• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Indignate

I feel sorry for people who have a phobia of ants.

Although it looks more like he's throwing out blood than ants.

Oh I made a pun earlier. Pretty good.

lol

yPb0zfL.jpg

qdiitlL.jpg

wont be tagged summon on launch
GP4DedH.jpg

sQpa7vA.jpg

Absolutely wonderful.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I feel sorry for people who have a phobia of ants.

Although it looks more like he's throwing out blood than ants.

Oh I made a pun earlier. Pretty good.

What about people with phobia of blood?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
posted on forum

Difficulty Modes

There is no longer a “Normal”, “Heroic” and “Superheroic” difficulty for story mode.

All references to difficulty modes in the Story have been removed throughout the game. There is now simply "Story Mode"

Grouping

Grouping is now simplified. You do not have to switch difficulties at any time in order to join another player’s group, you simply join them.

Story Mode Experience and Missions

Experience rewards for story mode have been greatly increased.

Players can level from 1 to 60 in story mode alone, at a brisk pace, if they wish.

Several new optional story missions have been added in various chapters, with experience awards, to aid in leveling. More may be added in the future, as needed.

Those new missions will be reflected in your mission log, if you wish to complete them for fun, but there are no new “must have” rewards.

Achievements

Several achievements related to difficulty modes have been simplified or moved in the "Retired" section within the Feats achievement category. They will remain on a player’s record for posterity, but no longer contribute to achievement point totals. This applies to the Heroic and Superheroic versions of the "Defeat the Brotherhood" achievements.

Achievements which required an objective to be completed in a specific difficulty mode have been adjusted to simply require that task to be completed in "story mode" and not reference a difficulty. This affects nine achievements in total. If you've previously completed those achievement, you will of course keep your credit.

The set of achievements requiring a defeat of Doctor Doom in Superheroic mode now simply require the defeat occur in story mode. (Since Doom is towards the end of the revised story, it's roughly the same difficulty). These are the "... vs. Doctor Doom" achievements. If you've completed them already, you'll keep your credit.

Treasure Rooms

Whenever a story region spawns, it usually randomly creates two of the three possible treasure rooms in the area. For achievement hunters, it will no longer be possible to simply change difficulty modes to try and respawn treasure rooms. It will require either a relog or joining a different party.

However, we are going to increase the spawn rate of Treasure Rooms to the maximum possible per region (resulting in ~50% more treasure rooms in any given story region), which will be exciting.

Consider this if you want to complete certain achievements in an easier fashion before this change happens.

Mission Awards

Story-mode mission awards have been consolidated whenever appropriate, essentially resulting in “triple” rewards for many missions.

If a mission awards health, spirit or power points, completing the mission will now combine the awards for Normal, Heroic and Superheroic into one award.

A player who completed any of these missions, on any difficulty, prior to the patch will receive full credit for completing all three of them.

If you have not completed any difficulty of these prior to the difficulty consolidation patch, they can simply complete it afterwards and receive the full “triple” credit.

If you've already completed ANY difficulty of these missions in the past, you don't need to do anything - everything will be handled automatically.

Story Mode Artifacts

Three artifacts awarded for quests are no consolidated to award only the Superheroic version, with a name change and lowered level requirement. Details:

Maht's Arrowhead (Normal) and (Heroic) are no longer available. Maht's Arrowhead (Superheroic) version will now be awarded as the quest reward, with a reduced level requirement of 19 and the item name officially changed to Maht's Bladed Arrowhead. Image: http://i.imgur.com/n8kkhM2.jpg

S.H.I.E.L.D. Motion Tracker (Normal) and (Heroic) are no longer available. S.H.I.E.L.D. Motion Tracker (Superheroic) version will now be awarded as the quest reward, with a reduced level requirement of 19 and the item name officially changed to S.H.I.E.L.D. Motion Analyzer. Image: http://imgur.com/JJWMbE8

Yukio's Charm (Normal) and (Heroic) are no longer available. Yukio's Charm (Superheroic) version will now be awarded as the quest reward, with a reduced level requirement of 15 and the item name officially changed to Yukio's Lucky Charm. Image: http://imgur.com/Q1T92NF

If you are interested in collecting specific versions of these 3 artifacts, be sure to complete the appropriate difficulty missions before July 16th if you haven't already. The normal and heroic versions of these artifacts won't be available once the Ant-Man patch goes live and you will not receive the revised Superheroic version once the change is made if you've already completed the missions on normal or heroic previously.

What To Do Now

If you want to acquire the Normal or Superheroic versions of the 3 artifacts listed above, you should complete the appropriate missions now.

If you are an achievement hunter and want to quickly reset treasure rooms by changing difficulty modes, you may want to do that in the next week.

If you want to have some achievements in the "Retired" category of X-traordinary Feats, you may want to complete the Heroic and Superheroic versions of the "Defeat the Brotherhood" achievements.

Otherwise, you don't have much to do.

Future Plans

The consolidation of difficulty modes is a fine step to making grouping easier and has lots of benefits for new players, but it also lays the groundwork for additional features for the future.

