• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Manbig

This I find really weird unless you're just fan following a character and don't actually like playing Tekken.

I wouldn't blame you cuz 3D fighters suck.

I haven't liked the direction that Tekken has been going in ever since the introduction of Lili in DR. Marduk was the only real reason that I kept playing beyond that. Tekken 7 has been a small step in the right direction for me as far as gameplay goes, but that's not enough for me to want to support the series without Marduk in it.

Gigas? Seems to play a lot like Marduk. Bane Marduk.

He actually plays very different from Marduk. They just copy and pasted a shitload of Marduk animations on him. I'm pretty salty about it.

People don't side-step in real life.

Legitimately can't tell if you're just messing around here, but in combat sports, they sure do.

How can anything be worse than this years roster, bring on Carnage. If it wasn't for Danger Room and Iron Fist I don't even know...

This year's roster is absolutely fantastic in my eyes. I mean, this is purely for the choice of characters, not how they play, since you know, those you are looking forward to might end up playing like ass too.

Either way, so far we got:
- Winter Soldier, who was pretty much done to be a (late) tie-in into Cap 2. He isn't exciting, but he's okay I guess. Probably the most disappointing character on the roster (unless the second secret hero is gonna be trash).
- Iceman, who is one of the founding members of the X-Men. I don't care much for him, but he was still a valid and important addition.
- She-Hulk, who is a mainstay Avenger and also was in the Fantastic Four for a while. She's one of the most important female characters in the Marvel Universe.
- Vision, who has been a mainstay Avenger in forever, and was also a tie-in into Age of Ultron. He was a really massively important addition, and is really popular with people who care about the Avengers (as in, the team not the film).
- Doctor Doom, who is one of the best Marvel villains to ever exist. He is amazingly awesome.
- Ant-Man, who is a tie-in into the movie. Pym has been a founder of the Avengers and Scott Lang has been a mainstay member ever since he had signed on, as well. Both Ant-Men are solid additions to the roster.

And we're going to get:
- Black Cat, one of Spider-Man's most important female supporting/villain characters, and generally fairly popular within his universe's fans. I really don't understand the hate for her that you guys are giving her.
- Blade, one of the most iconic characters from the supernatural corner of Marvel, and the third to complete the triumvirate of popular magic characters (him, Strange and Ghost Rider). I don't expect any additional supernatural characters for a long time now that he is in.
- Iron Fist, who is going to get a show soon and is one of the more popular B-listers.
- Kitty Pryde, one of the biggest X-Men characters and women.
- War Machine, one of Iron Man's longest standing support characters, and a mainstay on the West Coast Avengers. He also got plenty of exposure in the films.

And of course the second unannounced hero, but we don't know who that is, and apparently the community will pick Magik anyway, so eh.

Either way, all of those characters, yes including Winter Soldier and Black Cat, are a lot more important and significant than Carnage. Both Winter Soldier and Felicia Hardy (albeit not yet Black Cat) appeared in related films (and Black Cat also was supposed to appear in Raimi's Spider-Man 2 and 4). Black Cat also appeared in every Spider-Man cartoon except for Ultimate since her introduction to the books in 1979.

There's a lot more important characters to add to make this game better, but Carnage fans are super vocal and constantly cry about Carnage. They're almost as bad as Gambit or Rogue fans in that regard.

And also, while my own most wanted characters are fairly obscure, you will not see me cry for them at every given opportunity. I'd rather just have important characters first before making a one-dimensional second rate villain playable.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Gaz should create a patch devoted to Carnage. Release him as a hero,teamup,raid boss and have little Carnage tokens drop that you can trade in for a mini pet Carnage just so I could enjoy all the salty reactions.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is Black cat going to be the weakest hero in the game so far, from an actual like comic power standpoint? I don't know shit about her, but isn't she pretty much a totally regular human chick who I guess is a good thief? It's not like she has black widow level training/enhancements, at least that I am aware of.

I know it doesn't actually matter from a gameplay perspective but it's funny to think of going toe to toe with Kurse or whoever.

I don't know about her status right now because she'd been depowered before, but she used to have the ability of luck manipulation, which I am fairly certain is going to be an aspect in her in-game kit. She's also had peak physical and martial arts training like most powerless fighters, and received some tech-upgrades from the Tinkerer and a minor villain named Doctor Tramma.

Power level-wise, I'd actually argue that Rocket Raccoon is the weakest one, since he's literally just a smart raccoon. His power comes from the weapons he has access to. In a way, this also applies to Iron Man, really.

Black cat had luck manipulation as recently as the reboot of amazing spider-man after superior spider-man ended. Luck manipulation is insanely op when you think about it. But she's also super rich and has access to some tech. The biggest problem is that she's a thief and doesn't actually fight people real often.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Her most substantial power is a skin-tight black suit over a ridiculously rockin bod, but that is a power possessed by a large portion of female comic book characters.

The biggest problem is that she's a thief and doesn't actually fight people real often.

More or less. The whole reason she became a martial artist was because she got abused by her then boyfriend, and she became a thief because of her father's legacy. But she's fought plenty of people before, and is a skilled martial artist. I mean, she's gone toe to toe with Spider-Man before, and has fought various villains as well, such as Sabretooth, Doctor Octopus, and Scorpion, among others.
I also remember her turning down an offer to join the Avengers, so it's not like she is totally small time, either.

