• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Drayco21

who does Cable summon? X-Force guys? o_O

Don't be crazy, that would actually be neat. Gaz would never do something that cool.

Is someone trying to bill Beta Ray over X-23 cuz that person better bring knives if so.

Yo, Beta Ray Bill was created by the Walt Simonson and gets passed around to fantastic writers like Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning, Kieron Gillen, and Gerry Duggan. Laura gets to spend all her time getting assassinated as a character and thrown around as a disposable love interest by gutter-trash like Dennis Hopeless and Brian Micheal Bendis.

I'm just saying, if Wolverine Except Waifu can be a stand alone playable character, then it's completely justifiable for Thor Except Horse to be one too. Same for every other stand alone character that usually gets stuck as a costume or team-up.

Real talk, X-23 is in my top 10 marvel characters and Bill doesn't even come close, and hearing early on when they started working on her as a weekend project is what convinced me to try the game again after the really boring Beta.

Pics_nao

So when's the Spider Gwen enhanced coming out?
I totally didn't buy the advanced team up pack just for that. I would never. I-idiots.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
So when's the Spider Gwen enhanced coming out?
I totally didn't buy the advanced team up pack just for that. I would never. I-idiots.

after deadpools review with spiderman re review

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ive been so out of it with the game lately I didnt know this was a thing:

Andrew Hair ‏@andrewhair 7m7 minutes ago
Thanks @jeffgerstmann for mentioning controller support coming to @MarvelHeroes on the @GiantBombCast. Can't wait to show it off soon!

I mean you guys were talking about a PS4 version or something a few days ago, but I didnt know they were adding controller support to the PC one. Like, Diablo 3 never did right?

Volimar

ive been so out of it with the game lately I didnt know this was a thing:

Andrew Hair ‏@andrewhair 7m7 minutes ago
Thanks @jeffgerstmann for mentioning controller support coming to @MarvelHeroes on the @GiantBombCast. Can't wait to show it off soon!

I mean you guys were talking about a PS4 version or something a few days ago, but I didnt know they were adding controller support to the PC one. Like, Diablo 3 never did right?

I wish ESO would.

inky

So I'm the only sucker left, huh?

7575257koqcn.png

RIP Marvel Heroes.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
There's definitely a lull right now, but that'l happen every so often.

All the endgame content that's there now is bad and there's so much redundancy. Once you're done doing the rep grind and have all the 69 recipes, there's kind of not a lot of incentive left to keep playing. To be fair it took over 1400 hours for me to get to a place where I feel like I have no reason to play unless there's a new character (or fkkn DANGER ROOM comes out and is good, just sayin').

Volimar

You have no right to say that if you only log on for a minute a day to collect daily gifts, you jerk. :p
I was playing all day yesterday, grinding up Thing to 60.

I got Thing up to 52-53...

He's more fun now, but The Fantastic Four tree seems kind of dumb. I only really use the Reed Hammer skill.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Should be nrxt week if they give him proper testing

In other news what happen to night crawlers qol was mentioned coming soon back in feb

According to amthua he is in a perfect place he posted a hero roster pic with colors for who is ok etc green fine yellow just looked at red to be coming

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
According to amthua he is in a perfect place he posted a hero roster pic with colors for who is ok etc green fine yellow just looked at red to be coming

That pic was strictly in reference to hero-specific unique items, not overall hero strength/viability. NC had an item review recently.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
jean already lknocked down from top tier lol

ODIN’S BOUNTY EVENT
The Odin’s Bounty event returns! The event rotation will begin at 12:01 AM PDT Friday, August 14th! The full rotation schedule will be posted later today.

Bosses will drop Chests of Odin's Bounty. These chests are loot boxes that you can collect and then open later for an epic lootsplosion! Chests of Odin's Bounty have a high chance to contain Runes and Odin Marks, as well as a chance to drop the Mysterious Crimson Box, which contains rare boss-specific artifacts. Odin's Bounty Boosts are back as well and include a jackpot chance!

