• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
So hey if you ever fuck with Marvel Heroes or shit has gone wrong with it at some point causing crashes, go to Marvel Heroes install directory > UnrealEngine3 > Binaries > Win64/32

and delete all the .dmp files.

31Gb of error dumps hiding on my SSD I just found lol.

probs something evey unreal 3 game does then

Desaan

From what I understand those orbs aren't a bug either, at least whilst leveling. The revamped story mode and one shots where supposed to make it faster to level but those orbs where translating to broken yellow orbs @60 resulting in patch day omega leveling madness. A shame they disabled/broke them @60, getting 3 omegas an Odin's Palace run was OpieOP.

I don't believe the yellow orbs are supposed to give that much XP. They give like 10 times the XP of green orbs in the same zone. In Midtown every group of mobs drops a pile of yellow orbs that give massive amounts of XP lol. And I got so many Omega points too.
The only place where they seem to give the correct XP is the the event quests in ICP. You know, rescue the hostages, etc., where if you have rescued one and someone else rescues another, the XP orbs drop for you? Those give amounts I'd expect.

Also apparently the level 60 zones drop a lot lower XP, too.

Either way, beyond Ant-Man I knocked out Nova, Cable, Black Panther, She-Hulk and Nightcrawler to 60. Huzzah. I will try to get a lot of characters done until they fix the yellow orbs.

Calcium

Banned
My Cyclops is 55 now. So damn close to finishing. Up next for me is either Rocket Raccoon or Magneto. I'm interested to see how different leveling is now.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
from what i can gather the yellow orbs pre 60 each one is basically a legendary quest orb

Drayco21

This is making me wish we got that Solo Midtown when they initially promised it; playing Midtown feels like watching a bad slideshow normally, but playing it and then not getting any bonus XP because by the time I can actually stutter across the map to the boss, the event is already over.

Gonna go watch Ant-Man; hopefully a shut down will give me slightly better performance when I get back.

The bosses don't give the massive XP, they drop green orbs. It's only worth doing the bosses when the Odin Bounty is on Midtown. Otherwise just doing mob waves, and even the random muggers and maggia dudes threatening civilians is a better XP source than the bosses.

At least, currently.

So am I.
Man I'm missing so many cool pets. I'm still so massively sour over being 15 broken retcon pots short for the raptor pet, and that's only because I used them without any regard for it once Gaz announced they'd scrap them. :/

I had 10 left over after I got the Raptor Pet :)

The paywall ones suck though. Just chuck them in the store Gaz!

EDIT: Did I miss a note somewhere about Team-Ups getting more XP now/the requirements being less for each level?

Seemed like my new Iron Man team-up rocketed to 45 this weekend. XP bug aside, it's felt loads quicker.

I had 10 left over after I got the Raptor Pet :)

The paywall ones suck though. Just chuck them in the store Gaz!

I've been so torn over whether or not I should send support a message, or maybe try to get in touch with Doomsaw or Ryolnir. I've been very casual about using Retcons and didn't specifically try to get any more after they announced the retirement - if I had known in advance that the pet costs 100 retcons, I would've kept enough to buy it.

EDIT: Did I miss a note somewhere about Team-Ups getting more XP now/the requirements being less for each level?

Seemed like my new Iron Man team-up rocketed to 45 this weekend. XP bug aside, it's felt loads quicker.

I noticed that too. My Coulson had been in the mid-50s forever beforehand and he was on every single character up until recently, but I leveled Groot up from like 10 to 59 (!) today (doing the Groot Samaritan achievement, then I'll probably go back to Son of Coul).

Though the XP bug definitely has been part of it.

I've been so torn over whether or not I should send support a message, or maybe try to get in touch with Doomsaw or Ryolnir. I've been very casual about using Retcons and didn't specifically try to get any more after they announced the retirement - if I had known in advance that the pet costs 100 retcons, I would've kept enough to buy it.

I was just lucky, had enough sitting there. I'd have been pretty annoyed like you though if I'd been a handful short.

I noticed that too. My Coulson had been in the mid-50s forever beforehand and he was on every single character up until recently, but I leveled Groot up from like 10 to 59 (!) today (doing the Groot Samaritan achievement, then I'll probably go back to Son of Coul).

Though the XP bug definitely has been part of it.

Haha that's crazy.

