• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Interesting.
This page has made me realize daily log in gifts are tied to the individuals activity and not everyone's. Before, I thought everyone would get the same gift for logging in on Jan 1st (for example), rather than having that gift determined by how many days the individual had played for up until that point.
Yeh. I tend to log in just to get the reward even if I'm not planning on playing much if at all for that day. Some of the higher day rewards are nice I think there are things like random hero boxes, and the Ultron pet for instance.

I went on a two week business trip with no access to the game, so I'm sitting at somewhere in the 80s range for log ins.

-------

Big shout out to Declarius for running a cosmic Doop portal group last night. Where's my money, honey?

Piecake

I just downloaded this game. Any tips for a complete newbie? I decided to go with the human torch since flying around and reigning fireballs of death seemed fun.

inky

I just downloaded this game. Any tips for a complete newbie? I decided to go with the human torch since flying around and reigning fireballs of death seemed fun.

Great choice! And sure: There are some basic tips in post #2 of this thread, but in essence:

Save up eternity splinters to buy new heroes. Buying Random Hero boxes from the Eternity Splinter vendor is a cheap way of increasing your roster, although if you want someone in particular you'll have to save up more of them or pay $$$.
Donate unused items instead of selling them. NPCs get new recipes when they level up. Donating to Hank Pym (crafter) first is ideal.
Try every ability out and build for fun because the game is kinda easy from 1 to 60. You'll get plenty of chances to respec if you want to min-max later on.
Once you hit level 20 do legendary quests! (check your quest log for details). They provide the best XP rewards and other stuff.
Finish the story at least once, but don't feel the need to do the story mode on every difficulty. Once you did it once it's best to mix it up with the other modes as they are better for leveling.

Have fun, and any questions we are here to help =)

KePoW

Banned

Human Torch is a very good character for a beginner

Wanna join the GAF guild??

Before coming back to the game, I had terrible luck with RNG. I got Thing and Hawkeye for my free heroes back when beating the prologue and chap 8 gave starter heroes. Those were the two I wanted the least. I also got 2 more Thing tokens via random boxes from giveaways.

Thankfully, I ended up enjoying Ben a lot and loving his Ult, so the tokens went to good use. Clint on the other hand >_>.

Since coming back to the game, I've gotten:
- Dupes: 1 Captain America (got him before splinters via my the only hero drop I got), 1 Wolvie, 1 Hawkeye.
- New: Black Panther, Daredevil, Emma Frost, Ghost Rider, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Rocket Raccoon, Wolverine.

I now have 19 heroes (10 at 30, Hawkeye parked at 53, 8 at 60). I'll probably keep using boxes for a while. When I get someone new, it's exciting. When I get someone I already have, it's motivation to get them from 52 or 60.

Xevren

Played Nova a bit over the weekend, pretty fun so far. That currency tab though??? Godlike! And this pet vacuuming stuff! Keep being awesome Gaz.

Loot Vaporizer is the best thing from the last patch. I love it so much. Plus the timing was great, as it makes leveling the free Ultron immensely faster.

Moondrop

Banned
I took Cyclops and Hulk from 50 to 60; now my entire roster of 17 is at 60.

Cyclops is pretty great now. You actually use his other powers, but it's kind of disappointing you only use essentially one Strike Force power at a time. I like the signature a lot (just use CC break first). Also glad they preserved Cyke's ability to revive allies. However I'm not going to make him my main as I prefer melee.

Hulk is a bit ahead of Thing in that his anger mechanic provides some uniqueness, and his leaping smash isn't on CD so you can do it over and over for canon flavor. But otherwise this was a character I told myself was fun until an actually fun character (reviewed Cyclops) came along.

Next for me is to purchase Psylocke.

Played Nova a bit over the weekend, pretty fun so far. That currency tab though??? Godlike! And this pet vacuuming stuff! Keep being awesome Gaz.

Finally some actual use for the tonnes of loot we all used to leave sitting around! Definitely one of the best additions lately.

Dec

RNG is good today!

Between three people and like an hour and a half of kurse we got 7 GoKs

Edit: Hereafter got 4 of those 7....

