• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Ploid 3.0

Omg about the vib ticket thing. Such a shame, they should at least get something from Gaz like, oh I don't know, 500,000 G points. Do the David Brevik G hax.

Yeah I agree, some little gift would be cool. Doesn't even have to be that many G, but just something. It'd be really disappointing to get the ticket and then not get anything at all.

They already said people who can't claim will get a bunch of goodies. I believe one of those who already found one but couldn't claim said they were happy with what they got.

Here's the post:

My girlfriend and I (Rukapie) got a ticket on Thursday US time. She's a Japanese citizen, I'm a US one living here for a while, the law didn't seem to cover allow us to get the prize.

Still she got so much stuff instead which is just awesome. We joked about getting the ticket for weeks, and put in a lot of hours together.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah I imagine they end up just making it rain G-store shit on you, like hundreds of dollars worth of boosts and costumes and whatever else.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I imagine they end up just making it rain G-store shit on you, like hundreds of dollars worth of boosts and costumes and whatever else.

no biggie for me i can make it rain on anyone anyway im sure frost inferno can vouch for me after the asgardian cards

Queen of Hunting truly is a queen. Probably of Burgundy, the Burgundian court was well-known for its glamour and glitz.
Also for throwing generous feasts for their friends. ;)

Prussia will rise again!

I doubt it. Prussia was a pretty artificially constructed country. Its name is based on an ancient Baltic tribe that no longer exists, it only formed because of the Teutonic Order falling apart and the Prussian cities installing the king of Poland as governor over Prussia within a personal union.
The German minorities in Poland, Lithuania and the Russian enclave around Kaliningrad are extremely small.

:p

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You will be the first against the wall!

Very nice quality of life change.

Toggle power state will now be persisted across logoff/logon and also when switching heroes. Example: X-23 stances, Iron Man’s suit enhancements, Psilocke’s Psi-Katana toggle and many more.

Ploid 3.0

I was chatting in the Skyforge game in the guild chat with other gaffers that play a lot of Marvel Heroes. I forgot to take down who was who. The chat in that game is so buggy and the text so small. Marvel Heroes seems to be quite popular.

I was chatting in the Skyforge game in the guild chat with other gaffers that play a lot of Marvel Heroes. I forgot to take down who was who. The chat in that game is so buggy and the text so small. Marvel Heroes seems to be quite popular.

Tell them to post in here so we can invite them!

Volimar

no biggie for me i can make it rain on anyone anyway im sure frost inferno can vouch for me after the asgardian cards

I can vouch. The asgardian cards are on sale and I could buy one with my 50G but thanks to Queen I already got the King Thor team up and the bifrost visual artifact (which looks great on Ms. M btw) so like, there's nothing in there I REALLY want. Guess I'll hold on to my measly 50 for some future use.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
dat taskmaster unique update

CkSGnZ2.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
jean grey is getting shafted again, they are changing around how she plays giving her 3 spec options etc, but have also updated her uniques but because of the new skill changes people cant exactly give loads of feedback on the uniques. would have made sense to do her uniques a week later or something

Volimar

jean grey is getting shafted again, they are changing around how she plays giving her 3 spec options etc, but have also updated her uniques but because of the new skill changes people cant exactly give loads of feedback on the uniques. would have made sense to do her uniques a week later or something

Gaz on #teamemmafrost confirmed.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Gaz on #teamemmafrost confirmed.

kinder sad how she also got shafted right after her review last year too

also red midtown/icp just seems like a terribad idea.

basically green midtown will be empty so a waste of space, and its just gonna spread players out even more.

Green Midtown already is a waste of space. Maybe this will force them to realize something needs to fundamentally be done to the zone to make it interesting outside of just better drops.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Honestly I'm surprised people are still doing Midtown, ICP is practically the same thing but 100 times better and more fun.

It also has boxes permanently and midtown only has them on Mondays.

...someone explain that again?

Anoregon

Ya the Taskmaster items look pretty cool. He still needs a bit of skill work but he'll definitely be doing a bit better.

Waffling between Doctor Strange and Ant-Man, thoughts? Ant-Man looks fun but Strange is one of my favorites.

Since you got contradicting answers, let me try to tell you more about the characters to you, perhaps that'll help you make a decision. But first my own opinion - Dr. Strange is one of my favourite characters in the game, Ant-Man I found to be fairly fun, and in terms of strength (endgame-wise), they're both in the upper middle area - not the best ones, but certainly not dead weight either.

Dr. Strange is a very skill-heavy character, and he has rather poor single-target damage output, as most of his skills are AoEs with DoTs. His only-single target attacks iirc are basics, a generic projectile and a life leech spell. However, he also has a lot of utility, as he can buff, heal and clear CCs off of everybody in his vicinity, which is pretty great. He also has the ability to use mirror images to tank if there's no actual tank available. He additionally has offensive CC abilities such as immobilize, pulling nearby mobs into one area and slows Lastly, he's got a cooldown mechanic. Most of his spells are classified as "incantations", and have a fairly massive cooldown. Every time you use an incantation you get a point (which is also visually represented with some glowy orbs floating around Strange's body). Once you reach 5, the bar is full and if you cast the next incantation, it resets the cooldown of all the other incantations that are currently cooling down by I think 10 seconds.

Ant-Man is a pretty weird character. He's got a secondary resource (ants) which you can pretty much replenish with one ability, so I'm not entirely sure why it exists. Either way, his damage output is fairly solid, but he's really squishy (like most dodge-based heroes) and unlike Strange he doesn't have a way to heal himself to make up for that squishiness. Despite that I find him to be a bit more straight forward than Strange. He's more melee-based, and has a lot better single target damage, but he's also got some AoE/DoT stuff. And like Strange he can have an illusion to off-tank and has offensive CC. With Strange, the moves all soft-combine (pull people in with Flames of the Faltine, immobilize them with Crimson Bands, rain everything else on them), but with Ant-Man some of the moves are dependent on each other, and some of those moves are in different trees. For instance he has an uppercut, and when he uses that uppercut, the fist made of ants he can call does double the damage. So where you don't necessarily need to rotate in order with Strange, you pretty much are forced to with Ant-Man.

Personally, I find both to be pretty fun characters, but I prefer Strange over Ant-Man. I probably forgot something or made a mistake somewhere and Declarius will come and completely trashtalk me about it, so you might even get some more info.

Manbig

Ant-Man is very dull IMO. He's a pretty straightforward melee character with some unique visuals. No interesting mechanics, or particularly unique ways to utilize his ants resource.

Dr. Strange is a DoT and AoE stacking machine that rewards you being relatively quick on your feet and for using the right skill order at the right time.

Pretty easy choice I'd say.

Top Bottom