• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Volimar

She's actually not all that fun and a waste of a character slot.

jDhuThO.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sure her default will be classic Magik that I am not a fan of but her alt will either be the one above or Phoenix 5

Magik-Illyana-Rasputin-as-one-of-the-Phoenix-Five-x-men-31387998-250-416_zpsc019b741.png

There is zero chance her default isn't the slutty one, it's the one she's used for years and will be using (a slightly altered version) in Extraordinary X-Men. I would bet money on it. Classic New Mutants has alt written all over it.

And yes that Phoenix one will probably be one of the first alts, if not the first like you said.

Considering every other character who's been included in the game that already had a model made for it used that one as the default, I wouldn't hold your breath. I would be very happy to be wrong.

Psylocke and She Hulk are not the model they used for the npcs. And Magik was one of the first team ups when not much work was clearly put on it (or those first team ups) compared to the models of the recent ones

Ploid 3.0

I was going to maybe buy Ant Man but I'll just wait on Magik, then wait on her new character end of honeymoon nerfs, and see how the dust settles.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was going to maybe buy Ant Man but I'll just wait on Magik, then wait on her new character end of honeymoon nerfs, and see how the dust settles.

Magik probably won't be anytime soon assuming she wins the vote

The next two after Ant Man are Kitty Pryde and War Machine

On this note, at Comic-con when they announced the last five heroes after War Machine, the specific order they were revealed in was Blade, then Kitty, Black Cat, Iron Fist, and finally the vote winner aka Magik. The guy did add that this order may change, but it seemed like this was an updated release schedule. Blade may have been moved up a month.

Dec

Magik probably won't be anytime soon assuming she wins the vote

Pretty sure they have confirmed no two hero months until near the end of the year so I would expect 2 heroes in November and December.

Aug - War Machine
Sept - Kitty
Oct - Blade
Nov - Black Cat/Magik
Dec - Iron Fist/Mystery

A lot of guessing but probably close.

Edit: New info above, hopefully that is correct.

Rhaknar

Magik is part of the October relaunch so they might want to push her then.

Then again so is female Blade so /shrug

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Like i said magik screams 200g hero to me but she wont be ofcourse

At first I thought Black Widow was weak, but then I realised I was too used to The Things AOE Smashing. I'm really enjoying Widow's spike damage, and it seems you can still do some decent AOE damage with shock and invisibility thing. Not too sure on the grenades though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Like i said magik screams 200g hero to me but she wont be ofcourse

Gaz mentioned earlier this year that they had already done concept work on playable Magik and that she was "well beyond" 200 splinters, and was probably close to 600 than 400 (even though she will probably stay 400.)

Also, regarding models, I don't think "new playable heroes use existing NPC models" is correct. Isn't playable Doom actually better textured than the boss doom model that was used since launch? I know classic Magneto costume definitely has more detailed textures than boss magneto. Also, the War Machine model showed at SDCC is clearly a new model and not the one that has been sitting in Avengers Tower this whole time. Taskmaster is the only direct copy of an NPC model, I think.

I would expect default Magik to be the same model/costume as the current teamup, but I'm sure it will be re-done with better textures.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
lol if she is 600g then its bullshit, theres nothing she has thats new as such.

sword gameplay can be ripped from deadpool/review design.

summon demons etc would be from team ups and similar stuff to doctor strange im guessing ?

literally 600g magik would be basically like iron man being that price we all know the reason.

regarding jean grey amthua posted this

Design and powers will be looking at her items/kit very soon. Based on our schedules that remains up in the air if it will be accomplished before or after the patch. Ideally we get all this finished before.

amthua also changed his avatar to taskmaster so expect some changes to him soon

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh don't get me wrong I highly doubt she will be 600, that post (from Doomsaw I believe, not certain) was basically just insurance against people expecting her to be 200. I'm sure she will be 400.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yea i know she will be 400. Im just saying to me she sounds like she should be 200

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are talking about numbers that have arbitrary meaning to them.