We are planning a "Mentor Mode" which will allow you to auto-magically scale yourself down and group with lower level friends in story zones (and possibly other zones) while still gaining gear for your level. This is planned for later in the year.

We would like to eventually create a level 60 Cosmic Story "terminal", with appropriate rewards, achievements, etc.

We are working on designs for self-selected scaling difficulty and other features that will be used with the upcoming "Leaderboard" tech.

Let me know if anything here is unclear so I can clean it up or add more info.

The beta version of this Difficult Mode Consolidation work will be on test center tomorrow night and will launch with the Ant-Man patch.

That sounds great. I'm especially looking forward to whenever they launch the Mentor Mode.

I'm assuming the Ant-Man patch will be next Thursday/Friday to coincide with the movie's release in the US. Would I be correct?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I am definitely not sad about the fact that getting all the bonus power points is now just the 4 quests instead of 12 total.

Calcium

Banned
Is there always an event going in this game? There seems to be a Cosmic Worldstone thing going on right now, which seems pretty cool. It's nice to get that little bit of extra loot while farming, makes everything much more pleasant.

Things are going much, much better for my Nightcrawler for me today. I didn't even upgrade my gear really, just altered my playstyle to be a little less reckless. Teleporting away from danger is actually fairly easy and feels natural. I really hope I enjoy another character as much as I love playing Nightcrawler.

inky

If this isn't his ult we should riot.

cwVxl3l.gif

People have such a hard on for this moment. It wasn't even that great.

I hope they never do it on games or movies /inkyheelturn

Is there always an event going in this game? There seems to be a Cosmic Worldstone thing going on right now, which seems pretty cool. It's nice to get that little bit of extra loot while farming, makes everything much more pleasant.

Yea, pretty much. At this point they are just part of the regular leveling/gearing experience.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if any of you guys by any chance are at or going to SDCC, they will be gifting ant man at the panel (to people there of course)

Marvel Heroes 2015 ‏@MarvelHeroes 20m20 minutes ago
PSSSTTTT… Big (er...*little*) giveaway for anyone who attends our panel today at 6:00 in Room 125ABC. See you there? #PlayMarvelHeroes

Calcium

Banned
Just bought two cosmic mystery boxes hoping to get some characters. Got two incredibly ugly costumes (X-Men Deadpool and Magneto's Acolyte Colossus) for characters I don't own. Yikes. Won't be doing that again.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sounds good, I've got about half an hour to kill before I leave work.

Dec

Well I played him for like 45 minutes and he's pretty fun. He uses spirit but has a secondary "ants" resource that is used for some powers.

He has a spell that generates ants when you use it except in this first patch it is bugged to remove all your ants and prevent you from getting anymore for 30 seconds. As a result, in actual use sometimes I just couldn't generate enough ants to do a proper rotation.

Signature is cool at a 20 second cooldown, movement powers are really fun and he has quite a lot of damage layers so he will probably be pretty good. He also has a lot of passive abilities (4 I think), pretty keybind heavy overall though since some are activated and he has like 3 vulnerability applicators that stack (buff his different tree).

Uniques still missing and not tuned yet so hard to say about damage, survivability and stuff like spirit management.

Edit: Oh I guess he does have uniques, the thought of doing a boven portal on him was scary so I didn't look.

Indignate

He has a spell that generates ants when you use it except in this first patch it is bugged to remove all your ants and prevent you from getting anymore for 30 seconds. As a result, in actual use sometimes I just couldn't generate enough ants to do a proper rotation.

Absolutely Amazing.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why all gear has procs now that are up practically 100% of the time anyway. Just makes it annoying because your character sheet won't be accurate out of combat.

Dec

I don't understand why all gear has procs now that are up practically 100% of the time anyway. Just makes it annoying because your character sheet won't be accurate out of combat.

Item budget I believe. Amthua has to adhere to a rough item budget that makes everyones uniques (reviewed ones anyways) around the same level of power, those procs are a decent way to increase the effective power of a unique without using as much of the budget.

It's another case though where they could just increase the item budget of everyone instead of doing workarounds like that. I think it's just a case of being too deep in the item review already to restart and increase the budget.

Almost there

Will update as the panel goes on.

War Machine will have chainsaws and his laser blade.

Vote for the last character is between Green Goblin, Ms. Marvel, Magik, Wasp, Nick Fury, and Miles Morales. Kamala got the most applause.

Carnage is the next Team Up.

New costumes

Preview of the old costume revamp:

Quick note about the future of Any hero uniques. With their big review they will be adding Stark Tech slots to them, and the cubes for those will be better than just +1 to a skill.

I mean all of those characters are coming, it will just decide who comes out this year. I'd love to see Kamala the most of all of those
and get her as part of the advance pack I already paid for.

Dec

I know that Cable costume has been requested for over a year. Happy to see Cable players get something for once.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
That loki costume is worse holy shit haha

I literally just posted in that thread saying that indig. Its obvious shes being worked on n thry know she will win poll

Top Bottom