• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Do you actually have to do the cosmic trial on every character separately? lol if so

gt4ZQz6.jpg

rvpqk3F.jpg

space zero is a god at costume

Now that's gonna be owned by me.

I've done one ARMOR Defender mission but none others have appeared since, it's been a week too. How do I get the other 4 to appear for Howard the Duck?

I've done one ARMOR Defender mission but none others have appeared since, it's been a week too. How do I get the other 4 to appear for Howard the Duck?
You don't. You can unlock Howard after a series of months. We will probably get one armor event per month. It's just like unlocking Coulson. It takes multiple events.

Volimar

Ryolnir is in the GeekandSundry twitch chat where they're playing Marvel Heroes. People keep gifting the host stuff and he's acting like it pisses him off. The audience is eating it up...

I keep asking Ryolnir if there are any plans for new Ms. Marvel skins, but he never answers.

:(

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
It would defeat the purpose if you could do it on one character and then bring in all your undergeared 60s after.

lol fuck cosmic patrols, fuck this game, fuck Gaz

"hey I have a great idea let's just gate this bullshit behind some nonsense people will love that in this game with 50+ characters instead of actually fixing incoming damage so it's not completely ridiculous or maybe fixing the spawns in this zone, I don't know"

Gaz's long-term vision for Marvel Heroes:

xVyoSl.jpg

any fucking body who has put considerable time into this game and has 69 recipes can go into cosmic patrols with any character no problem. This is literally R-word, fucking stupid. I'm probably way madder about this than I should be considering I barely play anymore but goooooooooood this is idiotic

edit: i'm not even mad anymore but let the salt in this post stand as a testament to something i guess

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Go to the south eastern part of Midtown on a level 60 character and you'll find a portal.

Thanks, will do it later with SW

Can I upgrade costume affixes btw? or roll again?

got what I wanted but the roll was higher grade 3 rather than grade 4

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so what are these cosmic trials? I know you need to do them now to be able to do cosmic patrols, but what exactly are they?

Volimar

so what are these cosmic trials? I know you need to do them now to be able to do cosmic patrols, but what exactly are they?

You go through the portal and fight harder and harder waves of Hydra. Easy until you get to the hulkbusters, but they shouldn't be too much trouble. Then you have to fight madame Hydra who has a nasty habit of becoming invulnerable until you kill a hydra unit. No big deal except you only have a certain amount of time to finish. After that you do the same thing again except with Red Hydra units culminating in fighting Red Skull who also has a habit of becoming invulnerable and spawning a powerful starktech sentinel. And you have a time limit for that too. If you die once, you fail and have to start over.

Before the patch I beat the trial easily.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
And then you get to do it for each character that wants to do cosmic patrols.

so...every character. Why wouldnt you "want" to do it with someone? Yeah methinks ill stay away until this is pulled, which im sure it will be or at least revamped or something.

Calcium

Banned
It's not going to be pulled. Red patrols will be for people who don't want to bother.

Didn't they come out and say they were dropping Red patrols? Pretty sure I read that somewhere. They just buffed the HP and loot for normal and thought "Meh, good enough".

antonz

The whole thing is silly. It was basically implemented because over geared people were crying less geared people were making their loot piñatas more difficult and not easy kills. As if it was the under geared peoples fault that basically the only way to gear up was to go to cosmic and hope for drops

Calcium

Banned
The whole thing is silly. It was basically implemented because over geared people were crying less geared people were making their loot piñatas more difficult and not easy kills. As if it was the under geared peoples fault that basically the only way to gear up was to go to cosmic and hope for drops

This is the thing that bothers me the most about the whole situation. If you are geared enough for Cosmic Patrols you don't need the loot that drops most of the time. It's the lower geared players that sorely need the loot explosions to help them get geared. The amount of loot you get in normal patrols is just pathetic. I don't mind not being able to play the harder difficulty, but at times it feels like the game is punishing me for not having gear that they make it incredibly hard to obtain.

antonz

This is the thing that bothers me the most about the whole situation. If you are geared enough for Cosmic Patrols you don't need the loot that drops most of the time. It's the lower geared players that sorely need the loot explosions to help them get geared. The amount of loot you get in normal patrols is just pathetic. I don't mind not being able to play the harder difficulty, but at times it feels like the game is punishing me for not having gear that they make it incredibly hard to obtain.

