• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

wtf? how can you hate carnage? He is an awesome character.

How can you like Carnage? How can you say he's an awesome character?
His character is entirely composed of 90s extreme edginess and grittiness and goriness and dumb oneliners, and all he is capable of as a character is killing people and making graffiti out of the guts from the people he killed. How is that appealing? How is that interesting? Do you just like one-dimensional villains who kill a lot?

How if he is part of the big 3?

spiderman, venom and carnage.

Carnage isn't part of any big 3.

If you're referring to Marvel's most published characters (i.e. appearing in the most issues), then it's Spider-Man, Wolverine and Captain America. Carnage here isn't even in the top 300 or so.
If you're referring to the most published Spider-Man characters, then it's Spider-Man, J. Jonah Jameson and Mary Jane.
If you're referring to the biggest 3 Spider-Man villains, then it's Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Venom, with Carnage being far, FAR behind.

I'm actually 99% certain that the name Scarlet Spider is more often published than Carnage; though I'm not sure if Kaine is (probably not; only in combination with Ben I'd wager).

Poor Carnage, he's basically the Limp Bizkit of Marvel :(

But Limp Bizkit has made some listenable music.
Every story that has Carnage as main antagonist is trash. Not a single story is enriched by adding Carnage.

A more apt comparison would be that Carnage is the Aliens: Colonial Marines of Marvel. He looks better than he actually is (which is rubbish).

Oh wow I thought I had the burn, but no yours is even better. Ouch! I am struggling to remember any decent Carnage storyline outside of the Animated Spiderman series, and even that wasn't the best of the bunch (and part of a greater story).

Ploid 3.0

Got my first 1k odin mark legendary, put it on Storm as I've been enjoying her lately and she rips through things (CCR). I'm scared to get comfortable with Scarlet Witch as I can hear the swing of the nerf bat. I had so many legendaries sitting on characters I will not play anymore.

Now who to give a 1k legendary to next...

I hope Ant Man is good. I'm going to wait still, especially if he's too good.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt SW is gonna get further nerfs, she's in line with recently released/reworked characters now. Doom is still the most OP hero around.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Poor Carnage, he's basically the Limp Bizkit of Marvel :(

That's a pretty apt analogy, and it also made me realize that Kaine is the Linkin Park.

He is crawling in his skin because no one cares about him at all except Drayco.

Calcium

Banned
I hope the gate they are implementing for CMM isn't too hard to clear. Normal Midtown is way too easy and the loot is dismal. I die quite a bit in CMM, but at least the challenge makes things interesting.

Ok, Ant-Man giveaway time!

Rules are simple, just reply to this post and mention the giveaway and I'll do a random draw once servers are up (if they come up shortly after this post, then I might wait an extra hour for some more entries). Please be courteous to your fellow Gaffers and don't enter if you have the AP2 purchased already. Good luck!

Baskcm

Rules are simple, just reply to this post and mention the giveaway and I'll do a random draw once servers are up (if they come up shortly after this post, then I might wait an extra hour for some more entries). Please be courteous to your fellow Gaffers and don't enter if you have the AP2 purchased already. Good luck!

ohhh wouldn't mind giving ant man a run even if visions so much fun

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I would like to win ant-man!

StMeph

In for Hank Scott.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Thanks for the giveaway!

I'd also like to enter the giveaway.

I would love to play with frost's tiny hero.

Xevren

I'll enter the giveaway, you rule Frost!

Also the movie was pretty dope, I really enjoyed it.

LuuKyK

Nice, maybe this is the excuse I've been waiting to come back to the game? I am in. Thanks for the giveaway anyway. :D

Edit: Game is patching btw (I think).

DrBo42

Awesome. Would love to get him.

Patch notes are up. Some secret achievement hints in there.

First Achievement Hint:

Stay awhile and listen. The wind blowing through the sand and leaves carries tales of mysteries and bounties that would stir any pirate’s curiosity.

Second Achievement Hint:

Smith, Goldblum & Pullman.

Third Achievement Hint:

Maple Syrup, Back Bacon & Poutine.

Ploid 3.0

Frostinferno giving away Antman! I'm casting my lots.

Edit: I wonder how good Emma's unique upgrades are. I hope they aren't just stopping at giving her upgraded uniques and actually help her out on ability tunes as well.

gazele

Banned
Patch notes are up. Some secret achievement hints in there.

So Diablo 3

Independence Day

and

Canada?

I'll enter too! Thanks!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they added a pirate thing in act 2 bucanuer beach with achievements, the diablo reference is related to that. probs need to be using deadpool maybe and stay a while a listen. heance the diablo reference too

deadpool also says the stay while and listen so you definatley need to use deadpool for this achievement

the guy who voices deckard cain is also a voice actor in the game probs need to listen to all his speech in an act maybe chapter 3 ? as deadpool

Anoregon

oh so what you are saying is you need to deadpool as deadpool when you deadpool the deadpool

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
second thoughts its odin event this week,

bucaner beach open x odin chests as deadpool

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
he seems boring as fuck so far to be honest ):

roll on kitty

Mulgrok

maple syrup, bacon, poutine

probably kill juggernaut as wolverine while wearing the maple leaf slot 2 unique and bacon pepper artifact

LuuKyK

Servers are up. The winner is LuuKyK! Congrats.

tumblr_mbhkbxr0zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

Thanks Frosty! :)

Volimar

What Legendary do people get for Doom? PC? Also, are the cosmic costume cores with the 1000 defense worth getting? I have all the doop recipes and the worldstones are burning a hole in my pocket. I guess I could save up for doop pet...

Whoops, nevermind I was way late to the party for that giveaway lol.

Anoregon

What Legendary do people get for Doom? PC? Also, are the cosmic costume cores with the 1000 defense worth getting? I have all the doop recipes and the worldstones are burning a hole in my pocket. I guess I could save up for doop pet...

Whoops, nevermind I was way late to the party for that giveaway lol.

PC is definitely good for most non-summon builds, but I think it might be eclipsed by some of the 1000 odinmark options for specific builds.

Volimar

PC is definitely good for most non-summon builds, but I think it might be eclipsed by some of the 1000 odinmark options for specific builds.

Yeah I wish there was a higher version of PC. So what if you're summoned build? Trident? Or just go with ol' gungnir?

Top Bottom