• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

ElRenoRaven

I don't think that is really accurate, War Machine is pretty well-liked in general and his playable MH version looks quite fun/good.

It's far from accurate. War Machine has been a character that a large number of folks have been wanting since the game came out.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
buy your crafting tabs now. on tc there is no crafting tabs they are classed as general. (this is part of the stash tab changes coming)

so buying crafting tabs right now is like a stash sale

Hrmmm that sounds pretty good but I want to wait for some kind of confirmation this is staying as-is before I end up with like 4 extra crafting tabs next week

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hrmmm that sounds pretty good but I want to wait for some kind of confirmation this is staying as-is before I end up with like 4 extra crafting tabs next week

going by the forums its probs something they wont comment on, the devs didnt really comment on the retcon story reward being chnaged when it was on tc either. and other sorta things either.

until they did the huge blog post but for a few thats was too late

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/227868/crafting-tabs-to-become-general-tabs/p1

this change is on tc currently basically crafting tabs are being consolidated because they are changing crafting materials in a later patch so you wont have like primitive essential of 3 types. itll just be 1 of each type.

so again crafting tabs would be redundant then aswell

inky

Crafting tabs are rune/core tabs anyways, not anything-else tabs. (Maybe those things that drop from FCs tabs). Even though it is tempting to get more tabs considering the usual price of tabs and crafting tabs being way cheaper than you'd expect all future "premium" tabs to be (customizable tabs is something that PoE does well I think, so I think they are getting their tabs ideas from them) I think I just have enough tabs for now. Some say you can't have enough tabs, but I think I have enough tabs.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah I just have 1 crafting tab, and it's my rune tab plus unbindings and molecules.

going by the forums its probs something they wont comment on, the devs didnt really comment on the retcon story reward being chnaged when it was on tc either. and other sorta things either.

until they did the huge blog post but for a few thats was too late

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/227868/crafting-tabs-to-become-general-tabs/p1

this change is on tc currently basically crafting tabs are being consolidated because they are changing crafting materials in a later patch so you wont have like primitive essential of 3 types. itll just be 1 of each type.

so again crafting tabs would be redundant then aswell
Official comment on it. They want everyone to know.

This is probably the closest to a STASH sale that we'll see anytime soon. (Buy Crafting tabs today, get General tabs converted automatically).

Anoregon

Awesome. I'll definitely grab a couple more then.

I am sorry I doubted you queen please don't gkick me

Anoregon

I spent 600g on 2 tabs, leaving me with 1000 to save for a rainy (sales) day.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Who was the big Diablo 3 diehard here again? Anoregon? Noray? I forget, whoever it was you were right and I was wrong when I shat on it some months ago (boy I couldn't be more wrong). That game compared to vanilla is more of a night and day than Marvel compared to vanilla. No point in comparisons, that's not the point, just wanted to say how wrong I was now that I've delved deep into it.

Also that stash tab is great and I'll probably use my remaining gold on some

Anoregon

What they adding?

Alot of new and revised sets, which open up a whole bunch of build options at end game.

Also , the CUBE. You can stick one weapon, one piece of armor, and one piece of jewelery in it to get that item's legendary affix without having it equipped. Also opens up a whole slew of build options.

Alot of new and revised sets, which open up a whole bunch of build options at end game.

Also , the CUBE. You can stick one weapon, one piece of armor, and one piece of jewelery in it to get that item's legendary affix without having it equipped. Also opens up a whole slew of build options.

Will the changes be added to the ps4 version too?
Unlikely, but I could be wrong

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the big changes for me are being able to transform a duplicate set item into another of the same type that you might need. say the last piece your hunting is gloves and you keep getting the others drop, you can transform the duplicate into the gloves.

being able to loot all of same materials at once.

transforming a yellow into a legendary.

the cube ofcourse

also doomsaw has made threads for black panther, gambit and winter soldier on tuning changes before red raid.

a hero released this year need changes already LOLOLOLOL

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Who was the big Diablo 3 diehard here again? Anoregon? Noray? I forget, whoever it was you were right and I was wrong when I shat on it some months ago (boy I couldn't be more wrong). That game compared to vanilla is more of a night and day than Marvel compared to vanilla. No point in comparisons, that's not the point, just wanted to say how wrong I was now that I've delved deep into it.

it okay, let's hug it out. I can be guilty of reacting... strongly at times, too. Not that I'd describe myself as a diehard, but yeah the game now is a million times better than when it launched and the changes coming in the next patch are quite substantial.

inky

Too bad none of my friends play anymore. I can't play it alone like I can MH. And yea, it's a completely different game. Took 2 years and $40 more for them to start treating it like a proper online ARPG.

