• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The two bolded things are why no one should really care.

It's weird that you cared when you admit yourself that it doesn't even matter.

I mean yeah, but it's a thing that's there, you know? It's still something you wanna get. Those power points are out there, you know they're available, you must have them... YOU MUST. But if the event's not on, tough shit.

Leave me alone don't judge me I just want the points

The greatest event on paper ends up being something people want to see immediately replaced. Oh Gaz.

I don't want it immediately replaced, but they need to seriously change it up a bit. It's literally just "Walk from A to B, kill boss, walk from B to C, kill boss", etc.
And for a fairly challenging boss rush like that on a timer, the loot is utterly rubbish.

Makes you wonder what the point of the TC was for this event. When they first put it up, it was specifically way too easy, and so people couldn't give feedback. Then when loot and everything was implemented, either no one did it, or Gaz didn't make any changes based on the feedback. I sorta recall the Limbo feedback thread not even hitting a second page, so that's not a good sign. They just rushed this one out since there was nothing else coming this week.

Beat Limbo on my first try. Got a shitty costume core and that was basically it. Bad loot. I actually don't mind the boss rush thing (and I'm still a fan of the ultron mode more or less), but every new piece of content just feels like Boss rush.

Volimar

Beat Limbo on my first try. Got a shitty costume core and that was basically it. Bad loot. I actually don't mind the boss rush thing (and I'm still a fan of the ultron mode more or less), but every new piece of content just feels like Boss rush.

Did you do the follow up mission?

Volimar

You mean talk to magik? >_>

If you complete the Limbo event, you get a follow up mission from someone like Spider Man, Dr. Strange, Alexandra Blaze, etc. The mission is to take out certain enemies. Once you complete it you get a reward, usually 3 or 4 Mystic Madness boxes. Check your mission tabs.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Limbo is like the last part of Ultron where you fight the minibosses in a row. That's it, there is nothing to it at all. The bosses are just repurposed raid bosses. It's really lame. And it makes no sense to hide it behind a shitty event. They should just make it available at all times for the standard rewards and do an event that incentivizes it or something.

Another new mode/map, another disappointing content drop. Oh well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you complete the Limbo event, you get a follow up mission from someone like Spider Man, Dr. Strange, Alexandra Blaze, etc. The mission is to take out certain enemies. Once you complete it you get a reward, usually 3 or 4 Mystic Madness boxes. Check your mission tabs.

I didnt get that on Doom, I only got the power points

or I missed it, more likely

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
When the loot is worse than xdef there is problems.

The loot in boxes should be dropping from bosses. This chest thing is affecting every mode n its boring mechanic

I got 1 Mystic Madness box from that quest after like 2 hours of waiting for Gorgon and Grim Reaper to spawn somewhere, as they were on my hitlist.
I also got 1 Mystic Madness box from Limbo, as well as 1 Relic of Chthon and a few epic and cosmic items for the character I was playing (Doom). That's it. If it didn't give you 3 power points I don't think anybody would bother with Limbo. It's rubbish.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got 1 Mystic Madness box from that quest after like 2 hours of waiting for Gorgon and Grim Reaper to spawn somewhere, as they were on my hitlist.
I also got 1 Mystic Madness box from Limbo, as well as 1 Relic of Chthon and a few epic and cosmic items for the character I was playing (Doom). That's it. If it didn't give you 3 power points I don't think anybody would bother with Limbo. It's rubbish.

The demon invasions in midtown and stuff are cool, but limbo mode itself is kind of meh. Just a rush rush go go go go boss time travel isn't super fun.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
True story: I didn't even know there was a timer because I ran it with SG members and we kinda destroyed it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so they borked limbo even more now. bosses not spawning, some bosses spawn and some dont.

people queing for group get put into empty zone with no other party.

this patch has been true fail

True story: I didn't even know there was a timer because I ran it with SG members and we kinda destroyed it.

We had failed an attempt before you joined us. It was partially my fault for my computer being a toaster and lagging like hell. I also think most of us missed those buff balls you can pick up.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
so they borked limbo even more now. bosses not spawning, some bosses spawn and some dont.

people queing for group get put into empty zone with no other party.

this patch has been true fail

when Gaz deploys a patch the day after a patch, aka with no testing, you know it's going to be Extra Specially Fucked

I'm not surprised they're going to rebrand this game's name again. At first, Marvel Heroes 2015 was great. Many issues were addressed, many modes were made more engaging and interesting, but now it's been going downhill quite consistently.
I blame Carnage fans and mutie lovers.

Man, remember when they didn't rush out every single thing to the point of utterly breaking it, just some things?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
just so everyones aware magik could be sooner then we think because her skills are in the war machine patch on datamine :p

aSJuBWJ.png

she also has a costume reward for achievements in limbo

vwMin.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Magik "surprise" release for 2016 launch.

