• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Playing as 60 Cap and Man Ape is having my life in the vibranium mines

killed him but died about six times

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Whats a good alternative enchant instead of God of Mischief for Venom? Heartbreaker?

Heartbreaker is a fine generic damage choice, sure. I think lady of the sword is decent too?

Lashley

Heartbreaker is a fine generic damage choice, sure. I think lady of the sword is decent too?

Thanks, will check it out

anyone done the secret pirate deadpool achievement?

After I get message in a bottle can I kill the hood ninjas anywhere? Like bamboo forest or does it need to be on buccaneer beach?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It can be anywhere, I did it in industy city patrol.

Lashley

Done!

11821460_380986868764404_2092089764_o.jpg

Lashley

Opening some of these achievement chests I have stacked.

Is there a guide to tell you where items are for when you're gearing a character? I don't know who to farm

EDIT - Is the cosmic bovine medallion any good?

Volimar

I continue to go back and forth on which basic to use for Squirrel Girl.

Squirrel!:

Faster attack
Hits multiple enemies
restores spirit on hit and I constantly find myself low on spirit
I like the visual

Squirrel Saboteur:

Is a summon which means it benefits from all my delicious summon gear synergy.

Indignate

Squirrel!:

Faster attack
Hits multiple enemies
restores spirit on hit and I constantly find myself low on spirit
I like the visual

Squirrel Saboteur:

Is a summon which means it benefits from all my delicious summon gear synergy.

As the resident Squirrel expert, let me drop some hot knowledge.

Use Squirrel Saboteur.

Lashley

Scarlet Witch is just so good and fun to use <3

Even moving about is easy thanks to her teleport ability

EDIT: How do I get more power points?

Anoregon

Yeah they really did a fantastic job with her review.

Lashley

No way did I miss the IRON MAN MARK II TEAM-UP :(

Wasn't playing in June. Shame on me.

Are there any guild online for farming bosses for medallions/drops/etc

Also, what do I spend these prot and hero commendations on?

Anoregon

Prot/com tokens are best used on the item grade 66 and 69 upgrade recipes from Hogan in Asgard.

I don't know about specific guides like that, but generally you just find out what item is best for your char and go farm it, generally in a cosmic terminal. Want a sinister cuirass? farm cosmic sinister, for example. For hero-specific uniques, it doesn't matter, you can just farm midtown or icp or whatever you want.

Lashley

Thanks guys :)

Cosmic Doom is such a faff on, had to do it for the weekly. Least favourite boss.

For farming bosses, is there a way tor reset the instance without leaving and running all the way back?

So I'm at doom castle and on level 47 but yet I'm getting killed so easily but it's funny because outside the castle, I'm unstoppable... Is doom castle just strictly harder?

Indignate

Here's the deal Voli.

I would only recommend Squirrel! if you're early leveling. Around the time one would unlock Presents, I would switch over to Saboteurs.

Squirrels (the summons) are the majority of your damage. Blowing them up with presents serves as a massive DPS loss in exchange for that huge burst damage (before presents was buffed, it was absolutely not worth it), so getting them back out as fast as possible is a priority. Saboteurs gets them out quick when your passive is on cooldown which it will be every other time you pop presents.

SG shouldn't really have any mana problems. The only time I found myself wishing I had some more spirit was defending during the Slag fight (which can probably be fixed with spirit on medkit). The only other issue I can see is her movement power possibly draining her out, but I use a Zigg for movement and positioning so that Saboteurs actually hit more accurately.

I've ran Kurse for full bounty using both basics and Saboteur usually wins out. Squirrel! hits faster, bounces, and never misses, but Saboteur has the benefit of being affected by your summon damage and crit/brut rate but as well as your crit/brut damage (which summons aren't affected by). So when it hits, it hits hard. And again, it keeps your squirrels up, which is the most important factor.

Indignate

Thanks guys :)

Cosmic Doom is such a faff on, had to do it for the weekly. Least favourite boss.

For farming bosses, is there a way tor reset the instance without leaving and running all the way back?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

You traditionally farm bosses in terminals, once the boss dies you leave the terminal and do it again.

If you're asking like killing Doom, then walking outside the throne room (which I don't think you even can) and then resetting it there so you don't have to run through the castle again, than no.

Weird, logged onto Cyclops, told to go to Jocosta, did so, was given an ultimate upgrade token?

There's a mission that shows up in your quest log to get it. It just requires you to get a certain amount of different enemies. You just did it without noticing.

Lashley

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

You traditionally farm bosses in terminals, once the boss dies you leave the terminal and do it again.

If you're asking like killing Doom, then walking outside the throne room (which I don't think you even can) and then resetting it there so you don't have to run through the castle again, than no.

