• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Bleh. I just finished the update download and got a message about download corruption from Steam as well.

Verifying files, I better not have to download the entire game again or something.

Wrong thread?

Edit: Also, oh babeh:
Shc6OvD.jpg

We should enforce this:

We should point, laugh and keep being awesome and stress-free

Btw, 10+ ultimate or 5k Omega? How does one cancel the other? I'd say Omega points are much more important.

Wow. They must be the most un-fun people in the world to play this game with. I guess this is much more than a game for some.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yesterday, Steam deleted 17 gigabytes from my Mordor download. I had to start over from scratch, which means I downloaded approximately 50 gigabytes for one game. The pain.

oh its not just me then, I thought my computer was acting up. I woke up earlier, turned off my computer and half my COD Ghosts download was gone (21gig of the 40), Evil Within was grayed out as if it was uninstalled, but that one didnt have to download anything, just a 1kb check I guess, and Marvle is completely gone, Im downloading it again now

Yesterday, Steam deleted 17 gigabytes from my Mordor download. I had to start over from scratch, which means I downloaded approximately 50 gigabytes for one game. The pain.

Yeah, a couple days ago Steam seemed to forget I had all 16.9 GB of Sleeping Dogs DE installed and just decided to re download the whole thing. Shits weird, man.

Started playing Storm again tonight after finishing purple prestige with Widow.
Storm is so sloooow now. I had a +3 Speed affix on my Iron Buddy, but I took him to the crafter to get something else (thinking a new stat would be re-rolled) and it just deleted the 8 Unique items I invested into that Iron Buddy and gave me no affix at all :'(
I have to wait until level 47 to use my favorite power with Storm too. Sometimes I wish all powers were unlocked by level 30, like in the good old days.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Nova ruins playing as anyone else because he's so fast. Even Spidey seemed slow by comparison and that shit can't be right.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Juggz' hands are seriously freaking me out. I don't think he's anything like that in the comix

Hands looked like that in really old comics, but he also had a huge lower body and his helmet was wider too. He was wider everywhere early on.

juggernaut.gif

Would you guys consider the Unstable Molecule creation recipe as being important to have?
All UM are used for really is the costume blender and levelling Unique items to 60, right?
I have the 200 Cube Shards for the recipe, but I was thinking of buying Fortune Cards with them instead.

Dec

Would you guys consider the Unstable Molecule creation recipe as being important to have?
All UM are used for really is the costume blender and levelling Unique items to 60, right?
I have the 200 Cube Shards for the recipe, but I was thinking of buying Fortune Cards with them instead.

I also use them for rerolling artifacts but even still I have plenty and don't run out. I probably wont ever buy the recipe unless they break the drop rate again.

Indignate

The cost to use it seems high. 10 cosmics and 500k, I believe.

Not only that, the drop for them doesn't feel that low enough to warrant it. I feel like I'm swimming in UMs.

I got the recipe a while back when it was first released. At the time they felt rare enough that it was worth it.

But since then the drop rate seems to have increased and things like the Midtown Cards have left me with two STASH slots full of them so I haven't used the recipe for ages and probably won't be using it again in the foreseeable.

Thanks guys. I think I'll skip that recipe. I currently have 35 on hand anyway.
Plus, I think I can buy one for 25 Splinters, if I ever get desperate.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Those wacky Ruskies dug up more stuff, here's the other Juggernaut costume's model, and they found power icons for a Brood Wolverine Team-Up.

looks good but was hoping for more yellow and less gold. still easy choice over the default

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Well the Great Ultron pet for the 100 day log in gift was a pretty nice surprise this morning. No more Iron Buddy or Old Lace for me.

Indignate

Logged on just to get my daily reward and decided to run Sinister real quick with my ultimate.

I kill him while forgetting to use my ultimate. I don't really feel like playing, but I force myself to do another run just to use that ulti.

Cuirass drops.

I die.

The end.

Got Nova to 60 yesterday. Geared him out with all the Bounty Hunter boxes and the Midtown Boxes that I'd saved from the last few weeks too.

Really enjoying him, though I'm still unsure which build I'll ultimately settle on. Everyone seems to be saying melee build is the big damage dealer, but I much prefer all the VFX, style and flair that he displays in a ranged build. I don't really have a Raid group either, so I mainly play MM/Terms/One-Shots, so I think I'll probably settle with the ranged build so I can have a bit more fun with him.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they changed eternity splinters so if you get a drop of more than 1 they arent in seperate piles but instead in one stack

KePoW

Banned
Logged on just to get my daily reward and decided to run Sinister real quick with my ultimate.