Additionally, everyone has a rare chance to receive Odin's Blessing, which gives your chests special jackpot loot! Odin's Bounty Potions have been known to increase your chances of receiving Odin's Blessing.

TUNING CORNER
JEAN GREY:

We love Jean very much, but we need to take her down slightly to the realm of other heroes. We will be monitoring her very closely and adjusting as needed.

These changes will probably put her in the top 5 heroes, but won't have her so far above in first place that the entire game has to be retuned.

Telekinetic Throw now gains more damage, critical and brutal chance while Dark Phoenix is active.
Phoenix Drain now gains the execute affix while Dark Phoenix is active. Choosing the Omega-Level Mutant specialization grants this power additional critical and brutal damage.
Psychic Hammer now grants this power the execute affix instead of granting critical and brutal damage when choosing the Omega-Level Mutant specialization.
Dark Phoenix is no longer affected by power duration.
Kinetic Wave/Psychokinetic Implosion force field’s percent of maximum health reduced.
Kinetic Wave healing while Dark Phoenix is active reduced.
Dark Phoenix (Phoenix form) healing boost to other powers reduced.
Small damage reductions to:

Psychokinetic Implosion
Kinetic Wave
Phoenix Inferno (and the DoT's which stack with it)
Mind Crush (Phoenix only)
Dark Phoenix explosion (Jean only)

Next Up For Tuning Corner

We have several heroes to review before Red AXIS Raids goes live. Look for feedback threads in the coming weeks, we'll make sure to promote them heavily. For today, check out Luke Cage's official forum thread.

NEW ACHIEVEMENTS
Ten new achievements have been added, all based on community suggestions! Happy hunting!

Father of the Bride
Keychain with Attitude
Shot Through the Heart
My Little Menagerie
Teenage Dream
You Didn’t See That Coming?
Save the Acanti
The Long Night
Planning Ahead
+1 Secret.
BUG FIXES & OTHER CHANGES
Very low tier runes will no longer have edge pointers to prevent screen spam. We may eventually make this an option, but we've removed it for now based on a player suggestion. Let us know how you feel about it.

Fixed an animation issue with Juggernaut's Rope-a-Dope power on remote clients.

Fixed a respawning issue in Brood Jungle in Chapter 7.

Tornadoes summoned by Storm's Sudden Tornadoes should no longer 'roll' when moving, nor display health bars.

Fixed an issue where X-23's Whirling Dervish was displaying the wrong icon on the buff bar.

Updated description to specify using "Full Auto" instead of "heavy machine gun" in Punisher's "Something Like Peace" achievement.

Updated description to specify needing an Epic or Cosmic Holo-Hulk Medallion for the Collection achievement “Mean Green Medallion”.

Fixed an issue where the game audio was not muted when the game window is not the main focus (such as after alt-tabbing).

Fixed an issue that could cause a power to fail to activate when used repeatedly in rapid succession.

fixed an issue where the damage of Team-Up Pirate Deadpool's Boom Goes the Dynamite power was not increasing with additional points.

Scarlet Witch and Star-Lord no longer display incorrect power names or tooltip descriptions for various powers when the language is set to Portuguese.

ofcourse doom nerf waits because sales

You mean Jean knocked down to top tier. Sub-5 minute TTK is nothing to complain about.

And yes, Doom and Scarlet Witch are both getting nerfs in the future too. Make use of them in this state while you can.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
You mean Jean knocked down to top tier. Sub-5 minute TTK is nothing to complain about.

And yes, Doom and Scarlet Witch are both getting nerfs in the future too. Make use of them in this state while you can.
3e3.jpg

Volimar

Punisher still feels weak and squishy to me. It doesn't help that I can't seem to get his uniques to drop.

Wow, I don't enjoy Daredevil AT ALL.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
looool they never learn with the gamble shit

Note, the Store Team will be hosting Mystic related promotions and a Mystic Mystery box, but we'll let them announce that type of stuff once their plans are set in stone.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
mystic event for limbo

FEATURING:
1963 Legendary Limbo Scrolls
From 63 to Eternity
Heroes Wanted
Asgard Supports the War Effort
Experience Counts
Finding Items - Magic and Otherwise
New Mission: Strike on Limbo
Mystic Mayhem Invades
Bloodstone Amulets
Mayhem Demons
Mystic Achievements
Achievement Mayhem!