There's a mission that shows up in your quest log to get it. It just requires you to get a certain amount of different enemies. You just did it without noticing.

Just wondered if there was a quicker way to fight the boss again, rather than way all the way through to them again. Would be especially helpful when farming Doom.

Anoregon

Just wondered if there was a quicker way to fight the boss again, rather than way all the way through to them again. Would be especially helpful when farming Doom.

For Doom I usually just wait for people in the LFG channel to say they are at doom and ask for an invite.

Lashley

For Doom I usually just wait for people in the LFG channel to say they are at doom and ask for an invite.

Probably start doing this, thanks.

If I'm Allied with Genosha, what rank am I? Still chasing the lvl 80 legendary

Also, can I donate this message in a bottle now? Since I have the DP teamup

Volimar

I think you need one more level to get the legendaries. Don't forget to refresh him when you reach the level.

Here's the deal Voli.

I would only recommend Squirrel! if you're early leveling. Around the time one would unlock Presents, I would switch over to Saboteurs.

Squirrels (the summons) are the majority of your damage. Blowing them up with presents serves as a massive DPS loss in exchange for that huge burst damage (before presents was buffed, it was absolutely not worth it), so getting them back out as fast as possible is a priority. Saboteurs gets them out quick when your passive is on cooldown which it will be every other time you pop presents.

SG shouldn't really have any mana problems. The only time I found myself wishing I had some more spirit was defending during the Slag fight (which can probably be fixed with spirit on medkit). The only other issue I can see is her movement power possibly draining her out, but I use a Zigg for movement and positioning so that Saboteurs actually hit more accurately.

I've ran Kurse for full bounty using both basics and Saboteur usually wins out. Squirrel! hits faster, bounces, and never misses, but Saboteur has the benefit of being affected by your summon damage and crit/brut rate but as well as your crit/brut damage (which summons aren't affected by). So when it hits, it hits hard. And again, it keeps your squirrels up, which is the most important factor.

Thanks for the info. Anything else you'd like to share about her build would be appreciated.

Indignate

Her sig is the worst skill in the game. Put a value point it in and throw it on your second power bar for casual use.

If you don't want to switch to having a Zigg (I'm assuming your spirit problems are coming from having to roll from place to place), you can definitely get by with Squirrel!. Having spirit problems is definitely more of a detriment than the benefit Saboteurs give you over Squirrel! There are of course other ways to deal with spirit problems as well, but the easiest and less costly is probably just swapping the basic.

Lashley

Should I buy a legendary for each character to level up? Or is it easier/better to unbind the legendary from another character to give to another?

Indignate

I don't buy legendaries for characters that I'm not considering completely gearing out for high-end content.

It's a good idea though. You can very easily turn a lvl70 legendary back into odin marks and the added benefit from a legendary would help for leveling (I believe you only get about half way through a legendary though from 1-60).

Calcium

Banned
Decided to roll the dice and buy 4 random hero boxes. There are probably 8 characters I wouldn't play so I was pretty nervous about doing it. I got Jean Grey, X-23, Doctor Strange and Ms. Marvel. I am pleased.

Indignate

Like fundamentally?

Storm isn't my most favorite character in the world, but she's fun to play. Punisher has a pretty neat rotation. Reed is kind of a lame person, but I found him surprisingly fun as well.

I guess I'm just able to separate the character from the kit though. Might come from stuff like Dota where I'll play any character without caring about what they look like or whatever dumb lore they have. I'm also not heavily invested in comics.

Indignate

That's understandable. A part of not liking a character's kit would be because of their range options. That's not inherently tied to who the character is (most of the time).

I guess I do pick my main characters in fighting games based on design over functionality (but no grapplers plz), but even then I still go through every character as best I can in order to learn what they can and can't do.

Calcium

Banned
Like fundamentally?

Storm isn't my most favorite character in the world, but she's fun to play. Punisher has a pretty neat rotation. Reed is kind of a lame person, but I found him surprisingly fun as well.

I guess I'm just able to separate the character from the kit though. Might come from stuff like Dota where I'll play any character without caring about what they look like or whatever dumb lore they have. I'm also not heavily invested in comics.

I can't stand the Fantastic Four, never have. Even as a kid I thought they were incredibly lame. So I just wouldn't want to play as one of them, even if the character played well. Outside of the Fantastic Four I'd never play Gambit, Luke Cage, She-Hulk or Squirrel Girl. Every other character I like or am indifferent towards so I wouldn't mind taking them to 60.

One of my favorite aspects of this game is seeing how characters I love are represented in an ARPG. So if I don't like a character little things like item references or achievement names go out the window because I don't appreciate the lore behind that character. So yeah, whether or not I like a character is a big deal for me when it comes to playing as them.

Top Bottom