X23 rip of wolvie

Tasky rip off spiderman

Magik rip off dead pool / half of her shit already team up

Considering tasky is the top selling hero. Missed opportunity here

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
where are you even getting that magik rips off deadpool, what even. did you just make that up?

also x-23 is no more a ripoff of wolverine (in this game) than of any other melee hero. Taskmaster sure but his whole shtick is that he copies powers so it makes sense he uses various heroes' powers.

also WHO CARES how much splinters she's gonna cost when we don't even know anything yet. Not like you didn't get the advance pack anyway.

Anoregon

Maybe they regret not making Taskmaster a 400 or 600 splinter hero considering how well he sold (even if he isn't worth that much).

They probably don't want to make that mistake again.

Conversely, he would very likely not be the top selling hero if he wasn't 200 splinters.

Indignate

If we go by the rubric of "it's been done before" then we're getting dangerously close to the point where every future character has to be 200 splinters.

Conversely, he would very likely not be the top selling hero if he wasn't 200 splinters.

This is true, Gaz can probably get away with charging more for Magik though as people seem to really want her.

The Taskmaster buzz was almost certainly cause he was a surprise.

I do wonder if he had been announced as an advanced pack hero if he'd have the same kind of welcome that Black Cat is getting now.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The only reason Taskmaster is most-sold is because he's cheap and not in any Advance Packs or other pre-order packs, probably.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i wish they would stop slapping on secondary resources to every hero, kinder of annoying how every hero recently is follow the standard use x/y to then use/gain z

Ploid 3.0

I liked She Hulks default, though I wish I liked playing her more. She provided me with two costumes to blend at least. Sadly I got Fear Itself Dr. Strange, and I still can't get his gameplay style down.

Calcium

Banned
Got my legendary today and thanks to Midtown Madness it is almost rank 4 already. Cosmic Midtown isn't as frightening for Nightcrawler now, but I'm still fearing for my life every second. Definitely looking forward to leveling a ranged character so I can sit back and shoot stuff.

Quick question regarding costume cores, would I want +1 Strength or +4,510 Health Regeneration with the 2s Invulnerability and Health/Spirit. I can see the benefit of having either, just having a tough time making a decision. Which would be better?

Dec

Got my legendary today and thanks to Midtown Madness it is almost rank 4 already. Cosmic Midtown isn't as frightening for Nightcrawler now, but I'm still fearing for my life every second. Definitely looking forward to leveling a ranged character so I can sit back and shoot stuff.

Quick question regarding costume cores, would I want +1 Strength or +4,510 Health Regeneration with the 2s Invulnerability and Health/Spirit. I can see the benefit of having either, just having a tough time making a decision. Which would be better?

+1 Strength would be better but still not the best (trifecta helps NC a lot). One thing to consider is that 25%/invuln/str can be a valuable core you might not want to waste on NC and might rather sell for something if you're into trading.

I say might be because off the top of my head I don't know who uses xgene that would want it. Adamantium with those affixes is worth a lot but I've never bought an x-gene so I'm not sure.

Either way it's a valuable core I would guess around 7-12 Gem of the Kursed.

tldr: High trade value, not best in slot for NC but still a fantastic choice if it is good enough for you.

Use health regen if you want to sell the str one, use the str one if you don't want to get into trading.

Rhaknar

..whut? Str/invulnerable cores got for 7+ GoKs? What about the inv/health on med kit then?

I need to start looking into trades, get me some GoKs for the army

Rhaknar

Ah. What about a regular heatlh/invulnerability?

Calcium

Banned
+1 Strength would be better but still not the best (trifecta helps NC a lot). One thing to consider is that 25%/invuln/str can be a valuable core you might not want to waste on NC and might rather sell for something if you're into trading.

I say might be because off the top of my head I don't know who uses xgene that would want it. Adamantium with those affixes is worth a lot but I've never bought an x-gene so I'm not sure.

Either way it's a valuable core I would guess around 7-12 Gem of the Kursed.

tldr: High trade value, not best in slot for NC but still a fantastic choice if it is good enough for you.

Use health regen if you want to sell the str one, use the str one if you don't want to get into trading.

