• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

WdbLYkF.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have a totally nondescript American accent so sadly there is no version of that meme for me. My british friend in college did always enjoy how we pronounce "parmesan" (well, really "parmigiana") though.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
OP orbs have been turned off.

Ah, damn. I was hoping to take Daredevil to 60 today. Oh well.

I knocked off Ant Man in one day with those badass orbs. I am sure something like that would cut into the boost sales, so they had to jump right on it. I was going to use it to finish up Wolverine. I have him at 38, but couldn't really torture myself in going 22 more levels with him.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIEV YELLOW ORBS ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Calcium

Banned
I'm looking at some builds to see if I can get more out of Nightcrawler and the attributes values shown on the site are much, much higher than mine. Am I missing something? The build I'm looking at has 24 Fighting and I only have 7. How do I increase this? I know about the Challenge bonuses, but that doesn't seem to explain such a big difference.

Indignate

I'm looking at some builds to see if I can get more out of Nightcrawler and the attributes values shown on the site are much, much higher than mine. Am I missing something? The build I'm looking at has 24 Fighting and I only have 7. How do I increase this? I know about the Challenge bonuses, but that doesn't seem to explain such a big difference.

A pets +3, equipment can have +fighting naturally, omega system.

Calcium

Banned
I have enough uniques lying around to reroll my Unique cybernetic twice. It's going to be something useless, I know it.

Also, I have over 400 Eternity Splinters! Huzzah! I can start thinking about buying a new hero.

Anoregon

Also looks like they might start adding more stat boosts like that to hero synergies, as Ant-Man having +1 Strength suggests.

Yeah I would expect them to eventually have a +1 synergy for everything.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
TprpwoP.jpg

The entire team is currently hard at work on this weeks patch, which mainly contains:

A list of changes, iteration and additions for the upcoming A.R.M.O.R. Incursion event.

Bug fixes for all reported issues so far. (in progress)

Jean Grey tuning and Unique review. (No ETA on costume questions yet)

Cosmic Entry Gate tuning and iteration.

Not enough black on that Carnage. Also they reused the stupid out of place tendril animation that Toxin had. At least put some effort into making it blend with the costume -_-

They've done an awful job translating symbiotes into this game. Carnage's textures should be more like this:

Not enough black on that Carnage. Also they reused the stupid out of place tendril animation that Toxin had. At least put some effort into making it blend with the costume -_-

They've done an awful job translating symbiotes into this game. Carnage's textures should be more like this:

Yea that is beautiful, the carnage they have looks too light.

Anoregon

The fact that a gaz employee thinks it's a good idea should cement that it is in fact a bad one.

Making a popular character playable in a game where people can buy characters is probably a pretty good move for gaz.

I'd take 30 X-Men characters over Carnage being playable.
I'd take non-Marvel characters over Carnage being playable. Bring on Darth Vader, Batman and Princess Elsa from Frozen.

I don't want him playable, but at least Carnage could work to add another proper Summoner to the game.

Nick Fury is supposed to be a proper summoner (Doomsaw said he's going to be based on Diablo 2's Necromancer). I'd rather have Nick Fury than Carnage.
I'd rather have Diablo 2 Necromancer than Carnage.
I'd rather have Houdini summoning doves out of top hats than Carnage.
I'd rather have kepow's mom summoning us to dinner than Carnage.

Dec

How can anything be worse than this years roster, bring on Carnage. If it wasn't for Danger Room and Iron Fist I don't even know...

Anoregon

Nick Fury is supposed to be a proper summoner (Doomsaw said he's going to be based on Diablo 2's Necromancer). I'd rather have Nick Fury than Carnage.
I'd rather have Diablo 2 Necromancer than Carnage.
I'd rather have Houdini summoning doves out of top hats than Carnage.
I'd rather have kepow's mom summoning us to dinner than Carnage.

yeah but it doesn't matter what you want

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's funny how angry people get at characters they don't like being in games (any genre really). I can only assume it's because they think they are "stealing a spot" when in reality that's not how it works at all. Your niche ass favorite character wasn't magically going to be included even if that guy you loathe wasn't in the game.

It's funny how angry people get at characters they don't like being in games (any genre really). I can only assume it's because they think they are "stealing a spot" when in reality that's not how it works at all. Your niche ass favorite character wasn't magically going to be included even if that guy you loathe wasn't in the game.

Nothing you've said here is wrong, but when aside from his introduction has Carnage ever been popular? (I'm legitimately asking. Was he in one of those Marvel vs Capcom games I don't care about?) I remember him being a a thing when the Maximum Carnage game came out on Genesis in the 90s and since then he's always been kind of a Spider-man universe also-ran.

Magik is also a head-scratcher to me. Has she ever been popular? (Again I don't really know. New Mutants never seemed to light up my radar when it was being published and I can't remember her being in any other form of media). My feeling was she wasn't even a "fan-favorite" at any time. Yet a character like Bishop who was on a main X-Men team during the height of their popularity and would have a cool powerset hasn't even been hinted at.

I think there is a difference between what is popular and what the mouth-breathers who actually frequent official game forums (Sorry Queen: I'm sure you breathe through both your mouth and nose) want. That being said those people are really the only people who put a lot of money into the game so you might as well pander to them. I understand why Gaz does what they do, but that doesn't mean I have to love it.

Drayco21

Nothing you've said here is wrong, but when aside from his introduction has Carnage ever been popular? (I'm legitimately asking. Was he in one of those Marvel vs Capcom games I don't care about?) I remember him being a a thing when the Maximum Carnage game came out on Genesis in the 90s and since then he's always been kind of a Spider-man universe also-ran.

People that don't read comics fucking love Carnage. People still constantly ask for him to show up in the movies, and his action figures are consistently the fastest selling out. I don't understand where the appeal for edgier venom comes from, but it's still pretty prevalent.

