• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So, I looked this word up just now.
First of all: I only ever heard it used in the context of someone who's really nutty. That was what the definition I used. Because that's what Pym is. I was not aware of its second meaning up until your reaction.
Second: I am a fucking gay man. One of the most homosexual beings you will ever find. Do you really REALLY think I would say "ololol he so ghei" as a man who likes to suck cocks? Think about it.

Like, come on, we've known each other for about 2 years now in which I never have uttered anything homophobic in the slightest, at least have the courtesy of assuming innocence until proven guilty.

I had no idea you were gay, and I only knew fruitcake used as a derrogatory term, hence the indignate gif, because I didnt expect it from you. If I was assuming guilt, I would have said so, like I do to our other racist / homophobe members

Besides, if I was assuming guilt, I would have used the universal disaproval gif

giphy.gif

not the indignate one. Know your gifs damn it! :p

Indignate

You're spelling indignant wrong.

Where are you from that you've never known it to mean what we thought you were meaning? At first I thought it was just an American thing, but Rhaknar knew and that dude is from like Portugal or somewhere weird.

But then again he's also probably on the internet way too much.

I'm living in Austria, but I have a lot of friends across the English-speaking sphere, and none of them ever used "fruitcake" in a way to describe gays. Ever.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Other than Doomsaw's post on the Cable forums about the 8 week timeframe, was there anything else mentioned? I remember a long time ago they had a plan for one build that would be soldier focused, primarily an energy weapons build; and then the other build would be very similar to his current hybrid energy/mental dot layering.

I'm pretty sure they mentioned working on visuals for psimitar/melee stuff, which would potentially be a pretty big change from his current situation.

Theyre aiming for Thursday release for Ant-man right? Finally a new hero to play again.

I'm living in Austria, but I have a lot of friends across the English-speaking sphere, and none of them ever used "fruitcake" in a way to describe gays. Ever.

Dont worry man, I'm in Australia and I always thought the term meant "crazy" or something similar. Never heard it associated with gay until now.

It's a phrase that I've really only heard in early grade school, so you probably won't be hearing anyone use it like that anymore.

The only people I have something against are Carnage fans.

His Team Up comes out in a couple weeks. Can't wait. :D

His Team Up comes out in a couple weeks. Can't wait. :D

Yeah but you explained yourself already Frostyboo. You're not a true Carnage fan. You just like his visual design, which is alright I guess.
You're not "omigawd, I love his personality so much"!

Honestly I think people who think Carnage is a really awesome villain for his personality or his (frankly, really petty) villainy are the kinds of people who like to cut open alive puppies to see what they look like inside.

Drayco21

Do we know if Carnage's script is based on his normal, edgelord terrible self yet? Because I don't even buy Team-Ups, and I would still buy Carnage's team-up if he was actually Carnage-Man.

It doesn't help that almost every writer ever likes using Pym as a doormat for everybody to step on. And that outside of the books he's literally reduced to 1 comic panel only.

I love the way Remender actually used that as part of his character in Rage of Ultron.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I cant wait for Carnage team up just being a reskin of Agent Venom team up (or vice versa) with the same skills.

We shall see Drayco rage the likes nobody has ever seen. It shall be glorious

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I cant wait for Carnage team up just being a reskin of Agent Venom team up (or vice versa) with the same skills.

We shall see Drayco rage the likes nobody has ever seen. It shall be glorious

When Agent Venom becomes his own playable character, Carnage should be an enhanced costume.

I can already feel Drayco's psychic hatred collapsing around my mind.

Anoregon

Asked in a thread about Carnage:
So, does that mean that all of the villians-turned-heroes because of the inversion from Axis are now playable candidates?

From Doomsaw:
I think that's fair to say, although we have a huge list of candidates besides them, so most of them will have to get in line!

I'm sure the idea of that will make more than one person in this thread mad, but I'm totally cool with it.

Also, Carnage teamup is specifically based on Axis version.

Asked in a thread about Carnage:

From Doomsaw:

I'm sure the idea of that will make more than one person in this thread mad, but I'm totally cool with it.

Also, Carnage teamup is specifically based on Axis version.

And people are already yelling for him to be in the next AP. Ugh.

Anoregon

I honestly would not be able to think of 12 marvel characters I would be more interested in seeing. AP3 wouldn't surprise me all that much.

Anoregon

Liar, there's no way there are 100 marvel characters.

Liar, there's no way there are 100 marvel characters.

A challenge? Okay.
Taking out the characters we have confirmed for AP2 and taking Magik as the 12th AP2 hero, as well as counting out Beast and Domino here.

