounts or whatever, I imagine that's also at least in part because of price disparities between regions (hey, I'm making a good faith effort here). All the other currencies are just things you get in the game. Compared to say, Future Fight, which has crystals, and gold, both of which you can buy, and you need isotopes or whatever to unlock characters, but every character requires a different amount, and you can't just buy characters you want, they're basically hidden behind slot machines (THE WORST! CoC does that too). It's all just gross and I hate it and want nothing to do with it. If you took either of those games and stripped them of their manipulative business models they'd get old after like an hour because there is nothing to them at all.

That aside, Contest of Champions is just a bad Marvel game. You fight as Hawkeye but he never uses his bow except in super moves, Wanda fights hand-to-hand, etc. All the characters feel incredibly generic. It doesn't even get that part right.

Top Bottom