• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Played Ant-Man to 26 on live. Pretty fun. Survivability is meh. Slapped Lumeria relics and it got better but still popping med-kits pretty often. Having him with Wasp in companion mode makes for some good banter. I am now ready to watch the movie tomorrow.

I've been running Ant-Man to 30 last night. I'm enjoying him, he plays a bit like Squirrel Girl with more activity.

Also I prefer the Cosmic event going on instead. Was easily able to deck out Ant-Man with cosmics :p

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The one thing that is bugging (heh) me about Ant-man is how the red hots skill doesn't really have a visual, it seems weird to use.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My combined ice and bug pun literally killed this thread

Volimar

I wonder if that Thanos thing is a teaser.

Also, I've noticed that cosmics are a breeze to solo now. I use to die to enemies like Kurse and Doom at least once or twice a run, but now they're easy peasy. Maybe I just got better or have better gear now.

ARMOR event is up on the TC. Details:

1. You can complete a mission one per event to obtain Ultimate Upgrade Tokens.
The mission is given by Jocasta, the A.R.M.O.R. Operative.

2. A.R.M.O.R. Drives are obtained in a new way!
Instead of grinding the same boss endlessly, Intel powerup buffs will drop while you play in any game mode . You defeat the specified boss, and you’ll get a bunch of loot as well as 50 A.R.M.O.R. drives.

3. New things to buy with A.R.M.O.R. Drives
A.R.M.O.R. Research and Development has been hard at work and with the update to the event, we have added six new items to the A.R.M.O.R. vendor:

Howard The Duck's Big Freakin' Gun - A new slot 1 unique with a chance to deal a large amount of energy damage.
Portal's Darkhawk Armor - A new slot 3 unique from the Director of A.R.M.O.R himself!
Jocasta's Holographic Image Inducer - A new slot 5 unique with a chance to create a holographic Jocasta that will taunt enemies.
A.R.M.O.R. Issued Nano-Poison - A new artifact that infects your enemies with a deadly Nano-Poison.
A.R.M.O.R. Supercharged Power Cell - A new artifact with a proc ability to increase you and your allies attack speed.
A.R.M.O.R Dimensional Power Portal Generator - A new artifact with a cooldown ability that places a dimensional portal beneath you that increases you and your allies critical rating when they stand in it.

You can now also purchase random Challenge Bonus tokens!

Cosmic Trial is in

P9O2dIA.png

The new items

Slot 1:
9CS2zOe.png

Slot 3:
YWTN8gh.png

Slot 5:
y2i1i7M.png

4zKClDn.png

eCThXzl.png

PwNVdsh.png

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
why did the armor event take so long when its just a reskinned clover buff ?

if it takes 5 months to do that i worry for chatper 10

Volimar

Loading screens are crazy long for me and a bunch of other people since the patch. Keep getting disconnects when trying to go to a hub too. Ryolnir said

Our engineers worked today on building a client-only patch (no downtime) and will be testing it tomorrow morning. If that's good to go, we'll put it live tomorrow ASAP. We'll keep you updated on the progress.

So hopefully that helps.

why did the armor event take so long when its just a reskinned clover buff ?

if it takes 5 months to do that i worry for chatper 10

You always worry for chapter 10.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Loading screens are crazy long for me and a bunch of other people since the patch. Keep getting disconnects when trying to go to a hub too. Ryolnir said

So hopefully that helps.

You always worry for chapter 10.

i honestly didnt find doomsaw's post again and requote him with that msg i just posted, honest.

in other news junglequeen agreed with my crazy ran other day about how their needs to be an off topic section. i havent heard back from support yet regarding my threads getting closed though

Anoregon

It kind of seems like a "pick your battles" situation. I mean sure they should probably have an OT, but it doesn't really seem like something important enough to put much effort into.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Well no shit it is most of the stuff is just reshashing stuff cough limbo.

Still not hopefull for danger room itll just be a glorified terminal

Anoregon

Well no shit it is most of the stuff is just reshashing stuff cough limbo.

Still not hopefull for danger room itll just be a glorified terminal

I'm hopeful for Danger Room, from the spoiler stuff they showed a while ago at least it looks like they are heading in the right direction.

Desaan

Put people in a cardboard box with a ton of shit to kill and they'll still play it. I just hope any new content is something different to what's already available. Last thing we need is another terminal/holo sim.

Indignate

What's even better is that if you ever log into Marvel Heroes from Steam, your account gets tagged as a steam account so even if you avoid using Steam after the fact, Valve still gets a cut.

Best contract.

Finally got around to putting some good time into Ant-Man and man, what the heck happened here? Did no one give any feedback about him while he was on the TC?

- Using his resource isn't engaging at all.
- Lackluster cooldowns (low damage all around).
- His spirit spender is his basic attack, but faster. Seriously?
- Ability bloat.

Shelved until further notice.

"Gotta get it out in time for the movie this time guys. We'll fix it later."

What makes it more odd is that it has been six weeks since Doom's release, and on top of that Cable's 52 Review was pushed back. That's a lot of time for focused Ant-Man developing/testing and they still churn out an unfinished product.

Dec

Honestly I enjoy him quite a lot and he feels quite strong.

Problems are that inch-high goodbye and red hots are shit to use and he has important skills in all 3 trees and his uniques don't cover them well so many (or all I haven't done the math) of his skills can't hit 50.

I expect all three problems to at least be addressed in the next week or two, whether those changes will completely fix the issues or not I feel like he will only get better from here.

Volimar

Been leveling some of my lower level characters lately. Really like the Punisher changes since his review. Nightcrawler, though squishy and not very efficient at taking down large groups otherwise feels like cheating. I can literally walk up to a boss, almost any boss, press my hotkey for Brimstone Beatdown and just watch as he (slowly) takes down the boss fairly effortlessly. I don't even have to stop holding the hotkey if I need to use a medkit from something like poison cloud, and since I have a "health/spirit regen on medkit use" core there's nothing to prevent me from just using that one hotkey until the boss is dead.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Weird how he has so many passive something they were moving from

Red hots doesnr really have a good visual.

Was def rushed out he had lots off feedback.

Baring doom n iceman this year has been shit sorry iron fist n kitty i have no hope for u

60'ed Ant-Man this arvo, will probably wait for the inevitable tweaks and tuning before I settle on a final build, but I really enjoyed him to 60. One of the most fun characters in a while IMO.

Love that Ultimate, it's gorgeous.

Damn Gaz hiding those Pym/Ant pets behind the random chance paywall though :(

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
lol dem hacks

pym boxes got live tuned after first patch due to bugs . odin pots and eternity splinter pots were broke too. i brought 10 boxes before they turned off the boxes. so contacted support and they gave me another 10

dem bugs.

yellow orbs bugged pre 60 bronx yellow orbs from samples give between 50 - 60 around 1.8 mil. so at level 20 the orbs are insane too

the chests from sample the xp is like 8 mil

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
people calling the doom nerfs seem to have missed an outlier because range vision is getting ttk's of around 4:25 on the high hp dummy too

they was giving 80million on patch day lol

Dec

So hey if you ever fuck with Marvel Heroes or shit has gone wrong with it at some point causing crashes, go to Marvel Heroes install directory > UnrealEngine3 > Binaries > Win64/32

and delete all the .dmp files.

31Gb of error dumps hiding on my SSD I just found lol.

Top Bottom