1. Black Bolt
2. Medusa
3. Crystal
4. Monica Rambeau
5. Captain Britain
6. Agent Venom
7. Clea
8. Brother Voodoo
9. Werewolf by Night
10. Quasar
11. Moondragon
12. Nick Fury
13. Elektra
14. Drax
15. Gamora
16. Angela
17. Sif
18. Spider-Woman
19. Falcon
20. Rescue
21. Quicksilver
22. Hercules
23. Wonder Man
24. Jack of Hearts
25. Stardust
26. Namor
27. Ikaris
28. Sersi
29. Starfox
30. Swordsman
31. Mantis
32. Misty Knight
33. Colleen Wing
34. Cloak & Dagger
35. Jessica Jones
36. Agent Coulson
37. Sharon Carter
38. Abigail Brand
39. Lionheart
40. Meggan
41. Rachel Summers
42. Hope Summers
43. Jubilee
44. Dazzler
45. Elsa Bloodstone
46. Blink
47. Spiral
48. Aurora
49. Northstar
50. Guardian
51. Darkstar
52. Justice
53. Speedball
54. Rawhide Kid
55. Big Bertha
56. A-Bomb
57. Man-Wolf
58. Kamala Khan
59. Miles Morales
60. Wiccan
61. Hulkling
62. Nico Minoru
63. Chase Stein & Old Lace
64. Ka-Zar
65. Shanna
66. Sunspot
67. Cannonball
68. Adam Warlock
69. Stingray
70. Doctor Druid
71. Echo
72. Ronan the Accuser
73. Ikon the Space Knight
74. Firestar
75. Gorgon
76. Triton
77. Night Nurse
78. Bug
79. Longshot
80. Starhawk
81. Hellcat
82. Daimon Hellstrom
83. Satana
84. Mockingbird
85. Tigra
86. Havok
87. Fantomex
88. Valkyrie
89. Omega Sentinel
90. Black Knight
91. Union Jack
92. Thundra
93. Angel
94. Phantom Reporter
95. Blonde Phantom
96. Silk
97. Arabian Knight
98. Nightmask
99. Star Brand
100. Machine Man
Bonus 101. Millie the Model

All of these are characters I'd rather see in the game than Carnage as a playable. I also tried to stay mostly in the hero and anti-hero corner. I probably could list another 100 if you want.

However, I know that I will get at best 5 of them before Carnage will become playable because people have a huge boner for that piece of shit character. A boner that I will never understand.

Anoregon

I haven't heard of like half of those so that means you made them up.

Nice try though.

I had completely forgotten about Beast. How is he not here yet!? Why is Black Cat coming before him!?

Because Beast is a 200 splinter class character and Black Cat isn't.
Also because there's as of this moment 16 X-Men characters (with at least one more coming, and very likely a second one as well), and 2 Spider-Man characters, with one coming.

Wiccan's already in the game.

I feel like this game will be complete once Sleepwalker makes it in.

Sleepwalker was gonna be on my second list of 100 if Anoregon would've challenged me to give him another set. I already have like 20 names in my head.
And Gazillion, in multiple occasions, said that Wiccan as a costume is not preventing from Wiccan as a full character, quite the contrary - they want to do an actual Wiccan character.

Because Beast is a 200 splinter class character and Black Cat isn't.
Also because there's as of this moment 16 X-Men characters (with at least one more coming, and very likely a second one as well), and 2 Spider-Man characters, with one coming.

I know what you mean but you'd think they'd go with popularity over anything else.

Also if Black Cat can be worthy of 400 splinters then Beast can too. Magik was going to be 200 splinters at one point.

I know what you mean but you'd think they'd go with popularity over anything else.

Also if Black Cat can be worthy of 400 splinters then Beast can too. Magik was going to be 200 splinters at one point.

I can't tell you what Gaz is thinking or planning for those characters, so I can only tell you what the facts are and what Gaz has said.

Also, they go with what Marvel tells them first, then popularity (aka X-Men). Also Spider-Man is a massively popular franchise too.

I can't tell you what Gaz is thinking or planning for those characters, so I can only tell you what the facts are and what Gaz has said.

Also, they go with what Marvel tells them first, then popularity (aka X-Men). Also Spider-Man is a massively popular franchise too.

Oh yeah I know where you're coming from. But I haven't seen a big swell around Black Cat like there is around Magik or War Machine. I can't see them selling many Black Cat packs from the store. Most people who get her will have her because of the advanced pack.

As for Spidey being popular, you're right, he's my favourite hero but I don't really see how that translates over to Black Cat. She's not Spider-Man nor is she part of the spider family (Silk, Miguel, MIles etc).

The only reason I know of that they chose her is cause they wanted a hero who's playstyle was all about traps. Surely there's got to be someone more popular who can fit that role...?

Personally I am really excited for Black Cat. She's my second favourite hero off of the AP2 (unless the last hero's gonna be Green Goblin or Nick Fury, then she'd slip into rank 3) just going by liking the characters.