Vecks

Loot Vaporizer is the best thing from the last patch. I love it so much. Plus the timing was great, as it makes leveling the free Ultron immensely faster.

Yup. It's amazing. With the auto-loot credits/medkits, vacuum/vaporizer, game feels so much more fluid now. Don't have to worry about what's on the ground anymore.

Volimar

Don't you only get like 1-2 gold per item vacuumed? I mean that's better than nothing if you were just going to leave it behind, but if you are used to selling them, you end up losing money.

Don't you only get like 1-2 gold per item vacuumed? I mean that's better than nothing if you were just going to leave it behind, but if you are used to selling them, you end up losing money.

Yup, it's like 1% of the value I think, so usually 1 or 2 gold.

I'd only ever picked stuff up because I hated wasting it though, rather than needing the coin, so this is a much better alternative.

One of the pet cybernetic affixes is a bonus to it, ups it to 6% of the sell value instead of the normal 1%. Should be the blue affix if I'm not mistaken.

Next for me is to purchase Psylocke.

Fair word of warning: she is by far the most fun character in the game. Speed, damage, utility, and the best costume in the game. Once you get her geared at 60, everyone else will seem stale by comparison.

I think two of us played Betsy pre-patch and I was the only one consistently raiding on her. We had four Psylockes destroying the raid last night.

You have been warned.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Psylocke is pretty insane now, I love her. Cyclops is a ton of fun after the patch too, I'm really impressed with how they improved his visuals and sounds.

Also Dec, mind posting your Psy build?

Jtrizzy

I can't seem to get an M'Kraan shard costume core to bind to Star Lord or Nova. Can't figure out why, my crafter is level 14. Any ideas?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I can't seem to get an M'Kraan shard costume core to bind to Star Lord or Nova. Can't figure out why, my crafter is level 14. Any ideas?

Are you at least level 35 on those characters? Costume cores don't drop before then.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a place to farm Urus? Should I just like jump into X-Def?

I want that 800 defense.

Just ask in Social, someone will definitely give you one, they aren't rare at all. I'm not home right now or I would.

Indignate

Really? I just feel like I don't see them drop at all.

But I guess I have been leveling characters and stopping at 30 lately.

That might be it.

What about getting good insignias? Running cosmics I just kept seeing green ones with no affixes on them.

Really? I just feel like I don't see them drop at all.

But I guess I have been leveling characters and stopping at 30 lately.

That might be it.

What about getting good insignias? Running cosmics I just kept seeing green ones with no affixes on them.

I like X-Defense or Midtown for both insignias and urus. I saw a bunch of blue insignias and a couple purple insignias drop while leveling in Midtown this weekend.

Mupod

hadn't played in a while, but I managed to squeak some Nova in between Evil Within. He's ridiculously fun, no idea how he'll hold up at endgame though.

One thing I find funny - when I was still playing I had been stocking up on +move speed items for a long time, since I was hoping Nova would feature some kind of 'move speed into damage rating' mechanic. Lo and behold, that's exactly what he's got - so I've been focusing on a 'melee' build. Still use pulsars though, of course.

Also Dec, mind posting your Psy build?

This is theoretically her max damage build if you're building her as a hybrid, which is her current top damage spec.

aF28LCm.png

(not my screen cap but stolen from the forums...my ultimate is only rank 7)

All her own uniques are the best choices, though you could pick up a perfectly rolled slot 5 that might win out.

- The Power Cosmic
- Cosmic Hood Medallion
- Good artifact choices include: GOK, advanced Meta, Doop Ecto, ACCoC, Tasky, etc
- Atlantis or maybe Asgard for relics
- Power Doop runeword

Rotation is straight forward and twitchy: lay down your mental AOE dot and lotus bleed, spam Kirisute Gomen (left mouse button for me), use signature on cooldown or as needed for spirit and defense, Typhoon every three seconds, and use Assassinate as you heavy hitter but only after hitting Psionic Projections to buff it to OP levels.

So: Psionic Assault, Falling Lotus, Typhoon, Projection into Assassinate, Signature, Kirisute spam while dots tick and everything is on cooldown.

