• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Damn girl just drink some beer like a human

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
lucozade orange with redbull with a mango and grapefruit drink with coca cola plus a pack of polos

grgucJN.jpg

Mulgrok

ok, the new vid card helped... but the game still runs like trash. Guess I will have to upgrade my everything else before I play regularly.

Pics_nao

Finally got around to sitting down and playing. Bought the Rogue pack and holy shit I'm glad I did. She's so much fun to play as. Love that I can take powers from others and use them myself. Not sure what I'll use for an end game jack of all trades build though.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
But if you're allergic/intolerant to certain foods you can be whiny about, right?

ofcourse i was talking about just in general im not gonna stop myself drinking x drink or x food because it contains x something, just something that annoys me with people constantly watching n montoring whats in everything just eat what you want as long as its in small doses and doesnt exceed daily limits most people would be fine.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
ok, the new vid card helped... but the game still runs like trash. Guess I will have to upgrade my everything else before I play regularly.

No video card on earth will stop Patrol zones from running like shit because the game is trash, from a technical perspective (that's a technical term).

He's always been a lot more involved in the development than just community manager, since he's also the writer and has worked in the design parts as well.

Either way, man this job would be great. I'd definitely qualify. Problem is of course that I'm in Europe, and relocating to California would be very difficult
and also would relocate me into the US, ehhh.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so people are demanding they raise the difficulty of cmm on forums, appratnely now its gated the zone is too easy, considering most of the heroes i see there are doom, scarlet hulk etc (you know the ones who got nerfed but are still light zones ahead)

rip melee heroes

It's obviously going to be much much easier on some heroes, there's no real way to do a balanced test for all 49 heroes.

starting to realise how guild wars 1 had such bad balance at the end, this is going same way

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Not ALL melee heroes are totally useless and squishy, though!

ElRenoRaven

so people are demanding they raise the difficulty of cmm on forums, appratnely now its gated the zone is too easy, considering most of the heroes i see there are doom, scarlet hulk etc (you know the ones who got nerfed but are still light zones ahead)

rip melee heroes

starting to realise how guild wars 1 had such bad balance at the end, this is going same way

Sounds about right. People are never happy.

OMG WE CAN'T BEAT BOSSES IN 1 MINUTE!!!!

OMG WE BEAT BOSSES IN 1 MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol the forums are so bad at times. Whatever Gaz does, they can't do it right.
I mean obviously since only well-geared players with high tier characters can get through the trial, everybody is gonna trash everything. It's their own damn fault for asking for gating CMM off in the first place.

ElRenoRaven

lol the forums are so bad at times. Whatever Gaz does, they can't do it right.
I mean obviously since only well-geared players with high tier characters can get through the trial, everybody is gonna trash everything. It's their own damn fault for asking for gating CMM off in the first place.

It really is. I mean it wasn't like bosses got away unless people just weren't trying. I never saw a time that there was less then 2 minutes left. Yet they did nothing but bitch about carrying less geared players and how the bosses took to long to kill. It's like so you killed the damn bosses.

The complaining made no sense to begin with. Anyone with a brain saw this coming.

The complaining about having to "carry" less geared players must've been made so those guys could feel better about themselves or something, because it makes absolutely no sense in the slightest.

I understand why people consider playing with less geared players as "carrying" them in something like, I dunno, a raid, where you have a limited amount of players and the content is difficult enough that having a badly geared player can make or break the whole deal (and raids also take quite a while to top it off).
You could even make this argument for terminals or one-shots, though even a poorly geared player should be able to clear those, or at the very least pull some weight in them.

But in a patrol zone, where people come and go however they want, and there's really not much change to any of the bosses whether or not you have a poorly equipped Taskmaster tagging along, it doesn't even matter in the slightest. In fact, even a poorly equipped Taskmaster will pull more weight than a non-existent player.

And now people complain about only high tier well-geared characters being allowed in the patrol zone - I mean, the obvious consequence of that is that the enemies will go down faster. Are the official forums brain dead or something?

LuuKyK

I am inclined to believe that this game has the worst and most entitled user base I have ever seen. Granted I haven't played many MMOs in my life, but still, some posts/threads in the official forums are downright cringeworthy.

ElRenoRaven

I am inclined to believe that this game has the worst and most entitled user base I have ever seen. Granted I haven't played many MMOs in my life, but still, some posts/threads in the official forums are downright cringeworthy.

It's not this game alone. You name the game you'll find the same shit on their official forums and even on fan forums. With the online world we're in now everyone thinks that everything and everyone should bow to their whims. So they go to the official forums and whine and cry until the devs get tired of listening and either just don't engage with their community anymore or give in and change shit to shut them up.

It's worse for online based games too cause with such a large player base a dev can't win. They're going to piss someone off.

To this date, my absolute favourite thread in the official forums was the one that complained about Rogue's 90s costume not looking exactly like the one in the cartoon. I've never seen anything more ridiculous than that.
I think it even complained about her ass or boobs not being the right size, I forgot which body part.

It's not this game alone. You name the game you'll find the same shit on their official forums and even on fan forums. With the online world we're in now everyone thinks that everything and everyone should bow to their whims. So they go to the official forums and whine and cry until the devs get tired of listening and either just don't engage with their community anymore or give in and change shit to shut them up.

It's worse for online based games too cause with such a large player base a dev can't win. They're going to piss someone off.

I can concur with that. I play Avengers Alliance (the Facebook RPG), and the forum community there is absolutely vitriolic and insanely entitled. Just the other day someone made the suggestion of new players receiving 200$ worth of in-game currency as they start, and that amount should increase with every character that comes to that game.

This is nothing compared to other big MMOs. Very tame.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, I love going to CMM with Taskmaster or Carol !

Carol is a huge outlier her regen n negation n regen is off the charts since unique review n is flying under the radar its better healing than what scarlet had pre nerf.

I only used cmm to get uniques for a hero then id leave the zone us pointless to me

Anoregon

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. The post rating system makes people crazy sometimes.

Beta forums were filth.

People who take "disagrees" personally blow my fucking mind. They actually make new threads about it. How thin skinned can a person be?

Uniques are supposed to be super fucking rare right? I just got one out of nowhere >_>

Nah, Uniques are fairly common drops, especially as you get to higher levels. I mean, they're obviously not green/blue/purple levels of common, but I find it easier to get Uniques than cosmic level items (except during cosmic chaos obviously).

Volimar

Cosmic Midtown Madness was crazy. You're spoiled for choice. I think I exchanged for like 5 500k boxes yesterday, building my bank back up after some rerolls.

Finally got Thing to 60, that's all the Fantastic Four. Thought this event was a good opportunity for it. :)
Also finally got the Doop pet, so yay.

Volimar

The MM/ICP box training room trick has been fixed. Now when you prestige it resets the training room. I found out the hard way...

...with Thing.

Volimar

He's hardly my favorite, but since I missed about 6 months of playtime when my old laptop broke, I've been prestiging my heroes that had their power points refunded due to changes so I could refamiliarize myself with them. I wasn't looking forward to it, but with that trick I could have started him off in the 30's and it wouldn't have been so rough. Now I have to do it the way the game intended.

Thanks Gazillion.

Pics_nao

Nah, Uniques are fairly common drops, especially as you get to higher levels. I mean, they're obviously not green/blue/purple levels of common, but I find it easier to get Uniques than cosmic level items (except during cosmic chaos obviously).

Cosmics are rarer than uniques? I've been getting cosmic drops left and right <_<

Cosmics are yellow right?

Top Bottom