Anoregon

Also that stash tab is great and I'll probably use my remaining gold on some

I don't think it was me, but I'm glad that you decided to check it out after all the fixes/additions and like it! It's never going to live up to the D2 legacy but it's at least a proper, engaging ARPG now.

also doomsaw has made threads for black panther, gambit and winter soldier on tuning changes before red raid.

a hero released this year need changes already LOLOLOLOL

Not that surprising, I'm sure their internal metric show Bucky to be a very unpopular hero when it comes to what people are actually playing. They tried to make him something that doesn't really work in the existing MH paradigm (stealthy) and their bandaids over that only took him from bad to unremarkable.

WS was the hero that convinced me to not buy any more hero preorder packs.

Winter Soldier became obsolete the moment Punisher's review went live. They released him, infamously, in a completely unfinished state. Was a mess. She-Hulk is right there with him too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Quality differences aside one thing that Diablo really brings out (in my opinion of course) is how much better Marvel would be without the mmo trappings. But I've been beating that drum for a while now :/

Down to 12 heroes needing training from 30 to 60... I'm gettin' there, slowly but surely. Got a LOT of heroes up to 60 in the past couple months, too. That XP orb bug from a while ago was probably the main catalyst for my motivation to do that going up.

Lord Phol

Wow haven't been here for awhile but there seems to be a lot of negativity all around >>. I tried the TC a bit and was surprised how fun War Machine is, he's like the Iron Man I always wanted. Will probably be back for a bit when he goes live. The Cable rework that I've been looking forward to seems all right, nothing great. Will at least take him from 52 to 60 I think.

I also read something about controller support by the end of the year? I'm not going to believe it before I see it, but if they are working on it that's pretty cool. Would definitely add some fun to the game.

Valnen

Wow haven't been here for awhile but there seems to be a lot of negativity all around >>. I tried the TC a bit and was surprised how fun War Machine is, he's like the Iron Man I always wanted. Will probably be back for a bit when he goes live. The Cable rework that I've been looking forward to seems all right, nothing great. Will at least take him from 52 to 60 I think.

I also read something about controller support by the end of the year? I'm not going to believe it before I see it, but if they are working on it that's pretty cool. Would definitely add some fun to the game.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/marvel-hero...w-dawn-for-gazillions-reinvigorated-comic-mmo

Controller support is definitely coming, and I can't wait. It will bring me back into the game for sure. I "only" have 149 hours played and I could see myself putting in many more if the controller works as well as it does with Diablo 3. It's something I feel every ARPG should support. I'll be even more in if we get a PS4 version with account transfer like Warframe.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes I still don't understand how I put over 1400 hours into MH. Like I just can't comprehend that number. I literally can't think about the opportunity cost of that time spent, it would break me.

But I had fun.......

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
If you are a fan of Marvel’s comic output, prepare to get excited: characters from All New, All Different Marvel (the comics’ current ‘phase’) will be making appearances, including Jane Foster’s Thor and Spider-Gwen. The Skrulls - a race of shape-shifting aliens - have invaded the planet in the new tenth chapter of the game’s story campaign. They bring with them new bosses, including Super Skrull Kl’rt - who possesses the powers of the Fantastic Four - and the War Skrull, who has some X-Men abilities. “He’s got Cyclops’ visor, Wolverine’s claws, Colossus’s metal skin, etc,” says Brevik. Presumably Beast’s blue fur was a step too far…

Alongside these improvements will be controller support, and a graphical overhaul that will increase the fidelity of the heroes. Steam Achievements are finally being added, and the Mac version will exit beta. It’s a big set of changes, proving this year’s branding is much more than just changing the number in the title.

