• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Sblargh

Banned
We should enforce this:

raidqual_zps361b786b.png

We should point, laugh and keep being awesome and stress-free

Btw, 10+ ultimate or 5k Omega? How does one cancel the other? I'd say Omega points are much more important.

Dec

No hardware cursor again makes me sad. Was the best feature in this patch.

Looking forward to seeing it maybe in a month. Probably just wait until then.

Edit: Even streams can't escape being delayed.

Btw, 10+ ultimate or 5k Omega? How does one cancel the other? I'd say Omega points are much more important.

I'd say there are maybe only a couple of heroes (Ms. Marvel, Wolvie maybe) where having 10+ ranks in ultimate would be better than 5000 omega points. It's a weird choice for sure.

The red raid is partly what is bumming me out about this game. I have two friends who play all the time and they're both leaving our current guild to join some red raiders. Don't be surprised if I ask for a GAF invite this weekend.

Have you played Psylocke extensively? She already requires one full skill bar and half of another in a raid setting. Her damage priority cycle is already full. I can't imagine attempting to cycle on/off a visual effect every other rotation to activate the Power Cosmic. That would be a huge pain and a damage loss no matter which way you look at it.

The issue is Gaz said they were doing one thing, then did the exact opposite at the eleventh hour. It's not cool.

Psylocke's optimal damage build is as a hybrid. Hybrid items are too good in this game. If someone is running around playing her with the psi blades, they have intentionally gimped their overall damage in order to enjoy a cool visual effect. If your goal is to have fun with the character, play her as a mental build and enjoy her. Once dual spec comes out, I certainly will have that as an option. But if your goal is to maximize the character's damage potential, you can't enjoy the new toggle.

Yes I do play Psylocke and I do agree that the visual and function should be separate. The toggling is annoying but people can easily execute around it because in other games people had to do more strict execution requirements (in dfo people used gear swapped mid combo, which meant they had to open their inventory and click it). I wouldn't be surprised if some people play Psylocke this way for full mental if it goes through, since the really good hybrid gear gives you buffs that last a duration for seconds, people hit just frames and do 1frame link combos in other games, a 10 second window to remind yourself to toggle isn't that much of a hurdle.

Anyways, I do agree with you that gaz shouldn't make a last minute change like this or at least have the full mental toggle elsewhere. Just saying that having a full mental toggle could give her 2 vastly different and viable itemizations, since she could potentially go full mental and enjoy the buffs from the hybrid items that grant it for hitting 2 damage types.

Indignate

Omega Orbs seem like a good general reward for this stuff.

I was hopeful about that last Luke Cage one while reading it that it would be really unique, like earn a certain amount of credits via the bonus gold from his passive, but I'm sure that would just make people upset that they had to level some skill (and presumably use two retcon potions) that they didn't want to, so instead it's super generic.

KePoW

Banned

I was hopeful about that last Luke Cage one while reading it that it would be really unique, like earn a certain amount of credits via the bonus gold from his passive, but I'm sure that would just make people upset that they had to level some skill (and presumably use two retcon potions) that they didn't want to, so instead it's super generic.

that girl in ur avatar looks mean

Sblargh

Banned
I'd say there are maybe only a couple of heroes (Ms. Marvel, Wolvie maybe) where having 10+ ranks in ultimate would be better than 5000 omega points. It's a weird choice for sure.

The red raid is partly what is bumming me out about this game. I have two friends who play all the time and they're both leaving our current guild to join some red raiders. Don't be surprised if I ask for a GAF invite this weekend.

I'll be ofended you didn't asked before!

It is an amazing reference, tho. My Marvelite side fangirls a bunch seeing stuff like this.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
ill give it to gaz in many places. but they really are one of the worst devs at patching and constantly breaking or fucking things up patch wise lol might have to give them credit here for being consistent tho :D

ill give it to gaz in many places. but they really are one of the worst devs at patching and constantly breaking or fucking things up patch wise lol might have to give them credit here for being consistent tho :D

They are the most consistent in the patch game. I have never experienced a patch that did not completely break some vital game mechanic. The latest? Items don't appear. Ooookay.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
They are the most consistent in the patch game. I have never experienced a patch that did not completely break some vital game mechanic. The latest? Items don't appear. Ooookay.

did they copy the invisible xp orbs over to items and call it a day :D that was only last week lol.

to be fair on gaz it seems like when they do fix a bug in a certain area in this case the xp orbs (they have fixed them in chests now) they create another bug in same area (items dissapearing). they are wizards at making all sorts of bugs

Let me put it to you this way: Psylocke just had a significant number of changes made. They introduced a patch yesterday that now has all her assassinate abilities hitting twice and doing double damage. Also, the Power Cosmic damage modifiers kick in for her even when you are using a 100% mental damage build. That's right, hitting with all mental abilities somehow triggers the boost that is only supposed to happen when hitting with physical abilities.