Either way, saying Black Cat doesn't really belong to the Spider family is kinda like saying Green Goblin or Morbius don't belong to Spider-Man's family either. Yes she isn't an actual spider-themed character, but she's a big part of his supporting cast, and one of Marvel's more popular females as well. Plus a female playable villain to top it off.

She also appears in many many non-comic media. She was in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon, for starters, and she's in various Marvel games like the Lego or Facebook ones. She's also part of a lot of merchandise that involves "the ladies of Marvel".

Of course she's not as big of a name as, say, Beast, but saying she's completely irrelevant and nobody knows her is completely underselling her. Especially in comparison to Spider-Man 2099 or Silk. C'mon.

I don't think She-Hulk is bad. She's weird. I one-shot Story's Phase 2 Doom with her at level 30. Maybe she falls off as she levels up, but she didn't seem to be rubbish.

A challenge? Okay.
Taking out the characters we have confirmed for AP2 and taking Magik as the 12th AP2 hero, as well as counting out Beast and Domino here.

1. Black Bolt
2. Medusa
3. Crystal
4. Monica Rambeau
5. Captain Britain
6. Agent Venom
7. Clea
8. Brother Voodoo
9. Werewolf by Night
10. Quasar
11. Moondragon
12. Nick Fury
13. Elektra
14. Drax
15. Gamora
16. Angela
17. Sif
18. Spider-Woman
19. Falcon
20. Rescue
21. Quicksilver
22. Hercules
23. Wonder Man
24. Jack of Hearts
25. Stardust
26. Namor
27. Ikaris
28. Sersi
29. Starfox
30. Swordsman
31. Mantis
32. Misty Knight
33. Colleen Wing
34. Cloak & Dagger
35. Jessica Jones
36. Agent Coulson
37. Sharon Carter
38. Abigail Brand
39. Lionheart
40. Meggan
41. Rachel Summers
42. Hope Summers
43. Jubilee
44. Dazzler
45. Elsa Bloodstone
46. Blink
47. Spiral
48. Aurora
49. Northstar
50. Guardian
51. Darkstar
52. Justice
53. Speedball
54. Rawhide Kid
55. Big Bertha
56. A-Bomb
57. Man-Wolf
58. Kamala Khan
59. Miles Morales
60. Wiccan
61. Hulkling
62. Nico Minoru
63. Chase Stein & Old Lace
64. Ka-Zar
65. Shanna
66. Sunspot
67. Cannonball
68. Adam Warlock
69. Stingray
70. Doctor Druid
71. Echo
72. Ronan the Accuser
73. Ikon the Space Knight
74. Firestar
75. Gorgon
76. Triton
77. Night Nurse
78. Bug
79. Longshot
80. Starhawk
81. Hellcat
82. Daimon Hellstrom
83. Satana
84. Mockingbird
85. Tigra
86. Havok
87. Fantomex
88. Valkyrie
89. Omega Sentinel
90. Black Knight
91. Union Jack
92. Thundra
93. Angel
94. Phantom Reporter
95. Blonde Phantom
96. Silk
97. Arabian Knight
98. Nightmask
99. Star Brand
100. Machine Man
Bonus 101. Millie the Model

All of these are characters I'd rather see in the game than Carnage as a playable. I also tried to stay mostly in the hero and anti-hero corner. I probably could list another 100 if you want.

However, I know that I will get at best 5 of them before Carnage will become playable because people have a huge boner for that piece of shit character. A boner that I will never understand.
wtf? how can you hate carnage? He is an awesome character.

Mulgrok

I don't think She-Hulk is bad. She's weird. I one-shot Story's Phase 2 Doom with her at level 30. Maybe she falls off as she levels up, but she didn't seem to be rubbish.

On release she was squishier than everyone except human torch. Not to long ago they fixed that though, and so she is ok now.

Dec

One has a new comic coming. The other does not. Not exactly the same :p

Any word if Ant-Man is today (thursday) or tomorrow?

Should hit Thursday at the regular time (6 hours from this post) according to plan.

Tomorrow morning so far. We have one more small build to fix some data issues coming up, but we're otherwise on track!

July 15 - 7:49PM

I've been tempted by She-Hulk but seeing you say she's on the level of Winter Soldier is turning me right off.

why? she is the most i look forward to using.

The main issue is with poor design (IMO). She has a big problem with ability bloat and being overdesigned. To maximize your damage output you have to use a bunch of skills that don't mesh with each other in an unforgiving and unfun rotation. Then you have her finishers. As a combo point user, surely spending them all will allow you to bust out some crazy moves, right? Nope. She has a basic looking uppercut as her main damage option, and a regular elbow drop for her other. Her sig is too quickly animated and unremarkable to watch. It just happens to have big numbers, so you use it. All of her problems are exacerbated if you have played Luke Cage before her, because she has much the same style of play, outside of her having a ranged attack. Is she bad? No. But she should've been much more interesting and unique.

Top Bottom