Obviously she's never been big league on cosmic proportions, but she's not just a gal in a sexy bodysuit.

More or less. The whole reason she became a martial artist was because she got abused by her then boyfriend, and she became a thief because of her father's legacy. But she's fought plenty of people before, and is a skilled martial artist. I mean, she's gone toe to toe with Spider-Man before, and has fought various villains as well, such as Sabretooth, Doctor Octopus, and Scorpion, among others.
I also remember her turning down an offer to join the Avengers, so it's not like she is totally small time, either.

Obviously she's never been big league on cosmic proportions, but she's not just a gal in a sexy bodysuit.
To be fair the sexy bodysuit is what lets her go toe to toe with people like sabretooth since it was made by the tinkerer and gives her super strength and agility.

To be fair the sexy bodysuit is what lets her go toe to toe with people like sabretooth since it was made by the tinkerer and gives her super strength and agility.

True, but many people use an enhanced suit or armor to increase their strength. Iron Man couldn't do anything without his armor, Black Cat could easily wipe him out. Probably even Rhodes.

Anoregon

But Tony is a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist!

My problem isn't that Carnage is a murderer or evil (I have nothing against playable baddies in Marvel Heroes), it's that he's a trash character and beyond "Carnage is a murderer", there's no further substance to him.

On another note, the DVD I ordered arrived today. A real treat. Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD. Starring David Hasselhoff.

My problem isn't that Carnage is a murderer or evil (I have nothing against playable baddies in Marvel Heroes), it's that he's a trash character and beyond "Carnage is a murderer", there's no further substance to him.

On another note, the DVD I ordered arrived today. A real treat. Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD. Starring David Hasselhoff.

It's terrible. Enjoy!

There's a lot more important characters to add to make this game better, but Carnage fans are super vocal and constantly cry about Carnage. They're almost as bad as Gambit or Rogue fans in that regard.

This is just wrong. In all the Carnage topics you see on the MH forums the Carnage fans are generally the relaxed ones merely stating it would be cool to have him in. The tears are coming from all the people whose existences will lose all meaning if he becomes playable.

This is just wrong. In all the Carnage topics you see on the MH forums the Carnage fans are generally the relaxed ones merely stating it would be cool to have him in. The tears are coming from all the people whose existences will lose all meaning if he becomes playable.

Maybe I'm seeing different topics than you, but all I'm seeing is - even in unrelated topics - people constantly posting "Gaz, gib Carnage".

aborath

Neo Member
And we're going to get:

- Kitty Pryde, one of the biggest X-Men characters and women.

Oh man, one of my favorite characters from the Marvel universe. Day 1 purchase. I'm anxious to see how they'll do her phasing; possibly similar to Invisible Woman: lots of offensive usage with a toggle. Unfortunately, I don't think MH is the right theatre to really do her justice (would need something similar to Champions Online), but I'm anxious to see what Gaz does. Maybe she'll have a pet tree with Lockheed.

Oh man, one of my favorite characters from the Marvel universe. Day 1 purchase. I'm anxious to see how they'll do her phasing; possibly similar to Invisible Woman: lots of offensive usage with a toggle. Unfortunately, I don't think MH is the right theatre to really do her justice (would need something similar to Champions Online), but I'm anxious to see what Gaz does. Maybe she'll have a pet tree with Lockheed.

Just play like Juggernaut where she runs right through everything.

Her ultimate should be her phasing a giant space bullet through the earth.

Added new Red difficulty Midtown and Industry City Patrol modes that are un-gated and midway between normal Green and Cosmic versions of these zones.

Outta nowhere.

Also Howard the Duck Team Up confirmed:

OyYvzgU.png

Do we know what ARMOR Defender is yet?

Edit: Nevermind, just checked the ARMOR FAQ. Man, we'll have to wait until ARMOR events come and go 5 times? That's almost as bad as grinding for Coulson or Doop pet (speaking of which, I'm so close to getting that one!!).

Do we know what ARMOR Defender is yet?

Edit: Nevermind, just checked the ARMOR FAQ. Man, we'll have to wait until ARMOR events come and go 5 times? That's almost as bad as grinding for Coulson or Doop pet (speaking of which, I'm so close to getting that one!!).

I don't have a problem with that.

Guess they took the work they did for the playable version and dumped it into a Team-Up instead of finishing it. Hopefully they decide to finish it off next April.

I don't think they dumped any work they did on the playable version. And I believe Howard had been planned as pet or team-up for a while as well.
Tho it's likely they're using his model and some power ideas as team-up stuff, yeah.

Calcium

Banned
Just read they are adding Green and Red versions of the patrols. So, so glad they are adding this because Normal is pretty boring and Cosmic can be borderline frustrating at times. Glad to see a middle ground option available.

Anoregon

Jean got changes for days up on that TC, dag. She might not be a total chore to play anymore.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Added new Red difficulty Midtown and Industry City Patrol modes that are un-gated and midway between normal Green and Cosmic versions of these zones.

I like this. Red will be my new home.

Anoregon

Is Carnage playable yet? He is my favorite.

Top Bottom