1963 LEGENDARY LIMBO SCROLL
1963 was the year Marvel introduced the Marvel Universe to the legendary location of Limbo in an issue of The Avengers #2. ('63 was an amazing year for comics, featuring not just the Avengers, but X-Men, Fantastic Four, Nick Fury and Spider-Man all featured prominently)

To celebrate that first issue in which Limbo appeared, we're using the same database tech as the Vibranium Ticket promotion: There will be 1963 Legendary Limbo Scrolls to be discovered during Mystic Mayhem.

If you find a Legendary Limbo Scroll, you can open it immediately a collection of sweet icons, including something Crimson, something Blue, something Ultimate and something Legendary.

In addition, 63 of those Limbo Scrolls will be doubles, with double everything inside.

These Legendary Limbo Scrolls give in-game items and are available in all regions, with no paperwork or delay. As soon as you find them, you can open them up. They are very well marked, you can't miss 'em.

For the duration of Mystic Mayhem, the rare 10-drop Eternity Splinters will be joined on all loot tables with Bundles of 63 Eternity Splinters.

The drop rate of the 10-pack bundles will also be doubled for the duration of Mystic Mayhem.

HEROES WANTED
The demon hordes will not be put down easily - we'll need every hero we can get.

To that end, during the full duration of Mystic Mayhem, Hero Tokens can again drop anywhere in the world, in and out of Limbo, from any enemy.

It wouldn't be Limbo without a chance at a Hero Token.

ASGARD SUPPORTS THE WAR EFFORT
Asgard has a vested interest in keeping the Demon Lord N’astirh from harming the innocent people of Earth. To that end, they have entrusted the Asgardian Runemasters with helping the brave heroes who are defending themselves against this assault from Limbo.

For the duration of Mystic Mayhem, thanks to the hard work and solidarity of the Asgardians, the chance of acquiring the very rarest Asgardian Runes will be increased tenfold. These coveted ancient runes are still extremely rare and useful items, but perhaps the heroes will have a chance of acquiring one or two during this time of need.

EXPERIENCE COUNTS
To help defeat the demons of N’astirh and stop the invasion, all heroes will receive a 63% server side experience boost throughout the entire Mystic Mayhem event.

This applies to all zones, on Earth and Limbo and will stack multiplicatively with a player’s other experience boosts.

FINDING ITEMS - MAGIC AND OTHERWISE
To aid heroes in acquiring the tools they need to repel the Demon invasion, Dr. Strange has summoned as massive, powerful enchantment on Earth that will assist heroes in finding rare and special items.

Both Rare Item Find and Special Item Find receive a 63% server side boost for the duration of Mystic Mayhem.

NEW MISSION - STRIKE ON LIMBO
A new permanent mission launches with Mystic Mayhem: Strike On Limbo

The mission is available from Magik in Xavier’s Institute.

You’ll be asked to help lead a strike on N'astirh in Limbo, challenging the Demon Lord himself, in his domain with his allies and henchman awaiting your challenge.

This is a new permanent, optional mission and may be completed by each hero in your roster.

Completing the mission has several awards, mostly importantly a permanent +3 Power Point upgrade and +63 Health Upgrade.

You can choose to complete this mission when Mystic Mayhem launches in the very near future, or wait until Mystic Mayhem comes around again in the event rotation. You can't keep a Demon Lord down forever...

INFERNAL LIMBO - DEFEATING THE DEMON LORD
For the duration of the event, heroes may access a special gate to N'astirh's base in Limbo.

Infernal Limbo is his specific domain and he's recruited beings from several dimensions as guards.

You must fight through these guards and take down N'astirh before he escapes. Time is limited.

Level 60 heroes may access this gate to Infernal Limbo whenever they wish, with no restrictions.

If a hero defeats each encounter within the time limit and defeats N'astirh himself, they are given the opportunity to complete a random follow-up mission, only available during Mystic Mayhem.