Thanks for the information. Obviously I'm still pretty new to the game so I don't think getting into trading is a good idea for me. I'll go ahead and use the STR core and save the other one for whoever else uses X-Genes.

I read in chat that they are implementing a gate system for Cosmic Midtown Madness which is a good idea. As a new player I had no idea that I was woefully undergeared for that content. I assumed 60 gear was good enough and the game doesn't really tell you about upgrades, blessings, etc. Suddenly my struggles in Midtown makes a hell of a lot of sense. Getting my NC to that level seems like it'll take quite a bit of time considering how slow Odin marks and Commendations are to come by and in a game where the alt itch is so intense I just don't know if I'll bother for a while.

Dec

Ah. What about a regular heatlh/invulnerability?

In the current MH economy GoKs are in the gutter, I think 1-2 GoKs for those depending on the time you sell.

Adamantiums are probably up right now due to Antman's imminent release.

Thanks for the information. Obviously I'm still pretty new to the game so I don't think getting into trading is a good idea for me. I'll go ahead and use the STR core and save the other one for whoever else uses X-Genes.

I read in chat that they are implementing a gate system for Cosmic Midtown Madness which is a good idea. As a new player I had no idea that I was woefully undergeared for that content. I assumed 60 gear was good enough and the game doesn't really tell you about upgrades, blessings, etc. Suddenly my struggles in Midtown makes a hell of a lot of sense. Getting my NC to that level seems like it'll take quite a bit of time considering how slow Odin marks and Commendations are to come by and in a game where the alt itch is so intense I just don't know if I'll bother for a while.

There is a grind that comes with beginning playing this game at this point where the commendations have been out for a year and all rewards that have been added demanding them have added up to a wall for new players. If you can deal with the grind they have done a good job of making the rewards very alt-friendly. That said I don't envy new players trying to gear, it's a rough 2-3 month grind.

Calcium

Banned
IThere is a grind that comes with beginning playing this game at this point where the commendations have been out for a year and all rewards that have been added demanding them have added up to a wall for new players. If you can deal with the grind they have done a good job of making the rewards very alt-friendly. That said I don't envy new players trying to gear, it's a rough 2-3 month grind.

I don't mind the grind, but I am just constantly thinking about leveling alts. Right now I really want to try out Magneto, Rocket Raccoon, Wolverine, Colossus and Cyclops. If I'm pouring all my time into gearing Nightcrawler I'm just not going to get much done on that front. STASH space is also an issue for me because I'm saving all this gear for alts and it is just sitting there until they are able to use it.

Speaking of leveling an alt, does anyone know when the revamped story is happening? I was going to start Rocket Raccoon tomorrow, but if that patch is hitting soonish I might just hold off.

Dec

I don't mind the grind, but I am just constantly thinking about leveling alts. Right now I really want to try out Magneto, Rocket Raccoon, Wolverine, Colossus and Cyclops. If I'm pouring all my time into gearing Nightcrawler I'm just not going to get much done on that front. STASH space is also an issue for me because I'm saving all this gear for alts and it is just sitting there until they are able to use it.

Speaking of leveling an alt, does anyone know when the revamped story is happening? I was going to start Rocket Raccoon tomorrow, but if that patch is hitting soonish I might just hold off.

It is on the test client now so it should be in the antman patch which hits as close to the movie (15th) as possible.

I'd guess tomorrow or Wednesday.

Rhaknar

My new jam is farming uniques to exchange for stacks of relics.

Rhaknar

What the hell did you do with them before?

The uniques? Credit boxes when I was super broke for awhile, before that I traded them for Hero uniques because uniques didn't really rain like they do now with icp boxes and Monday midtown boxes. Also I didn't know about the relic trade (which was why I had like 1400 hours and no 1000 stack of any)

I'm still desperately trying to get decent stats on the Cybernetics slots on all my pets.

Also this. I have at least +2 of whatever that hero needs on every of my 48 pets. All my mains have +3 (I think)

Volimar

COSMIC 60 YEAH BABY!!!

HAPPY DANCES FOR EVERYONE!!!

UgpR2iE.gif

Well that was fun. I can't wait to do it again never ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER!

Top Bottom