I kill him while forgetting to use my ultimate. I don't really feel like playing, but I force myself to do another run just to use that ulti.

Cuirass drops.

I die.

The end.

whoa awesome friend!! what's ur in-game name??

Carm

Grr. Here I was wondering how people were getting the 100 day log in pet early. Come to find out after going over my log in days, that I've never missed, I didn't get credit for July 26-30th. Yet I know I was on, because I can see account activity redeeming codes for boosts, random hero box and GotG team up/RR movie costume purchasing on those days. Tuesday is now 100 for me bleh. Heh, just noticed I have the 17th reward and 20th reward both listed as 7/31/14, all borked up.

Edit: I think I figured out this mess. the July 26th,28th are the ones missing. I have 3 dates listed as July 31st, 2014, only one correct. 27th and 29 and 30th were listed, just completely out of order. On top of that, the 1st reward being listed as 12/31/69 instead of 7/12/14. That last one, was pushed early for testing if I remember right.

Edit: Again, not really a big deal that I have to wait till Tuesday, I just don't like these unexpected bugs.

Edit: In regards to Nova, I didn't like how he felt while leveling with a melee build. I had intended to try ranged, but didn't like how it's dominated by the detonating crap too, and I don't like Cascading Bolt. So, ended up right back into another melee build, probably better than what I was using to level. They really need to fix Nova Punch. His version of rebound club/shield feels off as well, either from animation or something else, looks clunky.

Edit: Used costume blender on 3 costumes I've been hoarding waiting on Lady Thor. Decided to see if I could get lucky and get Lady Mandarin, maybe it would motivate me to play Psylocke more. Ended up getting House of M Nightcrawler, which I doubt I'll ever use, Classic>all.

Indignate

Grr. Here I was wondering how people were getting the 100 day log in pet early. Come to find out after going over my log in days, that I've never missed, I didn't get credit for July 26-30th. Yet I know I was on, because I can see account activity redeeming codes for boosts, random hero box and GotG team up/RR movie costume purchasing on those days. Tuesday is now 100 for me bleh.

We're you on during the day switch and maybe not re-log in again?

Only thing I can think of for those missing days.

Carm

Quick question about damage ratings, think I know the answer just want confirmation.

Say a hero is

Melee
Physical only

When looking at the stat page there are 3 ratings I'm looking at

Damage Rating

Physical Damage Rating

Melee Damage Rating

You would add those up additively instead of multi to get the true damage number right? Same for critical ratings? Hrm, now that I'm looking that probably isn't the case for Critical rating. To many stats in this game.

KePoW

Banned
You would add those up additively instead of multi to get the true damage number right? Same for critical ratings? Hrm, now that I'm looking that probably isn't the case for Critical rating. To many stats in this game.

No, you do not add those up

Carm

No, you do not add those up

Hrm, after googling after posting earlier, I found this, is it correct? If so, I just mistakenly added the generic damage rating twice?

What I know so far is your total rating is (physical, energy, or mental rating) + (melee or ranged rating.) Your base rating is already included in physical, energy, & mental rating on the stat tab, so there's no reason to worry about it.

Damage% = 1.5 * (TotalRating / Level) / 100 + Bonus%

Bonus% is flat % increases such as synergies or gear bonuses (e.g. 2% Area Power Damage.) These are additive and don't suffer from diminishing returns. The same is true for defensive ones, so you'll always get 4% more dodge from Spider-Man's synergies no matter how much dodge rating you have.

Most item procs I've seen don't benefit from damage rating at all but benefit from Bonus% based on its internal tags (e.g. Energy Damage, Area, DoT, Ranged, etc.) They can crit/brutal strike but don't benefit from bonus crit/brutal strike damage. However, I'm still unsure whether this is consistent across all items.

Edit: Really shouldn't read mathy stuff while medicated, though I just found something I didn't know. Is it true the Crit% listed on the page is not actually against, cosmic bosses/raid bosses, but instead against yourself?

Weird. I thought the ROCKET code was supposed to give an eternity splinter boost.
I got an iridium triple boost.

Not sure if they switched it out, but I think I would have preferred the splinter boost. :/

Interesting.
This page has made me realize daily log in gifts are tied to the individuals activity and not everyone's. Before, I thought everyone would get the same gift for logging in on Jan 1st (for example), rather than having that gift determined by how many days the individual had played for up until that point.

Top Bottom