The thing is, I've run Angel with my Scarlet since the Team-Up review, even used a couple of those gift pots on Angel, and he's 45 or 46 from memory. I use Scarlet for pretty much everything; Dailies, events, Weeklies, all end-game content etc.

And yet one run of Ant-Man from 1-60 and Iron Man Team-Up is level 45 too, there must be some tuning there.

mileS

logged on and blindly got Ant Man with splinters. Get 4 levels in and feel like it was a mistake already. Ohhhh well :/

I'm not gonna lie, though, I'm really enjoying that the team-ups get more XP now too. Makes it much easier to switch to a team-up you hadn't used before because now you can easily get them a few levels to the point of them being actually useful.

Beforehand I always was reluctant to use anyone but Coulson particularly because they all were level 1, and why use a level 1 team-up if I could use a level 50+ Coulson who'd pull his weight a lot more? :p

logged on and blindly got Ant Man with splinters. Get 4 levels in and feel like it was a mistake already. Ohhhh well :/

How can you determine whether you like a character or not by playing only 4 levels? For me that's like clearing the Queens tutorial area, and at worst like the first few rooms of the Raft, lol. I can't really assess a character before level 20ish.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

No character feels good 4 levels in. Ant Man in particular needs some high level spells for his proper rotation.

He's far from amazing but he's ok. Much better than Shulkie and Winter Soldier I think (except that he gets blown up like he's made of glass in cosmic patrols but that's a dodge hero problem in general)

I'm not gonna lie, though, I'm really enjoying that the team-ups get more XP now too. Makes it much easier to switch to a team-up you hadn't used before because now you can easily get them a few levels to the point of them being actually useful.

Beforehand I always was reluctant to use anyone but Coulson particularly because they all were level 1, and why use a level 1 team-up if I could use a level 50+ Coulson who'd pull his weight a lot more? :p

I pretty much used a pot on each Team-Up at the start of the review, so most of my Team-Ups are 25 at least, but I still have a fair few that are level 1.

Going to put my level 1 Wasp on Ant-Man tonight and see what the XP gain is like in 60 content.

mileS

Oh I didn't mean to make it sound like I actually gave him a fair chance lol. Sorry about that. I understand I can't judge it anywhere near that early in the game but I didn't like what I played at all. What put me off the most was the extra resource. Didn't like the way that was handled.

Volimar

Wow, Midtown is awful right now with Odin's Bounty. If you're not lucky enough to be withing 3-4 screens when the bosses spawn, you might as well forget about it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wow, Midtown is awful right now with Odin's Bounty. If you're not lucky enough to be withing 3-4 screens when the bosses spawn, you might as well forget about it.

Because there's so many people there? That's always the case with midtown on Mondays with extra loot boxes involved

ElRenoRaven

Yup. They have killed zee orbz. Social is full of one crybaby saying they should roll everyone back to before the weekend started and everyone telling them that they will never do that.

Rhaknar

Yup. They have killed zee orbz. Social is full of one crybaby saying they should roll everyone back to before the weekend started and everyone telling them that they will never do that.

Who even cares how fast you level a hero these days anyway. They should just come lvl 60 if you owned x number of 60s already tbh

ElRenoRaven

Who even cares how fast you level a hero these days anyway. They should just come lvl 60 if you owned x number of 60s already tbh

LOL. I dunno. I like leveling them. In fact they're all 60 and Iron Man is Cosmic 60 now. Just prestiged Deadpool for the first time tonight just right before the Yellow Orbs got murdered again. lol

Drayco21

OP orbs have been turned off.

FJKstMP.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Rofl at people wanting a weekend rollback just for fast leveling. Stay mad, nerds.

Just got King Thor from the the blender. Don't know whether to replace the destroyer Thor I was already using but it is very nice.

It did make me try Thor again though. Damn he's a lot better than I remember. Have they touched him since his rework?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
their swear filter doesnt work for british words on forum either lol

you do realise the devs play the game as much as we do right. they live tuned thse off on friday and somehow they turned back on over weekend so they knew the problem before i made this thread anyway. i probs done the community a favor by posting it here so they can actually use it before they turned it off again.

its amazing at how so many people are ranting over this xp bug when they give us insane server buffs nearlly every week anyway and insane events like big 10. most veterans will get a hero to 60 in under an hour.

cry more wanker

lool

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
oi m9 u avin a bubble? Come on bruv ill dek ur ed in sware on me mum

Top Bottom