That patch is going live in a matter of hours.

Basically, the TC is relatively worthless. They make massive adjustments based on the whims of the vocal minority, then let game altering bugs slide through. I think because this game has a smaller player base, the hundreds of players who get on the TC and make comments almost universally get what they want. Hence, we now have a toggle that can't be used by Psylocke's strongest build.

For all practical purposes, the few days after a major patch goes live are the actual test phase.

Sblargh

Banned
It's almost a mini-game at this point to figure out what is broken after a patch. If multi-spec is coming on this one, I'm betting that retcon devices will be bugged somehow.

It's almost a mini-game at this point to figure out what is broken after a patch. If multi-spec is coming on this one, I'm betting that retcon devices will be bugged somehow.

More like every time you try and swap specs it resets all your skill points. It's gonna happen!

Sblargh

Banned
More like every time you try and swap specs it resets all your skill points. It's gonna happen!

When you prestige, your points don't reset, so you're level 1 with all your level 60 skills.

...which is actually not a bad idea since skills scale with level.

Edit:
Jesus, patch notes. So many patch notes. Gotta give them that.
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1810893#Comment_1810893

Edit 2: You know, if I snag a power cosmic, I might put it on Ghost Rider.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
fuck auto loot for medkits n credits fuck fuck

vaporzie by rarirty is awesome change too

Auto-Loot Med Kits will automatically loot Med Kits directly into your inventory so you never have to pick them up. Click the box to enable auto-looting of Med Kits.

Auto-Loot Credits will automatically pick up all credits that drop, giving you full value instantly.

Vaporize Gear is available for slots 1-5. This feature allows you to individually specify each slot and each rarity tier to auto-loot directly into your Cybernetic pet (gaining upgrades to the appropriate cybernetics affix). If your Cybernetic Pet is completely full or your do not currently have a Pet equipped, you will get the credit value that you would get from a Cybernetics vacuum instead.

Sblargh

Banned
Ultimates that include one or more summoned allies have received a pass to deal much more damage and be extremely durable in difficult content.

Those powers now gain benefit from player stats, making them scale better with itemization.

They will now inherit the following stats from the player:

Damage Rating
Base Damage %
Critical Damage Rating
Brutal Damage Rating.

Momma like.

DD's ultimate was really starting to feel like shit. Super-Elektra hopefully changes that.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I just downloaded the 2.8GB update on Steam, which took a while at around 1MB/S, I go to start the game, and it downloads the entire update again... why the fuck. What is this.

okay no now it says it's downloading 4.3GB... wtf. Something got messed up. This is v frustrating.

KePoW

Banned
Auto-Loot Med Kits will automatically loot Med Kits directly into your inventory so you never have to pick them up. Click the box to enable auto-looting of Med Kits.

Auto-Loot Credits will automatically pick up all credits that drop, giving you full value instantly.

Vaporize Gear is available for slots 1-5. This feature allows you to individually specify each slot and each rarity tier to auto-loot directly into your Cybernetic pet (gaining upgrades to the appropriate cybernetics affix). If your Cybernetic Pet is completely full or your do not currently have a Pet equipped, you will get the credit value that you would get from a Cybernetics vacuum instead.

I'm scared to try these 3 options, because you just know it's bugged

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Still downloading again.

What a horrible night to have a patchcurse

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
*me, yesterday*

Fuck this game, bought a hero I didn't want just to get the bogo and got a repeat of one of the 7 heroes I already own.

*me, today*

Hmmm....$50 to double my heroes and a bunch of costumes plus stashes seems alright...

Dec

Wow. The game crashed on me and when I restarted it I had no UI at all. It never loaded and I couldn't see my mouse or anything. I ran to the boss I was doing and killed it with no UI then had a really tough time picking up the loot lol.

That was something.

Vecks

Just saw on the forums that eternity splinter potions are not working this patch.

These are confirmed not working on the live build.

We will refund anyone who used one today and remove them from the store.

There was likely a change to conditions and these will need to get a new tag to work again, which will require a new build.

For now, don't use them, but if you do, you will get a full refund for any you use.

Sorry about that.

I just downloaded the 2.8GB update on Steam, which took a while at around 1MB/S, I go to start the game, and it downloads the entire update again... why the fuck. What is this.

okay no now it says it's downloading 4.3GB... wtf. Something got messed up. This is v frustrating.

Yesterday, Steam deleted 17 gigabytes from my Mordor download. I had to start over from scratch, which means I downloaded approximately 50 gigabytes for one game. The pain.

Carm

Just saw on the forums that eternity splinter potions are not working this patch.

boo, after I popped it and logged out to use later. I"m assuming this will get a auto refund instead of having to deal with support.

Finally pulled the trigger on the advanced pack 2. Really don't have the cash for it now, but with surgery this week, I'll have the money back for future dentist bills by the time I'm not sore anymore and and can go.

Top Bottom