The random follow-up missions are given by Doctor Strange, Magik, Clea, Forge or Ezekiel. Each has a different series of objectives and award several Mayhem Coffers.

There is a rare follow-up mission awarded by Agent Stan Lee himself that players may encounter.

MYSTIC MAYHEM INVADES
During the Mystic Mayhem event, bosses have a chance of dropping an extra Mystic Chest of loot. The only catch, they'll be swarming with invading Mayhem Demons. You were warned.

BLOODSTONE AMULETS
A new Unique neck slot item
can be looted from enemies during Mystic Mayhem, with the best chance from invading Demon forces (throughout the world) and from Mayhem Coffers.

Each amulet has 5 bonuses, representing the 5 souls stored inside. Heroes will decide for themselves whether to add these items to their arsenal of gear, whether to trade in several for a new one or whether to save them in their improved Stash vaults.

MAYHEM DEMONS
Magik is all to familiar with these ferocious demons. They can appear throughout the world and in Limbo. They must be put down before they harm innocent people.

Defeating a Mayhem Demon in any zone has a chance of awarding heroes with Mayhem Demonblood, a new artifact that allows heroes a taste of Demonblood, at a price...

MYSTIC ACHIEVEMENTS
With every new Mystic Mayhem event, we'll introduce a new Mystic Achievement.

The Mystic Achievement for each Mystic Mayhem will contain a clue directly in the achievements UI panel. The clue will help true detectives down the path of solving the mystic mystery.

This means every month or two, we'll have a new mystery to solve.

If at least one hero completes the Mystical Achievement for the current Mystic Mayhem event, then the 63% server-side Experience boost, SIF boost and RIF boost will carry over for an extra day into the next event (likely stacking with whatever server-side bonus the next event has, which is very much Boost Mayhem).

If zero players decipher the mystic clue and solve the achievement, then the same achievement will return for the next event, with more details added to the clue.

The goal is to launch the inaugural Mystic Mayhem event before the end of August.

To help us prepare, we just activated Limbo on test center (right now!) - check it out in the waypoint menu and let us know how the fights feel.

Fucking Hot Dam

fuck diablo 3 patch is end of month too

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The event is tuned and designed to be enjoyed by 5 people. (added that)

The mode has automatic matchmaking.

hopefully its hard because on tc i completed it solo last time

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
yoooo swag

P0GLKwr.jpg

stage 3 boss is bugged and is invisible only targetd by aoe n stuff lol

squadr0n

Anyone get a gift email from Gazillion tonight? I had to verify my email for them and they gave me some sort of boost bonus, anyone know what it is?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
none of this is Danger Room

After reading over more lets try n rebalance heroes just starts making progress smart idea power creep 1111111 more power points new item slot yeaaaaa

So this guy got from 1-60 in 17 minutes with this method. Figured I'd post it here for everyone's future reference (assuming it doesn't get a swift nerf bat to the balls). With more XP boosts, the time can actually be shortened.

Buffs used:
1 x XP Bar
1 x XP Pot
1 x Triple Pot
1 x iBoost
1 x Summer Boost
1 x Cosmic Penta Boost

Method:
Kill Black Cat
Teleport to end of raft and kill Goblin
Kill Doc Oc
Kill Hood
Speak To Maria Hill and teleport to chapter 3 Safehouse
Kill Electra
Speak to Ben Urich
Kill Fisk
Speak To Hill
Teleport to Xavier Masion
Speak to Xavier
Kill Juggernaut
Speak to Xavier
Kill Magneto
Speak to Xavier
Kill Sinister
Talk To Xavier
Teleport to Helicarrier
Speak To Fury
Grab mission at beginning of modok, kill both bosses and smach the things then kill modok.
Talk to Fury
Grab mission at beginning of hydra island, kill madame hydra then kill mandarin.
Talk to Fury
Teleport to Ancient Ruins in Norway and enter portal.
Speak to Heimdall
Kill Kurse
Speak to Sif.
Done.

Top Bottom