Like the 2015 change though, Marvel Heroes 2016 is just the start of a new season of updates. “I think that we will continue to roll out new heroes often. We’re at a hero a month right now. Each one plays very different as a new character class. We’ll continue to do a lot of that,” says Brevik. “We’ll have new raids to participate in. In fact there’s going to be a new raid probably this winter that involves a major moment. We’ll continue to tie into the movies and have up to date content with them.”

http://www.pcgamesn.com/marvel-hero...w-dawn-for-gazillions-reinvigorated-comic-mmo

Rhaknar

bought the remaining 3 crafting stash tabs, good change

LuuKyK

So next hero is Kitty right? This time I might actually come back to the game and finally waste some of that 1 thousand splinters I still have. The rest of them I will keep for when Gaz has the sense of adding Elektra to the game. >_>

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
some good cable changes

Hey folks,

Today's Test Center build contains some changes for Cable since last you saw him:

Spirit costs for Pulse Rifle, Psimitar Slice, and Mind Bullets lowered to 3, 7, and 6 respectively
Further normalization of CDs & DoT durations
Foresight Bomb can now teleport over walls and provides a buff to Cable after use that forces his Spirit to regenerate, even while using powers
Askani Discipline damage negation increased to 10%
Veteran Warrior is cost free during Greymalkin Bombardment
There are already a number of other changes in progress for Cable at this time, these are just the ones that made it for today's build. Some of the upcoming changes you'll see in a future Test Center update include:

Switching Veteran Warrior's non-specialization bonuses to proc to be based around Energy & Mental powers rather than Melee & Ranged
Removing the active component of Techno-Organic Virus and converting the power to a full passive
Tweaks to Particle Accelerator functionality

exploding palm wooo

I was all gung-ho for trying Psimitar when he went live. Then we had this insane idea for Particle Accelerator, and after seeing it implemented, I might just have to change over. Here's what we're going with:

Particle Accelerator will have a cooldown and is no longer a skillshot, but directly targeted - will always hit the person you mouse over. After the DoT wears off and triggers the explosion (which has been increased in size), all enemies hit will ALSO BE AFFECTED by Particle Accelerator, gaining their own 3s DoT which explodes when it ends. This power is now brought to you by Michael Bay.

kitty should be september and maybe deadpool review near end / early october, then blade for halloween, and november will probs be 2016 launch with a suprise hero and maybe iron fist

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I've been out of the loop on Cable's rework and literally anything they did to him would be an improvement but this all sounds like he could be really fun. Looking forward to prestiging him when it drops.

Rhaknar

I've been out of the loop on Cable's rework and literally anything they did to him would be an improvement but this all sounds like he could be really fun. Looking forward to prestiging him when it drops.

First we had the only Ben Reilly fan in existence, now we have found the only Cable fan. What next, a Longshot fan?

I fucking loved Longshot :(

Rhaknar

Isn't Longshot the guy from the 90's Xmen cartoon that was like a space TV star?

He's the actor from the mojoverse who hung out with the xmen for a bit. He had "luck" powers like Domino or Black Cat I guess. I was always a fan of non-mutant xmen members

Drayco21

Ended up taking Jean to, like, level 40 or so tonight for some reason. Had a great time; everything was on fire. Good shit; I'll probably take her to 60 at some point.

This game is alright, guys.

Drayco played and praised a mutant.

Here are the scrolls that drop during every Mystic event:

XpCjmsh.jpg

n4XvQMQ.jpg

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit. The drop rates on those have to be lower than a costume's, that's insane! edit: oh just read the flavor text, lmao. Not gonna even try to get them. Did all 10 of those Golden tickets or whatever end up dropping yet?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit. The drop rates on those have to be lower than a costume's, that's insane! edit: oh just read the flavor text, lmao. Not gonna even try to get them. Did all 10 of those Golden tickets or whatever end up dropping yet?

All 5 yes n few got dropped but for wrong country so they hooked them up with things.

These tho the drop rate is higher its all in game stuff which many people already have so nothing special

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Ryolnir
Cable, War Machine, Carnage, S.T.A.S.H. 2.0 are all coming out next week.

This week's patch will at the most contain Mystic Mayhem.

nice

Anoregon

I wonder how many of those limbo scrolls will go to marvelgaf. I would like to get one.

Holy shit those scrolls.

I could definitely go for one or ten of them haha.

Might have to try to play a fair bit during this event. Sounds like it'll be a nice change anyway.

Top Bottom