Oh I got into a big debate on the forums over it. It was basically non stop arguments of min maxing and how its unfair they have to carry people yada yada

Rhaknar

Oh I got into a big debate on the forums over it. It was basically non stop arguments of min maxing and how its unfair they have to carry people yada yada

Individual patrols, problem solved. MMOfication ruins everything

ElRenoRaven

I know. They're like OMG we beat the bosses with 3 minutes left instead of 4. We were so close to losing cause those scrubs. It's like really. You're gonna bitch about actually not beating the boss fast enough. Yet all they do is stand around and fucking wait for the next spawn. Just makes no sense. Course lucky for me I don't really give a shit about maximizing my gear. I just level characters. lol

Calcium

Banned

I only got to play Cosmic Midtown for a couple weeks, but in my experience I never encountered the "leeching" they like to complain about so much. Of course since I can't pass the trial now I'd probably be considered a leech, but I was in the middle of every fight BAMFing my ass off trying to contribute. I would only considering it leeching if the player was just standing on the outskirts of the battle waiting to quickly tag the bosses for easy loot. The only time boss waves took too long was if the zone wasn't populated enough.

Individual patrols, problem solved. MMOfication ruins everything

Now that I'm at the "endgame" I'm really starting to struggle with the MMO aspects of this game. I don't get why they have taken the grindy aspects of MMOs and applied it to an ARPG. The GLF influence and token system feel really out of place to me. This game is without a doubt the most time consuming gearing experience I've encountered in the genre and in a game that encourages you to make so many alts I don't understand why it is even necessary. Player retention shouldn't be a problem so you shouldn't have to put players on a gear treadmill.

Course lucky for me I don't really give a shit about maximizing my gear. I just level characters. lol

This is probably where I'm going to end up. I don't like the idea of raiding in an ARPG, so I considered Cosmic Patrol my endgame. I'll just slowly get my Nightcrawler geared and make alts until I've leveled every character I'm interested in.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Who the hell just tags a boss for the loot and stands there though? Surely you'd contribute? Otherwise, why play?

Indignate

Most probably do contribute, but I believe the point is they contribute so little that they're actually a detriment.

I said this before cosmics came out; if people want to treat them like raids, then they should get a group together beforehand with gear checks or whatever and then queue for a zone.

Granted, in practice this doesn't work at all due to the nature of the zones, but the trial isn't really a great alternative.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Didn't they come out and say they were dropping Red patrols? Pretty sure I read that somewhere. They just buffed the HP and loot for normal and thought "Meh, good enough".

Yeah. The increased the HP, difficulty, and loot for normal. They thought that if they had Red patrols, no one would go into Green.

I swear it seems Gaz is making this game for only the hardcore players and everyone else needs to deal with it. Maybe the hardcore players spend the most cash so they get the most consideration or maybe they live on the forums so they are the most vocal. Either way, as someone in that uncanny valley between noob, and hardcore, the game is becoming frustrating. Rip off Adventure Mode from Diablo 3 and that might be something that works.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
it doesnt matter how hard the content is because their version of hard is one shot kills. no near to gear defnsively everyone just builds round crit n brut, hell with just basic stuff on you can get 50% crit on most heroes easy now.

its why i dont care for danger room because its just gonna be another daily shit to do with no rewards anyone needs,

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm still hoping Danger Room is cool, but I get what you're saying. D3 had that problem for a while, and it isn't as extreme now, but it still pretty much goes back to "don't take any damage or you die" at the higher difficulties.

I hope the WoW expansion reveal this week is cool. By the time that comes out, we will probably have chapter 10!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What's an Avengers boost party?

The Avenger boost's strength depends on how many people in your party are also using an Avenger's boost. So a full party of people with a boost popped will get the most bonus XP/RIF etc.

Volimar

Always had mine out. Otherwise they were just a secret stat boost and where's the fun in that. Hypocritically, I almost never have my pets out.

Anoregon

I always have teamups out. They are my bros (and dudettes)

Top Bottom