You're going to be hitting Typhoon every three seconds followed almost immediately by Projection and Assassinate (four second cooldown). Keep your two dots refreshed and keep spamming Kirisute.

Fucking lag tonight! Seriously annoying. Lots of people on game chat seemed to be complaining about it too :mad:
I also rolled another duplicate costume in the blender. There are 180 costumes in the store. I own less than 50 of them, but I keep rolling duplicates (3 out of the last 5). Like the lag (and possibly my complaining), its very annoying.
Anyone here use Scarlet Witch? Is her Implosion a better AoE than Chaos Warp (the giant red bubble)?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks Dec, funnily enough that's almost exactly the build I arrived at on my own on my first try, only I maxed projections and left psionic maelstrom whatever as a 1-pointer, because I was thinking of going melee-only. Do you have something in Omega that procs vulnerability or just dgaf?

Mupod

Fucking lag tonight! Seriously annoying. Lots of people on game chat seemed to be complaining about it too :mad:
I also rolled another duplicate costume in the blender. There are 180 costumes in the store. I own less than 50 of them, but I keep rolling duplicates (3 out of the last 5). Like the lag (and possibly my complaining), its very annoying.
Anyone here use Scarlet Witch? Is her Implosion a better AoE than Chaos Warp (the giant red bubble)?

My friend - who has never spent a cent on the game - only had one costume (thing future foundation), which he got as a drop when the game first came out. He was so sick of it he took the base costumes off two characters he didn't want to play again and threw it in the blender...and got Thing Future Foundation.

Me, I only have a couple costumes and all I ever get most of the time are Jean Grey costumes and Captain America Movie costumes. I don't have either of those characters. I did get Beta Ray Bill once though which makes up for it - legitimately the only costume I'd spend money for outside of Taskmaster Udon.

Has there been any word on official controller support? I saw that there was an unofficial controller support thingy released recently and wondered if the devs have any intention of adding true controller support.

Has there been any word on official controller support? I saw that there was an unofficial controller support thingy released recently and wondered if the devs have any intention of adding true controller support.
The only thing I've heard is that it's technically possible with the engine. No clue if it's in the pipelines or not, but I'd sure love it if so. I whipped up a custom control scheme using DS4Windows, but I'd love something official. Especially if it gave direct control; like D3 on console.

Dec

I didn't look up any builds or anything but mine is this with slight variations.

I have one point in Psionic Vortex for the 10% increased damage taken and it vacuums everyone in for falling lotus, really great in holosim, xdef, MM (the big robots and sentinels can be vacuumed in while falling, but not after they fall).

And instead of Psionic Assault I put those points into Psionic Projection. It is a straight damage increase because the illusions follow you when you assassinate. So you spam her teleport to get to someone, spawning illusions, then assassinate and like 3 illusions assassinate with you, then they all typhoon and lotus strike. Each illusion does like 10% of your damage so throughout them it seemed like a pretty significant damage increase.

Edit: I also put 1 point in her dash. It is very good to mix into her teleports when traversing terminals because it makes your next hit give back 25 spirit. It can't be procced by itself but since her teleport does damage that will proc it. Teleport -> teleport -> see enemies -> dash -> teleport through them -> full spirit infinitely.

You can also forgo some spirit regen, like 25% on costume core by using it in the extremeeeely rare times you are running low on spirit. It can dodge things like Kurse's punch aswell since if you dash on an enemy you stop at them, but on the other side of them. So if assassinate is on cd and he punches you, you don't either have to eat the punch or teleport away (which is a set distance and will result in damage loss).

ifGuAdo0YKbLM.jpg

I haven't gotten all the story rewards, but I was planning on putting them in Psionic Projection.

whats he like now whats the go to stuff to use on him (skills). hows the new skull skill

The new skull power is good, but I don't like its pure single target nature. I'd definitely go with a hybrid build built about Judgment. Max the three main passives on him: Spirit of Vengeance, Protect the Innocent, and Chains Ablaze along with Infernal Contract and Penance Stare. From there, personal recommendation from me would be to max Judgment, Chain Snare and Burn the Treads. You'll use Inferno too even though it's a one-pointer.

Top Bottom