• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Increased camera tension and movement snappiness on player teleport travel powers to the standard that Doom's was at, including Cable, Deadpool, Rogue, Surfer, Witch, Psylocke, Loki, Dr. Strange, Nightcrawler, and Vision

sweeeeet

tuning targets

Gambit (many targeted buffs this week)
Black Panther (work in progress for next week)
Winter Soldier (work in progress for next week)
Squirrel Girl (announced for September)
Daredevil
Star-Lord
Taskmaster
Nightcrawler
Luke Cage
Invisible Woman
Magneto

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
We do not have the greatest track record in non-marvel threads.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't that bad in this case. I assume it's a short temp ban. I miss kepow in this thread.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This thread would never fall off the first page if kepow was here.

Default War Machine looks decent enough with the in-game lighting. Here's a motion and standstill shot. There's a bit of reflective metal look to his armor, not plasticy like the poorly lit render on the shop.

basEe7B.png

AEey6x7.png

Default War Machine looks decent enough with the in-game lighting. Here's a motion and standstill shot. There's a bit of reflective metal look to his armor, not plasticy like the poorly lit render on the shop.

[pics]

That does look a bit better! I still think the leg armor could be a little bit more prominent on the thighs, but that is really being nitpicky about something you won't notice in 99% of the gameplay.

As I expected, the pic on the store is just not a good representation. I really feel like they do that to try and subconsciously convince people to buy the pack ;p
Especially since the AoU movie costume doesn't seem to have that problem. Heh

Glad to see that the lighting in the original pic is what was making the chrome textures looks so plain. I will might just pick him up and just wait for one of the OG armors to hit the store. :D

Thanks for the in-game pics Frontinferno! I checked out some skill preview vids last night but every single one was using the movie armor. Heh.

I did like what I saw of his skills, though I am definitely in the camp that kinda hates the idea of his current ultimate. As long as the execution is improved, it won't bother me that much but it is probably my least favorite example of them shoving in a MCU reference.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
AH YEAH SQUIRRELS

What did you do?

LoH on more stuff or just fixing her already broken LoH?

Fixing and adding. Tuning skills n animations. Apparently her tech is old she only uses it so her back-end stuff will probs be updated too. Her new costume comes then too.

Anoregon

Ok, I am somewhat placated. Definitely looks better in those screenshots than the store model.

For the achievement hunters, they found out what the Mystery Mayhem secret achievement is:
As Dr. Strange with Clea team-up out and active, kill Green Goblin 3 times, then kill Pyro 3 times and then you'll apparently just have to kill Lavamen and Limbo demons in MM until it pops.

zorbsie

Hi everyone, just got back into this game after about a year off. Looks like they have done a ton of work on it. I picked up Hulk and am slowly leveling him up. I really love how he just wrecks stuff. It's like guiding a tornado. :) Is there any tips you veteran players can give? Have an extra 400g and was looking at the team up store. Not sure what the team up stuff is though, there really is a lack of info in game. Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Hi everyone, just got back into this game after about a year off. Looks like they have done a ton of work on it. I picked up Hulk and am slowly leveling him up. I really love how he just wrecks stuff. It's like guiding a tornado. :) Is there any tips you veteran players can give? Have an extra 400g and was looking at the team up store. Not sure what the team up stuff is though, there really is a lack of info in game. Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Team-ups are basically companions. You can call them and they help you fight, and if they're away can give you passive bonuses.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah those forums blew up because you have to own things to unlock the achievement that doesn't do anything for another 6 months.

i can see how for some people having a specific team up is annoying

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
and heretic is leaving gazillion

It is with reluctance and regret that I must announce that as of the end of this week, I will be moving on from Gazillion and Marvel Heroes to a mobile startup in Los Angeles.

My time on Marvel Heroes has been a fantastic experience that I do not regret for an instant, but there comes a time when a confluence of opportunities requires the difficult choice of leaving what has been both a fruitful and secure berth.

I maintain great confidence in the aptitude and rectitude of the Marvel Heroes development team, which combined with the fervor and passion of the community I am certain that both together will make for a fantastic future for Marvel Heroes.

@bentlegiant will be assuming the majority of my Content oversight responsibilities, and while he probably (probably...can never be sure with someone who advocates Soylent for all his meals) won't enjoy the inevitable uptick in his Disagree count, you all should reap the benefits of an incomparably zealous advocate for the highest quality content and community experience.

For those looking to keep in touch and/or in the loop:

Personal Blog (also zombie haiku and werewolf sonnets) - https://hereticalreflections.wordpress.com
Super Secret Personal Game Side Project - http://www.jubal.com
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/gtuffli
Twitter - https://twitter.com/geofftuffli
It has been an honor to work on this project and a privilege to create marvelous experiences for as awesome a community as you all are.

bentle will be taking his place as lead content designer,

bentle created the man ape one shot so yea

art of rawr and heretic in same year, ouch

regarding delays

I don't expect to see any delays as a result of this, honestly.

The Content Design team has been running abreast or ahead of the other teams for the most part.

Danger Room, Secret Invasion, the Hightown patrol, and the [REDACTED] patrol after that are all on schedule.

Anoregon

Yeah I am under the impression that heretic has done some of the better stuff in MH, this is sad.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Oh... the Man Ape One shot huh... Well... hopefully that map is so shit because they had to use repurposed old assets??? Maybe??

War Machine looks better than expected, and the Cable review sounds good as well.

I'll play a bit this weekend. I should probably try out the Genosha raid finally.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Reported for trolling, baiting, lying.

also strim starting in 15 minutes showing off WM, Cable, and whatever else they've got going on http://www.twitch.tv/MarvelHeroes

the door opening for heretic ?

this is such a random stream the notice went up like an hour ago. probs to take attention away from content designer leaving, like hey look at us we are fine

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
They posted a couple of hours ago on twitter announcing it, at least. Anyway people in the industry switch jobs all the time, it's no reason for picnic.

Anoregon

The stream was announced a day ago. It's not a random spur of the moment thing.

Yeah, tomororw (or Friday) is a fairly large patch, what with new hero, one of the most significant reviews yet, and a new teamup. Stream is not unusual.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
next event is armor

kitty and magik are 400 es

black cat is last hero doomsaw said good mechanics looking forward trying late this year or early jan

no wesley snipes for blade and i dont believe actor is better

think the Blade actor worked out even better than Snipes. Not sure if Ryan announced it yet.

iron fist december

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The movie costume is so much better, it's criminal.

Also asros confirmed he'll summon movie Iron Man for his Ult with that costume equipped when I asked, awesome.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
spider woman costume ? lol

deadpool review starts september will take 1 - 2 months

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
MS MARVEL IS FINALLY GETTING RENAMED TO CAPTAIN MARVEL AND IS GETTING AN AWESOME COSTUME YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

They also pretty much confirmed this is a variant for the FC so assume that the normal colored version of this costume will just be sold in the store.

Top Bottom