• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Manbig

Shit on the game for the glitches and boring content all you want, but the one thing that they got right is the free to play model.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Shit on the game for the glitches and boring content all you want, but the one thing that they got right is the free to play model.

Marvel Heroes? For the most part, yeah, though I suspect some stuff, like the awful crafting system, is the way it is partly to encourage people to buy stash spaces. But yes, there's still a huge gulf between f2p PC/console games, where I like to think the audience is somewhat savvier and more critical, and mobile f2p garbage.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
looking at removing jean's stance dancing and buffing indiviualbuilds

We're looking at making some potential changes to Jean's kit for the Ant-Man patch, and we'd like to know your opinion about her ability to stance dance (in order to trigger both Energy and Mental damage). Obviously many have already geared out Jean with this in mind.

If we could get her pure Mental and pure Energy builds into more competitive and fun states, would you like to see stance dancing removed?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I've been so bored lately and not even marvel is holding my attention. Antman better be fun.

StMeph

I don't understand the desire to streamline character abilities to eliminate or even prevent more complex rotations. It's one area where it would help with character power differentiation, if just to have different styles available. What's the point if everyone ultimately plays the same way?

I don't understand the desire to streamline character abilities to eliminate or even prevent more complex rotations. It's one area where it would help with character power differentiation, if just to have different styles available. What's the point if everyone ultimately plays the same way?
I think people are already disposed to play as whatever build is most popular on the forums anyway. The problem with Jean I think is complex because of how the character works. There are people who want to play pure Jean and pure Phoenix but you have to keep both sides pretty balanced. I don't know how you make either of those more powerful without making the already most powerful hybrid build even more powerful. Frankly Jean should have just been designed as Jean with Phoenix powers manifesting after some bar fills up, but it's a little late for that. I just think it's dumb to toggle the Phoenix force off and on.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why it's an either/or proposition for Jean when they managed to make all specs viable on Doom, even ones without specialization. Why not do the same for Jean? Of course you're gonna piss off a group of existing players by removing stance dancing. I agree that stance dancing on Jean is dumb for MUH LORE reasons, but it's there, so deal with it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
we are in dire need of new content which isnt a new event (limbo is going to be a roating event and at the same time be like ultron mode where you need party etc)

story revamp isnt going to change much for people that have already done it.

danger room probs not until october or later i bet.

chapter 10 well im not expecting it this year which is shocking. no new story content in over a year lol coming 2 years soon since last chapter was added

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ya Danger room has the best shot of adding long-term end game potential to the game, it's about time MH got it's foot in the random map/greater rift territory that PoE and D3 utilize has their endgames.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
its been more than 2 months and cosmic ultron still isnt released.

heaven forbid we see chapter 10 this year lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
CJZ2zX3UwAAVSM7.jpg:large

that "then and now" part is depressing because the "then" isnt "then" at all is it, those costumes still look the fucking same. The spiderman one in particular makes it seem they revamped the "then" one and we of course know thats not the case

anyway, SDCC panel is happening on friday july 10th 6pm to 7pm

hoping for some news / pics / etc

inky

Quality of character models? Pls. A lot of the launch models still look better than the new over-detailed messes.

Anoregon

That was pretty much my reaction, yeah.

aborath

Neo Member
So do you all have a guild or super team or whatever it's called? I've managed to re-addict myself to MH and I'd love to do some raiding with my SW or Nova.

aborath

Neo Member
Sure. What's your in game name?

Debacle

Hey at least the cosmic event starts back up Friday. How's your Ms. Marvel doing?

What's the cosmic event? edit: nevermind. Guess I'll be spending the weekend in cosmic MM.

Anyone have a suggestion for how to use Rogue? I bought her during the Omega event but can't settle on a playstyle.

Cosmic Chaos Supplier: Moondragon - An honorary member of the Guardians of the Galaxy and daughter of Drax the Destroyer, Moondragon is no stranger to cosmic chaos. During the Cosmic Chaos event, Moondragon will exchange Cosmic Worldstones for a variety of items, including a gifted (bound to your account) Doop rune that can be purchased for 500 Cosmic Worldstones.

What does this mean, exactly? Isn't everything bound to your account?

What does this mean, exactly? Isn't everything bound to your account?

Runes and artifacts can be traded. So this Doop Rune that you buy cannot be traded. They are pretty rare in the world (and part of a couple of important runeword recipes) so they're usually pretty sought after as a trade item.

CJZ2zX3UwAAVSM7.jpg:large

that "then and now" part is depressing because the "then" isnt "then" at all is it, those costumes still look the fucking same. The spiderman one in particular makes it seem they revamped the "then" one and we of course know thats not the case

Is there a higher res version of this? I hardly can make out the texts.

Dec

Is there a higher res version of this? I hardly can make out the texts.

Not yet I don't think. Looks like it was given to Greg Miller when David Brevik was on the show the other day, given the social media buttons at the bottom I assume it'll be sent out as an email soon enough.

Info though:

Iron Man most popular hero
Taskmaster best selling hero
Movie Rocket best selling costume
Monday most popular day
Avengers most popular team
Midtown most played zone, terminals second, ICP third.
From 58 to 81 metacritic
From 21 to 48 playable heroes
From 5 to 47 starter heroes
From 138 to 275 costumes
From 2 to 17 enhanced costumes
From 0 to 24 team ups
From 3 to 26 pets

Ironman is the most popular character? No suprizes there.
Even though he is cheap to buy, I didnt think Taskmaster would have been their best seller. I also though something like the original Hulkbuster suit would have been the most popular costume.

Ironman is the most popular character? No suprizes there.
Even though he is cheap to buy, I didnt think Taskmaster would have been their best seller. I also though something like the original Hulkbuster suit would have been the most popular costume.

Aside from being cheap, Taskmaster wasn't part in any pre-order/advance packs (since I'm not sure whether or not they are counted here), which must make him the most individually purchased character.
As for the costumes... I'm surprised as well, though somehow I ain't - the Rocket Raccoon base model is ugly as sin. If only I could have a movie looks costume with the default voice actor.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Aside from being cheap, Taskmaster wasn't part in any pre-order/advance packs (since I'm not sure whether or not they are counted here), which must make him the most individually purchased character.
As for the costumes... I'm surprised as well, though somehow I ain't - the Rocket Raccoon base model is ugly as sin. If only I could have a movie looks costume with the default voice actor.

symbiote rocket / groot is going to print money

Rhaknar

Depends on how much it costs I spose.

Either way, I love how popular Rocket has become now, everybody seems to love him. I remember the massive outrage over him being put into Ultimate MvC3.

all enhanced costumes cost the same

Drayco21

Me too. I mean it makes sense that there would be a whole planet of them or whatever, but they seem so disconnected from the rest of marvel cosmic. Venom was ok, but all the other "spawns" are just terrible.

They're so disconnected from the rest of Marvel Cosmic because Galactus fucking ate their homeworld forever ago.

Nobody tell Bendis though, he doesn't bother with continuity he didn't make.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Im barely even playing the game. The content just isnt there. They are taking way to long on things. Over 2 months n no cosmic ultron. 2 years no chapter 10. Danger room is pointless because what are we gaining from it more power creep items for what content ?

Don't really care bout the tickets probs took them 3 months to implement n why content is dry

Gonna play ark and dirty bomb. And shadow warrior n bioshock infi

Top Bottom