Lord Phol

Magik "surprise" release for 2016 launch.

Would not be suprised at all (though I totally would, or would i?)

Man, remember when they didn't rush out every single thing to the point of utterly breaking it, just some things?

Dunno man, I've played since beta and never remember this being the case. Broken patches has been a thing for Gaz since day 1. Game was so broken at launch that people got free Gs :p. I didn't complain though!

Mulgrok

Dunno man, I've played since beta and never remember this being the case. Broken patches has been a thing for Gaz since day 1. Game was so broken at launch that people got free Gs :p. I didn't complain though!

The game had terribly broken patches when I first played around the 1 yr anniversary, but they got a lot better... until recently. Game runs worse than ever for me, so I am taking an indefinite break.

The problems were never this bad. It fell apart when patches became weekly, but that's what the playerbase seems to want. Make a post about moving patches to monthly releases on the forum and watch the disagrees pile up.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The problems were never this bad. It fell apart when patches became weekly, but that's what the playerbase seems to want. Make a post about moving patches to monthly releases on the forum and watch the disagrees pile up.

well no shit most of them are so far up gazillions ass anyway. only time people went mad was over how the variants were first going to be handled. thats why doomsaw still jokes about ryolnirs disagrees thing

Volimar

The good thing is that people seem to be getting the hang of Limbo. I got my Cap and Cyc through last night, no problem.

well no shit most of them are so far up gazillions ass anyway. only time people went mad was over how the variants were first going to be handled. thats why doomsaw still jokes about ryolnirs disagrees thing

image.php

Looks great!

Anoregon

Queen's red hair voodoo worked, she got a limbo ticket!

So I haven't been playing recently at all because of other games (mostly FFXIV) but I was planning to come back and get War Machine as I have always loved Rhodey.

However, after looking at his default costume I am pretty disappointed. I really dislike it. It looks cheap and lacks any sort of detail at all especially compared to the AoU one. I didn't read much of the Initiative so maybe it is close to the source material, but there are so many better designs. Maybe it is just the picture on the store, but it looks very plastic-y...

The movie costume looks amazing though, so I guess I should just jump on the pre-order. Sigh... Not many of the default costumes have bothered me so far but this one really looks like shite IMO.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Anoregon

I don't mind the design of the default, I'm just bothered by his weird little legs in the actual MH model.

I actually have 3 costumes ready to blend and am waiting for his release just so his alt becomes a possibility. 1/300 odds, flawless plan.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind the design of the default, I'm just bothered by his weird little legs in the actual MH model.

I actually have 3 costumes ready to blend and am waiting for his release just so his alt becomes a possibility. 1/300 odds, flawless plan.

If you actually get it you must immediately buy a lottery ticket

Finally got Deadpool to 60. That's the least interesting character to me out of the way, and man was he dull to play - his dumb jokes didn't help, especially since sometimes he wouldn't even finish saying a joke before another one started rolling out. At least I used the Deadpool the Kid costume, which made it slightly more bearable.
Gambit is next. Not looking forward to it.

Finally got Deadpool to 60. That's the least interesting character to me out of the way, and man was he dull to play - his dumb jokes didn't help, especially since sometimes he wouldn't even finish saying a joke before another one started rolling out. At least I used the Deadpool the Kid costume, which made it slightly more bearable.
Gambit is next. Not looking forward to it.

Should've waited for the review. Also Gambit is getting gameplay changes and buffs this patch, so hold off a few days if you can.

It's no different than something like Iron Man's default. The Initiative costume is just made to be simple in design.

Not that it matters anyway. The GOAT War Machine costume is coming too.

Oh wait the Initiative one is the same one as the later series? The one that is based on Stanetech?

If that is the case that honestly just makes me even more disappointed with the version in MH.

I am probably just being picky as I doubt it will be THAT noticeable in game, but I just think the armor looks kinda flimsy. Maybe the one they are using on the store is just a bad pic, but the texture work looks way too plastic-y and as Anoregon mentioned he looks extremely top heavy.

IROMcover33F.jpg

The MH one seriously looks like he is wearing a tight fitting bodysuit anywhere from the chest down. That obviously isn't rare in Iron Man armors (and the first iteration of War Machine features that style) but that specific armor should look bulkier overall IMO. The chrome parts also have a pretty shitty texture that don't have much shine, which is kinda WM's staple y'know?

I will just hope it looks okay from the normal game perspective I guess, but I do think they could have done a lot better job.

Anyway, I will reserve final judgement until I see it in game and stop my nit-picking. :p Might actually re-install the test center tomorrow to check it out.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
You're not wrong, that costume looks super flat. In the illustration you can see the leg armor sticking out a bit, but it's just flat on the model. It looks far too plain.

Anoregon

The words "war machine" definitely evoke images of extremely form-fitting glossy plastic.

Top Bottom