People that don't read comics fucking love Carnage. People still constantly ask for him to show up in the movies, and his action figures are consistently the fastest selling out. I don't understand where the appeal for edgier venom comes from, but it's still pretty prevalent.

It's just weird. That seems so 90s to me. Carnage has more or less been irrelevant for the past 20 years.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Magik is also a head-scratcher to me. Has she ever been popular? (Again I don't really know. New Mutants never seemed to light up my radar when it was being published and I can't remember her being in any other form of media). My feeling was she wasn't even a "fan-favorite" at any time. Yet a character like Bishop who was on a main X-Men team during the height of their popularity and would have a cool powerset hasn't even been hinted at.

I think there is a difference between what is popular and what the mouth-breathers who actually frequent official game forums (Sorry Queen: I'm sure you breathe through both your mouth and nose) want. That being said those people are really the only people who put a lot of money into the game so you might as well pander to them. I understand why Gaz does what they do, but that doesn't mean I have to love it.

Carnage and Venom will forever be popular there's no way around it.

Magik I think it's more of a recent thing, probably mostly since her slutty goth look (aka the Sylvanas syndrome) on Bendis' Uncanny X-men (which to be fair has been going for like...2 years now or more, so before the game was out). That's the cynic in me talking of course, hell I only like her because of bachalo, I was never a big new mutants guy. And gameplay wise I want her because I love summoners.

But like I said I wasn't even singling out marvel, I've seen the same recently with fighting games and mobas

Manbig

Carnage and Venom will forever be popular there's no way around it.

Magik I think it's more of a recent thing, probably mostly since her slutty goth look (aka the Sylvanas syndrome) on Bendis' Uncanny X-men (which to be fair has been going for like...2 years now or more, so before the game was out). That's the cynic in me talking of course, hell I only like her because of bachalo, I was never a big new mutants guy. And gameplay wise I want her because I love summoners.

But like I said I wasn't even singling out marvel, I've seen the same recently with fighting games and mobas

As far as fighting games go, people don't like it when they spend a ton of time learning one character, only to lose said character in the next iteration. It becomes especially obnoxious when that missing character space is filled up with a terrible design (Tekken 7: Lucky Chloe). The obnoxiousness goes to yet another level when the character that you wanted to see has his/her movelist jacked by another character with equally awful design just so the company can declare it as a "new" character (Tekken 7: Gigas, Josie).

Hey, I get that some people can be way too over the top with roster discussion, but let's not act like they never have a legitimate reason to be annoyed.

Rhaknar

As far as fighting games go, people don't like it when they spend a ton of time learning one character, only to lose said character in the next iteration. It becomes especially obnoxious when that missing character space is filled up with a terrible design (Tekken 7: Lucky Chloe). The obnoxiousness goes to yet another level when the character that you wanted to see has his/her movelist jacked by another character with equally awful design just so the company can declare it as a "new" character (Tekken 7: Gigas, Josie).

Hey, I get that some people can be way too over the top with roster discussion, but let's not act like they never have a legitimate reason to be annoyed.

"I don't like Necallis' look, I'm angry fuck Capcom should have been Blanka rawr"

Rhaknar

Well now you're just the one being obnoxious here.

I was kidding but I actually saw that exact type of post when he was revealed so...

I understand being upset that someone you want not being in, but being angry that someone you don't like is in always felt incredibly self centered, what does it hurt you if that character is in, don't like it don't play it, there's many more to choose from.

Manbig

I was kidding but I actually saw that exact type of post when he was revealed so...

I understand being upset that someone you want not being in, but being angry that someone you don't like is in always felt incredibly self centered, what does it hurt you if that character is in, don't like it don't play it, there's many more to choose from.

Well the don't like it don't play it stance is sort of what I'm going with for Tekken 7. I'm playing it, but I won't be buying it unless Marduk makes it into the final roster. I haven't exactly been crying 24/7 on internet forums about it though. I feel ya on the people going overboard with it.

Indignate

Oh yeah, feed that hate.

Does Carnage get power from hate? I don't even know cuz what a shit ass character he is but HATE HIM MORE!
mayatomr_laugh.gif

Carnage is dumb. He is truly a symptom of the 90's cartoon syndrome that people like to hit Gambit with all the time. I know this phenomenon exist cuz the only reason why I like Gambit is because of the 90's cartoon. Other characters should be in the game before him, but like watevs I'll still have fun playing him or any character I don't like unless Gaz fucks up somewhere cuz half the fun of this game is playing with the new kits and seeing how these characters get implemented. Like this game already has Deadpool, they could really add anyone else at this point since the well is already tainted. I don't actually get any glee from people being mad at it just a lot of facepalming which is pretty good too
facepalm.gif

I think there is a difference between what is popular and what the mouth-breathers who actually frequent official game forums (Sorry Queen: I'm sure you breathe through both your mouth and nose) want.

I don't want to have to pull out my dictionary on the word popular for you.

Magik I think it's more of a recent thing, probably mostly since her slutty goth look

Stop doing this.

Well the don't like it don't play it stance is sort of what I'm going with for Tekken 7. I'm playing it, but I won't be buying it unless Marduk makes it into the final roster. I haven't exactly been crying 24/7 on internet forums about it though. I feel ya on the people going overboard with it.

This I find really weird unless you're just fan following a character and don't actually like playing Tekken.

I wouldn't blame you cuz 3D fighters suck.

Gigas? Seems to play a lot like Marduk. Bane Marduk.

This I find really weird unless you're just fan following a character and don't actually like playing Tekken.

I wouldn't blame you cuz 3D fighters suck.

At a certain point it's less about liking a game and more about enjoying beating others.

Top Bottom